PDA

View Full Version : KC 5th biggest loser in FA according to SI

gcgopher
03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/03/04/winners.losers/1.html

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Why do I believe this.......

VonneMarie
03-05-2005, 11:24 AM
The truth...

Wallcrawler
03-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Common knowledge.

Its the same crap, different off-season.

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:28 AM
The last sentence sounds like last year...

Here's to NOT doing a repeat of last year.. :toast:

Bowser
03-05-2005, 11:29 AM
The last line about sums it up:

Status quo = A loss.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 11:37 AM
5. Kansas City -- The Chiefs have only truly lost ground in the sense that they haven't gained any yet. Especially on defense, where they desperately need playmakers. They've visited with middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, but he re-signed with Philadelphia. Baltimore linebacker Edgerton Hartwell and Tennessee cornerback Samari Rolle also have passed through the team's offices at Arrowhead Stadium, but no quick deals have been forthcoming.

Cornerback Ty Law remains on the radar screen and might visit next week. Pittsburgh linebacker Kendrell Bell and Tampa Bay safety Dwight Smith were in Kansas City on Friday. On offense, the Chiefs have had a defection, with Blaylock leaving for the Jets. The bottom line is simple: The status quo equals a loss for Kansas City.

Skip Towne
03-05-2005, 11:37 AM
We suck!

Brock
03-05-2005, 11:39 AM
We'll be sifting the bargain bins yet again. Hey look! A Bryan Cox! Aww, it's broken. never mind.

Bowser
03-05-2005, 11:40 AM
We'll be sifting the bargain bins yet again. Hey look! A Bryan Cox! Aww, it's broken. never mind.

That would be funny, if it weren't probablly true. :shake:

BigChiefFan
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
So far it's the same status-quo, but if we land Rolle and Hartwell, it will be well worth the wait.

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:51 AM
So far it's the same status-quo, but if we land Rolle and Hartwell, it will be well worth the wait.
Somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion(has anyone seen an unsneaking suspicion? :hmmm: ) that we are going to sign Law, also.....

No facts to go on, just a lot of blind hope... :sulk:

Tuckdaddy
03-05-2005, 11:52 AM
They got it wrong. We should be number 1

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion(has anyone seen an unsneaking suspicion? :hmmm: ) that we are going to sign Law, also.....

No facts to go on, just a lot of blind hope... :sulk:

i just don't see that... we just gonna ignore the linebacker corps?

or you think Vermeil really is that blind about Mitchell?

Phobia
03-05-2005, 11:53 AM
SI hates us because they put us on the cover to win the SuperBowl and they look smart.... right up until that home playoff loss.

PHOG
03-05-2005, 11:59 AM
i just don't see that... we just gonna ignore the linebacker corps?

or you think Vermeil really is that blind about Mitchell?

Notice I said "also", as in, in addition to Rolle and Hartwell (plus 2 great draft choices for once)...

Also, nice addition to your sig....excuse me while I go study it.... :thumb:

Straight, No Chaser
03-05-2005, 12:04 PM
FA isn't over yet.

Shouldn't SI stick to using up that valuable page real estate on Calvin Klein underwear, pimping Turkish cigarettes and/or The Official Jeans of Dale Earnhardt?

Opinion(s) are like...

--->

Mr. Laz
03-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Notice I said "also", as in, in addition to Rolle and Hartwell (plus 2 great draft choices for once)...

Also, nice addition to your sig....excuse me while I go study it.... :thumb:

hehe... missed that "also" part :D

natalie portman is such a cutie, i felt the need to add her yesterday.

nice tight lil' butt :p

WebGem
03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
FA isn't over yet.

Shouldn't SI stick to using up that valuable page real estate on Calvin Klein underwear, pimping Turkish cigarettes and/or The Official Jeans of Dale Earnhardt?

Opinion(s) are like...

--->
Hey. What do you think about going to Sluggo's for the draft? If we could get a crew down there that day it would be cool. I probably won't make it but maybe once or twice next year with going out of state for school.

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Well we aren't alone....they rank us right up there with the packers, jets, vikings, and superbowl champions new england. At least we are keeping good company.....ROFL

jspchief
03-05-2005, 01:46 PM
SI hates us because they put us on the cover to win the SuperBowl and they look smart.... right up until that home playoff loss.

It may sound silly, but I think that's the reason the Chiefs rarely get any play in the media. So many times ,they've jumped on the bandwagon based on one season, touting us as a force to be reckoned with in the coming year, only to have us fall flat on our faces. The Chiefs have knack for making these guys look stupid(er), by having a crap year after every good year.

Kyle401
03-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Might be just a little early to be putting out FA ratings with so much talent still available to sign/trade for...

Gaz
03-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Stop that nonsense right now! We are in crisis, you blind fool!!!

WE HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYONE YET AND FREE AGENCY IS OVER IN LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Hey. It worked. I DO feel better...

xoxo~
Gaz
Joining the other lemmings.

T-post Tom
03-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Lighten up fellas...we're only a few days into FA. It's a little early to light the torches and storm the castle... That said, I'll lead the charge if this FA period ends like last year.

4th and Long
03-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Stop that nonsense right now! We are in crisis, you blind fool!!!

WE HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYONE YET AND FREE AGENCY IS OVER IN LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Hey. It worked. I DO feel better...

xoxo~
Gaz
Joining the other lemmings.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
03-05-2005, 02:27 PM
What's taking Carl so long is that he's trying to structure the deal so he can fit Hartwell under the cap, too.

But he needs to hurry. In FA, every hour that goes by, you truly do lose.

tk13
03-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Maybe the two best LB and CB prospects are still out there yet to be signed, and they're handing out FA grades?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-05-2005, 02:36 PM
DV and Carl- Leslie Neilson Naked Gun style---

DV and Carl-- We won't rest until we get Rolle and Hartwell signed.

Media-- That's great news...

Carl to DV-- Now lets go get a bite to eat.

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Lighten up fellas...we're only a few days into FA. It's a little early to light the torches and storm the castle... That said, I'll lead the charge if this FA period ends like last year.

You are right...it just started. But do you wanna wait and let all the good prospects pass us by and see what's left. No you go out and sign them right now....:deevee:

HolmeZz
03-05-2005, 03:04 PM
And if we sign Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith we'll be among the top winners in FA. Sports Illustrated can blow me. :harumph:

tk13
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
And if we sign Rolle, Hartwell, and Smith we'll be among the top winners in FA. Sports Illustrated can blow me. :harumph:
Dude, seriously, it's all just a smokescreen. Everybody knows Carl's real targets are Nick Harper, Jason Belser, and Harry Carson....

Mile High Mania
03-05-2005, 03:16 PM
Really ... it's a win for KC. Carl is helping drive up the price tags on these players, putting the other teams in a cap crunch.

htismaqe
03-05-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm getting ready to start my first CCIE class next week. And what do you know? They've already given me an A...

ROFL

chiefs4me
03-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Really ... it's a win for KC. Carl is helping drive up the price tags on these players, putting the other teams in a cap crunch.

Mark this day....First time I agree with you........PBJ