PDA

View Full Version : Another CB not mentioned.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Kelly Herndon. He's suppose to be in K.C. today right? I thought I read where he was in Atlanta yesterday and K.C. today. Throwing out Law and Surtain for all reasons hashed out endlessly, where does he rank? I guess I would put Dyson ahead of him, but after that I suppose I could handle Herndon.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Kelly Herndon. He's suppose to be in K.C. today right? I thought I read where he was in Atlanta yesterday and K.C. today. Throwing out Law and Surtain for all reasons hashed out endlessly, where does he rank? I guess I would put Dyson ahead of him, but after that I suppose I could handle Herndon.
Herndon is solid. I would take him as a No. 2 to warfield. But dont look at me im a "pressure the QB," Homer. After all, New England clearly wins because of their outstanding depth at corner...

CHIEF4EVER
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Herndon would be an improvement over Bartee. (Then again, my dog Casey would be too. I believe she would even turn her head, jump up and tip the ball away with her nose thus doubling the number of passes defensed by Billy boy in his best season.)

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I would take Herndon in addition to Surtain/Law, but not instead of Surtain/Law. We have enough average to below average CBs, I want a #1.

SCTrojan
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Kclee - your avatar is freaky. I think I kind of like it, but I can't stare at it long enough to tell.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Herndon sucks ass.

So, we'll probably sign him. :)

TRR
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
We need Surtain or Law. Herndon is a nice #2/nickel CB. That is something we don't need.

Uncle_Ted
03-09-2005, 01:45 PM
I would take Herndon in addition to Surtain/Law, but not instead of Surtain/Law. We have enough average to below average CBs, I want a #1.

The added advantage of Herndon is that we'd be taking him away from the donx ... and even though he's a RFA, he was undrafted, so there would be no compensation to the donx.

He'd be great as a nickle/fill-in while Warfield is suspended. Still don't see why they haven't (at least publicly) considered moving Battle and/or Bartee back to safety.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Kclee - your avatar is freaky. I think I kind of like it, but I can't stare at it long enough to tell.

Yeah, I feel the same way. If I stare too long it hurts my eyes, so I feel like changing it, but I do kind of like it.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Watch, we'll sign Herndon.... to play SAFETY! ROFL

CHIEF4EVER
03-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Watch, we'll sign Herndon.... to play SAFETY! ROFL

ROFL

Kclee
03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Herndon sucks ass.

So, we'll probably sign him. :)

You really think he's that bad? I'm just not positive we'll go after Surtain any harder than we already have, or Law will come cheap enough. So I'm just going down the list from there.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he blows. Dungver fans even had a hard time defending him. DUNGVER FANS. That should tell you everything you need to know about him right there ;)

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't like signing Herndon unless he is really cheap. We don't have a ton of money and we need to have it all so we can land Law, and somebody like Simmons from Seattle if we still have money after that. We should be using at least one of our first two picks, hopefully our first on Rogers, on CB anyways. Law as #1, Warfield #2, Draftee #3, and McCleon was #4 and we should be fine.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:13 PM
*still wondering why people are high on law*

Dave Lane
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Herdon is a RESTRICTED free agent so we would owe Dungver picks if we sign him.

Dave

KCTitus
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I believe he's an RFA which would cost KC a 3rd which they dont have.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM

He is an elite cornerback and is the only one left other then Surtain? I was high on Lucas, Rolle, and Smoot too.

Gaz
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Herdon is a RESTRICTED free agent so we would owe Dungver picks if we sign him.

Dave

“He has become somewhat of a hot commodity after starting 27 games the past two seasons and can be signed without draft-pick compensation because the Broncos tendered him at the lowest level, $656,000.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-herndonindemand&prov=knight&type=lgns

xoxo~
Gaz
Passing it on.

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM

I know, I know we need a fix now, but hell I would take Law even if he could not play this year, call me a homer!

But the guy is a SHUTDOWN CB, ask Marvin Harrison and Payton Manning. If Law is healthy and back to 100% this season we will need him to cover Afro boy from the Raiders

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I know, I know we need a fix now, but hell I would take Law even if he could not play this year, call me a homer!

But the guy is a SHUTDOWN CB, ask Marvin Harrison and Payton Manning. If Law is healthy and back to 100% this season we will need him to cover Afro boy from the Raiders
Law is old, expensive and an extreme injury risk.

go bowe
03-09-2005, 02:21 PM

But the guy is a SHUTDOWN CB, ask Marvin Harrison and Payton Manning. If Law is healthy and back to 100% this season we will need him to cover Afro boy from the Raidershow many times this past season did law shut down anybody?

and wasn't this past season the first in which the 5 yard rule has been enforced?

so, i guess my question is, do we really know if a healthy law is still a SHUTDOWN cb?

is there such a thing anymore? (see bailey, champ...)

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
how many times this past season did law shut down anybody?

and wasn't this past season the first in which the 5 yard rule has been enforced?

so, i guess my question is, do we really know if a healthy law is still a SHUTDOWN cb?

I guess we should just stand pat. Bartee wasn't really THAT bad was he? Have you guys already forgotten last season?

siberian khatru
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
“He has become somewhat of a hot commodity after starting 27 games the past two seasons and can be signed without draft-pick compensation because the Broncos tendered him at the lowest level, $656,000.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-herndonindemand&prov=knight&type=lgns

xoxo~
Gaz
Passing it on.

Let's make the Rat overpay to keep him. :D

go bowe
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I guess we should just stand pat. Bartee wasn't really THAT bad was he? Have you guys already forgotten last season?stand pat?

wondering if law really is a "shutdown corner" is standing pat?

okay, sure...

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:28 PM
stand pat?

wondering if law really is a "shutdown corner" is standing pat?

okay, sure...

So what exactly do you want to do again?

eazyb81
how many times this past season did law shut down anybody?

How many times did Bell stuff the run this season? How many sacks did he get?

Free agency is a risk no matter who you sign. IMO, I would rather sign a player with a high ceiling, then just a guy that has a low risk.

No matter how you slice it, Law is a top 2-5 CB with or without the new CB rules. His injury is a broken bone, not serious ligament damage. It takes time to heal from a broken bone, but it will not be a lingering issue. Law will be a stud next year no matter where he signs.

Kclee
I guess we should just stand pat. Bartee wasn't really THAT bad was he? Have you guys already forgotten last season?

Questioning whether to go after a injured CB and standing pat are not the same. I would bet not one person here thinks we should stand pat, but there are a lot that would question signing someone who may not even be ready to start the season. Add that to Warfield's 4 game suspension. Not good.

KCTitus
03-09-2005, 02:29 PM

xoxo~
Gaz
Passing it on.

Ack...screwed that up...I guess they have the right of first refusal at the low tender.

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 02:30 PM

I am not asking to break the bank on the guy, but he still has some gas left in the tank.

If Law can be 100% for the season why not pick him up?

Everybody says this is the season before the window closes, what does it matter how old he is when we need a shutdown corner now.

Of course this all depends if the guy can be healthy

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Questioning whether to go after a injured CB and standing pat are not the same. I would bet not one person here thinks we should stand pat, but there are a lot that would question signing someone who may not even be ready to start the season. Add that to Warfield's 4 game suspension. Not good.

Again, what exactly do you want to do then? We screwed ourselves by missing out on Rolle, Lucas, and Smoot. We have three options left: sign an injured Law, trade for Surtain, or sign Dyson. It seems to me that if we don't sign Law then we have to go hard after one of the other two. In Surtain's case that would most likely mean giving up a 2nd round pick. Is this what you are suggesting?

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM

First off, when has it ever been questioned that Law will not be ready by September? He will take off his walking boot by late March or early April, so I have a hard time believing he will not be in game shape 5 months after that.

Second, Warfield's suspension has not been announced yet. He may get 4 games, he may get 2, he may just get one.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Again, what exactly do you want to do then? We screwed ourselves by missing out on Rolle, Lucas, and Smoot. We have three options left. Sign an injured Law, trade for Surtain, or sign Dyson. It seems to me that if we don't sign Law then we have to go hard after one of the other two. In Surtain's case that would most likely mean giving up a 2nd round pick. Is this what you are suggesting?

In my first post I mentioned Dyson. That's who I think we should go after. Herndon is my second choice. Standing pat is not an option.

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
In my first post I mentioned Dyson. That's who I think we should go after. Herndon is my second choice. Standing pat is not an option.

You would honestly be content with signing Dyson or Herndon instead of Law or trading for Surtain?

Kclee
03-09-2005, 02:38 PM
First off, when has it ever been questioned that Law will not be ready by September? He will take off his walking boot by late March or early April, so I have a hard time believing he will not be in game shape 5 months after that.

Can you think of another reason why the best CB in the league is getting no attention. GM's should be lined up ready to dish out the cash for this guy. If he was such a sure thing, he'd be off the market.

jspchief
03-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Dyson and Herndon are exactly the type of players fans have criticized Peterson for signing in the past.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:39 PM

Old? He's 31... I guess we should cut Holmes now. We're CRAZY for having kept Green 3 years past the "old" label date... sheesh, wtf were we thinking?! Roaf and Shiels? Fogettaboutit

Expensive? No doubt.

Extreme injury risk? Going too far... he's had one injury - the one he's recovering from now. The guy can SHUT DOWN receivers such as Marvin Harrison. He is vocal, has an attitude, and can lead a defense... those intangibles make him worth the risk IMO.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Again, what exactly do you want to do then? We screwed ourselves by missing out on Rolle, Lucas, and Smoot. We have three options left: sign an injured Law, trade for Surtain, or sign Dyson. It seems to me that if we don't sign Law then we have to go hard after one of the other two. In Surtain's case that would most likely mean giving up a 2nd round pick. Is this what you are suggesting?

The reason I don't like the idea of signing Dyson is because I feel like he could be another McCleon. I know he is much more highly regarded then McCleon was, but settling is what got us in this position of the worst defense in the league in the first place. I would be much happier with Dyson then Herndon if one of them has to be our main CB signing of free agency.

nmt1
03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
The guy can SHUT DOWN receivers such as Marvin Harrison. He is vocal, has an attitude, and can lead a defense... those intangibles make him worth the risk IMO.

With us he won't be able to get away with holding and illegal contact like he did with the Patriots.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Old? He's 31... I guess we should cut Holmes now. We're CRAZY for having kept Green 3 years past the "old" label date... sheesh, wtf were we thinking?! Roaf and Shiels? Fogettaboutit

Expensive? No doubt.

Extreme injury risk? Going too far... he's had one injury - the one he's recovering from now. The guy can SHUT DOWN receivers such as Marvin Harrison. He is vocal, has an attitude, and can lead a defense... those intangibles make him worth the risk IMO.
I believe....

You are missing the point. 31 is old for a corner. Holmes and Green dont have a whole career on them. Olinemen tend to have longer careers, in case any of this relative information escaped your grasp of the "intangibles"

Kclee
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
You would honestly be content with signing Dyson or Herndon instead of Law or trading for Surtain?

Sorry, I'm on the fence with that. Signing Law or Surtain would most likely be the last FA move we could afford/plus the loss of a draft pick. So that would be a win/lose situation IMO. Signing Dyson and having money for another LB/CB would be good too. But again, Dyson isn't Law. I'd have to see how it pans out. If we just sign Dyson and no one else, then it would've been better to get Law. If we sign Dyson and are able to get Hartwell. Then screw Law and give me that combo.

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Can you think of another reason why the best CB in the league is getting no attention. GM's should be lined up ready to dish out the cash for this guy. If he was such a sure thing, he'd be off the market.

Obviously nothing is a sure thing, but since there are other available CBs this offseason, teams went for a player that would be a safe choice. Also, other teams may not be ready to contend immediately this year and may put more weight on a player's age. There are many reason why Law is still available, but we shouldn't look at what other teams do to lead us to what we need to do.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I believe....

You are missing the point. 31 is old for a corner. Holmes and Green dont have a whole career on them. Olinemen tend to have longer careers, in case any of this relative information escaped your grasp of the "intangibles"

Again, Hasty was 30 when we signed him. He played for six more years.

I'll take 5 years of Law over one more of McCleon/Bartee/Battle/Herndon/Warfield/Dyson.... Law is an "elite" corner. We've not had that since, coincidentally, Hasty

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Sorry, I'm on the fence with that. Signing Law or Surtain would most likely be the last FA move we could afford/plus the loss of a draft pick. So that would be a win/lose situation IMO. Signing Dyson and having money for another LB/CB would be good too. But again, Dyson isn't Law. I'd have to see how it pans out. If we just sign Dyson and no one else, then it would've been better to get Law. If we sign Dyson and are able to get Hartwell. Then screw Law and give me that combo.

Okay, I misunderstood you. I can understand preferring Dyson and Hartwell over Law/Surtain, but preferring only Dyson over Law/Surtain is crazy IMO.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Again, Hasty was 30 when we signed him. He played for six more years.

I'll take 5 years of Law over one more of McCleon/Bartee/Battle/Herndon/Warfield/Dyson.... Law is an "elite" corner. We've not had that since, coincidentally, Hasty
Hasty is an exception. Lucky break. To suggest that you can squeeze 5 more elite years out of law is madtalk.

jspchief
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Hasty is an exception. Lucky break. To suggest that you can squeeze 5 more elite years out of law is madtalk.

Law could make an excellent safety at the tail end of his career.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Did your crystal ball tell you that... or was it the psychic friends hotline?

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Did your crystal ball tell you that... or was it the psychic friends hotline?
:rolleyes:

was it your crystal ball that tells you that you can get 5 "shutdown" years out of law?

Kclee
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Okay, I misunderstood you. I can understand preferring Dyson and Hartwell over Law/Surtain, but preferring only Dyson over Law/Surtain is crazy IMO.

Yeah, I'm just looking at the next move. Dyson give us a chance to go out and get more players besides him. Problem with that is that they are not the top tier players. If we get a top tier player, great, only problem is that we have so many holes that 1 or 2 players may not make a big difference. That's why I'm stuck in the middle. There are good and bad to whatever we do. Thus, promising someone will be pissed no matter what happens or who gets signed.

Edubs
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Herndon held is own last year. Nobody was throwing Champ Bailey's way and Herndon did a preeeeety good job.

Herdon had more tackles and sacks than Warfield did last year. Herdon only had 2 picks and Warfield had 4 with a touch.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes:

was it your crystal ball that tells you that you can get 5 "shutdown" years out of law?

Nope, just making a valid comparison.... which is more than you did. ;)

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Nope, just making a valid comparison.... which is more than you did. ;)
Valid comparison? BROKEN FOOT!

He's still gimping around which is a good indication its a pretty solid break. Some broken feet never heal. I know what I want. I want to pay law 12 mil SB to gimp around on the sideline for 5 years.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Valid comparison? BROKEN FOOT!

He's still gimping around which is a good indication its a pretty solid break. Some broken feet never heal. I know what I want. I want to pay law 12 mil SB to gimp around on the sideline for 5 years.

Yeah, valid comparison. You said he was old - I pointed out he's a mere one year older than Hasty was. Same position. Valid.

I agree that he is a risk due to the injury he is currently recovering from, however I am willing to admit that if he can return to 100%, he's the best player at that position available. Can you admit that?

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, valid comparison. You said he was old - I pointed out he's a mere one year older than Hasty was. Same position. Valid.

