PDA

View Full Version : CP blames media for losing Rolle

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 05:23 PM
He said negotiations broke down once the "spine" info came out, then he said they had nothing to do with it and the media published private info which killed the deal.

??????

Telling the truth?

Covering his ass?

just replayed interview on 610, CP sounded pissed....

siberian khatru
CYA

keg in kc
I call bullshit. We had a chance to finish the deal Friday. He wasn't even going anywhere else. We didn't and he got away.

Phobia
03-08-2005, 05:24 PM
He's FOS.

nychief
where is this from?.... ****ing Vermiel was the one shooting his mouth off about "medical issues," control your own house Carl.

NaptownChief
If it were "private" information then how did the media find out about it? I'm sure Rolle and his agent certainly weren't the ones leaking that to the media.

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Rolle was in KC for several days before that story broke. In fact, I didn't read about the spine problems until saturday or sunday.

He's spinning to save face.

Tribal Warfare
Phuck Carl Peterson

KILLER_CLOWN
Man you could tell he was PISSED during that interview today, and yes he is Covering his inflated arse.

Phobia
He's such a punk bitch. What's worse is that people will believe him.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:26 PM
My conspiracy theory is that we realized on Sunday that we were going to lose him to Baltimore so we 'leaked' the information so we'd have a 'justification' for the way we (mis)handled the negotiations.

Chief Henry
BULL PHUCKING SHIT....

Like I've said B4. Carl Peterson can KISS My Lilly
White AZZ. The SOB is covering his azz and he knows he phucked up. By the way, how bad did the Saints beat Peterson's Chiefs?

NaptownChief
I've never seen anyone be so bad at a high profile job and keep it without being the owners child.

siberian khatru
Man you could tell he was PISSED during that interview today, and yes he is Covering his inflated arse.

He must've seen the online petition.

HC_Chief
Only the ignorant ones.

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 05:28 PM
It is amazing when you think about it: we were this --- close to having Rolle and Bell.

And CP blew it. I mean BLEW IT.

NaptownChief
Only the ignorant ones.

Boy, you really teed that one up for the Faider/Donkey fans....

HC_Chief
Boy, you really teed that one up for the Faider/Donkey fans....

Like anyone gives a shit what those phucktards have to say :D

siberian khatru
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM

Only the ones who live in trailer parks and listen to Art Bell.

Seriously, I had the opposite reaction: I thought it was a pathetic ruse by Carl precisely because he's got zero credibility with the fan base. No one will buy it.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
And CP blew it. I mean BLEW IT.He might have, but we still have the opportunity to get Law or Surtain. If we don't get one of them, then he really has blown it.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Only the ones who live in trailer parks and listen to Art Bell.Hey now, I listen to art bell.

Make it, "only the ones who live in trailer parks and listen to rush, hannity and savage" and I'll agree.

siberian khatru
03-08-2005, 05:30 PM
He might have, but we still have the opportunity to get Law or Surtain. If we don't get one of them, then he really has blown it.

I agree. I'm not mad because we lost Rolle (although I would've loved to have him). I'm mad at the WAY we lost him. We can still get a good corner.

siberian khatru
03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey now, I listen to art bell.

Actually, I do too, as I lie in bed falling asleep. I just don't take him seriously. He's good radio, though.

the Talking Can
He might have, but we still have the opportunity to get Law or Surtain. If we don't get one of them, then he really has blown it.

You're right, he may scramble and cover his ass.

But that doesn't change the fact that he blew it with their #1 priority.

tk13
Well, I could definitely 100% believe somebody in the media got hold of that info and ran a sensational story about it.... I don't think that's really far fetched at all, look at how the media jumped prematurely over Trotter signing with us among other things... it's highly possible. There is a lot of pride taken in being the first to run with a story. That said, it'd been a little more believable if Carl had come right out and said that instead of waiting for somebody else to sign him before refuting all this stuff, it's looks a lot more like he's covering his ass. Carl, media, players, and agents, they're all looking out for number 1, I wouldn't consider any of them particularly trustworthy over the others.

keg in kc
That he did. All I'm saying is that it's a mistake he can recover from.

