PDA

View Full Version : Our next FA signing will be...?????

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Who do you think we'll get next, now that Bell has come aboard? Not who you want...who you think we'll get....

polls happen.....

MGRS13
03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Andre Dyson and Sammy
knight. whoo frickin hoo....

Dr. Facebook Fever
Like a moron I forgot to put Sammy Knight in the mix.....mods...couldja...wouldja.....please.......

the Talking Can
we're done for the next decade....

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Andre Dyson and Sammy
knight. whoo frickin hoo....
yea....mods add Dyson too if ya would............ I'm an idiot.

nascher
03-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Sammy Knight

Kclee
03-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I would guess Dyson. Just guessing that we won't trade for surtain, and Law is a ? right now.

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Here's a tidbit from KFFL I found interesting...

Seahawks | Waiting on Hartwell? - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:46:00 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks may have to wait a bit longer to fill their void at linebacker. While interested in free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens), he is considered less likely to visit the team right away.

Which got me to hoping until I saw this...

Dolphins | Offer on Table for Hartwell? - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:59:53 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens) is reportedly considering an offer from the Miami Dolphins.

I thought the Dolphins were broke? Has Hartwell even been to Miami? So far I thought he'd only been here and to AZ and considering the trip to Seatle.

brent102fire
03-08-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't think CeePee is willing to give up a 2nd round draft choice for a proven, Top-NFL CB in Surtain :shake: , nor do I think he will go after Smoot or Law. Hell, he let Hartwell leave whom will probably sign with the Cardinals...CeePee let the F'N CARDINALS beat him out. What a bunch of :BS:

Mark M
03-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Why would Miami get Hartwell? Don't they already have a 2 MLBs by the names of Thomas and Seau?

Did Seau retire? Is Thomas a OLB (I would've sworn he was a MLB)?

MM
~~:shrug:

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Here's a tidbit from KFFL I found interesting...

Seahawks | Waiting on Hartwell? - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:46:00 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks may have to wait a bit longer to fill their void at linebacker. While interested in free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens), he is considered less likely to visit the team right away.

Which got me to hoping until I saw this...

Dolphins | Offer on Table for Hartwell? - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:59:53 -0800

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens) is reportedly considering an offer from the Miami Dolphins.

I thought the Dolphins were broke? Has Hartwell even been to Miami? So far I thought he'd only been here and to AZ and considering the trip to Seatle.
Gawd I hate the Dolphins....speaking of them.....I think Sammy Knight will be our next and likely last FA signing. Low impact.....perfect for the Chiefs d.

HolmeZz
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Miami is switching to a 3-4, although I don't know how they could afford Hartwell. But a LB Core of Taylor-Thomas-Hartwell-Seau would be sick.

brent102fire
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Here's to another year with Burntee getting torched. I bet Randy Moss and Jerry Porter can't wait until they play the Chiefs...hell, I guess any QB and Receiver can't wait...Burntee and the Chiefs _efense made many average players look like the best in the NFL. Way to go Carl... :loser:

kc rush
03-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Probably Dyson. I hope they trade for Surtain though, then trade down in the 1st so they have 2 first day picks.

Use the first pick on a CB since there seems to be depth there in the draft and we could probably get a decent one later in the first round. Use the second pick for the best defensive player available.

Mark M
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Miami is switching to a 3-4, although I don't know how they could afford Hartwell. But a LB Core of Taylor-Thomas-Hartwell-Seau would be sick.

That would explain it, then.

And, yes, that would be a pretty impressive LB corps.

MM
~~:eek:

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
The next Carlton Gray.

jspchief
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I really don't see us pursuing Dyson. You couldn't find a worse fit for Gunther. He's too small, and too weak.

Sammy Knight seems like a possibility, possibly Law. I imagine we've pulled our offer off the table for Hartwell

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I am still wishing for Hartwell but I doubtt that is an option know. I am still concerned with the LB corp so I am rooting for Simmons from Seattle as our next signing.

If Smoot is signed with Minnesota than none of the CBs left really do much for me. I dont want to give up a 2nd for Surtain(unless they trade down) and Law cant walk yet. After those 2 you have Dyson, Scott and Hill. I am afraid the Chiefs missed the boat on the CB market.

ROYC75
03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Miami has no offense Ed....Come to KC.

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 03:55 PM
We'll sign Law next.

It figures, after all the bullshit they spouted about the top players at each position having injury concerns we'd sign the guys w/ the most injury concerns... but are second and third options on the FA depth-chart.

Typical Chiefs FO moves.

Bell and Law, IF healthy, can make a significant impact. Both were playmakers when they weren't nursing nagging, long-term injuries.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 03:56 PM
It figures, after all the bullshit they spouted about the top players at each position having injury concerns we'd sign the guys w/ the most injury concerns... but are second and third options on the FA depth-chart. We didn't pay Bell like he's our third option, if the contract numbers I've heard are correct.