I agree that he is a risk due to the injury he is currently recovering from, however I am willing to admit that if he can return to 100%, he's the best player at that position available. Can you admit that?
Thats a huge investment for an IF. IF he can return to 100% he COULD be the best in the NFL, assuming his age doesn't slow him down.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Thats a huge investment for an IF. IF he can return to 100% he COULD be the best in the NFL, assuming his age doesn't slow him down.

They are all IFs right now. That is what happens when you wait. You either get IFs or NOTs.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
They are all IFs right now. That is what happens when you wait. You either get IFs or NOTs.
WHO HASNT BEEN AN IF? SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FREE AGENCY?!

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I think we can go ahead and drop this discussion guys. I just read over at the KCStar board that Law is a lock for KC.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 03:14 PM
WHO HASNT BEEN AN IF? SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FREE AGENCY?!

That's the point. Would you rather take a chance on "IF A" or "IF B"?

I take "A" if he's generally regarded as the best player at the position, then go down the list from there.

Surtain has concerns in regards to knee injuries, plus he costs a draft pick. And you can bet your ass he won't be "cheap".

If you want safe, you should be pulling for Dyson or Herndon.

HC_Chief
I think we can go ahead and drop this discussion guys. I just read over at the KCStar board that Law is a lock for KC.

ROFL

Nightfyre
Really? God told me that Law wasn't going to sign in KC.

DenverChief
03-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Because it is the foundation of civilized living in the United St...damn wrong thread :banghead:

DDay
03-09-2005, 03:43 PM
I am a Chiefs' fan in New England- grew up in KC and have been in RI for 13 years.

On Law- if he were NOT damaged he'd be a Patriot, plain and simple. he would have re-structured on a cut and sign deal. They dumped him and did not look back. I would consider him at safety but his CB days are behind him.

Peterson should be castrated for not signing Rolle. Unforgiveable.

Scott Fujita just signed an offer sheet with New England.

Surtain is too expensive at the cost of the two pick. Maybe next year's?

It is becoming VERY HARD to like the Chiefs. Their arrogant leadership is a fatal blow. They needed to turn over a HELLUVA lot more of the defense to make the difference. They should have learned from 2003 free agency that you can't band aid this thing. They need to turn over more of it.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 03:44 PM

Link?

siberian khatru
03-09-2005, 03:45 PM
I am a Chiefs' fan in New England- grew up in KC and have been in RI for 13 years.

On Law- if he were NOT damaged he'd be a Patriot, plain and simple. he would have re-structured on a cut and sign deal. They dumped him and did not look back. I would consider him at safety but his CB days are behind him.

Peterson should be castrated for not signing Rolle. Unforgiveable.

Surtain is too expensive at the cost of the two pick. Maybe next year's?

It is becoming VERY HARD to like the Chiefs. Their arrogant leadership is a fatal blow. They needed to turn over a HELLUVA lot more of the defense to make the difference. They should have learned from 2003 free agency that you can't band aid this thing. They need to turn over more of it.

Welcome to the Planet.

If you see Amnorix or Cadmonkey up there, give 'em a wedgie for us.

keg in kc
Really?

Hopefully it goes like their run at MaSLOWski a couple years ago.

Nightfyre
If we dont resign fujita, I will be very disappointed.

DDay
03-09-2005, 03:51 PM
The news on Fujita is being reported on WEEI Radio in Boston. Very reputable. Largest nd highest rated all-sports in the US.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Really?

Hopefully it goes like their run at MaSLOWski a couple years ago.

We're fooked now for sure. If we lose him, who do we replace him with? If we keep him, the contract probably won't be that cap friendly since NE will not want us to match it.

the Talking Can
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
if we let Fujita go we are stupid...and we are stupid, so there you have

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
The news on Fujita is being reported on WEEI Radio in Boston. Very reputable. Largest nd highest rated all-sports in the US.

Thanks.
It will definitely suck if we lose him. He misses a lot of tackles, but he has the athleticism and build to be really good. If he got some decent coaching...
Besides, he's the only LB besides Bell I'd be willing to start. The rest are ST fodder at best.

siberian khatru
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Of course, Fooj will be an All-Pro up there.