Thig Lyfe
03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
He's been blowing it for 16 years now...

Pants
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Umm, yeah. The story came out AFTER Rolle was already in Baltimore, did it not? So, wouldn't that mean that media DIDN'T blow it, seeing that Rolle wasn't even considering KC when the article came out?

nychief
03-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Vermeil was the one that started all the specualtion on Friday afternoon. ****ing Geezer is honest to a fault sometime.... Lamar is a tight ass that is the long and short of it... CP's Legacy is sealed - on his gravestone it will read "Never Lost.... (MONEY)"

Bowser
03-08-2005, 05:35 PM
He's full of shit. He's playing that up to suck up publicly to Vermeil and Cunningham for pissing down his leg when he had the chance to have Kendrell Bell AND Samari Rolle.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 05:36 PM

considering we have pretty strong need for a talented young WR that can mold into a #1 WR type and probably have a good chance of getting one in the second round says that he stilled screwed it up if we get Surtain for a 2nd rounder...

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
considering we have pretty strong need for a talented young WR that can mold into a #1 WR type and probably have a good chance of getting one in the second round says that he stilled screwed it up if we get Surtain for a 2nd rounder...

good point, CP may have cost us a 2nd....awesome

blackhawk
03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
carl will be on the after noon blitz with john riggins and adam schein on sirius satillite radio next week give them a call or send a email.for the people that don't live in ktown!

Pants
03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Hahah, can you see CP overpaying Bell just to sign as quikcly as he could to calm all us motherf*ckers down? Power of the fans and media...

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
considering we have pretty strong need for a talented young WR that can mold into a #1 WR type and probably have a good chance of getting one in the second round says that he stilled screwed it up if we get Surtain for a 2nd rounder...I'm not saying we didn't screw up with Rolle. He was our #1 target (I think), we had the opportunity to sign him with no competition and we didn't. That's a f*ck up any way you slice it.

I think it's more likely we either sign Law or sign noone than trade our '05 #2 for Surtain. Now, if we can convince them to take an '06 #2 as part of a package, that's something else. But, what really bothers me now is that I think there's a possibility that we don't sign anyone at corner. I think it's a total recipe for disaster if we don't add at least one *good* veteran corner. I believe we need a leader in the secondary every bit as much as we needed one at LB.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Hahah, can you see CP overpaying Bell just to sign as quikcly as he could to calm all us motherf*ckers down? Power of the fans and media...

Yep the best thing that happened for Bell and his agent to gain leverage was for that Rolle disaster to play out in the media like it did...Numbnutts had to get a deal done with a "name" player quick or he might have ended up being hanged from the court house.

BigChiefFan
03-08-2005, 05:43 PM
We screwed up with Rolle, however if we can land Surtain that will go along way in restoring some faith in my book. I just really believe that a VETERAN CB is a necessity, especially considering Warfield might not be on the field for a few games. We can't go into next season relying on either Bartee, McCleon, Battle, or rookie as our starters. Missing out on Rolle really stings.

Pants
03-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm not saying we didn't screw up with Rolle. He was our #1 target (I think), we had the opportunity to sign him with no competition and we didn't. That's a f*ck up any way you slice it.

I think it's more likely we either sign Law or sign noone than trade our '05 #2 for Surtain. Now, if we can convince them to take an '06 #2 as part of a package, that's something else. But, what really bothers me now is that I think there's a possibility that we don't sign anyone at corner. I think it's a total recipe for disaster if we don't add at least one *good* veteran corner. I believe we need a leader in the secondary every bit as much as we needed one at LB.

Can you say "Ty Law"? Once again the Chiefs sign a burned out has-been for millions of dollars!

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I think it's a total recipe for disaster if we don't add at least one *good* veteran corner. I believe we need a leader in the secondary every bit as much as we needed one at LB.

I would agree...The only way that doesn't blow up into another disaster is if they get lucky and a Carlos Rogers, A.Rolle, Pacman Jones type a pick steps in right away and plays beyond their years.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Can you say "Ty Law"? Once again the Chiefs sign a burned out has-been for millions of dollars!I don't know that I'd go so far as to call Law a burned-out has-been. He might be. Then again...