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
We didn't pay Bell like he's our third option, if the contract numbers I've heard are correct.

Again, typical of KC's FA moves: pay top dollar for the second or third best player on the market.

Bell, on most "expert's" lists = 3rd of the FA LBs (some have him 4th- behind Pierce, Hartwell, and Trotter). I had him 3rd behind Hartwell & Trotter in that order.

Same goes for Law. He ranks 5th on my CB chart, behind Rolle, Surtain, Smoot, and Lucas (in that order); primarily due to the fact that he can't even walk right now. If he can recover to 100%, then he ranks 3rd.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Again, typical of KC's FA moves: pay top dollar for the second or third best player on the market.

Bell, on most "expert's" lists = 3rd of the FA LBs (some have him 4th- behind Pierce, Hartwell, and Trotter). I had him 3rd behind Hartwell & Trotter in that order.He was 2nd on mine, in a dead-heat with Trotter. I wanted Hartwell. However, that said, I would acknowledge that a healthy Bell could be the best of the three. Either way, I don't think this is a case of spending top money on a second-tier talent, we're talking about a 26-year old former defensive rookie of the year and pro bowler. If he's healthy, he ain't a schmuck.

According to Rhonda Moss, we're still talking to Hartwell. Odd.Same goes for Law. He ranks 5th on my CB chart, behind Rolle, Surtain, Smoot, and Lucas (in that order); primarily due to the fact that he can't even walk right now. If he can recover to 100%, then he ranks 3rd.I'm wary of Law. I love the guy, but his age worries me more than his injuries. With all due respect (cough) to Quitlock, I could see him playing another year or two at corner then switching to safety.

Now, if he's healthy, we only need one year...

We'll see. I wouldn't have paid 13 million for Lucas and I don't like Smoot (glorified #2 IMO), but I do hate losing out on Rolle.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I imagine we've pulled our offer off the table for Hartwell
Why would we have done that?

alpha_omega
03-08-2005, 04:38 PM
What about Gaz?

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
He was 2nd on mine, in a dead-heat with Trotter. I wanted Hartwell. However, that said, I would acknowledge that a healthy Bell could be the best of the three. Either way, I don't think this is a case of spending top money on a second-tier talent, we're talking about a 26-year old former defensive rookie of the year and pro bowler. If he's healthy, he ain't a schmuck.

Agreed... if he can remain healthy (big if), then he should be the best LB we've had since Patton.

According to Rhonda Moss, we're still talking to Hartwell. Odd.
Actually, it makes sense. Bell is capable of playing either Sam or Mike backer. Hartwell has the same abilities... that would give us two solid pursuit LBs who can also stuff the run in the middle. I seriously doubt we'll also sign Hartwell, but if it were to happen, I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl (talk about MAJOR improvements to the LB corps).

I'm wary of Law. I love the guy, but his age worries me more than his injuries.
He's only one year older than Hasty wa when we acquired him. The injury is definitely what concerns me. Again if (another big if) he can return to 100%, he would be a major improvement - plus he'd bring leadership and an attitude that this putrid _efense has lacked.

I wouldn't have paid 13 million for Lucas and I don't like Smoot (glorified #2 IMO), but I do hate losing out on Rolle.
Missing on Rolle sucked... exascerbated by the outright LIES the FO spewed after the fact. :grr: Lucas, IMO, would have been a great addition. I think he is a solid corner... on par with Smoot.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
He's only one year older than Hasty wa when we acquired him. The injury is definitely what concerns me. Again if (another big if) he can return to 100%, he would be a major improvement - plus he'd bring leadership and an attitude that this putrid _efense has lacked.One year older in real age, but three years older in football years. 2005 will be his 11th season, Hasty's first year here was his 8th. You can accrue a lot of wear and tear in three NFL seasons.

But...If the 'window' really is closing, and we're really going for it, then this is the time when you take a shot on a player like Law. Lucas, IMO, would have been a great addition. I think he is a solid corner... on par with Smoot.I like Lucas, I just didn't like the contract he received. I think the Cowboys and the Panthers both overpaid, especially compared with what Rolle received. Smoot I don't want, although I'd live with it if he was the last available option. He's an upgrade over Bartee or McCleon; even I'm not hard-headed enough to refuse to see that. But I don't see him as a whole lot more than that. I don't think he's a #1 corner.

HC_Chief
03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Smoot I don't want, although I'd live with it if he was the last available option. He's an upgrade over Bartee or McCleon; even I'm not hard-headed enough to refuse to see that. But I don't see him as a whole lot more than that. I don't think he's a #1 corner.

Heh, totally... it's be like adding another Warfield :D
No worries anyway, as now he's a Viqueen.

Time to fork over the #2 for Surtain.