PDA

View Full Version : Surtain to the Giants?

Realbaddog
03-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Found this on another BB:FF Today Forums
Surtain to the Giants? (http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112716)
but can't agree on compensation. I do not have a link, this info comes from a personal source, fairly reliable. The Giants wanted smoot, reworked the contracts of Strahan, Tiki, sean williams, and someone else to pay him, but smoot went to minny. They would have then traded will allen to St. Louis for a pick.

Since that did not happen, they discussed surtain and working a deal for slightly less than what they would have given smoot. They offered the 2nd rounder, Miami wants allen and the second rounder. It is unclear at this time whether this snag will cancel the deal.

BigChiefFan
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
If Surtain is cheaper than Smoot, than what are we waiting for? This guy is one of the top CBs in the game and instantly upgrades our secondary. Pull the trigger, Carl.

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Found this on another BB:FF Today Forums
Surtain to the Giants? (http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112716)
but can't agree on compensation. I do not have a link, this info comes from a personal source, fairly reliable. The Giants wanted smoot, reworked the contracts of Strahan, Tiki, sean williams, and someone else to pay him, but smoot went to minny. They would have then traded will allen to St. Louis for a pick.

Since that did not happen, they discussed surtain and working a deal for slightly less than what they would have given smoot. They offered the 2nd rounder, Miami wants allen and the second rounder. It is unclear at this time whether this snag will cancel the deal.
If they can't agree on compensation they are as far along as we are with a trade.

farmerchief
03-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Since that did not happen, they discussed surtain and working a deal for slightly less than what they would have given smoot. They offered the 2nd rounder, Miami wants allen and the second rounder. It is unclear at this time whether this snag will cancel the deal.[/QUOTE]

We could give them our second rounder and throw in Burntree!!!!! :thumb:
farmerchief

KCTitus
03-09-2005, 11:09 AM
We could give them our second rounder and throw in Burntree!!!!! :thumb:
farmerchief

Im pretty sure if CP were worth his weight in salt, he could get this deal done by trading Bartee straight up.

Bootlegged
03-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Ok, we'll give Miami;
Bartee, McCleon, Woods, Wesley, Mitchell, Beisel, Hicks, Sims for Surtain. Sounds about even.

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 11:14 AM
This seems bogus.

If they could have gotten smoot, they were going to trade Allen to St. Louis for a pick. Net picks: +1

Otherwise they're going to trade for Surtain - net picks ZERO?

Makes no sense.

KCTitus
03-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, we'll give Miami;
Bartee, McCleon, Woods, Wesley, Mitchell, Beisel, Hicks, Sims for Surtain. Sounds about even.

Wow...better hope that KC doesnt have any players get injured next year.

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 11:23 AM
This seems bogus. If they could have gotten smoot, they were going to trade Allen to St. Louis for a pick. Net picks: +1
Otherwise they're going to trade for Surtain - net picks ZERO? Makes no sense.

Maybe kcnut's source can G2 this.

CHIEF4EVER
03-09-2005, 12:48 PM
This seems bogus.

If they could have gotten smoot, they were going to trade Allen to St. Louis for a pick. Net picks: +1

Otherwise they're going to trade for Surtain - net picks ZERO?

Makes no sense.

Agreed, makes no sense at all. I think this article is something fresh from the "wild speculation" rumor mill.

Shag
03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
If Surtain goes somewhere else, I think that'll really hurt the Chiefs. With him off the market, Law is the only big name left, and he'll hold all the cards. He knows we're desperate for CB help, and all other good options would already be off the market (except for Dyson, though he's not near the same level as the rest of the CB FAs this offseason). That would leave the Chiefs either overpaying for Law, sticking with what we have, or trying to draft a rookie starting CB. None of these prospects are thrilling.

KC needs to decide which way they want to go (Law/Surtain) and just do it. Having both guys available helps the Chiefs bargaining position, and they need to take advantage of that while they can.

Detoxing
03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Ok, we'll give Miami;

What's wrong with Wesley? the guy has one baaad season cuz the rest of our D sucks and you'd wanna trade him?

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
If Surtain goes somewhere else, I think that'll really hurt the Chiefs. With him off the market, Law is the only big name left, and he'll hold all the cards. He knows we're desperate for CB help, and all other good options would already be off the market (except for Dyson, though he's not near the same level as the rest of the CB FAs this offseason). That would leave the Chiefs either overpaying for Law, sticking with what we have, or trying to draft a rookie starting CB. None of these prospects are thrilling.

KC needs to decide which way they want to go (Law/Surtain) and just do it. Having both guys available helps the Chiefs bargaining position, and they need to take advantage of that while they can.

My thoughts exactly :thumb:

Bootlegged
11-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Other than Kawika - this wasn't a bad scenario. That is if Surtain would've played like 2000 Surtain.

OctoberFart
11-18-2006, 05:37 PM
If Surtain is cheaper than Smoot, than what are we waiting for? This guy WAS one of the top CBs in the game and instantly upgrades our secondary. Pull the trigger, Carl.

I changed it for you.

DenverChief
11-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I ate my own poop for you.

:spock:

dj56dt58
11-18-2006, 06:37 PM
It helps when you have a defensive line that can acctually generate a pass rush. You can't cover someone all ****ing day. If we had some DT's that could get a push up the middle Surtain would be just as good as he was in Miami.

blueballs
11-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Samari Rolle is called the weak spot in the Ravens secondary
I thought I read he may lose the starting job
but can't find it now

OctoberFart
11-18-2006, 06:52 PM
It helps when you have a defensive line that can acctually generate a pass rush. You can't cover someone all ****ing day. If we had some DT's that could get a push up the middle Surtain would be just as good as he was in Miami.
But what CB isn't good with a pass rush, typical chef fan excuses.

DenverChief
11-18-2006, 06:55 PM
I masturbate in my own feces

:spock:

JimNasium
11-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm always mystified as to how a thread this mundane gets bumped.

milkman
11-18-2006, 08:11 PM
But what CB isn't good with a pass rush..

The Chargers.

milkman
11-18-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm always mystified as to how a thread this mundane gets bumped.

Same here.

Halfcan
11-18-2006, 08:13 PM
This is HUGE news!!!

Thig Lyfe
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I want Hugh Douglas anyway.

jspchief
11-18-2006, 09:29 PM
why the hell was this bumped?

Wa-Z
11-19-2006, 12:06 AM
This was almost nuthooks.

Halfcan
11-19-2006, 04:10 AM
Real bad dumbf#ck-I am glad you don't post here anymore!

boogblaster
11-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Im lost but F asswind ...