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't care if it was the media's fault, Peterson needs to ignore them and act as they don't exist.

It still isn't an excuse. Move on and sign someone else to help us, don't play victim and set up the media to continue to attack.

keg in kc
03-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I would agree...The only way that doesn't blow up into another disaster is if they get lucky and a Carlos Rogers, A.Rolle, Pacman Jones type a pick steps in right away and plays beyond their years.I think we need that plus the vet I mentioned.

Scary when you stop to think about it.

NaptownChief
03-08-2005, 05:48 PM
We screwed up with Rolle, however if we can land Surtain that will go along way in restoring some faith in my book.

It would certainly make the team better quicker but it would remind me every time I looked at Surtain that we lost a high draft pick only because of our completely inept general manager.

Surtain is a good player and wouldn't be horrible value by any means for a 2nd rounder but the point is it would be giving a way a high draft pick that had absolutely no business being given away....All his dumbass had to do was get Rolle's signature on paper when he was by all accounts really wanting to be here.

Michael Michigan
03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
CP blames media for losing Rolle

Shouldn't Rufus Dawes handle this?

BigChiefFan
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
It would certainly make the team better quicker but it would remind me every time I looked at Surtain that we lost a high draft pick only because of our completely inept general manager.

Surtain is a good player and wouldn't be horrible value by any means for a 2nd rounder but the point is it would be giving a way a high draft pick that had absolutely no business being given away....All his dumbass had to do was get Rolle's signature on paper when he was by all accounts really wanting to be here.
I know man, I was ****ing ballistic yesterday, we had him all but wrapped up and we pissed down our leg, but since we lost him, I'm looking to the next alternative.
I like Ty Law, but his injury and age scare the Hell out of me. I've heard Surtain has some knee issues, but who doesn't in football? Surtain is at the top of his game and automatically makes Warfield number two. That's worth a 2nd rounder in my book everytime. I'd even consider trading down in the first and land another 2nd rounder and get Blackstock and a Carlos Rogers/Marlin Jackson type with our first two picks.

Ralphy Boy
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Listening to 610 right now and they are going off on Carl about him being full of crap.

Sounds like Bell is a 1st & 2nd down guy only, at least in a 3-4, hopefully he'll be a 3 down guy here.

tomahawk kid
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Sounds like Hartwell is still a strong possibility as well......

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Sounds like Hartwell is still a strong possibility as well......
Yup, oh, you need to change the title on your avatar, unless you are a Minnesota fan.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Well, I could definitely 100% believe somebody in the media got hold of that info and ran a sensational story about it.... I don't think that's really far fetched at all, look at how the media jumped prematurely over Trotter signing with us among other things... it's highly possible. There is a lot of pride taken in being the first to run with a story. That said, it'd been a little more believable if Carl had come right out and said that instead of waiting for somebody else to sign him before refuting all this stuff, it's looks a lot more like he's covering his ass. Carl, media, players, and agents, they're all looking out for number 1, I wouldn't consider any of them particularly trustworthy over the others.
oh my friggin' gawd ... :shake:

you must be gay ... seriously, with as much carl cock as you gobble there's no why you can't be.

time to come out of that closet, for real

KevB
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Carl's excuse is one of the more absurd things I've heard from someone in his position. He's basically saying that he hadn't developed a relationship with Rolle and his agent that could withstand an erroneous newspaper report, and it was enough to tear down two days of negotiations in the millons of dollars? He really must think Chiefs fans are complete idiots. He's insulting our intelligence.

Not to mention the timing of the report. Carl says the report prompted Rolle to go to Baltimore. Rolle says he visited Baltimore on Friday. Well hell, the spinal injury story didn't come out until Monday. On Saturday, DV hinted there was a medical concern, but didn't elaborate. His story is sh!t, and it's pathetic.

