PDA

View Full Version : Knight over Sharper?

melbar
03-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Not to put a damper on the new signing , but I would have loved to see Sharper in a Chiefs uniform. You cant tell me they didnt know he was about to be released. They couldnt have waited an extra day? Top 3 Safety or top 10 safety ? What would you choose?

Pants
03-11-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm liking Knight more and more. He'll be a machine out there. He'll instill fear into fags like Randy and Rob.

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Sharper is going to the Falcons... mark it down.

easymobee
03-11-2005, 02:44 AM
Sammy Knight is NO WHERE near being a top 10 safety.

More like top 32 ......

On the other hand .... Sharper is a top 5 safety.

Good Call.

booger
03-11-2005, 02:45 AM
I understand where you are coming from and do agree. The main thing though is the money. More than likely with Shaper being released they may have talked with his agent or had at least a ballpark guess as to how much he wanted and will likely get.

Woods and Wesley got six year deals last year. One most likely will get cut (woods) and still cost us some dead cap space. I think we should just be lucky enough with the Knight signing. JMO

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 02:50 AM
I understand where you are coming from and do agree. The main thing though is the money. More than likely with Shaper being released they may have talked with his agent or had at least a ballpark guess as to how much he wanted and will likely get.

Woods and Wesley got six year deals last year. One most likely will get cut (woods) and still cost us some dead cap space. I think we should just be lucky enough with the Knight signing. JMO
I just look at Knights stats and am amazed. Really a safety with 100 tackles consistently and 3-5 ints consistently. I think he'll end up being an impact player. I'm looking into my crystal ball and calling it. Like Phob-stradamus. Only Night-stradamus doesnt work as well.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 02:51 AM
I find myself strangely ambivalent.

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Like Phob-stradamus. Only Night-stradamus doesnt work as well.

Actually Nightstradamus works best... You could say Phobstradumbass though.

Nightfyre
I find myself strangely ambivalent.
Hey now, you're treading on my "ambivalence" turf. But I am glad we picked him up.

tk13
I don't know, Miami had the 2nd best pass defense in the league last year, he couldn't have lost that much of a step could he? Miami's secondary allowed 162 passing yards a game, the Chiefs allowed 262. Granted I never got to watch Miami much because they were never on TV but Knight still had to be playing pretty well eh?

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 02:54 AM
Hey now, you're treading on my "ambivalence" turf. But I am glad we picked him up.Ambivalence was my turf looooooooong before you came along, bucko.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 02:54 AM
Ambivalence was my turf looooooooong before you came along, bucko.
How long ago did you jump on the ambivalence turf?

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 02:55 AM
Yeah, and Green Bay had one of the WORST secondaries.

I have no problem with Knight over Sharper. Easymobee is a ****.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 02:55 AM
I've given a shit about nothing for 31 years.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 02:56 AM
Well, I jumped on this one about 4-5 years ago when I was 15. I'll catch up someday.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 02:56 AM

Sweet! I'm getting there.

Hey, wait up. You're getting a little down in this thread. Don't slit your wrists tonight or anything man.

melbar
03-11-2005, 02:58 AM
I just dont remember seeing him on highlight reels, or hearing his name called out when I did watch the fins. I think that most of his success as well as the Dolphins D's success was Surtain , and Madison.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Sweet! I'm getting there.

Hey, wait up. You're getting a little down in this thread. Don't slit your wrists tonight or anything man.
It was worse last night.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:00 AM
It was worse last night.

What happened?

Wallcrawler
03-11-2005, 03:03 AM
I guess Ill just have to watch him play.

His stats and everything look great. 100+ tackles a season pretty consistently, and 35 picks and 9 FF over 8 seasons. Roughly 100+ tackles, 4 picks, and 1 FF per season.

Not too bad.

While were in the thick of FA, I dont know why we dont just trade the #2 to Miami for Surtain, and we can have HALF of one of the best secondaries in the league for the past few seasons.

That would be sweet in my book. Those two guys have played together, and the chemistry would already be there. Id think they would want to do that over having only 2 guys in the secondary's starting 4 that have played together once we get the new CB.

Surtain and Knight, and Wesley and Warfield. That would be a nice secondary I think. The safeties know what their CB counterparts can do on each side, so there is less time wasted on waiting for the secondary to gel.

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 03:04 AM
I just dont remember seeing him on highlight reels, or hearing his name called out when I did watch the fins. I think that most of his success as well as the Dolphins D's success was Surtain , and Madison.

well quite possibly Surtain is still in the mix...

Nightfyre
I guess Ill just have to watch him play.

His stats and everything look great. 100+ tackles a season pretty consistently, and 35 picks and 9 FF over 8 seasons. Roughly 100+ tackles, 4 picks, and 1 FF per season.

Not too bad.

While were in the thick of FA, I dont know why we dont just trade the #2 to Miami for Surtain, and we can have HALF of one of the best secondaries in the league for the past few seasons.

That would be sweet in my book. Those two guys have played together, and the chemistry would already be there. Id think they would want to do that over having only 2 guys in the secondary's starting 4 that have played together once we get the new CB.

Surtain and Knight, and Wesley and Warfield. That would be a nice secondary I think.

If they could work something out with Surtain similar to what they worked out with Bell, we could see Surtain plus another LB even.

DaWolf
I dunno who is better. The Chiefs robably thought that Knight fits in better in Gun's scheme and capwise. We shall see.

Regardless, we need to get playmakers on defense, and it sounds like either one is a playmaker. Gun's D is not a shutdown style D, it is a "bend but don't break" style that really requires the defense to clamp down in the red zone and cause turnovers that give the offense good field position. So guys like Bell and Knight should help...

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Gun's D is not a shutdown style D, it is a "bend but don't break" style that really requires the defense to clamp down in the red zone and cause turnovers that give the offense good field position.
I'd disagree with this statement. gun is one of the remaining "kill the run. Kill the QB. Shut em down." D guys left.

Wallcrawler
03-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Well, if anything, the word about these two guys is that they can bring the pain when it comes to tackling, something our current players have forgotten how to do.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:07 AM
I just look at Knights stats and am amazed. Really a safety with 100 tackles consistently and 3-5 ints consistently. I think he'll end up being an impact player. I'm looking into my crystal ball and calling it. Like Phob-stradamus. Only Night-stradamus doesnt work as well.

I agree, same here.

Another thing is his durability. Only missed 2 games in his career. From the type of skills he has, he reminds me alot of Rodney Harrison. Hopefully not a peckerhead like him though. I'd like to stab Harrison in the face with a pitchfork.

Can't forget the leadership skills he brings and the lack we have had there in the secondary let alone the whole defense.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 03:08 AM
I'd like to stab Harrison in the face with a pitchfork.
Id love to see this.

Wallcrawler
03-11-2005, 03:11 AM
Can't forget the leadership skills he brings and the lack we have had there in the secondary let alone the whole defense.

I think that is huge.

Bell also brings some of that fiery quality with him to this team also. If we can manage to snag Ty Law, or Patrick Surtain, we will have some quality leadership guys on this defense. Guys who can get in there, take charge, and get everyone back on the same page if something bad happens so that the rest of the D doesnt lose their morale and just give up.

Bell, Knight, and Law would be huge in the leadership department. Youre looking at your defensive captains right there. Some guys who can drag the rest of this defense kicking and screaming out of the cellar and back to being respectable.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Id love to see this.
Me too.

Too bad it's ilegal to hurt-kill people.

He'd probably kick the living crap out of me anyway if I tried. ROFL

Even though he fits the Romo type of mold, he does bring alot to the field and has a way of firing everyone up. So hopefully Knight can have that type of impact here, or even close too it would be nice.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 03:13 AM
*still on the **** LAW platform* That wouldnt change unless the doctors think he can run as fast as he could before the injury and took a tinyass contract.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:14 AM
I think that is huge.

Bell also brings some of that fiery quality with him to this team also. If we can manage to snag Ty Law, or Patrick Surtain, we will have some quality leadership guys on this defense. Guys who can get in there, take charge, and get everyone back on the same page if something bad happens so that the rest of the D doesnt lose their morale and just give up.

