PDA

View Full Version : You know what's hysterical?

The Bad Guy
03-07-2005, 03:14 PM
The Chiefs gave up a 3rd round pick for John Welbourn - a player that they were moving to RT when he was a guard his whole NFL career but they won't give up a #2 for Patrick Surtain, a 3 time pro bowl corner.

The logic is just ****ing mind boggling.

I guess if the Chiefs can switch Surtain to receiver then maybe they would give up a #2 for him.

ChiTown
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Never doubt the logic of mediocrity. This organization knows what they're dong.

They have haven't underachieved because they're a bunch of idiots, ya know..................

DenverChief
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
ROFL Damn didn't even think about that

Spott
03-07-2005, 03:17 PM
What's even funnier is that the Chiefs wouldn't pay Nick Lowery the extra 100 or so thousand he wanted back in 94, and we cut him. But we paid Victor Bailey, who had 1 reception in 2 years, over a million a year and traded a #1 pick for him.

Clint in Wichita
The Chiefs gave up a 3rd round pick for John Welbourn - a player that they were moving to RT when he was a guard his whole NFL career but they won't give up a #2 for Patrick Surtain, a 3 time pro bowl corner.

The logic is just ****ing mind boggling.

I guess if the Chiefs can switch Surtain to receiver then maybe they would give up a #2 for him.

Trade our 2nd round pick? Are you crazy? We could miss out on the next Junior Siavii, or Kris Wilson.

NO WAY would I give up quality players like that for a mere Pro-Bowl corner, I don't care how bad the D is.

Phobia
3rd and a (brace for impact) a 5th.

Lzen
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I hate you all. :banghead:

Cormac
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Could it be because of Surtains asking price? It's not just the draft pick, it's probably the fact he also wants $15m+ as a SB, and has injury concerns of his own.

FWIW I think the Chiefs did an excellent job last year revamping our aging O-line with Bober, Welbourn (who should be much better this year after his injury) and Sampson. And Jordan Black looks like the real deal.

chop
03-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Could it be because of Surtains asking price? It's not just the draft pick, it's probably the fact he also wants $15m+ as a SB, and has injury concerns of his own.

FWIW I think the Chiefs did an excellent job last year revamping our aging O-line with Bober, Welbourn (who should be much better this year after his injury) and Sampson. And Jordan Black looks like the real deal.

I also think the deal for Surtain hasn't gone through because of what he's asking as compensation. I don't think the Chiefs want to give up the second round pick and that much cash.

The Bad Guy
03-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I also think the deal for Surtain hasn't gone through because of what he's asking as compensation. I don't think the Chiefs want to give up the second round pick and that much cash.

Yeah, so they should meet Smoot's asking price and then draft Rashaan Shehee.

Pro Bowl players aren't taking a discount to come to the bottom feeder Chiefs. When Carl Peterson realizes this then we might actually sign someone.

Wallcrawler
03-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, so they should meet Smoot's asking price and then draft Rashaan Shehee.

Pro Bowl players aren't taking a discount to come to the bottom feeder Chiefs. When Carl Peterson realizes this then we might actually sign someone.

Its been 16 years. He hasnt learned it yet, and he isnt going to.

I pray that this is CP's final year here.

Mark M
03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
You know what's hysterical?
The fact that people are melting down because one guy signed with another team when there are at least 3 other options still available?

Well ... I find it funny.

MM
~~:D

crossbow
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
If you guys are pissed now wait till you see what these half-witted ass- clowns do in the draft. That will just about seal it for me. Because you know they are gonna top the ignorance of even the last three years. I really can't believe what these people have done today. The heck with them. You know it is bad enough when they put Rufus Daws on their web site to insult the fans but to jerk us around like this is un-forgivable.

Baby Lee
03-07-2005, 04:11 PM
What's hysterical is that this Arena League wannabe franchise can still get people passionate about ANYTHING they do.

Looking for improvements and expecting from CP and Co. is about as sad as someone still lobbying for The X-Files to be brought back to TV.