Just shoot the fans straight and say his demands didn't jive with what the Chiefs wanted to pay. The fans wouldn't be happy, but at least you wouldn't be lying to them.

tk13
03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
oh my friggin' gawd ... :shake:

you must be gay ... seriously, with as much carl cock as you gobble there's no why you can't be.

time to come out of that closet, for real

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/102/1226/640/gay_pride.jpg

ROFL What? I said I think Carl is covering his ass. It's fun to piss you off though.

That said in all honesty, the media has never run with a non-factual story? Is that what you're saying? I don't think anything in that was referring to kissing Carl's ass. Just taking all possibilities into view. That's what I do, I like to make people think.

You are such a woman, bitch bitch bitch... I don't even like Carl Peterson all that much, I think he'd sell his mother down the street if he could turn a profit. You just have this black/white view of the world, it's impossible to discuss things with you because you only see things from your depressed point of view. I'm tired of your whiny ass complaining about everything I say though. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

whoman69
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Is he looking for a job with the White House after he is done here? Spin, baby, spin. Take some responsibility and look in the mirror.

siberian khatru
03-08-2005, 06:45 PM
ROFL What? I said I think Carl is covering his ass. It's fun to piss you off though.

That said in all honesty, the media has never run with a non-factual story? Is that what you're saying? I don't think anything in that was referring to kissing Carl's ass. Just taking all possibilities into view. That's what I do, I like to make people think.

You are such a woman, bitch bitch bitch... I don't even like Carl Peterson all that much, I think he'd sell his mother down the street if he could turn a profit. You just have this black/white view of the world, it's impossible to discuss things with you because you only see things from your depressed point of view. I'm tired of your whiny ass complaining about everything I say though. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

That's a really good post.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that you are, indeed, gay. NTTAWWT.

Pants
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
That's a really good post.

Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that you are, indeed, gay. NTTAWWT.

ROFL

Logical
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I know man, I was ****ing ballistic yesterday, we had him all but wrapped up and we pissed down our leg, but since we lost him, I'm looking to the next alternative.
I like Ty Law, but his injury and age scare the Hell out of me. I've heard Surtain has some knee issues, but who doesn't in football? Surtain is at the top of his game and automatically makes Warfield number two. That's worth a 2nd rounder in my book everytime. I'd even consider trading down in the first and land another 2nd rounder and get Blackstock and a Carlos Rogers/Marlin Jackson type with our first two picks.

If you consult your trade value chart, you will see you cannot get a #2 round pick for trading down in the first round from 15.

penchief
03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
There's probably a little truth to both theories, IMO.

It is likely that Peterson was engaged in very intense negotiation and the story was probably not helpful to a successful conclusion.

But, if Carl had shown more love up front the story would not have been a contributing factor, IMO. However, if Rolle and his agent said that the story pissed them off, who are we to question them? Maybe it did make a difference.

Even so, maybe the story WAS floated by the front office as a negotiating ploy. But it would seem odd for someone with the supersized ego of Carl Peterson to make such a blatant accusation when his reputation is ultimately on the line.

milkman
03-08-2005, 07:28 PM
If you consult your trade value chart, you will see you cannot get a #2 round pick for trading down in the first round from 15.

How about a 3rd round pick?
I don't have that chart readily available.

Don't trade a pick for Surtain.
Go out and sign Andre Dyson.

Bwana
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM
I call Bullshit. What a nad.

milkman
03-08-2005, 07:31 PM

It is likely that Peterson was engaged in very intense negotiation and the story was probably not helpful to a successful conclusion.

But, if Carl had shown more love up front the story would not have been a contributing factor, IMO. However, if Rolle and his agent said that the story pissed them off, who are we to question them? Maybe it did make a difference.

Even so, maybe the story WAS floated by the front office as a negotiating ploy. But it would seem odd for someone with the supersized ego of Carl Peterson to make such a blatant accusation when his reputation is ultimately on the line.

Yes, he does have a supersized ego, but he is, and always has been a lying sack of shit who would definitely float this story, just so that he would have a ready to order excuse for failing.

Logical
03-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I saw Rolle's press conference when he was being introduced as a Raven. I guarantee he was pissed about the condition (it is not even injury related) being an issue.

