PDA

View Full Version : Did we only sign Bell because Hartwell is asking for "market?"

nychief
03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
That is my guess...

Only way we can afford a FA is one who only played 3 games last year... :harumph:

nychief
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
maybe Bell was their fallback... they could not get Tracy Simien out of retirement...

Cormac
03-08-2005, 01:17 PM
I thought it was assumed that Hartwell was looking for that kind of money too. What are you trying to say?

htismaqe
03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Bell was reportedly wanting Takeo Spikes/Keith Brooking money...so to say we paid well below market value for him is kinda dumb...

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Bell was reportedly wanting Takeo Spikes/Keith Brooking money...so to say we paid well below market value for him is kinda dumb...

I'm not sure if he got Spikes/Brookings money or not but based on the escalating Free Agents salaries Bell came on the cheap and that is exactly why we got him.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
And it is also why our key CB signing will probably be Ty Law cause he too has injury concerns and will come cheaper than the other top tier CB's on the market.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll take Ty Law, but he will want 18 Million + in signing bonus so you law doubters prolly won't have to worry about it. Sounds to me like they want to draft a corner and sign a safety.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll take Ty Law, but he will want 18 Million + in signing bonus so you law doubters prolly won't have to worry about it. Sounds to me like they want to draft a corner and sign a safety.

If he thinks he has any chance of getting more than the $11million s/b that Rolle got then he is cripple and brain dead.

Rausch
03-08-2005, 03:58 PM
And it is also why our key CB signing will probably be Ty Law cause he too has injury concerns and will come cheaper than the other top tier CB's on the market.

If we could lock up law for 2-3 years for under market value I'd be all over it.

Even if he's out the first 4 weeks we're still getting a top 5 NFL corner.

For Law, losing a step would mean he'd drop down to a top 15-20 corner. Which makes him twice as good as anything we currently have on roster...

KILLER_CLOWN
03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
If he thinks he has any chance of getting more than the $11million s/b that Rolle got then he is cripple and brain dead.

I've heard Mr. Law interviewed twice and both times he stated he wanted 18-20m in signing bonus, take it for whatever it's worth.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
If we could lock up law for 2-3 years for under market value I'd be all over it.

Even if he's out the first 4 weeks we're still getting a top 5 NFL corner.

For Law, losing a step would mean he'd drop down to a top 15-20 corner. Which makes him twice as good as anything we currently have on roster...

I'm certainly not against it...only would be pissed if they end up paying him top dollar after they realised they dropped the ball on every other quality FA CB...

If he comes at the discount that he should come at with his injury concerns then I certainly wouldn't be displeased....I just fully expect him to be their target because he probably will come at a discount.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 04:02 PM
I've heard Mr. Law interviewed twice and both times he stated he wanted 18-20m in signing bonus, take it for whatever it's worth.

I want a slow jack and a belly rub from Jennifer Aniston and Anna K also but I usually settle for less.

paulgkc
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I'd be very happy if we signed a safety and then took Adam Jones in the draft. We get a Pro-Bowl caliber linebacker when he's healthy (I know that 'when' is the key part of that phrase), and much needed upgrades in the secondary.

Kerberos
03-08-2005, 04:05 PM

If Law thinks any team in the NFL is going to give him an 18M + signing bonus while he is in a walking cast till fall he is smoking some pretty good crack.

If he gets ANYONE to gamble anything more than 5-10M signing bonus I will be F*cking Amazed.

:homer:

DOH

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
That is my guess...

Only way we can afford a FA is one who only played 3 games last year... :harumph:

I would rather gamble on Bell being healthy than Mitchell being good.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
per Rhonda Moss 610, Peterson said, "We are still negotiating with Ed Hartwell"