PDA

View Full Version : Lets say we DO end up with (enter FA name here)..then what?

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Even if (HUGE IF) we get Hartwell and S. Rolle we still have alot more needs, right? Safety, another LB, WR/WR's, our O line isnt getting any younger, backup QB, etc etc. How many of these needs will be addressed in the draft? Im hoping we use our top 2 picks at least on the best available DEFENSIVE players, then we can look at the offense a bit...maybe a WR or QBotf, then another O-lineman or 2. Our D wont be "fixed" in one offseason for sure, but IF we get the above mentioned FA's and do a good job in the draft it could be drastically improved. Right? Thoughts?

Gaz
03-05-2005, 09:15 AM
• FA:
MLB Hartwell
CB Rolle

• DRAFT:
Round 1 CB or OLB
Round 2 OLB or CB
BAA the rest of the way down

We do not need FA or high-Round Draft Safeties. We have a couple of Safties currently playing Cornerback. De-convert them.

With the glaring problems on Defense, I am willing to go into the season with the receivers currently on the roster:
Kennison, Boerigter, Parker, Horn, Smith, Hall, Gonzalez, Wilson, Dunn, Holmes & Johnson. If a cheap FA WR fell into our laps, I would not throw him back, but WR is WAY down the list.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks this is doable.

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Agreed Gaz...whats the story with Bo? I thought we didnt re-sign him or something like that? If you really look at our WR's that you mentioned what do we have? Not much, unproven players that havent played much up to this point (if you dont count Bo), I would like to pick a cheap, experienced WR who isnt scared to catch the ball over the middle. IMO if Kennison is your "go to" WR then you are definitely lacking something in WR.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2005, 09:18 AM
If we bring in an offensive lineman then I will go postal on the FO. The O-line has backups in place already - Black, Sampson, Bober.

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:22 AM
If we bring in an offensive lineman then I will go postal on the FO. The O-line has backups in place already - Black, Sampson, Bober.

As for the O-line...maybe. Im also thinking that after this season I wouldnt be surprised if we lose Roaf and Shields for sure (retirement) and then what do you have? Those backups as starters? I dont think so. You have to be thinking ahead with O-linemen and if you got another young up and comer THIS year and let him learn from two of the best around it would be tremendous in the future.

Gaz
03-05-2005, 09:24 AM
If your FA WR is inexpensive and willing to play on a team where WRs are not the stars, then bring him on.

I like what I saw from Horn and Parker. We will have to see if Boerigter lives up to his initial promise. True, the Chiefs WR corps is not awe-inspiring, but they are not the engine that drives the Offense. I like the idea of 2TE sets with Gonzalez and Wilson. Multiple options.

I am not willing to say “no Offensive players,” but I am willing to say that any Offensive players have to be real bargains this season.

xoxo~
Gaz
Giving the Offense scant attention this time round.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2005, 09:25 AM
As for the O-line...maybe. Im also thinking that after this season I wouldnt be surprised if we lose Roaf and Shields for sure (retirement) and then what do you have? Those backups as starters? I dont think so. You have to be thinking ahead with O-linemen and if you got another young up and comer THIS year and let him learn from two of the best around it would be tremendous in the future.Why couldn't those backups be starters?

Black started games at RT last year. Welbourne natural position is guard. We have Brett Williams as well.

I don't know how many up and coming OLT we can get to replace Roaf that won't command a 12 million dollar SB.

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Why couldn't those backups be starters?

Black started games at RT last year. Bober can play guard. We have Brett Williams as well.

I don't know how many up and coming Lawrence Taylor 's we can get to replace Roaf that won't command a 12 million dollar SB.

LT couldnt hold Roaf' jockstrap...on the O-line. ;) OK, your backups DO become starters then who backs THEM up?

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 09:28 AM
• FA:
MLB Hartwell
CB Rolle

• DRAFT:
Round 1 CB or OLB
Round 2 OLB or CB
BAA the rest of the way down

We do not need FA or high-Round Draft Safeties. We have a couple of Safties currently playing Cornerback. De-convert them.

With the glaring problems on Defense, I am willing to go into the season with the receivers currently on the roster:
Kennison, Boerigter, Parker, Horn, Smith, Hall, Gonzalez, Wilson, Dunn, Holmes & Johnson. If a cheap FA WR fell into our laps, I would not throw him back, but WR is WAY down the list.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks this is doable.

what Gazarus said :)

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:29 AM
If your FA WR is inexpensive and willing to play on a team where WRs are not the stars, then bring him on.

I like what I saw from Horn and Parker. We will have to see if Boerigter lives up to his initial promise. True, the Chiefs WR corps is not awe-inspiring, but they are not the engine that drives the Offense. I like the idea of 2TE sets with Gonzalez and Wilson. Multiple options.

I am not willing to say “no Offensive players,” but I am willing to say that any Offensive players have to be real bargains this season.

xoxo~
Gaz

For sure Gaz, Im saying if they are in the draft it shouldnt be till after the 4th round and cheapy FA's maybe.

siberian khatru
03-05-2005, 09:30 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

I think the best bet in your scenario is that Parker steps up as a full-time player. I'm really not expecting much from Bo. Hope I'm wrong, but that injury was bad, and his performance the year before was just as bad. I like Horn better as a No. 3.

As has been said, when you've got as many holes as we do, you've got to take some gambles at some positions. WR probably will have to be one of them, especially if we wind up giving all our cash to Rolle and Hartwell (we could only hope). At least with our personnel and Saunders at the helm, we have more flexibility on offense to mask some shortcomings than we do on defense.

Gaz
03-05-2005, 09:32 AM
For sure Gaz, Im saying if they are in the draft it shouldnt be till after the 4th round and cheapy FA's maybe.

That sounds like a plan to me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cheap and humble.

BigVE
03-05-2005, 09:33 AM
I think the best bet in your scenario is that Parker steps up as a full-time player. I'm really not expecting much from Bo. Hope I'm wrong, but that injury was bad, and his performance the year before was just as bad. I like Horn better as a No. 3.

As has been said, when you've got as many holes as we do, you've got to take some gambles at some positions. WR probably will have to be one of them, especially if we wind up giving all our cash to Rolle and Hartwell (we could only hope). At least with our personnel and Saunders at the helm, we have more flexibility on offense to mask some shortcomings than we do on defense.

Yes. AND when you mix in what Kris Wilson is supposed to add to this offense as a "slash" type of player then it helps with the WR issue as well.