PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Capologists.

Big Chief Homer
03-05-2005, 06:56 AM
If the chiefs are interested in 2 corners,1 saftey,and 2 linebackers and

need extra cap space.what would be the cap damage of just releasing

say Woods,Bartee,Mccleon,Maz,Barber and morton.I understand the

injury settlement part of maz and Barber,but is it better to cut these

guys now or will it hurt more than keeping them.Does it effect this years

#'s or the next few years.Help an ignorant brother out please.

Thanks,BCH

ct
03-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Woods - prolly bad, just resigned him last off-season.
Bartee - just resigned last year, but contract was relatively small, so I don't thing it would be too bad.
Maz, Mccleon, Morton, Barber - may not be too bad since they are all 2-4 years into contracts.

My take, only Morton and Dexter are likely cap casualties. Maz might be released with an injury settlement kind of deal, but more likely he'll ride the IR for another season before we cut ties. Barber at this point we still need, so he'll be on PUP before we decide on him.

Bartee is gonna have to earn his spot in TC.

Woods will be our starting FS, of that I'm pretty sure. Nobody we sign will push him out of the lineup, and we are NOT gonna cut him.

mississippichiefan
03-05-2005, 07:05 AM
I would like to know this too. I wonder if its going to be one of those june 1st cut deals , where you can't get rid of them till then. Other wise why is Morton and Bartee still on our roster , they have to go . I would feel better if they were gone now ! Go Chiefs !

RedNeckRaider
03-05-2005, 07:06 AM
I have not a clue to the cap. I wish somebody could hip me to how it works! Oakland comes in every year around a billion over. Yet every year they are able to get under and sign high priced players.

stumppy
03-05-2005, 07:07 AM
I would like to know this too. I wonder if its going to be one of those june 1st cut deals , where you can't get rid of them till then. Other wise why is Morton and Bartee still on our roster , they have to go . I would feel better if they were gone now ! Go Chiefs !

I think the hit we'll take on morton get's spread out over 2 years instead of one if we wait until june 1st.

Big Chief Homer
03-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys.

Big Chief Homer
03-05-2005, 07:12 AM
I have not a clue to the cap. I wish somebody could hip me to how it works! Oakland comes in every year around a billion over. Yet every year they are able to get under and sign high priced players.

The donx and skins do the same every year also.

I think i need to take a class on this sh*t.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 07:28 AM
They cheat.

RedNeckRaider
03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
They cheat.
I am cool with that :)