PDA

View Full Version : Throwing out some info about "Relay For Life" a charity to fight cancer.

|Zach|
03-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey folks I just wanted to drop a line on here. I understand that cash is hard to come by for almost everyone but at the very least I can throw some of you folks a little information about a good cause.

My good friend Steve got me involved with the charity event “Relay For Life” and I wanted to post this in support of the cause. The RFL operation in Springfield is huge. Their fund raising efforts in this event in Springfield alone support cancer fighting medical institutions in both Kansas City and St. Louis year around. Everyone has a family member or knows someone who has been touched by cancer so I encourage you to support this cause.

Below is a link where can donate some money to help and get more information. The goal has been set at $500 for our litte group. So if you can spare a few bucks it is appreciated by all and for those of you who are a little cash strapped including myself I know getting information out and involving loved ones fighting these battles in our good thoughts or prayers is always a good thing.

Links below...thanks folks.

This is sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=81455&u=81455-73811240&e=245646436

This link can also be found in my sig.

big nasty kcnut
03-09-2005, 05:32 PM
We are losing too many people to cancer. We lost chris ledoux today may he rest in peace.

|Zach|
03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
We are losing too many people to cancer. We lost chris ledoux today may he rest in peace.
It is tough to find someone who doesn't have a loved one in their life who has not had to battle cancer.

luv
03-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Wow!!! A fellow Relayer. . .

I have been involved with the Relay For Life for the past. . .this is my fourth year. I love it!! If you have one in your area. I highly recommend getting involved. It is a BLAST, and it is a great cause.

I have lost a LOT of family members to cancer, and have two friends who have some form of it. Since someone else has already posted the site to donate online for his fundraising efforts, I will not post mine. But I want to encourage all who can to get involved or donate!!!

Phobia
03-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Go ahead and post yours. Your boobies ARE bigger than Zach's, right?

FWIW, luv2rite's old man is a very charitable fellow. He's taken care of ChiefsPlanet charity interests countless times in the past.

I endorse both of these young people for this cause. The money all lands in the same pot, but wouldn't you all rather give to the young person with the biggest rack?

I motion for a rack posting. Winner take all.

Before you dismiss this as sexist hyperbole.... Zach has a nice rack.

luv
03-10-2005, 03:48 AM
What luck I have!! I left the information at work tonight. If you're in the Springfield area, there are a few things that my team is doing. . .email me at luv_2_rite@yahoo.com for more details. . .

April 1, Golf Ball Drop - purchase golfballs for $10 each. The balls will be numbered and sropped on a huge bullseye. Whoever's ball lands closest to the middle wins $1000.

April 15, Golf Tourney - 1PM shotgun start, two man scramble, prizes for closest to the pin, best score, hole in one, etc. Hidden Valley Goulf Course. $75 per person entry fee includes green fees and cart. Mulligans are for sale for $5 each (limit 2 per person) If you would like to sponsor a hole, you can do so for $100.

April 22, Silent Auction - it's being held where I work, so it's pretty much employees only, but if you are interested in in donating anything, you will receive a tax receipt from the ACS.

luv
03-10-2005, 03:50 AM
I endorse both of these young people for this cause. The money all lands in the same pot, but wouldn't you all rather give to the young person with the biggest rack?

I motion for a rack posting. Winner take all.

I'm sure Zach has a very nice rack. Mine may be bigger, but (just to boost some egos) bigger is not always better. . .lol!

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Indeed I do Phil.

Whatever brings in those dollahs!

I am getting into this for the first time. I am helping out a good friend of mine who is a psychology teacher at school. I was amazed at how large of a project it was...the fact that they support Kansas City AND St. Louis year around with the funds raised is impressive. I was also impressed with the sense of community formed by all the events and people that surround this charity, it seems like a very special deal. I kind of feel bad because I don't have any money to spare. I am having a hard enough time getting all of my bills paid but if I can do something else to help out then hopefully it is for the best.

I am still very interested in starting Forever 37 in Springfield. I have been pretty driven to make it happen but things have stalled as of late. Hopefully we can get together and make it happen...

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm sure Zach has a very nice rack. Mine may be bigger, but (just to boost some egos) bigger is not always better. . .lol!
I imagine in this case that saying holds true.

I hope.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 03:55 AM
I don't know, zach has quite a nice rack.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 03:56 AM
If that golf tournament were closer, I'd be all over that.

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 03:57 AM
If that golf tournament were closer, I'd be all over that.
I can't wait to hit the course again.

luv
03-10-2005, 04:07 AM
I am still very interested in starting Forever 37 in Springfield. I have been pretty driven to make it happen but things have stalled as of late. Hopefully we can get together and make it happen...

What is this?

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:10 AM
What is this?

Ask Gale. He's talking about www.37forever.org

it's a favorite charity around ChiefsPlanet. In fact, nearly everybody involved with 37 Forever is also a member at ChiefsPlanet. Though, this year the Chiefscoalition people might participate to benefit 37 Forever as well. I wonder if I can talk them into a friendly competition.

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 04:10 AM
What is this?
Whoa I typed it backwards...

37 Forever...

www.37forever.org

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:14 AM
Whoa I typed it backwards...

37 Forever...

www.37forever.org

That's been done enough that we're considering registering forever37.org as well.

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 04:18 AM
That's been done enough that we're considering registering forever37.org as well.
It is so cheap and easy to get domain names these days I think it would be a good idea. Just register it and do a redirect to the main site.

You guys should use a little website overhaul...nothing too much but a little style wouldn't hurt one of the faces of the organization.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:27 AM
It is so cheap and easy to get domain names these days I think it would be a good idea. Just register it and do a redirect to the main site.

You guys should use a little website overhaul...nothing too much but a little style wouldn't hurt one of the faces of the organization.

Talk to Scott. He threw that front page together in about 45 minutes with me giving instructions over the phone last year. If you're interested in helping, I'm sure he'd love experienced assistance.

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Talk to Scott. He threw that front page together in about 45 minutes with me giving instructions over the phone last year. If you're interested in helping, I'm sure he'd love experienced assistance.
Scott= Bob Dole right?

I would love to show off some potential ideas.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:32 AM
Scott= Bob Dole right?

I would love to show off some potential ideas.

Yeah - the one and only.

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah - the one and only.
Man amongst boys?

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Man amongst boys?He's our own Michael Jackson.

luv
03-10-2005, 04:45 AM
I will be bumping this thread up tomorrow night whenever I have all of my information to post. I suck at asking for donations in person, so the online giving would work best for me. And why not have a little friendly competition?

Just to brag a little bit. . .my compnay's team has been amongst the top three fundraisers for the past two years at the Springfield Relay! Last year, we raised over $20,000!!!

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:47 AM
Zach's dad isn't named after a little blue animation.

luv
03-10-2005, 04:49 AM
Zach's dad isn't named after a little blue animation.

I appreciate the support. I only hope dad has a good rep on here! But enough about him, I'm working on a rep of my own! :thumb:

Phobia
03-10-2005, 04:51 AM
I appreciate the support. I only hope dad has a good rep on here! But enough about him, I'm working on a rep of my own! :thumb:

Everybody loves papasmurf. But Zach's dad owns a bowling alley. They have beer there. Mmmmmm. Beer.

luv
03-10-2005, 04:56 AM
Everybody loves papasmurf. But Zach's dad owns a bowling alley. They have beer there. Mmmmmm. Beer.

Yeah well, my dad's a letter carrier. Zach's dad could be in trouble if his bill payments got lost in the mail! :p

Is this competition between Zach and me, or our dads? lol

Phobia
03-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Yeah well, my dad's a letter carrier. Zach's dad could be in trouble if his bill payments got lost in the mail! :p

Is this competition between Zach and me, or our dads? lol

I dunno. What were we measuring?

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 05:04 AM
I dunno. What were we measuring?Zach's got a prodigious bustline. That'll be hard to beat. Big head, too.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 05:08 AM
Zach's got a prodigious bustline. That'll be hard to beat. Big head, too.

Then it's decided. Saul wins.

luv
03-10-2005, 05:15 AM
Zach's got a prodigious bustline. That'll be hard to beat. Big head, too.

I dunno. I hate to say it, but I'm not small. And (opening a can of worms) how does anyone know how big Zach's head is?

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 05:16 AM
I dunno. I hate to say it, but I'm not small. And (opening a can of worms) how does anyone know how big Zach's head is?It's hard to miss, lolling about there betwixt his shoulders.

Phobia
03-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Zach's head is stunning. Really. He once wore a Volkswagon Beetle for protection from the sun.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Think Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

Then double it.

luv
03-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Think Dark Helmet from Spaceballs.

Then double it.

ROFL

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Nothing like getting zach to recite "Now you see that evil will always triumph -- because good is dumb".

|Zach|
03-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Bump for the day folks...

luv
03-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey! Finally got my personal and team site up and running.

http://www.acsevents.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=81455&lis=0&kntae81455=8BA39BC62C5149D0AE49E390976CEE3C