Bell, Knight, and Law would be huge in the leadership department. Youre looking at your defensive captains right there. Some guys who can drag the rest of this defense kicking and screaming out of the cellar and back to being respectable.
:thumb:

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Bah. We could use a peckerhead on D.

Taco John
03-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Not to put a damper on the new signing , but I would have loved to see Sharper in a Chiefs uniform. You cant tell me they didnt know he was about to be released. They couldnt have waited an extra day? Top 3 Safety or top 10 safety ? What would you choose?

When the hell did Sammy Knight become a top ten safety! ROFL

tk13
03-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Since when did the Bronco fans become Sammy Knight-haters? I'd like to hear this.

I'm guessing the answer is "as soon as he signed on to become a Chief."

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:25 AM
When the hell did Sammy Knight become a top ten safety! ROFL

He's as good as your boy Lynch...

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Since when did the Bronco fans become Sammy Knight-haters? I'd like to hear this.

That's what I was thinking. If we had signed Sharper, Taco would be going on about how he played on one of the worst secondaries in the league.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:30 AM
Good comparrison really. Same type of safety.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Good comparrison really. Same type of safety.But about a hundred years younger.

Taco John
03-11-2005, 03:32 AM

Sammy Knight would have to do something worth hating to garnish that title. Here's a guy who didn't deflect a single pass last season, and I'm a Sammy Knight hater for questioning when the hell he bacame a top ten safety... ROFL

Get real. He's a marginal improvement over a guy who has had injury and age take its toll. But he's nowhere close to what Woods was in his prime.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:33 AM
But about a hundred years younger.
And doesn't stink of donkey shit either.

:thumb:

Taco John
03-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Let's bet on it then. My boy Lynch went to the Pro Bowl last year. I'll bet you that Sammy Knight didn't.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Here's a guy who didn't deflect a single pass last season

He'll fit right in.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Let's bet on it then. My boy Lynch went to the Pro Bowl last year. I'll bet you that Sammy Knight didn't.
Did he get Holme's foot print off of his chest in time for the big pro bowl game?

Taco John
03-11-2005, 03:38 AM
That's what I was thinking. If we had signed Sharper, Taco would be going on about how he played on one of the worst secondaries in the league.

Sharper is one of the best safeties in the league. A legitimate top five.

I'll bet if he would have signed as a Chief, he'd have been the best in the league, eh?

I love how I'm the one being the homer here for pointing out that Sammy Knight isn't a top ten safety. ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Sammy Knight would have to do something worth hating to garnish that title. Here's a guy who didn't deflect a single pass last season, and I'm a Sammy Knight hater for questioning when the hell he bacame a top ten safety... ROFL

Get real. He's a marginal improvement over a guy who has had injury and age take its toll. But he's nowhere close to what Woods was in his prime.

Now you're really looking like a fool. Sammy had 98 tackles and 4 picks last year. So what if he didn't tip any passes? If anything that was an aberration.

Not every player on a good defense is going to be pro bowl caliber. Knight's going to shore up a major hole for the Chiefs.

As for Woods, his career stats pale in comparison to Knight, so you're way off base, AGAIN.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:39 AM
Sharper is one of the best safeties in the league. A legitimate top five.

I'll bet if he would have signed as a Chief, he'd have been the best in the league, eh?

I love how I'm the one being the homer here for pointing out that Sammy Knight isn't a top ten safety. ROFL

You've made it clear whoever the Chiefs sign is someone you're going to downgrade.

Meanwhile you elevated John Lynch to god status last year when Denver signed him.

Sammy Knight is a black John Lynch.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:40 AM

Since when does the Pro Bowl mean anything? When Trent Green made it two seasons ago it sure didn't mean much to you. Now suddenly it does?

Let's bet on it...I bet you that Knight will have more tackles and more combined turnovers than Lynch next season.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:41 AM
Let's bet on it...I bet you that Knight will have more tackles and more combined turnovers than Lynch next season.Congratulations, you've just guaranteed him IR by midseason.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Congratulations, you've just guaranteed him IR by midseason.
Dont go jinxing my Adopted Chief!

|Zach|
ROFL

Count Alex's Wins

Lynch is the best candidate for that.

|Zach|
03-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Lynch is the best candidate for that.
http://lpig.doereport.com/imagescooked/10208W.jpg

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 03:44 AM

Haha! If only I hadn't used my rep up tonight!

A donkey with a broken ass! ROFL

booger
03-11-2005, 03:45 AM
They shoulda sewed his bunghole shut.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Hide that from endelt before he goes off about giving rim jobs to the harry pit haired radio dj chick again.

keg in kc
03-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Hide that from endelt before he goes off about giving rim jobs to the harry pit haired radio dj chick again.There was really some classic shit on that thread. I miss the night crew.

booger
03-11-2005, 03:49 AM
There was really some classic shit on that thread. I miss the night crew.
Yep that was fun.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Boom!

http://img232.exs.cx/img232/184/mainapp20050311040142897xu.gif

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Boom!

that owns... if only he had plowed him a bit harder into the turf... awesome. I hate to have to give you rep, tho...

Taco John
03-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Boom!

He looks slower than I thought...

Downgraded? How can I downgrade a player that nobody ever had upgraded. Saying Sammy Knight isn't a top ten safety isn't downgrading him. Unless your a complete homer who, now that he's signed, are convinced that Carl done you right and brought in some of the best talent on the market.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Sorry, Taco. 35 interceptions in 8 years is pretty badass. Can you find a safety that's done better?

BOOM!

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/5408/knight1ha.gif

mikey23545
03-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Haha! If only I hadn't used my rep up tonight!

A donkey with a broken ass! ROFL

You can tell it's a donkey player 'cause there's no balls hanging.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Sorry, Taco. 35 interceptions in 8 years is pretty badass. Can you find a safety that's done better?

BOOM!

http://img210.exs.cx/img210/5408/knight1ha.gif
How do you capture the video gochiefs?

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 05:05 AM
yeah, his video capture skils are pretty badass, even though the file is 40Bajillionty KB

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 05:08 AM
yeah, his video capture skils are pretty badass, even though the file is 40Bajillionty KB
I just want to know if he captures off of a TV or a computer madden.

tk13
03-11-2005, 05:12 AM
I just want to know if he captures off of a TV or a computer madden.
He plays computer Madden...

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 05:16 AM
He plays computer Madden...
This I must invest in. And distribute amongst the football fans in the .iso format!

Pants
03-11-2005, 05:17 AM
This I must invest in. And distribute amongst the football fans in the .iso format!

Umm there are already .iso's for it. Since the two weeks before it came out.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 05:19 AM
Umm there are already .iso's for it. Since the two weeks before it came out.
Where might I find it?

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 05:20 AM
Yeah, that's just a madden replay that I captured with FRAPS. Then I loaded the AVI in Jasc Animation Shop 3 and made a GIF out of it.

It's also not eleventy billion K, either, it's under a megabyte.

I'll take requests if anyone wants one for an avatar or something...any player. :)

Pants
03-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Where might I find it?

I heard my friend talking about torrent sites.

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 05:24 AM
I heard my friend talking about torrent sites.

Yeah, one of my friends talks about torrent sites occasionally... I really have no idea what he is talking about.

Count Alex's Wins
03-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Madden 2005 torrent (http://trackerwww.prq.to/download.php/3239710/Madden.NFL.2005-RELOADED.torrent)

Illegal activites under the cover of darkness here on Chiefsplanet.

Pants
03-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah, one of my friends talks about torrent sites occasionally... I really have no idea what he is talking about.

Did you get my PM, stupid?

chiefsfolife
03-11-2005, 05:39 AM
we really sign sammy?

Pants
03-11-2005, 05:41 AM
we really sign sammy?

Yeah, according to CP and KC Metro Sports.

old_geezer
03-11-2005, 06:39 AM
I haven't bothered to read all the responses to this thread, but I fully understand the Knight signing over Sharper. If we are still serious about trying to sign Law or Surtain we will need the cap space. Also gives us room if Hartwell does come on board. We need help at several positions on defense rather than blow all our money on ANOTHER damn safety.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 06:42 AM
I am eager to see Guntherís 1-1-9 Defense. Jared Allen, Kendall Bell and [9] Safties.

Heaven knows we have the personnel on the roster to run it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Knee-deep in Safeties.