PDA

View Full Version : Bengals have contacted Hartwell.

Nightfyre
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Bengals | Interested in Hartwell? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:54:20 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have contacted free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens). However, the two sides have not scheduled a visit.

vckcchiefs04
03-09-2005, 03:01 PM
:grr: I hate you Carl!!

HolmeZz
03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Seeing as Hartwell still seems to be up in the air, I think we should make a late push at him.

Kclee
03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Seeing as Hartwell still seems to be up in the air, I think we should make a late push at him.

Apparently we have to see how much Fujita is going to cost us first so we know how much cash we'll have left.

Chan93lx50
03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Hmmm, wasn't Marvin Lewis (Cinncinati's head coach) Hartwell's old D cordinator?

Seems like a perfect fit for Hartwell!

DAMN

eazyb81
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Apparently we have to see how much Fujita is going to cost us first so we know how much cash we'll have left.

Has the Fujita thing been verified yet? I have not seen anything on it so far.

keg in kc
03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd read this as a statement that he's not getting the offers he expected, so his agent's throwing someone else out there.

the Talking Can
03-09-2005, 03:40 PM

you would think that, but you're not CP....CP is being aggressive by not being aggressive..get it?

Kclee
03-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Has the Fujita thing been verified yet? I have not seen anything on it so far.

Not that I know of. But DDay didn't post a bomb like that and run away. I'm guessing he/and the post are legit. But again, that's me guessing.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Not that I know of. But DDay didn't post a bomb like that and run away. I'm guessing he/and the post are legit. But again, that's me guessing.

f_ck fujita...

sign hartwell and then let all the LB's on our roster fight it out for the final spot if fujita won't sign cheap.

WLB - Mitchell/beisel/caver/fox/joeblowjohnson
MLB - Bell
SSLB - hartwell

fujits hasn't done anything worth holding our FA plans up

then draft 2 CB in the first 2 rounds of the draft

1. carlos rogers
2. eric green
3. john welbourn :spock:
4-7 BAA

Kclee
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
f_ck fujita...

sign hartwell and then let all the LB's on our roster fight it out for the final spot if fujita won't sign cheap.

MLB - Bell
SSLB - hartwell

1. carlos rogers
2. eric green
4-7 BAA

huh. Didn't think of that yet. I could live with that. A little scary on the CB side, but do-able.

shaneo69
03-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't get this. The guy has only visited us and Arizona, didn't get the offers he wanted (surprise!), but now is telling Cincy and Seattle that he's not ready to take any more visits? WTF is he waiting for? I thought 16 teams were interested in him.

Something's screwy here.

Warrior5
03-09-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't get this. The guy has only visited us and Arizona, didn't get the offers he wanted (surprise!), but now is telling Cincy and Seattle that he's not ready to take any more visits? WTF is he waiting for? I thought 16 teams were interested in him.

Something's screwy here.

Peterson must've leaked something to the media about Hartwell's spine.

el borracho
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
f_ck fujita...

MLB - Bell
SSLB - hartwell

1. carlos rogers
2. eric green
4-7 BAA
I posted this exact idea a few days ago. Only a few people saw any value in it, the rest were too concerned with inexperience at corner.

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I think we should draft a tight end.

DTLB58
03-09-2005, 04:47 PM

Something's screwy here.

Yep, this guy should have been signed by now. :hmmm:

htismaqe
03-09-2005, 05:16 PM
f_ck fujita...

MLB - Bell
SSLB - hartwell

1. carlos rogers
2. eric green
4-7 BAA

I'd be more inclined to play Bell at Sam and Hartwell in the middle, but either way, it's a MAJOR upgrade.

Pants
03-09-2005, 07:27 PM
My new dream is Bell+Hartwell+Surtain. :whackit:

el borracho
03-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Money makes that unlikely unless the Surtain trade occurred after June 1st when we can cut some fat off our cap. Maybe Surtain for next year's 2nd?

the Talking Can
03-09-2005, 07:32 PM

how about Law at a discount because of his foot...though I can't believ we'd have money left after Bell and Hartwell

Kerberos
03-09-2005, 07:53 PM
huh. Didn't think of that yet. I could live with that. A little scary on the CB side, but do-able.

Man your AVTAR is freaking me out dude... I can't stop staring at it!