PDA

View Full Version : If Carl gets a CB I will be force to apologize for all my bashing

Tuckdaddy
03-11-2005, 07:31 AM
and somehow I think he will. If he gets either Surtain or Law I will be forced to give him mad props for keeping his word. Law is a big gamble but he's not the type of guy that would not do everything possible to fully recover. He will want to make the Pats look crazy for replacing him.

Go Carl Go.

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Imagine if he hadn't peed himself with Rolle..w'ed all be dancing the streets right now.

ChiefGator
03-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I will send him an envelope full of crow feathers and a nice note thanking him for dinner.

Actually, I might be arrested as a terrorist if I did that. But, I would be happy... not to be arrested... if that happens.

Ari Chi3fs
03-11-2005, 07:37 AM
I will send him an envelope full of crow feathers and a nice note thanking him for dinner.

Actually, I might be arrested as a terrorist if I did that. But, I would be happy... not to be arrested... if that happens.

:spock:

KCTitus
03-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Feh...signings are fun and all, but what really matters is performance on the field.

Cochise
03-11-2005, 07:45 AM
You and half the rest of the board.

crossbow
03-11-2005, 07:59 AM
and somehow I think he will. If he gets either Surtain or Law I will be forced to give him mad props for keeping his word. Law is a big gamble but he's not the type of guy that would not do everything possible to fully recover. He will want to make the Pats look crazy for replacing him.

Go Carl Go.

Ever consider that our bashing forced him into action? If we sat around and did nothing so would he.

ChiefGator
03-11-2005, 08:03 AM
:spock:

Oh, don't go getting your t-backs in a wad. If we can't make a joke about being arrested for terrorism without getting a little purple spock face, then we are no better than them. What do you think you got behind the iron curtain for making such comments? Indeed, the very same little purple spock face.

For shame...

CrazyHorse
03-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Ever consider that our bashing forced him into action? If we sat around and did nothing so would he.

Are you new?

There have been bashers since the beginning of the Peterson era.

Bwana
03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
I think I will call it a draw after doing NOTHING last year and leaving the D hanging out there with no help. After the nonactivity last year, he better get off his duff and sign some people up to help out this team.

Cochise
03-11-2005, 09:02 AM

That's what I think too. Carl obviously spends all day on the planet and the 1,000,000 'WTF CARL SIGN SOMEONEEE' threads obviously spurred him to action. I bet he wasn't talking to a single free agent before everyone started bitching, but the loyal Planet altered him to the fact that the defense wasn't very good and needed improvement. He wasn't talking a month ago about how they would be more aggressive in free agency this year or anything.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-11-2005, 09:05 AM
I doubt we deserve that much credit.

siberian khatru
03-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Feh...signings are fun and all, but what really matters is performance on the field.

Considering our record of evaluating talent, esp. on the defensive side of the ball ... We could sign FA's to fill every defensive hole, and then find out during the season that every one of them was the wrong guy. :banghead:

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Before we start a King Carl lovefest Let's don't forget that he had to go to FA and get Bell because he whiffed on Mitchell. He overpayed for Woods and Wesley and now had to pay more money to bring in anothe safety to motivate them. He whiffed on Battle and Bartee so we need to get another CB. There no need for a new coronation of King Carl. He's just fixing his drafting mistakes.

Lzen
03-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Are you new?

Not that I subscibe to his thoery, necessarily. But you gotta admit, Carl has been taking a lot of heat. Not just here but on lots of other bbs, radio sports talk shows, newspapers.

Lzen
03-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Before we start a King Carl lovefest Let's don't forget that he had to go to FA and get Bell because he whiffed on Mitchell. He overpayed for Woods and Wesley and now had to pay more money to bring in anothe safety to motivate them. He whiffed on Battle and Bartee so we need to get another CB. There no need for a new coronation of King Carl. He's just fixing his drafting mistakes.

Frankly, I think our draft scouting department needs an overhaul. You can't pin all that on Carl.

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Frankly, I think our draft scouting department needs an overhaul. You can't pin all that on Carl.
It's the buck stops here mentality. If his scouting department is not getting it done then he needs to fire and hire new ones. But supposely he's long time friends with them so that wont happen. Either way hes the one in charge. He's the one that gets the balme. Thats just the way it is. This is been going on for 16 years. Grunny is the last good 2nd rounder. That was 1990? Late rounds have been good but teams live and die by the first two rounds and his first two rounds in the draft over the last 16 years have sucked no matter how they are measured.

