PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law and Plaxico Burress...

jAZ
03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
After signing Bell, I think Law and Buress should be our next 2 targets in FA. I want to hold on to our #1 and #2 picks, and I would love the chance to draft one of the Top LeftTackles's in the draft in either the 1st or 2nd rounds.

I think that Plaxico could be a monster on this team with this offense and with Saunders guiding his development. Al is one of the best WR coaches in the league. I'd love to see what he could do with Plaxico.

I can't read the future, but I have this feeling that whoever get's Ty Law will be getting the steal of the offseason.

beer bacon
03-08-2005, 09:59 PM
If we sign Law and we still money you know what we should do with it? Sign another defensive free agent. No offensive free agents.

Woodrow Call
03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
I would love to get Burress on the cheap but there are just to many holes on defense right now. If those holes had been addressed the last 2 years then the Chiefs would have the luxury to gamble on Burress.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
jAZ, I have been pimping that for awhile and I keep getting shot down.

jAZ
03-08-2005, 10:04 PM
If we sign Law and we still money you know what we should do with it? Sign another defensive free agent. No offensive free agents.
My understanding is that we can (are trying) to sign 3 big $ FA's and maybe one more lower tier guy.

If that's accurate, I'm ok with making one of the 3 Big $ FA's a WR. As long as the other two (Bell, Law) and the 2nd tier guy are D.

We still have our high-ish 1st round pick (Antrel Rolle?) to go defense and our 2nd to go Left Tackle if it makes sense. If we do go with 3 Defense FA's then I want one of our first 2 picks to be a WR.

Delano
03-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm thinking a NFC team will pull in Burress' talents. There is no way we can compete with the money Minnesota can throw at Plaxico.

CosmicPal
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
I'd settle for Ty Law, but no way would I want Burress. He'd never be happy in KC. He wants the ball on every play. In KC's complex offensive playbook- he wouldn't see the ball enough to make him happy, and he'd end up becoming the locker room cancer that he already is.

The Bad Guy
03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I really, really want Law. Burress I'm not sure of.

The Chiefs should get Law, Knight and Bell and draft either a DE or a WR with the first pick.

I'm of the thinking that we score points in spite of our receivers. We need an upgrade, but all the defensive upgrades should be in place first.

KCWolfman
03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
OLB, CB, then offense.

Agreed.

Demonpenz
03-08-2005, 10:09 PM
OLB, CB, then offense.

Agreed.

The chiefs don't have that money to spend. They are just going to hang their hats on bell, then when he gets hurt they will say oh well we tried

RINGLEADER
03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Yea on Law, nay on Burress.

We need help on defense more than another receiver with less than 50 catches last year.

At this point, with Smoot gone, it looks like Law is the last option for the Chiefs, unless we fork over a second for Surtain...

Wallcrawler
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
FORGET Plaxico Burress.

Forget him. Let it go.

Plaxico Burress was on a 15-1 football team and he was bitching and moaning about not catching enough passes.

Plaxico is all about being the number one guy, and catching 8-10 passes per game. With Tony Gonzalez on the team, Plaxico will not be the number one guy, and very quickly he will become a malcontent just as he was in Pittsburgh.

Most players dont mind not catching any passes as long as their team wins the game. Plaxico isnt. It doesnt matter if he is double covered, triple covered, he wants the football all the time. He's not about going out and drawing coverage so that Tony can get open, or throwing key blocks on the outside for Priest and Larry Johnson.

Plaxico is about catching passes, period.

When youre on a team that wins 15 games in the regular season and youre not happy, something is very, very wrong.

Screw Burress. We need Defense.

Chris Meck
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
We're a HORRIBLE fit for Burress. He'd hate it here.

HemiEd
03-09-2005, 05:05 AM

The Chiefs should get Law, Knight and Bell and draft either a DE or a WR with the first pick.

I'm of the thinking that we score points in spite of our receivers. We need an upgrade, but all the defensive upgrades should be in place first.

Nice Post, how about the w/r that came out too early from USC?

Herzig
03-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Nice Post, how about the w/r that came out too early from USC?

Mike Williams? He will be gone way before 15. Sorry

HemiEd
03-09-2005, 05:24 AM
Mike Williams? He will be gone way before 15. Sorry

Just dreaming I guess. Who will take him? I have not seen any mocks with him going ahead of us but I do not look at that many.

Cochise
03-09-2005, 05:25 AM
We need a #1 corner and another LB before I would be comfortable going offense.

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 05:34 AM

I'd be happy with Law, Knight, and Bell.

Troy1220
03-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Plaxico will be a Minnesota Viking. He's been working out with Culpepper the past few days. They are replacing one headcase with another.

Troy

ROYC75
03-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Plaxico will be a Minnesota Viking. He's been working out with Culpepper the past few days. They are replacing one headcase with another.

Troy

FWIW...... I agree, he ends up in Minny.

jAZ
03-09-2005, 07:17 AM
I suspect he will do quite well if he ends up there or KC. If he goes to the Giants, he won't do nearly as well this season.

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
He's headed back to NY to meat with the Giants today. Seeing as they made an offer last week and no one else has including Minn. I bet he's going there to sign a deal.

