PDA

View Full Version : Our next "short yardage" back

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-09-2000, 08:19 AM
So Gunther, while discussing Shields move to left tackle is quoted as sayiing,

"There have been thoughts I was going to put him at fullback at one time earlier in the year on the goal line. He can do anything...catch the ball, whatever."

Okay, Goonther--since you broached the subject, let's see Maslowski in the backfield. At least (as Bob Dole pointed out earlier in the week in another thread) Maz has experience at RB and some extreme desire. If we're going to start jacking around with players, let's see a real bold move to make something happen.

(And in case you missed it, Gun, Maz is larger than your preferred big guy, Bennett, in short yardage situations...)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-09-2000, 08:34 AM
Bob Dole is not an Arena League follower, but a small bit of research reveals (along with the fact that Elvis has never won a playoff game):

[i]"In 1998 he signed and played for the San Jose Sabercats of the Arena Football League. He was showcased as a linebacker and a fullback. The Sabercats went 7-7 that season and lost in the first round of the playoffs. But Maslowski stood out as one of their better players, recording 28 tackles, a team leading 149 yards rushing, and 7 TD's.</i>