Dr. Van Halen
03-11-2005, 09:56 AM

Wow, that's some great hindsight you've got there. I distinctly remember your posts on how we should dump Woods the year after he went to the Pro Bowl. And your intense dislike of Wesley was infamous on the board three years ago. You were so right at the time to say that we should have let those two sign elsewhere ... why didn't we listen!!

So I guess all of the other GM's go to FA for kicks, not because of failures? Or perhaps failures and misevaluations are a normal part of the risks associated with the game.

Peterson has done some dumb things as GM. Pick out better ones.

KCTitus
03-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Considering our record of evaluating talent, esp. on the defensive side of the ball ... We could sign FA's to fill every defensive hole, and then find out during the season that every one of them was the wrong guy. :banghead:

LOL!!! Great Lexicon usage...

Gold Star for sk.

Lzen
03-11-2005, 10:22 AM
It's the buck stops here mentality. If his scouting department is not getting it done then he needs to fire and hire new ones. But supposely he's long time friends with them so that wont happen. Either way hes the one in charge. He's the one that gets the balme. Thats just the way it is. This is been going on for 16 years. Grunny is the last good 2nd rounder. That was 1990? Late rounds have been good but teams live and die by the first two rounds and his first two rounds in the draft over the last 16 years have sucked no matter how they are measured.

I disagree about the Grunny pick being the last good 2nd rounder. Tongue in 1996 was pretty damn good 2nd round pick. And Lockett (97?)wasn't too bad, either. And the jury is still out on Mitchell, Siavii, and Wilson. But I will admit that the Chiefs have not done well overall with 2nd round picks. Yes, I agree it's Carl's fault for not firing some of these bad draft scouts, etc.

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Wow, that's some great hindsight you've got there. I distinctly remember your posts on how we should dump Woods the year after he went to the Pro Bowl. And your intense dislike of Wesley was infamous on the board three years ago. You were so right at the time to say that we should have let those two sign elsewhere ... why didn't we listen!!

So I guess all of the other GM's go to FA for kicks, not because of failures? Or perhaps failures and misevaluations are a normal part of the risks associated with the game.

Peterson has done some dumb things as GM. Pick out better ones.

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard noob.

I've not been on this BB for 3 years. I've never used another name either.

I was all for the resigning of Woods this past off season. I felt like the majority did here that Gunther would restore his fire and we would see that legendary hitting that we saw when Gun was the defensive cordinator. We were certaintly wrong on that. Money will make you play it safe in the NFL.

FA is used by every team to fix drafting mistakes not just the Chiefs.

Dr. Van Halen
03-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard noob.

I've not been on this BB for 3 years. I've never used another name either.

I was all for the resigning of Woods this past off season. I felt like the majority did here that Gunther would restore his fire and we would see that legendary hitting that we saw when Gun was the defensive cordinator. We were certaintly wrong on that. Money will make you play it safe in the NFL.

FA is used by every team to fix drafting mistakes not just the Chiefs.

I was being sarcastic. You were ripping Peterson for moves that seem foolish now, but made some semblance of sense then. I, in turn, poked fun at you by implying that you knew how things would turn out all along.

Taking random shots at Peterson without bothering to do research or to compare what other teams have done is a common problem here.

crossbow
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Are you new?

I am not new and the outcry hasn't been neerly as strong as it has been for the last couple of years. People were basicaly satisfied with the team during the 90's when DT and company were on the field. They beleived the team was very close and just needed to improve the offense. Now people are getting irate over the rediculous reaches in the draft that have put the team in the position it is in now...desperate for defense and forced to spend big money to fix it.

KCTitus
03-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Taking random shots at Peterson without bothering to do research or to compare what other teams have done is a common problem here.

You have no idea...

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I am not new and the outcry hasn't been neerly as strong as it has been for the last couple of years. People were basicaly satisfied with the team during the 90's when DT and company were on the field. They beleived the team was very close and just needed to improve the offense. Now people are getting irate over the rediculous reaches in the draft that have put the team in the position it is in now...desperate for defense and forced to spend big money to fix it.

And then there were those of us who weren't satisfied with the team during the 90's and knew the team wasn't very close...

Count Alex's Losses
03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
And then there were those of us who weren't satisfied with the team during the 90's and knew the team wasn't very close...

Imagine if CP was around in 95.

I can see the threads now.

WHY IS LIN STILL ON THE ROSTER?

CHIEFS SIGN DILLON ACCORDING TO PROFOOTBALLTALK.COM

Cochise
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Bumpity :fire: