PDA

View Full Version : How come nothing is being said about this WMD report

Marada
03-05-2005, 03:17 PM
An Excert from Reuters gives me cause to wonder. They talk about the looting in the aftermath and that since that time viles of Biological Material has been turned over to UN Inspectors.

Friday's report also said the U.N. inspectors agreed with Duelfer, whose CIA (news - web sites)-organized Iraq Survey group had expressed concern about biological materials that were unaccounted for since 1991.

Duelfer's report in October said his inspection group found no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, President Bush (news - web sites)'s main reason for the invasion.

The new U.N. report noted that the Iraqis had handed over 90 unopened vials of biological agents to weapons inspectors. But it declared that 13 vials of "seed stock" or strains of microorganisms had been used, some in biological arms programs.

"The issue remains as part of the residue of uncertainty with respect to the continued existence in Iraq of seed stocks that could possibly be used in the future for the production of biological weapons agents," Perricos said in the report.

"Given its unresolvable nature, the issue could best be dealt with through monitoring to detect inter alia any possible future activity associated with biological weapon agent production or significant laboratory research work," he said.

patteeu
03-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Uh oh, you are in trouble now. No one is supposed to talk about that.

DanT
03-05-2005, 05:06 PM
Uh oh, you are in trouble now. No one is supposed to talk about that.
ROFL

Pants
03-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Wouldn't Bush's administration be all over this like flies to shit?

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. They could find stock piles of Soviet-made ICBMs and the left would still consider Bush a liar...

WilliamTheIrish
03-05-2005, 09:36 PM
How about a link there Dave-o.....?

StcChief
03-05-2005, 10:08 PM
The resultant ouptut is buried in Syria. Just wait a see.

Duck Dog
03-06-2005, 10:19 AM
It's not a matter of if he had them. Everyone knew he had them. It's a matter of WTF are they now?

The left likes to leave those kinds of details out.

Taco John
03-07-2005, 01:44 AM
It's not a matter of if he had them. Everyone knew he had them. It's a matter of WTF are they now?

The left likes to leave those kinds of details out.

Apparently so does the right, because the Bush Administration hasn't hammered on this issue at all. Mostly, because the evidence doesn't support that there was anything to move.

I *used* to be on this same wagon... We knew he had them, where are they now... that whole bit. But that ship ran aground about a year ago... about the time I jumped off.

Saulbadguy
03-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Probably a shoddy bomb casing filled with used pinball machine parts.

Radar Chief
03-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Apparently so does the right, because the Bush Administration hasn't hammered on this issue at all. Mostly, because the evidence doesn't support that there was anything to move.

I guess that depends on the “evidence” you want to ignore.
I’ve posted this a couple of times before with little to no response. (http://www.desert-voice.net/what_is_missing.htm)

Chemical: What happened to 3.9 tons of VX chemical agent? Experts either want proof of its destruction or its location. The Iraqis have told different stories over the years, but ultimately admitted prior to 1998 that they had produced that much VX and had stabilized it. Iraq has claimed the documentation on the destruction was lost or destroyed by coalition bombing, but the inspectors do not believe the Iraqis, noting that officials made seven copies of every program document, each for a different archive.
The Iraqis also claim that after 10 years, the VX would be destabilized even if it did exist. The inspectors say that once VX is stabilized — and the Iraqis admit they were able to stabilize it — it can remain effective for up to 100 years. Iraq has also denied it had weaponized VX for missile warheads, but tests conducted by an earlier weapons inspection team proved otherwise. In addition, the United Nations is seeking information on 6,000 aerial bombs filled with chemical weapons and 550 artillery shells filled with mustard gas.

Biological weapons: U.N. experts either want proof of destruction or the location of 17 tons of biological growth media needed for growing the biological agents for weaponry. The missing growth media represent half of what inspectors believe was imported by Iraq. The inspectors also want information on 15 missile warheads filled with biological agents and 157 aerial bombs believed to be filled with biological agents.
Missiles: U.N. experts either want proof of destruction or the location of Scud-type missiles. Estimates of these weapons are based in part on what Iraq did with 845 Scud missiles it imported from the Soviet Union, some of which were fired during the Iran-Iraq and Gulf Wars, and some of which were converted to longer-range missiles.
What concerns the inspectors is that Iraq developed its own missile design based on Scud and Condor missile technology. They now believe that Iraq actually built missiles based on that design but they cannot locate the weapons. The Condor missile was an Argentine-Egyptian-Iraqi program whose technology was far superior to the Scuds. Iraq said it had only tested the missile, but the inspectors believe Iraq has deployed it. Estimates vary greatly on how many missiles may be missing. U.N. experts believe there are around seven, the CIA estimates there are two to 12 and Israel believes there are up to 70. The weapons inspectors also are interested in 50 conventional missile warheads and 500-plus tons of missile fuel.

Nuclear: The International Atomic Energy Agency, which has responsibility for nuclear weapons inspections, wants Iraq to provide some key information: documentation related to Iraq’s nuclear weapons design program and details on foreign sources of assistance. The inspectors fear that Iraq may have either continued to pay foreigners who helped assist their program, or sent its own scientists abroad to work with those who provided assistance, and that when sanctions are listed, the scientists could easily restart their programs. Still, the nuclear agency has long said it “found no indication of Iraq having achieved its program goal of producing nuclear weapons, or of Iraq having retained a physical capability for the production of weapon-useable nuclear material or having clandestinely obtained such material.”

I *used* to be on this same wagon... We knew he had them, where are they now... that whole bit. But that ship ran aground about a year ago... about the time I jumped off.

Well, you can hop on or off any bandwagon you wish, you’ve displayed a clear history of doing so anyway, but just because you choose to ignore the evidence hardly means it’s “run aground”. :rolleyes:

Loki
03-07-2005, 09:54 AM
How come nothing is being said about this WMD report?

good question.

iraq:
borders like swiss cheese, 10+ years to stash it domestically or
in neighboring nations, funding, bought-off UN officials 'keeping an
eye on saddam'...

bkkcoh
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
good question.

iraq:
borders like swiss cheese, 10+ years to stash it domestically or
in neighboring nations, funding, bought-off UN officials 'keeping an
eye on saddam'...

yeah, no wonder none has been found... is it? :banghead:

mlyonsd
03-07-2005, 10:04 AM
There's only one person to blame for us invading Iraq, and that's Saddam himself. He was given the chance to put up or shut up regarding where the WMD went, and then he was given an ultimatum to get out of Iraq to save himself.

bkkcoh
03-07-2005, 10:12 AM
There's only one person to blame for us invading Iraq, and that's Saddam himself. He was given the chance to put up or shut up regarding where the WMD went, and then he was given an ultimatum to get out of Iraq to save himself.

Amen brother. he forgot there was a cowboy in the Whitehouse.... but he knew there was a southern governor in there, I could see how he could be confused. :cuss: :clap:

Taco John
03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I guess that depends on the “evidence” you want to ignore.
I’ve posted this a couple of times before with little to no response. (http://www.desert-voice.net/what_is_missing.htm)

Well, you can hop on or off any bandwagon you wish, you’ve displayed a clear history of doing so anyway, but just because you choose to ignore the evidence hardly means it’s “run aground”. :rolleyes:

Then why don't you explain why the Bush Administration gave up on searching for the stuff?

As far as hopping on and off bandwagons goes, this isn't a professional sports team. This is the real world, and you adjust your positions based on the facts. The fact right now is that the Bush Administration has officially called off the search for WMDs saying that they had "received erroneous intelligence."

Radar Chief
03-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Then why don't you explain why the Bush Administration gave up on searching for the stuff?

You tell me and we’ll both know.

As far as hopping on and off bandwagons goes, this isn't a professional sports team. This is the real world, and you adjust your positions based on the facts. The fact right now is that the Bush Administration has officially called off the search for WMDs saying that they had "received erroneous intelligence."

Yes, the search has been called off, but that doesn’t explain away all this stuff that’s missing.

InChiefsHell
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
The active search is off, but I guarantee you there are some dudes investigating quietly. They want to know what happened, but they will have to do it quietly now. Hell, for all we know, they have found stuff that will implicate other nations and are sitting on that info rather than releasing it to the world...

Boozer
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
The active search is off, but I guarantee you there are some dudes investigating quietly. They want to know what happened, but they will have to do it quietly now. Hell, for all we know, they have found stuff that will implicate other nations and are sitting on that info rather than releasing it to the world...

Oh, can I play? Ahem...Hell, for all we know, Saddam personally orchestrated the 9/11 attacks. Is that good?

Radar Chief
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh, can I play? Ahem...Hell, for all we know, Saddam personally orchestrated the 9/11 attacks. Is that good?

Ooh, ooh, I wanna play too.
Ahem. Because we can’t find any WMD’s now, they never existed.
Did I do that right?

Boozer
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Ooh, ooh, I wanna play too.
Ahem. Because we can’t find any WMD’s now, they never existed.
Did I do that right?

Sorry, the current game is "Let's make wild assumptions in an attempt to hold the administration as blameless as possible." All is not lost, however. I'm sure there's a thread on the first page of the D.C. forum where posters are playing "Let's make wild assumptions in an effort to portray the administration in as bad a light as possible." Hope this helps.

Radar Chief
03-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry, the current game is "Let's make wild assumptions in an attempt to hold the administration as blameless as possible." All is not lost, however. I'm sure there's a thread on the first page of the D.C. forum where posters are playing "Let's make wild assumptions in an effort to portray the administration in as bad a light as possible." Hope this helps.

Oh, NOW you wanna start throwing caveats at the W.A.G. game.
You’re no fun. :harumph:

Boozer
03-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Oh, NOW you wanna start throwing caveats at the W.A.G. game.
You’re no fun. :harumph:

Hey, we have to have some rules, otherwise, next thing you know, people will be bitching about Carl over here in D.C.

Taco John
03-07-2005, 05:45 PM
You tell me and we’ll both know.

I already did tell you. It's because they don't exist. The Bush Administration gave up on looking for them because enough evidence is present that they don't exist... Otherwise, why would they give up the search?

Radar Chief
03-08-2005, 07:15 AM
I already did tell you. It's because they don't exist. The Bush Administration gave up on looking for them because enough evidence is present that they don't exist... Otherwise, why would they give up the search?

So what happened to the tons of stuff that’s now missing?
It’s not like you can just explain it away as it never existed, it was found, catalogued, pictures taken and displayed for the world to see. Where’d it go? This stuff doesn’t just disappear, particularly with the volume of stuff we’re talking about. Where’d it go?
I’d assume a supposed free thinker like you would be more interested in where tons of deadly chemicals and biological weapons went than explaining away there disappearance as, “it doesn’t exist”. :hmmm:

Lzen
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
So what happened to the tons of stuff that’s now missing?
It’s not like you can just explain it away as it never existed, it was found, catalogued, pictures taken and displayed for the world to see. Where’d it go? This stuff doesn’t just disappear, particularly with the volume of stuff we’re talking about. Where’d it go?
I’d assume a supposed free thinker like you would be more interested in where tons of deadly chemicals and biological weapons went than explaining away there disappearance as, “it doesn’t exist”. :hmmm:

Lemme help ya understand Taco here. If the facts and/or evidence don't agree with Taco's views, it's much easier for him to just ignore them. ;)

Radar Chief
03-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Lemme help ya understand Taco here. If the facts and/or evidence don't agree with Taco's views, it's much easier for him to just ignore them. ;)

Particularly if the evidence/facts don’t provide some sort of leverage for him to get under everyone else’s skin. :thumb: