PDA

View Full Version : For PS2 football Chiefs fans

Wallcrawler
03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
I own ESPN NFL 2k5 and I downloaded the roster updates for all the players just after the superbowl.

Ive been keeping up with the roster moves, and looking at the ratings for the Chiefs should they sign various defenders.

Now the Chiefs defense, as it was before anyone was signed this offseason, was rated 68 overall. One of the very worst in the league.

After signing Kendrell Bell to the MLB spot, the defensive rating jumped up from 68, to 83.

So the discussion about cornerbacks that are available prompted me to see what would happen if the Chiefs signed the guys that they are visiting with, or guys who are available.

I turned the game on Coach Mode, so that all I could do is call plays, and the CPU would execute on both sides of the ball.

I assigned our newest corner to Randy Moss all game long against the Oakland Raiders to see how he matched up.

The first game, it was just the Kendrell Bell signing that was different. Warfield and Mcleon were the starters, with Woods and Wesley.

I called defense as I thought Gun would, aggressive, and blitzing often, especially with Kendrell Bell rated (90). Leaving the secondary in man to man coverage. These are the results of each new corner that was brought in.

Eric Warfield (83) on Randy Moss(98): Chiefs win 35-28

Randy Moss was thrown to 25 times, and caught 12 of them for 234 yards and 3 TDs. Warfield managed to get 5 tackles, and knock down 4 passes, and intercept one, but overall, he got torched.

Kendrell Bell was great against the run, stuffing Lamont Jordan several times on his way to racking up 11 tackles and one forced fumble.

Kevin Dyson(80) on Randy Moss(98): Chiefs win 38-21

Moss was thrown to 16 times, catching 10 of them for 221 yards and 3 tds. Dyson managed only 2 tackles, 2 passes defended, and 0 ints. he was smoked by Moss.

Kendrell Bell was less of a force in that game, only getting 6 tackles, but he did get 2 sacks, and once again, a forced fumble that they recovered.

Kelly Herndon (79) on Randy Moss: Chiefs Win 42-28

Moss had a spectacular game against Kelly Herndon. Thrown to 16 times, catching 13 of them for 212 yards and 3 TDs. Herndon had 3 tackles, and 2 interceptions. He was around the play, he just never made the play. Jerome woods had 9 tackles and one interception having to take up the slack for herndon.

Bell was once again a force against the run with 10 tackles, and also 2 sacks on Kerry Collins.

Patrick Surtain (93) on Randy Moss(98): Chiefs win 31-7

Moss was actually mortal in this contest. he was thrown to 15 times, but only caught 5 passes for 88 yards and one TD. Surtain had 6 passes knocked down, 3 tackles, and one interception.

Bell had his best game, logging 10 tackles and 3 sacks, and forcing and recovering a fumble.

Now everyone knows that Noone should be covering Moss one on one, and also knows that video football doesnt mean anything in regards to reality.

But from what I saw on the game, Kelly Herndon and Andre Dyson are in no way in the same league as Patrick Surtain. He handled Moss way better than those other guys did. Just a simulation, I know, but still It just makes me shake my head when we know that the Chiefs have a shot at a guy like that, but we will most likely end up settling for the likes of Herndon or Dyson, who are average corners, and not your playmaking cornerback capable of taking one guy by himself all game long and freeing up the rest of your guys to scheme with.

Just a little deal for those of you that are fans of PS2 football like I am. I didnt hear about the Sammy Knight signing, or if its even confirmed yet, so I havent tried any simulations with him on the defense.

Just something to pass the time until the real season begins.

Pants
03-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Dude, that's so f*cked up. I was going to post Bell's and Sammy's 2K5 rankings with a "FWIW". BTW, Sammy is 80 and Bell is 88, FWIW.

Wallcrawler
03-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Dude, that's so f*cked up. I was going to post Bell's and Sammy's 2K5 rankings with a "FWIW". BTW, Sammy is 80 and Bell is 88, FWIW.

They must have another roster update available then. Ill have to get it.

The roster I have has Bell rated at 90, and Sammy Knight rated 81.

Not too far off, but Id still like to have the current versions.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Kevin Dyson(80) on Randy Moss(98):Trying our own Troy Brown experiment, eh?

Pants
03-11-2005, 01:00 AM
They must have another roster update available then. Ill have to get it.

The roster I have has Bell rated at 90, and Sammy Knight rated 81.

Not too far off, but Id still like to have the current versions.

Mine for the Xbox. And I think I got my update like a month ago. Yours might be the more current one, which would be better for us, lol.