PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Hunt is a cheap bastard and that's the end of it.

Red Dawg
03-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Carl is cheap as well but Lamar puts out only do much cash. He tells Carl to get bottom dollar. We will finish dead last in the division this year unless a miracle happens. The defense will fall even worse because Gun has no confidence in them and they have no confidence in each other. They have no leadsership on the field. Draft will not help.

We need solid FA's that can lead our defense. We had them in to visit and let them go because of Lamar and Carl won't give the cash.

nmt1
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Carl is cheap as well but Lamar puts out only do much cash. He tells Carl to get bottom dollar. We will finish dead last in the division this year unless a miracle happens. The defense will fall even worse because Gun has no confidence in them and they have no confidence in each other. They have no leadsership on the field. Draft will not help.

We need solid FA's that can lead our defense. We had them in to visit and let them go because of Lamar and Carl won't give the cash.

Go be a Cowboys and/or Redskins fan.

tomahawk kid
03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Go be a Cowboys and/or Redskins fan.

He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

nmt1
03-08-2005, 10:33 AM
He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Never been gone.

Captain Obvious
03-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, go be a fan of a team who has an owner who tries to improve his teams lackluster performance and doesn't let one side of the ball rot for 4 years.

Gosh!

Mark M
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Daddy T is a moronic ****stick and that's the end of it.

MM
~~:shake:

tomahawk kid
03-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, go be a fan of a team who has an owner who tries to improve his teams lackluster performance and doesn't let one side of the ball rot for 4 years.

Gosh!

That's what I was thinking.

morphius
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
By the, "thats the end of it" statement, can we luckily assume that this is the last thread you start?

Dartgod
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
DaddyT, shouldn't you be over on the "I'm not a Chiefs fan anymore..." thread?

nmt1
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM

Gosh!

It's pretty obvious to me that Daddy T is getting no joy out of being a Chiefs fan anymore so I offered him some options. Primarily those teams that don't have cheap bastards for owners.

Red Dawg
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Daddy T is a moronic ****stick and that's the end of it.

MM
~~:shake:

Faggot!

Stinger
03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
DaddyT, shouldn't you be over on the "I'm not a Chiefs fan anymore..." thread?

Heh...

KCTitus
101110001101001010100010100100101001001010101000011101010100110101 EVAR!!!!11oneone

Captain Obvious
It's pretty obvious to me that Daddy T is getting no joy out of being a Chiefs fan anymore so I offered him some options. Primarily those teams that don't have cheap bastards for owners.

Yeah, I knew where you were going.

Frustrations are high everywhere on this board....

nmt1
03-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I knew where you were going.

Frustrations are high everywhere on this board....

I'm glad you understand.
I do find it in poor taste to berate one of the most influential and respected people to ever be associated with the NFL just because you're disappointed over the failure to sign a free agent.
And yes, Daddy T, you are being a whiny bitch.

Mark M
03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Faggot!

Your mom would disagree with that assesment ...

MM
~~nlm

Eleazar
03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Didn't take much of a nudge to send Daddy T into warpaint territory.

OUTED!

YOUR NOT EVEN FROM MIZZOURI DADY T U CANT BE A REEL FAN

OUTED!!!!!!

COKEYES!!!!!!!

morphius
03-08-2005, 11:35 AM

MM
~~nlm
Thats odd, when I talked to her she didn't remember you. I had to describe you, "You know, the kind of tall skinny guy?".

She just laughed and replied, "Oh! You mean tiny! HA! HA!"

So at least it wasn't a completely forgetable expierence for her.

