PDA

View Full Version : Civil Disobediance - 21st Century Style.

Baby Lee
03-05-2005, 08:18 AM
http://www.sfbg.com/39/22/cover_fcc.html

SweChief
03-05-2005, 08:30 AM
http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/images/news/big_brother_watching.jpg

Bowser
03-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Who knew the Nazi party was alive and well inside the FCC? :shake:

What is your legal opinion of this, BL? As the technology becomes more widespread, and the public realizes just how limited they are in their choices with that technology, do you think there will be lawsuits or civilsuits on a grand scale against this crap?

patteeu
03-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Who knew the Nazi party was alive and well inside the FCC? :shake:

What is your legal opinion of this, BL? As the technology becomes more widespread, and the public realizes just how limited they are in their choices with that technology, do you think there will be lawsuits or civilsuits on a grand scale against this crap?

Lawsuits on what theory?

trndobrd
03-05-2005, 10:24 AM
I should never have opened that link. Certainly the monolithic FCC/Corporate Oligarchy is on to me now. CRAP! I think I hear helicopters overhead. Thanks a lot, BL!

Bowser
03-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Lawsuits on what theory?

Maybe lawsuits wasn't the right word. Uproar may be better. If the public goes nuts about have their "freedom" taken away, is there any chance that the FCC would rethink/rescind this whole Flag issue?

patteeu
03-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Maybe lawsuits wasn't the right word. Uproar may be better. If the public goes nuts about have their "freedom" taken away, is there any chance that the FCC would rethink/rescind this whole Flag issue?

OK. It would be nice if there was enough of an uproar to cause that, but I don't think the average communications consumer will even be aware of what's happening, much less feel the motivation to lift a finger over it. If enough people did though, I have no doubt that the FCC would bow to political pressure. In situations like this, the passion that the industry interest groups feel over this exceeds that of the grassroots opposition, IMO.

Bowser
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
OK. It would be nice if there was enough of an uproar to cause that, but I don't think the average communications consumer will even be aware of what's happening, much less feel the motivation to lift a finger over it. If enough people did though, I have no doubt that the FCC would bow to political pressure. In situations like this, the passion that the industry interest groups feel over this exceeds that of the grassroots opposition, IMO.

So, you're saying money talks? I figured as much. :shake: