PDA

View Full Version : The FA Parade for Season Ticket $'s

petegz28
03-08-2005, 09:57 AM
This has been one of the weaker years for season tcket sales I am hearing. I think it ironic that we paraded all these players in last week, the season ticket deadline was yesterday and now we aren't hearing anything from the FO let alone have not signed anyone.

Call me a pesiimist but I am just calling it like I see it. CeePee's "back injury" story leaking is showing what he is really pulling.

Warrior5
03-08-2005, 10:27 AM
This has been one of the weaker years for season tcket sales I am hearing. I think it ironic that we paraded all these players in last week, the season ticket deadline was yesterday and now we aren't hearing anything from the FO let alone have not signed anyone.

Call me a pesiimist but I am just calling it like I see it. CeePee's "back injury" story leaking is showing what he is really pulling.

Pesiimist!

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Pete,

At the risk of opening up this can of worms again, try and THINK about how dumb that sounds.

I mean, LOOK AT THIS PLACE. Listen to 810 or 610.

The Chiefs fan base is FED UP.

There is ZERO chance that last week's activity was a smokescreen in an effort to generate ticket sales. If anything, it caused people to NOT buy tickets.

dirk digler
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
Pete,

At the risk of opening up this can of worms again, try and THINK about how dumb that sounds.

There is ZERO chance that last week's activity was a smokescreen in an effort to generate ticket sales. If anything, it caused people to NOT buy tickets.

Not exactly everybody was thinking we would have signed FA's by Friday so maybe they went ahead and renewed thinking CP would get it done. I am not into conspiracy theories but it really makes me wonder. And also remember the FA period just started on Wednesday.

Everybody is fed up with what happened yesterday but on Friday everybody was excited about all of the possibilities.

Just makes you go hmmm.

jspchief
03-08-2005, 11:44 AM
It's possible, but seems pretty unlikely.

How many people were waiting on their season ticket renewal until the last 3 days?

dirk digler
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
It's possible, but seems pretty unlikely.

How many people were waiting on their season ticket renewal until the last 3 days?

Probably not many but it may have helped the people who were undecided.

The Bad Guy
03-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Pete,

I would disagree only because if the said deadline was Friday then the early round trips of FA visits had to help increase sales. People were excited around here on Wednesday and Thursday.

By Saturday, the optimism was slowly declining, thus making the Friday deadline important.

I'm not saying it had a huge impact, but knowing the Chiefs, they certainly had an idea these visits would spark major optimism and the people on the fence would likely renew because of the players they were interested in signing.

If Arrowhead was bare on Wednesday and Thursday then they stood zero chance of getting those people on the fence.

dirk digler
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
I would disagree only because if the said deadline was Friday then the early round trips of FA visits had to help increase sales. People were excited around here on Wednesday and Thursday.

By Saturday, the optimism was slowly declining, thus making the Friday deadline important.

I'm not saying it had a huge impact, but knowing the Chiefs, they certainly had an idea these visits would spark major optimism and the people on the fence would likely renew because of the players they were interested in signing.

If Arrowhead was bare on Wednesday and Thursday then they stood zero chance of getting those people on the fence.

Yep. :thumb:

I have no doubt that it was in the back of their minds.

cookster50
03-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Pete,

I disagree. I almost thought about renewing(even though I can't afford it right now) but decided not to unless they signed someone. The dog and pony show last week probably convinced a lot of people to go ahead and renew.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Not exactly everybody was thinking we would have signed FA's by Friday so maybe they went ahead and renewed thinking CP would get it done. I am not into conspiracy theories but it really makes me wonder. And also remember the FA period just started on Wednesday.

Everybody is fed up with what happened yesterday but on Friday everybody was excited about all of the possibilities.

Just makes you go hmmm.

No, everybody was not excited. The bitching, both here and on KC radio, started BEFORE free agency even started on Wednesday.

I'm firmly convinced the Chiefs are making an effort to get these guys. They just don't know what it takes or don't want to acknowledge that their way isn't working.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I disagree. I almost thought about renewing(even though I can't afford it right now) but decided not to unless they signed someone. The dog and pony show last week probably convinced a lot of people to go ahead and renew.

The "average" fan is represented quite well by the cross-section of callers to the local radio shows. They were unhappy prior to Free Agency even beginning.

getoverit
Do they read these forums or do they just read Gretz articles. Look at Fox news sports and check out the AFC west. We have done nothing. All the other teams have at least made some sort of effort. Any move on defense at this point would be a start. Oh no lets wait and try to wait these guys out and save some money. I'm ready to join fire KARL now campaign. THANK YOU!!!!

The Bad Guy
No, everybody was not excited. The bitching, both here and on KC radio, started BEFORE free agency even started on Wednesday.

I'm firmly convinced the Chiefs are making an effort to get these guys. They just don't know what it takes or don't want to acknowledge that their way isn't working.

But on Wednesday the place lit up when the top FAs were coming to the Chiefs first.

I think they are making an effort too, but the effort includes lowballing just about every FA they have a legit chance at.

I know that they offered Trotter more, but I don't think it was ever a reality with the Eagles in the picture.

CrazyHorse
03-08-2005, 11:58 AM
My deadline to pay my 1st installment on my season tickets was Feb.18. That was before FA even started.

petegz28
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
I just am not putting anything past Carl anymore. I have supported him blindly until a week ago and I started sensing this crap coming on.

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
My deadline to pay my 1st installment on my season tickets was Feb.18. That was before FA even started.

Well, that pretty much puts this argument to rest, now doesn't it?

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I just am not putting naything past Carl anymore. I have supported him blindly until a week ago and I started sensing this crap coming on.

I think I should laugh at that, but I'm not sure.

KCTitus
03-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I just am not putting naything past Carl anymore. I have supported him blindly until a week ago and I started sensing this crap coming on.

LOL...is that what prompted you to join CP? Your recent 'awakening'?

wutamess
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
I was wondering where this Friday deadline thing came from.

~Crazy Planet rumors. :rolleyes:

shaneo69
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM
The "average" fan is represented quite well by the cross-section of callers to the local radio shows.

Not so sure about that. The sports show callers IMO tend to be the extreme personality types that like to hear themselves on the radio or kiss up to the host in order to get a pat on the head.

With only about 100-200 people on the planet at any one time (out of 70,000 season ticket holders), I don't even think this place is a good example of who the "average" fan is.

A better example of the "average" fan might be the dumbass broad who goes to all the games with her boyfriend/husband but couldn't tell you who the backup LB's are. In fact, brand new stadiums are being built all across the country to accomodate this "fan" so that she doesn't have to stand in such a long line to use the restrooms.

Phobia
03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I know of half a dozen season ticket holders who would like to have their renewal check back at this moment, so -intended or otherwise, Fridays deadline was pertinent.

cookster50
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM

That is what I thought also, however a couple days later I got a letter in the mail saying March 7th was the final day.

cookster50
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
That is what I thought also, however a couple days later I got a letter in the mail saying March 7th was the final day.

And I won't be surprised if I get another letter saying I have another couple weeks to get that first payment in :)

Nzoner
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM

Well I got mine in by the 18th so you're saying there was a second letter sent to those who didn't renew by the 18th?

If that's the case,I wouldn't be surprised.