ARROW2
03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Why get on DaddyT? It's the truth. He just doesn't choose to remain a blindly loyal fan of a man who is obviously trying to hold on to his money. For what? Future FA signings? It hurts to admit it but a Fader fan said we ain't signing shit, and he was right. Oh, Smoot is in Minnesota today. Cross another one off the list, keep hope alive while the FO blows smoke up yo asses....You can still be a fan and criticize stupid ass moves. It makes you an astute fan who doesn't accept mediocrity. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!

morphius
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Why get on DaddyT? It's the truth. He just doesn't choose to remain a blindly loyal fan of a man who is obviously trying to hold on to his money. For what? Future FA signings? It hurts to admit it but a Fader fan said we ain't signing shit, and he was right. Oh, Smoot is in Minnesota today. Cross another one off the list, keep hope alive while the FO blows smoke up yo asses....You can still be a fan and criticize stupid ass moves. It makes you an astute fan who doesn't accept mediocrity. THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!
Why? Oh maybe its because instead of posting on any of the 1000 other threads that have a similar theme he feels he must blurt out with ANOTHER thread for every single unoriginal thought he has.

Red Dawg
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM

MM
~~nlm

you idiot. You are sick ****ing freakazoid and a complete asshole on top of that.

Delano
03-08-2005, 12:11 PM
hahaha..

freakazoid..

Isn't that what akward 12 year old girls say about boys?

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
you idiot...and a complete asshole on top of that.

Congrats, Mark! Not only an idiot but a complete a-hole. Nice Work!

jspchief
03-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I won't go as far as calling him a bastard, but I believe cheap may be an accurate description.

I'll also say that he's a pretty mediocre owner.

Eleazar
03-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Why? Oh maybe its because instead of posting on any of the 1000 other threads that have a similar theme he feels he must blurt out with ANOTHER thread for every single unoriginal thought he has.

This has been going on for more than a year that I have noticed. Back when the search function was still up, nearly half his posts were new thread starters. I was beginning to think his version of the planet didn't have a "reply" button, only "new thread".

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Thank you, Warpaint, for that brilliant assessment.

oldandslow
03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
I won't go as far as calling him a bastard, but I believe cheap may be an accurate description.

I'll also say that he's a pretty mediocre owner.

ding...ding...We have a winner....

And yes, he is a very mediocre owner.

and nmt...it is not about signing one free agent...it is about becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

You say you don't care enough to get upset by all of this. Then why bother posting?????

buddha
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Apparently, it's taboo with some people to question Lamar Hunt. Why? Nobody is saying he doesn't deserve his place as one of the pioneers of football. Of course he is. However, that has nothing to do with the question of whether he is willing to spend what it takes to either get quality free agents, or find a staff who understand the draft better than what KC has now.

Being a good fan doesn't mean rubber stamping everything they say or do...quite the opposite.

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Apparently, it's taboo with some people to question Lamar Hunt. Why? Nobody is saying he doesn't deserve his place as one of the pioneers of football. Of course he is. However, that has nothing to do with the question of whether he is willing to spend what it takes to either get quality free agents, or find a staff who understand the draft better than what KC has now.

Being a good fan doesn't mean rubber stamping everything they say or do...quite the opposite.

Apparently it's also taboo to suggest to those that believe Hunt's only motivation is profit, to stop buying the product.

oldandslow
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Apparently it is time for those who do not care about the quality of the product to get out of the way of those who do...

Enough backlash from the fans will get noticed by the FO.

And it is time for that...

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Apparently it is time for those who do not care about the quality of the product to get out of the way of those who do...

Enough backlash from the fans will get noticed by the FO.

And it is time for that...

This is the stuff I love reading.

The "air" of nobility -- reminds me of a scene from Braveheart.

jspchief
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Apparently it's also taboo to suggest to those that believe Hunt's only motivation is profit, to stop buying the product.

Chiefs = Crack Cocaine

Makes you feel very good sometimes
Makes you feel very bad sometimes
Hard to quit, because you quit the good as well as the bad.

tomahawk kid
03-08-2005, 01:15 PM

For many people (I think more than the orgainzation realizes), its coming to that.

Based on the feel I get from fans on the net, and those that I talk to in person, the Chiefs are at risk of losing significant fanbase in a very short timeframe.

I can speak from a season ticket holder perspective, they've almost priced me out. It not that I'm throwing up my hands and going to follow another team, I just think that its becoming too financially straining to do so for many people including myself.

At some point, these fans are going to expect more for their money. I think that day is rapidly approaching.

whoman69
03-08-2005, 01:21 PM
He reminds me of Jim Rome. That guy talks so negatively about every aspect of sports, I wonder how he even likes sports.
I would suggest that if Daddy T wants to know true frustration he should bow down to Bill Bidwill and become a Cardinals fan.
He has a point but only up to a certain level. Like any business, Carl is given an operating budget. The Steelers are given a much lower operating budget and yet they seem to contend year after year. The Steelers oftimes can't even resign their own free agents even if they want to keep them. Difference is, they know how to draft players for within their system. Carl has not drafted well in the last half dozen years or more. He has relied to much on a player's potential and overlooked their realistic talents.

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Chiefs = Crack Cocaine

Makes you feel very good sometimes
Makes you feel very bad sometimes
Hard to quit, because you quit the good as well as the bad.

I hear you, but you dont necessarily have to spend the $ to go to Arrowhead to get your fix.

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I can speak from a season ticket holder perspective, they've almost priced me out. It not that I'm throwing up my hands and going to follow another team, I just think that its becoming too financially straining to do so for many people including myself.

At some point, these fans are going to expect more for their money. I think that day is rapidly approaching.

I agree...I want to be clear, that IMO, not attending the games doesnt make anyone 'less' a fan than those that do.

jspchief
03-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I hear you, but you dont necessarily have to spend the $ to go to Arrowhead to get your fix.

I don't subscribe to the notion that the people attending the games are the only ones "buying" the product. I also don't think not "buying" the product will have anywhere near the desiered result.

nmt1
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
ding...ding...We have a winner....

And yes, he is a very mediocre owner.

and nmt...it is not about signing one free agent...it is about becoming the Arizona Cardinals.

You say you don't care enough to get upset by all of this. Then why bother posting?????

I bother posting because I want to post. I want to talk about the Chiefs and I want to call BS when people say stupid things.
Why bother being a Chiefs fan if it pisses you off so much?

Mark M
03-08-2005, 01:46 PM
you idiot. You are sick ****ing freakazoid and a complete asshole on top of that.

Um ... okay.

MM
~~:spock:

chiefsfan1963
03-08-2005, 01:47 PM
I posted a similar thread last year. I was defending DV who is just an employee when it comes right down to it and so is Carl. Lamar is the reason Chiefs have not won a Super Bowl in 35 years. That's the bottom line! Lamar is just not interested in getting the Chiefs another Ring! His priorities are focused on other matters. It's time that he sell the Chiefs to an owner who is passionate about getting to the SB and winning!!!!

Doing nothing to making our D last season better should be a Big Hint that the problem is Lamar not his employees! What a waste of a great Offense these past 3 seasons! We suffered through this in the 90's, when we had the finest D in the league for many years running. All of this went to waste, when all we could produce was a mediorce Offense!

All roads lead to LAMAR!!! His time has come and gone long ago!!! Please Lamar sell the Chiefs to some one who cares about winning!!! Chiefs fans demand it!!!!!!!!!

nmt1
03-08-2005, 01:47 PM
What is a mediocre owner, by the way?

morphius
03-08-2005, 01:52 PM
This has been going on for more than a year that I have noticed. Back when the search function was still up, nearly half his posts were new thread starters. I was beginning to think his version of the planet didn't have a "reply" button, only "new thread".
I guess he is my near polar opposite, as I have started maybe 30 threads out of my 18,000 posts...

Mark M
03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Congrats, Mark! Not only an idiot but a complete a-hole. Nice Work!

I'd like to thank my agent, the members of the academy, my wife, son and daughter ... and all of those that have been there for me throughout the years -- without your support, none of this would've been possible.

MM
~~:D