PDA

View Full Version : Who the hell is Sammy Knight?

SNR
03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Never heard of this guy until a couple days ago.

Who is he?

Taco John
03-10-2005, 10:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

jspchief
03-10-2005, 10:57 PM
He played the lasy few years with the Dolphins, before that he was a stud for the Saints. He's not a big hitter like a Darius or Harrison, but he's a helluva ballhawk.

KevB
03-10-2005, 11:00 PM
He played the lasy few years with the Dolphins, before that he was a stud for the Saints. He's not a big hitter like a Darius or Harrison, but he's a helluva ballhawk.

When the Saints let him go, supposedly it was because he was too slow. However, he's always been one of those guys that finds his way to the ball. I don't remember hearing about his performance with the Fins the last couple of years, but he can't be worse than what we put on the field last year.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2005, 11:01 PM
He's not a superstar, but the guy has some talent. He also has nose for the ball. I think he'll make a nice addition.

J Diddy
03-10-2005, 11:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

what have the broncs done?

beer bacon
03-10-2005, 11:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

You are one evil bastard :)

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

What's so funny? The Broncos haven't done much, other than signing Ian Gold and Putz.

If this is true, then it's good move IMHO, no matter what. We could use all the help we need anyways.

jspchief
03-10-2005, 11:07 PM
When the Saints let him go, supposedly it was because he was too slow. However, he's always been one of those guys that finds his way to the ball. I don't remember hearing about his performance with the Fins the last couple of years, but he can't be worse than what we put on the field last year.

I don't think that's why the Saints let him go. He was coming off of a Pro bowl year. I think it was time for payday, and the Saints didn't want to pay.

Taco John
03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
The good news is that he's better than Bartee...

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:15 PM
The good news is that he's better than Bartee...

That, I can agree.

cdcox
03-10-2005, 11:16 PM
He is a safety but I think we are projecting him as a corner.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2005, 11:16 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

Actually, Knight is pretty damn good SS. He's better than you are giving him credit for. He's a rah-rah guy and comes up with some big plays.

digi2fish
03-10-2005, 11:20 PM
What's so funny? The Broncos haven't done much, other than signing Ian Gold and Putz.

If this is true, then it's good move IMHO, no matter what. We could use all the help we need anyways.

do you have the original size file of your signature ?

Taco John
03-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Actually, Knight is pretty damn good SS. He's better than you are giving him credit for. He's a rah-rah guy and comes up with some big plays.

He's good for a handful of big plays in between getting burnt and lost on the field the rest of the time. The guy had big promise when he was younger, but he's nothing to get excited about now. Except of course that he's not Bartee.

HolmeZz
03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Very consistent. As most have said, he's a ballhawking safety. He's also a pretty good tackler.

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
do you have the original size file of your signature ?

You want it?

digi2fish
03-10-2005, 11:28 PM
You want it?

hel yeh, it seems pretty funny.
:)

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:30 PM
hel yeh, it seems pretty funny.
:)
You do mean my signiture on the bottom or my avatar on the left? (Just wanting to be sure)

alanm
03-10-2005, 11:30 PM
what have the broncs done?Well, they matched the offer for Jeb Putzier. Everyone else has pretty much bailed on them.
ROFL

KevB
03-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't think that's why the Saints let him go. He was coming off of a Pro bowl year. I think it was time for payday, and the Saints didn't want to pay.

I distinctly remember that the Saints said he didn't have the speed they wanted on defense. Did it have to do with money? Almost everything does these days. The Saints went out and got the more athletic Tebucky Jones instead.

Having said that, Knight's played on a pretty good defense the last couple of years, so I can't imagine he won't be an improvement.

digi2fish
03-10-2005, 11:34 PM
You do mean my signiture on the bottom or my avatar on the left? (Just wanting to be sure)

the signiture on the bottom, I don't want to be involved into U.S. political matters...
ROFL

Pants
03-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Sammy has a neck like a f*cking linebacker. He's probably a machine.

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:36 PM
the signiture on the bottom, I don't want to be involved into U.S. political matters...
ROFL

Ok, just wanted to be sure.

