PDA

View Full Version : Key witness in Michael Jackson case admits lying

tk13
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I know Michael Jackson's a weirdo, but I wonder if he gets a bad rap sometimes just because he's weird and everybody just assumes he's a child molester and nobody would ever think of trying to take advantage of him.... so I think this is interesting. :)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20050308/ap_on_en_mu/michael_jackson_32

Brother of Jackson Accuser Admits Lying

1 hour, 17 minutes ago Top Stories - AP

By TIM MOLLOY, Associated Press Writer

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - A 14-year-old boy who testified that Michael Jackson (news) molested his brother acknowledged under cross-examination Tuesday that the pop star didn't show him a sex magazine that the prosecution had introduced into evidence. The witness also said he lied under oath in a separate civil lawsuit.

The teenager, who visited Jackson's Neverland ranch for the last time in March 2003, became confused after Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau showed him a copy of Barely Legal magazine dated August 2003. The boy had testified on Monday that the magazine was one of those that Jackson had showed to him and his brother.

Confronted with the conflicting dates, the boy said: "I never said it was exactly that one. That's not exactly the one he showed us."

He said he had looked at the magazine with District Attorney Tom Sneddon before it was presented as evidence.

Under further questioning by Mesereau, the boy also said he lied under oath in another case when he swore that his mother and father never fought and that his father never hit him.

"When you were asked if your dad ever hit you, you said 'never,'" said Mesereau. "Were you telling the truth?"

"No," said the boy, who is the only trial witness so far to testify that the molestation occurred.

Jackson's attorney also referred to a civil suit the boys' mother filed against a department store company over an encounter with security guards. The mother claimed she was sexually assaulted and the family was beaten by the store guards. The defense contends the suit shows the family has a history of filing false claims to get money.

"Did someone tell you to lie in the J.C. Penney case?" Mesereau asked.

"I don't remember," the boy said.

When Mesereau asked him to tell the jury why he lied under oath, the boy said: "I don't remember. It was five years ago. I don't remember nothing."

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy cancer survivor at his Neverland estate in 2003 and giving him alcohol. He also is accused of conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a damaging documentary in which Jackson said he allowed children to sleep in his bedroom.

The 14-year-old boy became a crucial prosecution witness Monday when he testified to actually seeing molestation, saying he twice walked into Jackson's bedroom and saw Jackson masturbating with one hand while the other was in his sleeping brother's underwear.

Mesereau asked the boy Tuesday about an alarm system in Jackson's house that alerts the singer when anyone is in the hall outside his bedroom.

"So the two times you claim you saw Michael Jackson touching your brother in bed, that alarm went off?" asked Mesereau.

"Yes," said the boy.

When the boy testified about the alleged molestation on Monday he did not mention any bell or alarm system and said his brother slept through both incidents, snoring at one point.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Michael is gonna get off....no pun intended.

I'm among the few that hasn't decided he's definately guilty yet too.

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2005, 04:37 PM
He made Thriller, man... Thriller.

chiefs4me
03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
He is a werido thats for sure, but I have had mixed feeelings about him being guilty since the first trial.:shrug:

splatbass
03-08-2005, 05:47 PM
He is a werido thats for sure, but I have had mixed feeelings about him being guilty since the first trial.:shrug:

I don't know either. He is definately guilty of bad judgement at a minimum. You would think after the first accusation 10 years ago he would be very careful not to put himself in a position where he was alone with underage boys. He is definately a freak. A child molester? I don't know.

siberian khatru
03-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I think he's probably a pedophile ... but I don't know if he diddled THIS kid.

If I were on the jury, so far, I'd probably vote to acquit.

Michael Michigan
03-08-2005, 05:52 PM
The teenager, who visited Jackson's Neverland ranch for the last time in March 2003, became confused after Jackson attorney Thomas Mesereau showed him a copy of Barely Legal magazine dated August 2003. The boy had testified on Monday that the magazine was one of those that Jackson had showed to him and his brother.

Confronted with the conflicting dates, the boy said: "I never said it was exactly that one. That's not exactly the one he showed us."

I think I saw that on Perry Mason.

Cochise
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I think he's definitely a sicko and pedophile but their case here seems incredibly weak.

Which is sad, because if he did it again in the future it would cast even more doubt on attempts to prosecute that.

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
He made Thriller, man... Thriller.
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I think I saw that on Perry Mason.Thank you very ****ing much. I've got the theme song bouncing aroung in my head now.

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Michael is gonna get off....no pun intended.

I'm among the few that hasn't decided he's definately guilty yet too.
I don't know if there is evidence, but if you already paid millions once, then you really shouldn't be sleeping in the same bed with little kids that aren't yours afterward.

Of course, Pimps for Parents are just as guilty, IMO.

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Thank you very ****ing much. I've got the theme song bouncing aroung in my head now.
How about Dragnet then?

Michael Michigan
03-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Thank you very ****ing much. I've got the theme song bouncing aroung in my head now.

All I can see is Perry Mason slapping an issue of "Barely Legal" down on the desk...

BIG_DADDY
03-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I think he's definitely a sicko and pedophile but their case here seems incredibly weak.

Which is sad, because if he did it again in the future it would cast even more doubt on attempts to prosecute that.

The first case was much better, we have a credibility issue here. I understand they have the kids fingerprints on one of the girlie mags that he claimed to have locked up. That damn bell he has that lets him know if anyone is approaching his bedroom when he has under age boys sleeping in his bed looks absolutely terrible. This guy is a carbon copy of a child molester when it comes to profiling. Jesus juice, good god. Other than the fact that they have those prints the only other concrete evidence they have is the previous kid. They are going to allow that evidence in this trial to show a pattern of behavior and he IS a credible. Will that be enough combined with all the other circumstantial evidence? I don't know I just wish they were prosecuting the first case. I don't know if he messed with these boys but I firmly believe he did with the other and he was looking to do it again. If they already gave a statement about his freaky lookin knob that isn't going to help him either.

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 07:11 PM

What first trial?

ROYC75
03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
What first trial?

Are you serious ? Either you don't recall or was too young to know it happened .

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Are you serious ? Either you don't recall or was too young to know it happened .

Are you talking about in 93 when he paid the victom off? I didn't think there was a trial.

Ultra Peanut
Did you guys hear about the woman who died because he got sick?

All I can see is Perry Mason slapping an issue of "Barely Legal" down on the desk...ROFL

KCWolfman
Are you talking about in 93 when he paid the victom off? I didn't think there was a trial.
There wasn't

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Did you guys hear about the woman who died because he got sick?

yep...When he supposadly had the "flu" he dances into the hospital and they try to move a grandmother on a ventalater so he could have the room.

OldTownChief
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
There wasn't

I didn't think so. I find it hard to believe that an innocent pedophile would pay $30,000,000 just to shut his victim up. I hope they rip his nuts off in prison and shove em down his freak throat.

Inspector
03-08-2005, 09:54 PM
All I can see is Perry Mason slapping an issue of "Barely Legal" down on the desk...

I was very sad when Perry suffered that accident that put him in that wheelchair.

Poor guy.....

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I was very sad when Perry suffered that accident that put him in that wheelchair.

Poor guy.....
He was healed later in his made for TV movies of the 80s

Inspector
03-08-2005, 09:57 PM
He was healed later in his made for TV movies of the 80s

Whew!

Thank God!

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Whew!

Thank God!
God didn't do it, Sherwood Schwartz did.

Straight, No Chaser
03-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Michael is a freak but it's starting to sound like the family who is trying to sue their way rich, one law suit at a time.

--->

jAZ
03-09-2005, 12:41 AM
(Michael) Jackson, 46...
Am I the only one who's a little weirded out just by the fact that Michael Jackson is almost 50? You can't tell a damn thing because that guy's face and his behavior are so freaky.