PDA

View Full Version : jIZ arrested in Florida

Bootlegged
03-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Police: Bush/Cheney bumper sticker sent man into road rage
an ABC Action News report 03/09/05 - updated 6:16 p.m.

TAMPA - A Tampa man is out of jail after a possible road rage incident that gives new meaning to the term "driving left of center."

Nathan Winkler, 31, was arrested overnight and charged with aggravated stalking for allegedly terrorizing a mother and her two children.

According to police, Winkler pulled up alongside Michelle Fernandez as she was headed south on Armenia and began beeping his horn and flailing his arms, pointing at her. Fernandez, meanwhile, could not see Winkler's face because of a handmade sign in his window that read, "Never forget Bush's illegal oil war murdered thousands in Iraq."

"Apparently, this starts over political views or bumper stickers. She had a Bush/Cheney sticker on the back of her car. There's just no excuse for it to escalate to what it did," observed Tampa police spokesman Joe Durkin.

Winkler apparently grew more agitated as they continued to drive along, allegedly trying to run Fernandez's car off the road several times over the next few miles.

The 34-year-old grew increasingly concerned for herself and her two children in the car and called 911. Action News obtained recordings of those calls, in which the fear in her voice is evident.

No one would answer the door at Winkler's South Tampa home.
"Look, he's trying to run me off the road," she is heard telling the 911 dispatcher. "Look at him. You [censored] idiot! Whatever, you moron! Get away from me."

"I was blowing my horn at someone because I'm running stop signs and everything to get away from him," she added later.

But investigators say even that did not stop Winkler from pulling in front of Fernandez and forcing her to stop. As he tried to run up to her car, she drove away and was headed to police district headquarters when she finally managed to lose Winkler.

Cops caught up with Winkler at his home not long afterwards, where he reportedly blamed Fernandez for starting the altercation by making an obscene gesture. He was booked into jail on a charge of aggravated stalking, but was free by morning on $2,000 bond.

Back at home Wednesday morning, Winkler declined to answer the door. From inside, a female voice told Action News that the incident was simply a "misunderstanding" with another driver.

Fernandez, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.

CHIEF4EVER
03-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Wow. That guy takes LWNJ to a whole new level. I wish that jerk would have tried that crapola with me in my rig. A small steering adjustment and VOILA! Fresh Road Waffle.

Saulbadguy
03-10-2005, 07:14 AM
What ever happened to just flipping someone off? Sheesh.

KCWolfman
03-10-2005, 08:02 AM
What ever happened to just flipping someone off? Sheesh.
I think that is what started it.

The guy who was complaining about Bush illegally attacking another nation illegally attacked another person merely because she flipped him off.

Duck Dog
03-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Whatta an idiot. Though it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Irony at it's best/worst.

Bwana
03-10-2005, 08:17 AM
What a hump. ROFL

Chief Henry
03-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Isn't that typical wacko left wing standard operating procedure?

HC_Chief
03-10-2005, 08:41 AM
He's lucky her husband didn't buy her a handgun

Amnorix
03-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Isn't that typical wacko left wing standard operating procedure?

No. I'm flipping through the typical wacko left wing SOP handbook and chasing down people who flip you off after you say something about their Bush/Cheney sticker ain't in here.

They definitely need to get rid of this section about not women not shaving their armpits even if it's summer and they're heading to the beach... :shake: :Lin:

HC_Chief
03-10-2005, 08:48 AM
No. I'm flipping through the typical wacko left wing SOP handbook and chasing down people who flip you off after you say something about their Bush/Cheney sticker ain't in here.

You sure? Perhaps you have an older copy... you know, prior to the addition of the "keying SUVs for being polluters and slashing tires of capitalist pig-dog voters" chapters.

Soupnazi
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I've got much lower standards, I'll flip someone off even if they don't have a bumper sticker.

Bob Dole
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
How disappointing.

Bob Dole would have thought that Henry would have raised his son better than that.

beavis
03-10-2005, 09:27 AM
You sure? Perhaps you have an older copy... you know, prior to the addition of the "keying SUVs for being polluters and slashing tires of capitalist pig-dog voters" chapters.
Yeah, you also forgot the part about no hamburgers. They're killing those poor animals you know.

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
He's lucky her husband didn't buy her a handgun

True.

He's also lucky her lumberjack husband wasn't in the car.

This is a perfect example of those who spend the most time bitching about having an open mind and first amendment right to speak their mind...have Zero tollerance for another.

When I see a Kerry Sticker, it just makes me smile and say " probably a hippy doooshbag" to myself as I drive by.

yunghungwell
03-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Police: Bush/Cheney bumper sticker sent man into road rage
an ABC Action News report 03/09/05 - updated 6:16 p.m.

TAMPA - A Tampa man is out of jail after a possible road rage incident that gives new meaning to the term "driving left of center."

Nathan Winkler, 31, was arrested overnight and charged with aggravated stalking for allegedly terrorizing a mother and her two children.

Fock him in the a-hole!

Would have been nice to respond with something more like this.

http://www.glock.com/compensator.jpg

This is exactly the reason I refrain from flipping off people still sporting their Kerry bumper stickers, I'm usually not packin'.

Cochise
03-10-2005, 11:20 AM
When I see a Kerry Sticker, it just makes me smile and say " probably a hippy doooshbag" to myself as I drive by.

I have to admit I always get a look at the person when I see a sKerry sticker. I would say about 75% of the time it's a senior citizen, at least from what I see lately. The rest of the time it seems to be a 20something person in a japanese compact with 50 other stickers on it of the 'bush lied people died' variety.

In fact I saw one car last weekend with a Kerry sticker and another that just said "someone else for president". I thought that was pretty honest of them.

Iowanian
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
It would have been funnier if she'd stopped her Minivan, got out and slapped the taste out of his mouth right there on the hwy.

Valiant
03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Actually my favorite here in town is a guy who has at least a good dozen stickers on his suv bashing bush and about our illegal war for oil... He was talking up a storm on his cell phone will driving... I just thought it was funny that he was bitching about oil while driving a suv bigger then mine...

They should make a shirt or sticker that reads: Democrats been inconsistant ****ups since 2000

BIG_DADDY
03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
I'll bet he wouldn't have done that to me, freakin pussy.

Cochise
03-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I'll bet he wouldn't have done that to me, freakin pussy.

He wouldn't have tried to prey on someone his own size. Just someone he could intimidate, a mom with 2 small children in the car. The definition of poo-say.

beavis
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
If Howard Dean can't control his temper, they shouldn't let him have a license.

Cannibal
03-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Too bad he didn't run the mexic()nt into a bridge abutment. ROFL

j/k

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Too bad he didn't run the mexic()nt into a bridge abutment. ROFL

j/k

Too bad it isn't legal for her to carry a loaded 357 on her car seat so she could blow the miserable ****ing pussy away. ROFL no j/k

Bwana
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Too bad it isn't legal for her to carry a loaded 357 on her car seat so she could blow the miserable ****ing pussy away. ROFL no j/k
It depends where you live and if you have a concealed weapons permit. :)

If the guy would have done that to me, he would of had a big surprise and there likely would of been an unhappy ending for the old boy. :hmmm: