PDA

View Full Version : Juan Gone -- duh!

Oxford
03-09-2005, 03:49 PM
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- His history of injuries made Juan Gonzalez a risk for any team that decided to sign him. The Indians decided the risk might be worth taking, but it might not be working out as they had hoped.

While it's too early in Spring Training to make a broad judgment about Gonzalez, he was scheduled to sit out the game Wednesday against the Yankees because of a strain to his left hamstring.

But the day-long rain wiped out the ballgame anyway, so the postponement ensured the 35-year-old Gonzalez had another day to rest his hamstring, which he tweaked during Monday's exhibition game.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2005, 03:50 PM
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. -- His history of injuries made Juan Gonzalez a risk for any team that decided to sign him. The Indians decided the risk might be worth taking, but it might not be working out as they had hoped.

While it's too early in Spring Training to make a broad judgment about Gonzalez, he was scheduled to sit out the game Wednesday against the Yankees because of a strain to his vagina.

But the day-long rain wiped out the ballgame anyway, so the postponement ensured the 35-year-old Gonzalez had another day to rest his vagina, which he tweaked during Monday's exhibition game.
Fixed your post for you. :rolleyes:

Coach
03-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Sheesh, Jaun Gone just needs to retire.

tk13
03-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, one day a while back I stopped by the board on the Indians website.... and sure enough I saw a lot of "If he's healthy he's a great pickup!" and a lot of people penciling him in in RF/DH.... all I could do was shake my head. :)

SCTrojan
03-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah, one day a while back I stopped by the board on the Indians website.... and sure enough I saw a lot of "If he's healthy he's a great pickup!" and a lot of people penciling him in in RF/DH.... all I could do was shake my head. :)

It's amazing how every organization thinks that they'll be able to turn a player around. We took our turn last year, perhaps the worst move made last year. And that's saying something.