Logical
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM

Go out and sign Andre Dyson. Yes if you move down to the bottom of the round.

penchief
03-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Go out and sign Andre Dyson.

Sign Dyson and trade for Surtain. Surtain is better than a crapshoot in the second round. Move Warfield to safety. If true corners can be successfully moved to safety in their twilight years why can't true safeties that have been trained to be decent corners be converted back to their original position, but with better cover skills?

By the way, for the past two years I have advocated moving Bartee to safety, as well. Right now, I believe we have all the safeties we need. Between Warfield, Bartee, Battle, Wesley, Harts, and Woods, I think we have enough talent at that position.

shaneo69
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Does anyone remember Martin Short's character "Nathan Thurm" on SNL?

http://snl.jt.org/char.php?i=434

I swear to God these quotes from Carl were straight from Short's SNL character....

Q: Were you willing to continue negotiating with (Rolle) based on the reports about his spine?

PETERSON: “What do you know about his spine?”

Q: That they said it was a narrowing of the spine?

PETERSON: “Who are they?”

Q: It was in the Kansas City Star.

PETERSON: “Did you ever hear our doctors or anybody from the Kansas City Chiefs say that?”

In the SNL skit, Short played a lawyer defending the tobacco companies and whenever the interviewer would ask him about the harm of smoking, Short's character would deny that it was harmful and ask the interviewer where they heard it was harmful. One of the funniest skits I remember from back in those days. But Carl Peterson plays the part to a "T".

patteeu
03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
There are only two possible sources for this leak IMO. It doesn't make any sense that Rolle or his people would leak it since it might impact his payday. Either the Chiefs leaked it intentionally or someone like kcnut's info guy leaked it without authorization. I suppose a third possibility is that someone from Rolle's side who wanted to hurt him could have done it, but that's pretty hard to believe.

I don't see it as any big deal though. I doubt that it had anything to do with the Chiefs missing on Rolle.

patteeu
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Actually, I do too, as I lie in bed falling asleep. I just don't take him seriously. He's good radio, though.

I used to do that too. Something about his voice helped me fall asleep.

milkman
03-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Sign Dyson and trade for Surtain. Surtain is better than a crapshoot in the second round. Move Warfield to safety. If true corners can be successfully moved to safety in their twilight years why can't true safeties that have been trained to be decent corners be converted back to their original position, but with better cover skills?

By the way, for the past two years I have advocated moving Bartee to safety, as well. Right now, I believe we have all the safeties we need. Between Warfield, Bartee, Battle, Wesley, Harts, and Woods, I think we have enough talent at that position.

I'd rather sign Dyson, and sign Hartwell, and leave Warfield at corner.

Bell can play outside.
He has the speed, and might have a better chance at staying healthy if he doesn't get caught up with all the traffic in the middle.

BigRedChief
03-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I call BS too.

DaWolf
03-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Carl is most likely covering his ass but it is possible that this info came out from some mid level paper pusher within the organization who is one of the "sources" for the inside info to the media. Now if this was the case and it cost us the deal then he needs to find the leak and heads should roll in that front office. But the bottom line is that Carl is the captain of the ship and basically there's no excuse. Now stop crying about it and get something done with Law or Surtain...

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 05:28 AM
Carl is most likely covering his ass but it is possible that this info came out from some mid level paper pusher within the organization who is one of the "sources" for the inside info to the media. Now if this was the case and it cost us the deal then he needs to find the leak and heads should roll in that front office. But the bottom line is that Carl is the captain of the ship and basically there's no excuse. Now stop crying about it and get something done with Law or Surtain...

You pretty much summed up how I feel.

bkkcoh
03-09-2005, 06:23 AM
I call BS too.
:BS:

Bob Dole
03-09-2005, 06:43 AM

Why are you always pointing the finger at other people? Why don't you try pointing your finger at yourself? Hmmmm?

Gaz
03-09-2005, 06:46 AM
I'd rather sign Dyson, and sign Hartwell, and leave Warfield at corner...

Preach it, brother.

xoxo~
Gaz
Shares the same thoughts.