Here's the link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/chiefsheritage.jpg

J Diddy
03-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Well, they matched the offer for Jeb Putzier. Everyone else has pretty much bailed on them.
ROFL

Looks strikingly familiar to the bold offseason moves the Chiefs made last year and we all know how that went.

Woodrow Call
03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Looks strikingly familiar to the bold offseason moves the Chiefs made last year and we all know how that went.

Good point.

Chiefnj
03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Just what the Chiefs need, another STRONG SAFETY.

Bye, bye Wesley.

keg in kc
03-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Bye, bye Jerome Woods, June 1 cut.

digi2fish
03-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Ok, just wanted to be sure.

Here's the link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/chiefsheritage.jpg

thanks, but it's still the same size....
do you have a larger one so I can see the names under the jerseys?

JohnnyV13
03-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Scouts Inc.'s report on Sammy Knight:

(On ESPN Insider)

Knight quickly developed into a team leader last year and he is a fundamentally sound veteran that is at his best playing close to the line of scrimmage. Plays with a mean streak, times hits well and is a physical presence over the middle. Reads plays quickly, rarely wastes any motion and occasionally jumps routes. Shows good recognition skills, plays with discipline and rarely gets caught out of position. Possesses good ball skills, fights for the ball while it's in the air and is a playmaker. Takes the shortest path to the quarterback, has enough agility to avoid blockers in the backfield and can be effective on the blitz. Plays with a non-stop motor, shows great instincts and always seems to be around the ball. Explodes into tackles and can force some fumbles. However, Knight lacks ideal cover skills and he is vulnerable to getting beat deep when he doesn't play with great technique. Knight needs to be protected in coverage at times and his lack of speed limits his overall potential but he is still an excellent starter. He is a fierce hitter, he can provide the occasional big play and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Signing Knight reminds me of Gunther's first tour as D coordinator. He signed Ronnie Lott, then a former starting safety from San Diego (can't remember his name), to play as a safety/backer when he would defend some high powered passing teams with the nickel as base defense.

Chiefnj
03-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Bye, bye Jerome Woods, June 1 cut.

At the beginning of free agency didn't Vermeil say he was disappointed in Wesley?

Coach
03-10-2005, 11:57 PM
thanks, but it's still the same size....
do you have a larger one so I can see the names under the jerseys?

Oh, no. It's the same size. It just says "Kansas City. Where Fans were Invented"

There are years underneath the jerseys to identify what year they started wearing that certain jersey, but they are very very difficult to see over a photo, even if you enlarge it.

Sorry dude.

BigChiefFan
03-10-2005, 11:59 PM

(On ESPN Insider)

Signing Knight reminds me of Gunther's first tour as D coordinator. He signed Ronnie Lott, then a former starting safety from San Diego (can't remember his name), to play as a safety/backer when he would defend some high powered passing teams with the nickel as base defense.Good post on Knight. He's a solid addition.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 12:06 AM
At the beginning of free agency didn't Vermeil say he was disappointed in Wesley?Hell if I know, but my gut says Woods is out the door. Why keep a 32-year old free safety after a season with 0 interceptions and 1 pass defended?

digi2fish
03-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Oh, no. It's the same size. It just says "Kansas City. Where Fans were Invented"

There are years underneath the jerseys to identify what year they started wearing that certain jersey, but they are very very difficult to see over a photo, even if you enlarge it.

Sorry dude.

thanks anyway
:thumb:

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM

(On ESPN Insider)

Signing Knight reminds me of Gunther's first tour as D coordinator. He signed Ronnie Lott, then a former starting safety from San Diego (can't remember his name), to play as a safety/backer when he would defend some high powered passing teams with the nickel as base defense.
This makes me think he will blitz a bit from the SS spot. I love your scheme GUN.

beer bacon
03-11-2005, 12:55 AM
This makes me think he will blitz a bit from the SS spot. I love your scheme GUN.

From what Miami fans are saying, he is not that good of a blitzer.

Count Alex's Losses
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Way better than Woods. Great signing for KC.

Count Alex's Losses
03-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Here's what a Fin fan had to say:

Ballhawk. Playmaker. Veteran. Leadership. Slow. Good COverage for the limited speed he has. Hard Hitter. Can't blitz all that well. If you sign him, you will be getting a pretty damn good safety. I'll miss him If he leaves.