PDA

View Full Version : CB needed. Draft? Law? Surtain?

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Where do we go from here with the CB position? I think we should get Law or trade for Surtain and pick up a CB at #15 and have him play the nickel. What's the Planet's opinion?

Do we draft Rolle or Rogers at #15?

Sign Ty Law?

Trade the #2 for Surtain?

Your Option?

Frankie
03-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Law and draft....

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 07:27 AM
sign Chad Scott and party like it's 2005!

Rausch
03-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Surtain and Draft...

the Talking Can
03-11-2005, 07:30 AM
If we're serious about winning this year then you trade for Surtain.

If you're serious about year 13 without a payoff win then sign Herndon and draft a saety/fullback combo.

Bwana
03-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Surtain and Draft...

What Rausch said...........

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-11-2005, 07:32 AM
1. Surtain is good, young AND healthy now...no question marks...he's ready to play. He could solve a lot of issues for several years.

2. Draft Rolle, Jones or Rogers

ct
03-11-2005, 07:35 AM
1a - make the trade for Surtain!! Give them our 2nd and a 6th, or maybe even try a 4th and Wesley/Woods, since they just released Knight for salary cap reasons.

1b - draft Rodgers @15, if he's there. Otherwise BA Defender regardless of position.

JakeT
03-11-2005, 07:39 AM
My bet is if the Chiefs get either law or surtain and sign jones or rodgers Warfield will lose his starting job by the end of the season - this plan is too good to be true.

HemiEd
03-11-2005, 07:39 AM
What Rausch said...........

What Bwana said... :clap:

Frankie
03-11-2005, 07:45 AM
What Bwana said... :clap:
What HemiEd said... :clap:

Rausch
03-11-2005, 07:46 AM
1a - make the trade for Surtain!! Give them our 2nd and a 6th, or maybe even try a 4th and Wesley/Woods, since they just released Knight for salary cap reasons.

1b - draft Rodgers @15, if he's there. Otherwise BA Defender regardless of position.

With Fujita and Caver both being FA's and Barber's injury situation I think we HAVE to go OLB in the first. We have no 2nd rounder then, So I'd trade down and pick one up.

I'd also package Woods or Wesley for a 3rd/4th/5th round draft pick. One of the two is expendable now and we have plenty of depth at safety.

Use the new 2nd on CB and the rest of the friggen draft for depth on defense...

morphius
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Right now CP is stuck between a rock and a hard place with the CB position. I really believe from what everyone is saying that the Chiefs are really enamored with some of the speed WR's coming out in this draft and don't want to be stuck with only one pick in the top 3 rounds. The Welborn trade is really kicking him in the ass. I also believe that CP doesn't really want to deal with the Polian's and someone who is injured. What we need is someone who can practice so that we can build up a cohesive defensive unit who is all on the same page.

ROYC75
03-11-2005, 08:02 AM
All 3 in case some of them get injured .

Cochise
03-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Both A and C

stumppy
03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Get Surtain and draft one.

BigRedChief
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Both A and C

Sorry guys I meant to set up the poll to allow multiple options. If a mod would like to fix this I would appreciate your assistance. :rolleyes:

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I will take A and C as well.

Nightfyre
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I would also like to wait and see who's getting cut June 1

Logical
03-11-2005, 09:07 AM
My ideal scenario is we trade for Surtain the draft either Rogers or Antrell Rolle in the first round. I would be very happy with the offseason if that worked out.

JakeT
03-11-2005, 11:32 AM
after the Knight signing does anyone think getting Surtain is a better idea before. The two have patrolled the secondary together -- perhaps they can help get Wesley and whoever else in line.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I would trade for Surtain or get Law AND draft Rolle or Rogers in round 1.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 11:39 AM
With Fujita and Caver both being FA's and Barber's injury situation I think we HAVE to go OLB in the first. We have no 2nd rounder then, So I'd trade down and pick one up.

I'd also package Woods or Wesley for a 3rd/4th/5th round draft pick. One of the two is expendable now and we have plenty of depth at safety.

Use the new 2nd on CB and the rest of the friggen draft for depth on defense...

Other than Johnson, there isn't an OLB in the draft worthy of a 1st-round pick.

Unless of course you're looking at a tweener like Shawn Merriman.

philfree
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Other than Johnson, there isn't an OLB in the draft worthy of a 1st-round pick.

Unless of course you're looking at a tweener like Shawn Merriman.

Thomas Davis was 230 LBS at the Combine so he's looking more like an OLB all the time. He's 1st round talent.

PhilFree :arrow:

BIG_DADDY
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
My ideal scenario is we trade for Surtain the draft either Rogers or Antrell Rolle in the first round. I would be very happy with the offseason if that worked out.

I too would like Surtain but with all the money they have invested in Warfield at this point I see them going for a LB or top DE in the draft if they pick him up.

htismaqe
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Thomas Davis was 230 LBS at the Combine so he's looking more like an OLB all the time. He's 1st round talent.

True.

patteeu
03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Assuming Law's prognosis is good, sign him for his vocal leadership qualities (qualities that Kendrell Bell says he doesn't have) and his ability to play CB in the short term and perhaps safety in the longer term.

Draft playmaker WR with #15, or if that opportunity doesn't present itself, take best CB available in the first. If they go WR in the first, take a CB later in the draft.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2005, 12:04 PM
if hartwell comes down on his price ... sign him

then if we have enough left over for Law or surtain ... sign/trade for one of them

draft cornerback in the 1st round pretty much regardless

if we don't get law or surtain draft cornerback in the 2nd round as well.