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks.
It will definitely suck if we lose him. He misses a lot of tackles, but he has the athleticism and build to be really good. If he got some decent coaching...
Besides, he's the only LB besides Bell I'd be willing to start. The rest are ST fodder at best.

Whoa! That came out of left field...I want to keep Fujita.

cdcox
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I can't imagine that Fujita would be penciled in as a starter for the Pats; therefore, I doubt the offer will be too hard to match.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Whoa! That came out of left field...I want to keep Fujita.

So do I, but I'm not going to say that he's a great LB or anything... he isn't - just best that we have (other than Bell that is)

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine that Fujita would be penciled in as a starter for the Pats; therefore, I doubt the offer will be too hard to match.

Is Fujita a RFA?

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Is Fujita a RFA?
Yes

jspchief
03-09-2005, 04:00 PM

Why would they be willing to part with a draft pick over a back-up?

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Why would they be willing to part with a draft pick over a back-up?
We tendered him at minimum

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 04:02 PM

CP will match. He better match.

jspchief
03-09-2005, 04:03 PM

Don't they still have to give a draft pick equal to the round he was drafted in?

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't they still have to give a draft pick equal to the round he was drafted in?
I thought it was based on our tender.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
CP will match. He better match.

He almost has to. What other option do we have? Get you Chiefs Planet surfing in now, because once someone posts this in its own thread, the hysteria will shut it down again.

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
any confirmation on this?

jspchief
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought it was based on our tender.

It is. Does a minimum tender not get draft pick compensation?

This is definately not my area of expertise.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
It is. Does a minimum tender not get draft pick compensation?

This is definately not my area of expertise.

It didn't in Herndon's case. But he wasn't drafted, (I think) so I don't know if that makes a difference too.

Logical
03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
if we let Fujita go we are stupid...and we are stupid, so there you have
I have been telling people for weeks that we cannot assume Fujita will be back. People were telling me I was FOS. Well either way now were fooked, he leaves, or we take some kind of contract that kills us capwise.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 04:36 PM
I have been telling people for weeks that we cannot assume Fujita will be back. People were telling me I was FOS. Well either way now were fooked, he leaves, or we take some kind of contract that kills us capwise.

Yep.

the Talking Can
03-09-2005, 04:38 PM
if we lose Fujita we're moving backwards...Bell and a bunch of losers with the same secondary and Sims...kick ass, I glad CP was smart enough to tell Rolle to screw off...we don't need no stinking talent....oh wait! is that Chad Scott I hear in the distance?!? Sammy Knight?!?....

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 04:38 PM

Haven't seen anything on KFFL.

DDay
03-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Fujita would be killer in the Pats 3-4...

That's the rationale...

I should also say WEEI is reporting the signing as imminent. Hasn't happened yet.

jspchief
03-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Fujita would be killer in the Pats 3-4...

That's the rationale...

I should also say WEEI is reporting the signing as imminent. Hasn't happened yet.

How can it be imminent? KC has the chance to match any offer NE makes.

philfree
03-09-2005, 05:05 PM
They tried to sign Maz a few years back too. :hmmm: Why would they be interested in of the no talent bumbs on our D? After all we needed to replace 6 to 8 of our D starters. And here I thought Belicheck was genious. Go figure!

PhilFree :arrow:

DDay
03-09-2005, 05:10 PM
How can it be imminent? KC has the chance to match any offer NE makes.

The offer sheet signing is said to be imminent.

cdcox
03-09-2005, 05:24 PM
According to Pastabelly, the compensation for signing Fujita would be a 5th round draft choice. I think any team in the NFL would give up a 5th for a LB like Fujita, even if he was slotted as a backup. The Pats are losing 3 LB to FA, but the biggest name among them is Roman Phifer, who was a situational guy. I still don't think that the Pats offer will be too hard to match.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2007077