PDA

View Full Version : ESPN; Colts may trade Edge for less than a 1st

Bootlegged
03-09-2005, 02:05 PM
ESPN News just reported

jspchief
03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Let's hope Miami gets him and it brings down the price of Surtain.

beer bacon
03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Does this open the window for Indi to trade Edge straight up for Surtain? Is Surtain going to cost too much for Indi to sign period?

Sure-Oz
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
This is bad for us if Indy wants surtain!

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Im trying to decide where my apathy ends and my ambivalence begins...

Bootlegged
03-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I would think this is certainly not good news for us re;Surtain.

Kris Kringle
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't want Surtain if the price is a 2nd round pick.

Stinger
03-09-2005, 02:13 PM

They do

It's not

ROYC75
03-09-2005, 02:14 PM

Uh, very bad ......... :banghead:

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey, we need a RB to replace Blaylock.

dirk digler
03-09-2005, 02:17 PM

Yep not good news though with CP comments yesterday I don't think they are going to pull this trade off IMO.

ZootedGranny
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Here's a quote that may kill an Edge/Surtain swap:

League sources have told ESPN.com that the Dolphins, under new coach Nick Saban, are not interested in trading for James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2008841

It could be bullshit however.

Cochise
03-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't want Surtain if the price is a 2nd round pick.

Welcome, new Chiefs fan!

I am sure there are a few of you around the board after such a successful season. I would invite you to search the web for our draft history before commenting further.

Hoover
03-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Its not like Miami is going to kick ass this year anyway, I would think they would want to draft one of the top 2 backs.

Why pay Edge to be your RB on a shitty team?

dirk digler
03-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Welcome, new Chiefs fan!

I am sure there are a few of you around the board after such a successful season. I would invite you to search the web for our draft history before commenting further.

No kidding I don't understand why anyone would not want to trade our 2 round joke of a pick for Surtain. Has CP ever drafted any one good in the 2nd round?

BTW on the Chiefs website they have Siavii 3rd on the depth chart behind Browning and Dalton. I don't call that a successful pick.

milkman
03-09-2005, 02:27 PM
No kidding I don't understand why anyone would not want to trade our 2 round joke of a pick for Surtain. Has CP ever drafted any one good in the 2nd round?

BTW on the Chiefs website they have Siavii 3rd on the depth chart behind Browning and Dalton. I don't call that a successful pick.

And until Holliday was injured, Allen was behind him on the depth chart.

Until I see Siavii on the field healthy, I'm not going to give up on him as a bust just yet.

Cochise
03-09-2005, 02:47 PM

Too early to judge him. Toward the end of the year I noticed him getting some push, but Dalton was playing so well that Siavii's playing time was down, compounded by an injury I believe he was nagged by all year from week 1 against (surprise!) the Donk offensive line.

We haven't seen what he can do yet. I think he would do just fine with some more help around him.

Barret
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Question for everyone,

Didnt James state like last year or so that he was kinda tired of playing football. Maybe a couple years ago I am not sure.

Lets say I am right for a second. Is Miami going to give up anything for a back that might not have his heart in the game anymore? Didnt they get burned on this by Ricky??