PDA

View Full Version : So, after signing #1

redsurfer11
03-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Is the Chiefs defense better today, than last year?

ChiefsFire
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
we helluva lot better gettin rid of Holliday

David.
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Is the Chiefs defense better today, than last year?

uhhhh are you joking?

PastorMikH
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
This D is so bad that if 4-5 guys walked away with no one to replace them it would improve. So yeah, I think it might be a tad better. We still have a long ways to go to get back to the D we used to see in Arrowhead.

ChiefsFire
03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
This D is so bad that if 4-5 guys walked away with no one to replace them it would improve. So yeah, I think it might be a tad better. We still have a long ways to go to get back to the D we used to see in Arrowhead.
we will never see that again :shake:

WebGem
03-08-2005, 09:08 PM
The defense still reeks of shit.

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
The defense still reeks of shit.
Outside of Allen, Warfield, Dalton, and Wesley would any of the other starters have a chance to start anywhere else? I doubt it.

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
We have a stud in the middle like we haven't had in many, many years...I mean one-of-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-league type stud.

I get more and more excited about this signing as time passes. Grab a corner and we are looking at real improvement.

Regardless we won't see Bell bouncing off of runners next year, or tackling blockers, or any of that stupid shit.

Rausch
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Outside of Allen, Warfield, Dalton, and Wesley would any of the other starters have a chance to start anywhere else? I doubt it.

Reminding me, has anything happened with Peterson (49er LB?)

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
We have a stud in the middle like we haven't had in many, many years...I mean one-of-the-hardest-hitters-in-the-league type stud.

I get more and more excited about this signing as time passes. Grab a corner and we are looking at real improvement.

Regardless we won't see Bell bouncing off of runners next year, or tackling blockers, or any of that stupid shit.

I am excited too. He is a monster in the middle. This gives the Chiefs their best MLB since I started being a fan in 1988. If he was healthy last year he might have been the best FA available this year.

Gravedigger
03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
The defense is a little bit better cause that spot was a problem for us this past season with run stopping and middle field passes. Now we just have to get a cornerback to defend the deep pass and a safety and it'll be ten times better. But look out for the man of the hour Jared Allen next year that boy can play.

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Reminding me, has anything happened with Peterson (49er LB?)

Ive heard nothing more than that the Chiefs talked to Poston about it. He would be nice to have. OLB is still a blackhole but I am happy MLB isnt anymore.

the Talking Can
03-08-2005, 09:18 PM
we might be able to pick up an OLB if we're patient..Simmons from Seattle would be an upgrade atthe right price

Redcoats58
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Did we dump Maz? I would assume we probably are gonna dump him if we haven't. If he gets dropped how much money would that shore up?

jcroft
03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Our defense is better today than at the end of the season, but no where near where it needs to be to make a playoff run.

irishjayhawk
03-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Did we dump Maz? I would assume we probably are gonna dump him if we haven't. If he gets dropped how much money would that shore up?
Probably either a backup or we'll cut him after June 1.

Atleast thats my thought.

Chris Meck
03-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes it's better, but not good enough yet.

IMO.

Chris

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 06:35 AM
we might be able to pick up an OLB if we're patient..Simmons from Seattle would be an upgrade atthe right price

Simmons is a quality player.