Mr. Kotter
03-11-2005, 12:06 PM
if hartwell comes down on his price ... sign him

then if we have enough left over for Law or surtain ... sign/trade for one of them

draft cornerback in the 1st round pretty much regardless

if we don't get law or surtain draft cornerback in the 2nd round as well.

THERE'S your answer.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
1. Sign Hartwell. If you cannot sign Hartwell, sign the best OLB you can get. You may have to wait until after the June cuts.

2. Sign Dyson. If you cannot get Dyson, wait for the June cuts. If no solid veteran CB drops in June, give up the 2nd Rounder for Surtain. Under no circumstances should we sign Law. Even if his foot is healed, he will not be in shape to play football. Move along.

3. Draft Carlos Rogers at #15.

4. Play ball.

xoxo~
Gaz
Laying out the Gaz Plan.

chiefsfolife
03-11-2005, 06:01 PM
if we can get a and c the will put warfield hopefully in the nickel...or the rookie it all depends, and have woods r dime back

Count Zarth
03-11-2005, 06:03 PM
For those of you after a 1st round corner, im assuming he replaces Warfield for 4 games and then moves to nickel?

ChiefsCountry
03-11-2005, 06:13 PM
A secondary of:
CB - Surtain or Law
CB - Warfield
SS - Knight
FS - Wesley
Is pretty darn good.

TEX
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
1. Sign Hartwell. If you cannot sign Hartwell, sign the best OLB you can get. You may have to wait until after the June cuts.

2. Sign Dyson. If you cannot get Dyson, wait for the June cuts. If no solid veteran CB drops in June, give up the 2nd Rounder for Surtain. Under no circumstances should we sign Law. Even if his foot is healed, he will not be in shape to play football. Move along.

3. Draft Carlos Rogers at #15.

4. Play ball.

xoxo~
Gaz
Laying out the Gaz Plan.

:clap: :thumb: :clap:

tk13
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know, it's been two weeks now and we've shown no interest in Dyson. Gunther worked in Tennesee, he was all over bringing Rolle in. I think if he was interested in Dyson we'd have seen them. I didn't watch Tennessee much but I do not believe they play nearly as much man press coverage as the Broncos did they? That's why we brought Herndon in first.

whoman69
03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Warfield is going to be out for the first four games so two CBs are needed. There is no way we are going to survive for that amount of time with Bartee or Battle starting at corner.
We need quite a bit more than a CB on the team so I would rather not give up a pick.

Gaz
03-11-2005, 08:30 PM
We need a FA CB [gimme Dyson] and a draft CB [gimme Rogers at #15].

Surtain would be acceptable, but only AFTER the OLB position is filled and only AFTER the June cuts do not provided a solid [not great] CB. If we fill the OLB position with a solid veteran, then draft Rogers at #15 and give up the 2nd Rounder for Surtain.

Under NO circumstances do we pick up Law. Busted foot, out of football shape. No, no, a thousand times no.

xoxo~
Gaz
Thinks the Chiefs are not that far from where they want to be.

suds79
03-11-2005, 10:53 PM
I say we get a FA CB (Law or Surtain) and draft Rolle or Rogers with the 15th pick.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2005, 10:54 PM
If we're serious about winning this year then you trade for Surtain.

If you're serious about year 13 without a payoff win then sign Herndon and draft a saety/fullback combo.

Dont give King Carl any ideas ok??

philfree
03-11-2005, 11:11 PM
True.

I don't watch college ball much until the "Bowl Season" starts and then I try and scout the players I've read about. This year Davis impressed me more than any other player I saw in the Bowl games. I was trying to watch the DEs and all I saw was Davis making plays all over the field. I was like "Who the hell is that guy?" IMO we need to land that vet CB and draft a Carlos Rogers but if Davis is sitting there and we have landed Law or Surtain I'd have a hard time not drafting Davis if I was the one making that pick. He's a playmaker with unusual talent and if you see it you gotta take it.

Ultra Peanut
03-11-2005, 11:17 PM
A, B, C, D, and F.

crossbow
03-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Trade for Surtain. Avoid Law... he is done and is looking for a retirement check. Broken bones only take about 6 weeks to heal. Why has he been in a wheel chair for three months? Draft best Corner in round one and best receiver in round 3.

bricks
03-12-2005, 07:56 AM
:hmmm: :hmmm: Law or surtain?? Too be honest, I think Law is the better player. Surtain is almost if not just as good as Law. I give Law the edge, simply cause of his leadership skills, and the fact he has a better resume. More experience as well. He would be the ideal fit for our secondary. I go for Law. Pending on what happens with the physical, if his status is cleared as ok to play, sign the man. So, sign Law, and save our picks. Draft an OLB in the 1st round. Don't kid yourself guys, we still need LBers, I can live a little with Fujita, but, another season with Barber? God no! In the 2nd round, we should draft a CB.

Ari Chi3fs
03-12-2005, 08:08 AM

Carl needs to get it done then... we all want Logical to be happy.

can you imagine a Chiefsplanet without an unhappy Logical? Nirvana... :hmmm:

Gaz
03-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Surtain would go down a lot easier with an OLB on the roster. Otherwise, we have to use the 2nd Round pick for an OLB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Weighing those pesky old options.

HemiEd
03-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Trade for Surtain. Avoid Law... he is done and is looking for a retirement check. Broken bones only take about 6 weeks to heal. Why has he been in a wheel chair for three months? Draft best Corner in round one and best receiver in round 3.

When did we pick up a round 3?

BigRedChief
03-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Carl needs to get it done then... we all want Logical to be happy.

can you imagine a Chiefsplanet without an unhappy Logical? Nirvana... :hmmm:

Carl gets it done there will be a lot of happy planeteers to join Vlad in his nirvana.