ROYC75
03-09-2005, 06:48 AM

Bell can play outside.
He has the speed, and might have a better chance at staying healthy if he doesn't get caught up with all the traffic in the middle.

Agreed, giving up on Hartwell is wrong, I don't trust Bell staying healthy in the middle.

penchief
03-09-2005, 06:53 AM

Bell can play outside.

I agree with you.

But with all of the talk about how much cheaper Dyson would come the thought of adding Hartwell and Dyson, then being able to negotiate a cap friendly deal in a trade for Surtain sounds like real progress. I realize how unlikely a scenario like that is but we can always dream about adding two linebackers and two corners prior to the draft, can't we?

I'm sure Dyson wouldn't come that cheap, though.

CrazyHorse
03-09-2005, 06:58 AM
I believe it is entirely possible that it's the truth. I believe it's possible that it's bull as well.

The facts as I know them are that Vermiel came out after the physical stating that Rolle had a health issue that wasn't his knee. I think it is likely that is all that was needed to encourage the media to look for what else it could be. Rolle said it was a condition from birth. So it is likely that the Chiefs weren't the only source that the spine condition could have come from. I also feel like it is likely that the spine condition was the issue that the Chiefs intimated as thier concern as pertaining to the injury Vermiel spoke about. However, it has been stated, the Chiefs were still in negotiations with Rolle.

Why would Peterson float a rumor after he had been told that Rolle was signing with the Ravens? If Peterson wanted an excuse as to why the Chiefs didn't sign Rolle, all he had to say was that Rolle was guaranteed 12 million in the 1st year. That's all that need be said. We had no chance at signing under those circumstances.

To use the spine condition as a negotiating tool would not be effective unless Rolle and his agent had heard about it from CP 1st. There was no benefit to leak it to the press. After all, at that point Rolle wasn't talking to anyone else.

So I am leaning toward the press being the villian here. But I blame Vermiel for providing the loose thread that would unravel the negotiatons with Rolle.

bkkcoh
03-09-2005, 07:01 AM

http://snl.jt.org/char.php?i=434

http://snl.jt.org/arc/char/MaSh-Nathan%20Thurm.jpg

tomahawk kid
03-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Fescoe was about ready to tell the "other side" of the story this morning on 810. He had supposedly spoken to Rolle's agent yesterday.

I didn't get to hear it before I arrived at work.

Anyone catch what he said?

AirForceChief
03-09-2005, 07:23 AM
http://snl.jt.org/arc/char/MaSh-Nathan%20Thurm.jpg

Media: Mr. Peterson, care to speculate as to the source of the medical information that was leaked to the media?

CP: No, there was no leak, as far as we're concerned, that can be linked to our organization.

Media: Linked?

CP: I didn't say linked...you did.

Media: No, Sir, you commented on the link...arn't you being a bit defensive?

CP: Defensive, that's funny YOU should say that! [Look to camera.] Defensive, I'm not defensive, he's being defensive, isn't he? That's just so funny, that you'd say that...

gblowfish
03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
At least Samari Rolle HAS a spine...

Dr. Van Halen
03-09-2005, 07:52 AM
I think we in KC are just used to the half-arsed crap reporting that Adam Teicher does, so it never even occurs to us that a real reporter might actually do a little investigating and learn something not emailed to him in a press release.

I think it very likely that some aspiring young reporter spurned the usual bottle of bourbon and carton of Lucky Strikes for the morning and made a few phone calls to find out about Rolle's health issues.

Peterson is right to be pissed, but he's a goon to go public with it.

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 08:42 AM

I agree.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I think we in KC are just used to the half-arsed crap reporting that Adam Teicher does, so it never even occurs to us that a real reporter might actually do a little investigating and learn something not emailed to him in a press release.

I think it very likely that some aspiring young reporter spurned the usual bottle of bourbon and carton of Lucky Strikes for the morning and made a few phone calls to find out about Rolle's health issues.

The only person f*ckface should be pissed at is himself - for not getting the deal done. Blaming it on the media is a chickeshit excuse.

Phobia
03-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Only the ignorant ones.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=23524