draft carlos rogers in the 1st

yes, there is still time to have a good offseason

DenverChief
03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
yes, there is still time to have a goog offseason

WTF is a goog? :spock:

Bootlegged
03-08-2005, 10:39 AM
there is time for OTHER teams to have a good offseason.

KCTitus
Im impressed, Laz...given the recent events, I didnt figure you for looking at the 'bright side' of the situation.

siberian khatru
We don't have the money or the balls to do all that.

WilliamTheIrish
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
yes, there is still time to have a goog offseason

A "goog" offseason is what we're having now.

I hope we can lift our off season hopes to the level of splooge...

Mr. Laz
03-08-2005, 10:40 AM
WTF is a goog? :spock:

your being a lil smartass lately, now aren't ya ROFL

i was typing fast so that maybe i can get another post in before the planet crashes again.

Captain Obvious
03-08-2005, 11:10 AM
i was typing fast so that maybe i can get another post in before the planet crashes again.

It's all the strain from your Farley sig....

TRR
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
If we pull Hartwell, Bell, and Smoot/Surtain/Law, I will be extremely satisfied. I believe Bell can make the transition to OLB, Hartwell would be a stud at MLB, and Smoot/Surtain/Law would be a huge upgrade at the CB position.

If we don't make at least 2 of these 3 moves, we are in trouble. The way we draft, and the way Vermeil insists on not playing rookies spells disaster.

jspchief
03-08-2005, 11:21 AM
No way we get those three guys. Regardless of how cheap Carl is or isn't, we don't have the cap space to handle those three contracts.

jarjar
03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Don't each of those three want double digit signing bonuses or close to it? So assuming 5 year contracts and base salary that's what, at least 15m in cap we would need to clear up this year?
I'm only just now starting to understand the cap so forgive me if I'm completely out of mind here.

Kyle401
03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
No way we get those three guys. Regardless of how cheap Carl is or isn't, we don't have the cap space to handle those three contracts.

Reality just hits like a brick huh?:huh:

Mr. Laz
03-08-2005, 11:31 AM

yes we could ... if lamar hunt made the choice to

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 11:40 AM
I want Hartwell. That should be the top priority.

After that, get Smoot or Surtain.

If they do those 2 things, I'll be satisfied.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I'd be happy with a top shelf LB and CB, then find some cheap guy to replace gramps woods, and maybe a cheap option for the weakside (I don't think either Bell or Hartwell translate to the outside).

MGRS13
03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Hartwell,Bell and Smoot.
Not,Gonna Happen.

whoman69
03-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Your selections don't do anything for the safety position unless you are thinking of transferring one of our underachieving corners. Frankly I do agree with getting two CBs as we will need them to replace a starter and fill the position for Warfield. Your suggestion to get one in the draft and one in FA seems sound. But our safeties were worthless last year. Frankly I believe that Wesley puts himself out of position when he sees that the guy on the other side isn't getting his job done. Its like he wants to cover the whole field. Frankly if the guy opposite Wesley is getting the job done, he will too.
I also feel that since our needs are so numerous, that Mitchell will need to be tried on the outside, at least until/if we get Barber back.