PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander for Patrick Surtain?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
From Draftsharks.com

Clare Farnsworth of the Post-Intelligencer told KJR-AM 950 that the Seahawks and Dolphins are currently in negotiations to trade Shaun Alexander for free-agent CB Patrick Surtain and a swap of first round draft picks. Miami would be swapping Surtain and the 2nd overall selection for Alexander and the 23rd overall selection. Since Alexander was slapped with the franchise tag on Feb. 22 and subsequently offered the one-year guaranteed tender worth $6.32 million (what Rudi Johnson just signed in Cincinnati), he will probably hold out if he's not traded.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Shit.
Shit shit shit shit shit

ROYC75
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Damn....... Carl and Surtains agent waited too long.

Carl will blame this one on the agent ! :D

ZootedGranny
03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I heard the exact same rumor early last week, and nothing has happened yet.

Cormac
03-09-2005, 02:35 PM
The Dolphins should take that trade, IMO.

Which means they won't :D

carlos3652
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
would this hurt Seatle Cap wise so they dont enter the bidding for Hartwell...

Any opinions on that?

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Sounds like something Miami would do! They need a feature back in the worst way!

Oh well

HolmeZz
03-09-2005, 02:38 PM
That would be a terrible move by Miami.

vckcchiefs04
03-09-2005, 02:39 PM
CeePee = Future GM of the :donks:

Someone call a sniper!!!!!!! :bang:

Hoover
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
This is all a bunch of BS.

If teams are balking at a 2nd round pick, there is no way teams will play Edge or Alexander for him, why wouldn't they just trade their 2nd round pick?

BigRedChief
03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Yep, King Carl will have some serious explaining to do to the fans. A 2nd round pick that they will blow anyway for a pro bowl CB and he couldn't get it done? :banghead:

Cochise
03-09-2005, 02:43 PM

If teams are balking at a 2nd round pick, there is no way teams will play Edge or Alexander for him, why wouldn't they just trade their 2nd round pick?

No chit.

I think this is probably like all the "trade LJ for Plexico Burress" talk before last season. It makes sense in a fan's head so pretty soon it's being passed off on the internet as a "rumor"

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
This sucks.

This would allow us to get Hartwell.

Miami will do this.

Miami would never do this.

This makes sense!

This is BS!

...bi-polar thread.

Cormac
03-09-2005, 02:45 PM

But if they think Alexander will hold out, it could be worth it to them to trade him for Surtain and move up 21 spots in the draft. They could take Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Cedric Benson. Sounds logical to me.

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
But if they think Alexander will hold out, it could be worth it to them to trade him for Surtain and move up 21 spots in the draft. They could take Ronnie Brown, Cadillac or Cedric Benson. Sounds logical to me.

Is Henry still on the market?

jspchief
03-09-2005, 02:48 PM

In the case of Alexander, because he's going to hold out if he doesn't get a contract. It doesn't do Seattle any good to have Alexander sitting out. this allows them to get a player they need, eliminate the Alexander hold-out issue, and sign a top RB like Ronnie Brown with their first round pick.

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Is Henry still on the market?

Anthony?

HC_Chief
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Anthony?

Travis... RB, Bills
I thought he went elsewhere, but I don't recall...

Logical
03-09-2005, 02:49 PM
That would be an excellent deal for both teams. I am suprised this is the first time I have heard it talked about. What is Alexanders contract status?

jspchief
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
What is Alexanders contract status?

UFA, Seattle dropped the franchise on him. He's pissed and threatening to hold out if he doesn't get a contract. That's why Seattle might be willing to get rid of him.

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
From Draftsharks.com

Clare Farnsworth of the Post-Intelligencer told KJR-AM 950 that the Seahawks and Dolphins are currently in negotiations to trade Shaun Alexander for free-agent CB Patrick Surtain and a swap of first round draft picks. Miami would be swapping Surtain and the 2nd overall selection for Alexander and the 23rd overall selection. Since Alexander was slapped with the franchise tag on Feb. 22 and subsequently offered the one-year guaranteed tender worth $6.32 million (what Rudi Johnson just signed in Cincinnati), he will probably hold out if he's not traded.
If this is true I sure hope Ty Law and his agent bring plenty of lube when they meet with Carl, if not he won't be able to sit down for a month.

Iowanian
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd think Miami would want Alexander signed to a long term contract before making that deal.

chop
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Not having Surtain now may not be CP's fault. Surtain could be asking for some huge money that the Chiefs can't afford to pay. If it were just a second round pick for a probowl cb, I'm pretty sure CP would have gotten him already.

DaKCMan AP
03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't do this deal if I were Miami. I'd rather draft Ronnie Brown and keep Surtain or trade Surtain for a #2 than get Alexander and move down to #23. I think Ronnie Brown will be an amazing pro. If they were doing #2 for Alexander and #23 it would be a better deal for Miami, but the #2 and a 2nd (Surtain) for #23 and Alexander isn't that great for them.

DDay
03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Nope. I disagree. It's Peterson's friggin' fault.

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Not having Surtain now may not be CP's fault. Surtain could be asking for some huge money that the Chiefs can't afford to pay. If it were just a second round pick for a probowl cb, I'm pretty sure CP would have gotten him already.
Well if he's asking for 10-12 mil. dollar bonus thats the going rate if Carl is waiting to sign a CB for less then that then we are not getting a differance maker.

DDay
03-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Then again, DRAFTSHARKS ain't exactly ESPN, now is i?

DDay
03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Well if he's asking for 10-12 mil. dollar bonus thats the going rate if Carl is waiting to sign a CB for less then that then we are not getting a differance maker.

We may not have the money. I understand not wanting to part with the two, but criminy, we need the shut down corner.

Carl's taking the Patriot way to heart and thinking he doesn't have to spend in FA to make this go. The difference is that the Pats draft well and the Chiefs do not.

If you can't draft and you wan to win, you're forced into premium spending on free agents.

MGRS13
03-09-2005, 03:28 PM
We may not have the money. I understand not wanting to part with the two,
If this is Carls bottom line then Bartee/McCleon will start opposite Warfield next year.

Valiant
03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
would this hurt Seatle Cap wise so they dont enter the bidding for Hartwell...

Any opinions on that?

From what todays paper said..the signing of bell means they are backing off of hartwell..

Logical
03-09-2005, 03:35 PM
UFA, Seattle dropped the franchise on him. He's pissed and threatening to hold out if he doesn't get a contract. That's why Seattle might be willing to get rid of him.

Thanks well that eliminates the potential for this deal. If you do not have a player under contract (UFA) you cannot trade them. They are no longer the teams property. It would take a sign and trade which would make no sense at all.

carlos3652
03-09-2005, 03:39 PM
From what todays paper said..the signing of bell means they are backing off of hartwell..

But the offer is still on the table, if no one gives him the cash he wants, and the chiefs offer holds, we might be able to squeeze him in, that why theres all this crazy talk about Bell not being MLB at the start of the season if* Hartwell signs. I think he will be MLB if Hartwell signs somewhere else....

Joe Seahawk
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
This would be an idiotic trade for Miami IMO.. So naturally I hope they go for it..

Just think about what it would cost to move up 21 spots to the 2nd overall pick..

Joe Seahawk
03-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks well that eliminates the potential for this deal. If you do not have a player under contract (UFA) you cannot trade them. They are no longer the teams property. It would take a sign and trade which would make no sense at all.

Miami is welcome (any team is) to work out a long term deal with Shaun right now if they wish..

Otter
03-09-2005, 04:00 PM
The Dolphins should take that trade, IMO.

Which means they won't :D

Yup, Miami would be all over this if it were true in my opinion.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Nope but considering we break more accurate news than ESPN, I'd say our credibility is high. We have direct access to every beat writer in the NFL. Clare Farnsworth is a good scribe and a good source for Seahawks news.

Then again, DRAFTSHARKS ain't exactly ESPN, now is i?