PDA

View Full Version : State Farm

Phobia
03-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Any local agents on ChiefsPlanet? We're getting ready to convert and I'd rather do business with a friend.

elvomito
03-08-2005, 04:58 PM
i'm not one, but i know a great one if nobody here is

Brock
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I did some time on the state farm about 20 years ago. The orange jumpsuit was itchy.

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Since I have been in the bus and still since I am in the Real Estate field I might be of use.

State Farm is a good company but American Family and American National are better.

I have another contact down in Harrisonville Stratford and Stratford.

Phobia
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Since I have been in the bus and still since I am in the Real Estate field I might be of use.

State Farm is a good company but American Family and American National are better.

State Farm wants $800 to insure my fleet for 6 months. American Family wants $1500 for 6 months. State Farm is a great company IMO.

Skip Towne
03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
It depends on what you are insuring which company is better. State Farm can't compete with Farm Bureau or Geico on auto insurance.

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
State Farm wants $800 to insure my fleet for 6 months. American Family wants $1500 for 6 months. State Farm is a great company IMO.

Is this for commercial?

Skip Towne
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Morphius' wife works for a State Farm agent in Kansas. I had a policy with her for awhile. (contractor liability)

NaptownChief
It depends on what you are insuring which company is better. State Farm can't compete with Farm Bureau or Geico on auto insurance.

I think that also depends on your record and your location....A friend of mine with a less than spotless driving record was able to save a bunch with Geico...I have a spotless record and State Farm is cheaper than Geico and Farm Bureau...I think it all varies.

KingPriest2

When I was a agent my company always beat Farm Bureau.

Phobia
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Is this for commercial?

No. I said "fleet" tongue in cheek.

|Zach|
03-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Phil, if you don't find any direct links here I could put you in touch with a friend of mine who is a State Farm agent I have known him for about 14 years. Really good guy, I grew up with his son. PM me if you are interested.

vailpass
03-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Rates are not the sole determining factor in what makes insurance "good".
When it comes to claim payment State Farm is far superior to K-Mart insurers such as Geico. Do the research, get the data. Cheap sure as hell doesn't mean better when it comes to insurance.

Iowanian
03-08-2005, 05:18 PM
State Farm can't get within $800 of Farm Bureau for me.

I wish I could find another Insurance co too, because some of FBs policies piss me off.

wutamess
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM

I switched from American Family to State Farm about 5-6 years ago.
Couldn't have made a better decision. Better rates all around.
Now, I refer State Farm to everyone when they ask for insurance advice. I currently have everything insured through them.

American Family does charge WAY more.

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Geico and some other cheap ins companies the reason why they are cheap because they only want to offer you the minimal ins coverage

Such as liability for example Missouri requirs you to have 25/50 normal coverage is 50/100 but you should have 100/300 This is one thing Geico does not tell you.

PHil try Stratford and Stratford, Liberty Mutual, and American National.

One thing with American Family if you have all you policies with them you do get a nice size discount basically cancelling out the premium of the home insurance.

American National has discounts as well.

Trust me Call these 3 places as well as State Farm.

Iowanian
03-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I also have another personal beef with SF.

In 96 I got in an accident with a StateFarm client.....they turned in front of me on a hwy and I broadsided them. My buddy and I got boogered up pretty good, and some of the 9!!! people in the van were hurt a little(broken face etc).

The Morning I got out of the hospital, StateFarm called threatening to sue ME!...trying to get me to say something stoopid and untrue on tape.

I got pretty screwed in the end because I was "tough" and didn't go get the therapy crap on my neck(stuck my head 4" into the windshield after hitting the steeringwheel with my face).

It was the first day out of college, and I lost my summer job.

I should have gotten the therapy so I would feel better today, and some Cash then. I'm not into that, but I had some coming.

Demonpenz
03-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Farmers, we put you back where you belong

Demonpenz
03-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I just passed my texas exam they only require 20/40/15

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Phil, if you don't find any direct links here I could put you in touch with a friend of mine who is a State Farm agent I have known him for about 14 years. Really good guy, I grew up with his son. PM me if you are interested.

You've known him since you were 5?:)

Saulbadguy
03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Farmers Friend. You just got to carry this chicken with you at ALL times, so you are on official "farm business".

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 05:55 PM
I've shopped for auto insurance from time to time but I haven't found anyone that can beat what I pay every 6 months to Alstate.

Ari Chi3fs
03-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Im a State Farm agent... send me the check for 8 Hundy and Ill get rolling on your acct.

Sincerely,

JOhn

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Im a State Farm agent... send me the check for 8 Hundy and Ill get rolling on your acct.

Sincerely,

JOhn

ROFL

Phobia
03-08-2005, 06:01 PM

Sincerely,

JOhn

That's very funny.

But, since that story broke on ChiefsPlanet, JOhn came through on the money he owed Greg. All is forgiven.

Iowanian
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I'm glad to hear that.

ROYC75
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I think that also depends on your record and your location....A friend of mine with a less than spotless driving record was able to save a bunch with Geico...I have a spotless record and State Farm is cheaper than Geico and Farm Bureau...I think it all varies.

Damn, is this a regional coverage ? State Farm here was higher than Geico , I have a spotless record, as does the wife, we have multiple cars ( 5 ) .

Phobia
03-08-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm glad to hear that.

Yeah - ditto. He drove it down personally last weekend or maybe the weekend before. I was impressed.

Iowanian
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm hoping there was a good reason.

If thats square...He's square with me if he comes back around.

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
That's very funny.

But, since that story broke on ChiefsPlanet, JOhn came through on the money he owed Greg. All is forgiven.

Cool! Now that is cleared up, maybe JOhn will come around from time to time.

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 06:15 PM
I just passed my texas exam they only require 20/40/15

yeah that is what they require but not recommended.

Rausch
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM

My dad was with state farm for 30+ years, home and auto. He got in two accidents and they dropped him. Now, his two accidents were both in the same month, which I would expect to raise some eyebrows, but with a 30 year history of no tickets or accidents?

That's just shady....

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Damn, is this a regional coverage ? State Farm here was higher than Geico , I have a spotless record, as does the wife, we have multiple cars ( 5 ) .

Check the liability and deductible. More then likely you are comaping apples to oranges.

Phobia
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
My dad was with state farm for 30+ years, home and auto. He got in two accidents and they dropped him. Now, his two accidents were both in the same month, which I would expect to raise some eyebrows, but with a 30 year history of no tickets or accidents?

That's just shady....

There's not an insurance company available who aren't a bunch of crooks. If it weren't required by law, I wouldn't even do business with them.

Saulbadguy
03-08-2005, 06:20 PM
There's not an insurance company availably who aren't a bunch of crooks. If it weren't required by law, I wouldn't even do business with them.
I second that. Its a ****in ripoff.

dtebbe
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I've had great luck with State Farm. I was with American Family for years, until we moved to Florida, where they didn't write. I switched to State Farm and 10 days later had an accident that was ruled my fault. My collision rates went up about 10%, but that's all. 14 years later and I shop rates every year and State Farm is easily 20% less than everyone else. I also get discounts because I have my house, and car insured with them. I also have a personal liability umbrella with them, again they were 20-30% less than everyone else.

I have found them excellent for small business insurance. I have my building insured with them, my business liability, my 401k fiduciary bond, and workers comp with them. Again, they were at least 20% less on all of them. Best of all I have an agent who always answers the phone when I call, which when you are as busy as I am is worth a lot.

They have been good on the couple of auto claims I've had, hit a dog that did $2500 damage to the front of my car (yes the dog was the size of a small deer), no problems, and also had one car get caught in a hail storm. I also had someone hit me at a stoplight last summer, and they were covered by State Farm. I will 2nd the notion that if you expect any "pain and suffering" settlement out of State Farm, then you had better go to the emergency room right after the accident, and do all follow up treatements. If there is any lapse, they will call your bluff, deserved or not. Hey, it's risk management and it's not much different than playing poker. You just have to keep in mind that your hand will need to beat thier hand when it is time to play.

DT