InChiefsHell
03-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Is there something totally wrong with Samie Parker? Boe? Kennison? Wilson? Why the hell do some of you have this reciever boner going on? We got plenty of playmakers on this O, I don't think we need to be sweating it for now. Later in the draft, sure, but our 1 and 2 have to be some D that we can use NOW!

Frankie
03-09-2005, 08:27 AM
I can't read the future, but I have this feeling that whoever get's Ty Law will be getting the steal of the offseason.
Funny, that's been my persistant gut feeling too, through out this FA season. :thumb:

Cochise
03-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Is there something totally wrong with Samie Parker? Boe? Kennison? Wilson? Why the hell do some of you have this reciever boner going on? We got plenty of playmakers on this O, I don't think we need to be sweating it for now. Later in the draft, sure, but our 1 and 2 have to be some D that we can use NOW!

Parker has only played a couple of games, and not a posession type.
Boerigter is Sylvester Morries the sequel
Kennison is old and not a true #1 in the NFL
Kris Wilson is a TE.

Gaz
03-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Ty Law and Plaxico Burress...

BUZZ

Alex: Yes, Gaz?

Gaz: Guys the Chiefs don’t want.

Alex: In the form of a question, please, Gaz.

Gaz: Oh yeah…Who are two players the Chiefs do not want on the roster?

Alex: That is correct. Please select the next category.

xoxo~
Gaz
On his way to a couple million bucks with easy questions like that.

PastorMikH
03-09-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm all for Burress as well if we have some $ left after signing a couple more D players. I'd like to see a CB then either another LB or DB before looking at Burress. Burress adds the one dimension to our O that it lacks - a playmaker at WR.

Frankie
03-09-2005, 08:37 AM

Good post. With Parker's budding potential and Boe and Wilson coming back, we should be able to go another season without improving our receiving. Shoring up the 'D' should remain the theme of this off-season. If we use any high pick in the draft on 'O,' (I agree with JAZ) it should be for Roaf's eventual replacement.

Hoover
03-09-2005, 08:50 AM
2 free agents on Defense thats what we have to have. A LB and a CB. I really starting to think if Surtain would do a long term deal with us we should now give up the 2nd round pick for him. Then use the rest of the FA cash on a LB like Simmons

ChiefsOne
03-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Ty Law and Plaxico Burress...

BUZZ

Alex: Yes, Gaz?

Gaz: Guys the Chiefs don’t want.

Alex: In the form of a question, please, Gaz.

Gaz: Oh yeah…Who are two players the Chiefs do not want on the roster?

Alex: That is correct. Please select the next category.

xoxo~
Gaz
On his way to a couple million bucks with easy questions like that.

Gaz you are such a dork! But, a very clever and intellegent one. Always a fun read.

Brock
03-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Is there something totally wrong with Samie Parker? Boe? Kennison? Wilson?

Yes. One is a gimp, another has a fumbling problem, and the rest haven't done squat yet.

Chiefnj
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Burress wigged out yesterday and cancelled his meeting with the NYG because "he wasn't feeling well."

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
NFL | Burress May Seek One-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:37:02 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports free agent WR Plaxico Burress (Steelers) may consider a one-year deal if he does not receive what he believes is a market-value proposal on a long-term deal. Under such a game plan, Burress would then hope to have a big 2005 season and re-enter the free agent market again in 2006.
My guess is with th Giants.

Gaz
03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Gaz you are such a dork! But, a very clever and intellegent one. Always a fun read.

So, “Dork” is a GOOD thing?

xoxo~
Gaz
Totally misunderstood his high school years.

ChiefsOne
03-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, yes it is!

Gaz
03-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Well, yes it is!

Excuse me, folks. I have to find the Trevino Brothers so I can apologize…

xoxo~
Gaz
Learned something new today and can probably end those costly psychiatric sessions.

BIG_DADDY
03-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Plaxico is a stud no doubt but his pricetag scares me. Anyone have an idea of what he is asking for?

Carlota69
03-09-2005, 12:12 PM

Isn't Law in a wheelchair? Thats the word...why would we want to take a chance like that? Or is it not considered a risk?

InChiefsHell
03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes. One is a gimp, another has a fumbling problem, and the rest haven't done squat yet.

Yet our offense still kicked major ass last season, and the season before that, and the season before that...

...I dunno. I think everyone is hitting the panic button in the wrong spot. Let these guys develop. Personally, I think Parker is gonna be a good reciever, and Wilson will do MUCH more than be a tight end. Hell, before his injury they used him alot in pre-season and he looked great. As did Boe.

I just don't think this is a place we need to freak out about. Hell, if we had a goddam defense we wouldn't NEED to score every time we touch the frickin' ball...If we have money left and spend it on a prima donna like Burress, I will really be pissed...

InChiefsHell
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Isn't Law in a wheelchair? Thats the word...why would we want to take a chance like that? Or is it not considered a risk?
I guess they are bringing him in to evaluate just that. Personally, I think he'd be fine for a season or two, which is about all the life we have in us for a run at the SB. He's in a wheelchair because he had surgury. This does not bother me at all...