PDA

View Full Version : Where did your user name come from?

Go Chiefs
12-08-2000, 02:36 PM
This came from Brickys response on another thread.

Mine is Wis for Wisconsin and Chief for Chiefs.

I definately win the most original!!! :D<BR>

Gracie Dean
12-08-2000, 02:39 PM
While in the 2nd grade, I played football with all the 3rd graders at recess. One of them tagged me with the name Kloster Phobia thinking it would hurt my feelings. I'm certain none of us knew what Claustro Phobia was at the time but the name has stuck and I kinda like it. It's my online name just about everywhere....<P>

Phobia
12-08-2000, 02:40 PM
When I was in elementary school, one of the girls in my Kindergarten class started calling me 'Tidy Bowl man' and that was really the only nickname I ever had.

I didnt think that would be a great one for this BB, so I stuck with my last name as that's what my old Soccer coaches used to call me.<P>

karob
12-08-2000, 02:41 PM
I'll add my $.02 worth.

Never had a nickname, but my grandfather's was Bricky, so I have taken his. His last name (the same as mine, odd how that works) was a very long German name that many find hard to pronounce, so it got shortened to Bricky.

Pretty useless story, really

ROBHONDA
12-08-2000, 02:44 PM
my user name simply came from my name. i dont think my nickname would be acceptable for the bb.
sec<BR>

DoktorSmith
12-08-2000, 02:44 PM
Gaz is short for Gazaway.

Back in school, "Spazaway" was the natural evolution. Kids are so clever...

xoxo~
gaz
contemplating a high-dollar "mental anguish" lawsuit.<BR>

milkman
12-08-2000, 02:45 PM
Ewww nicknames... Some of my more popular, The Jesus-Vampire and morphine. My first email name in college was morphine@...edu. It was odd how that caught on and people would start calling me that in the hall ways and the computer labs, some really odd looks, but fits my laid back personality pretty well. After confusing to many people that thought it meant I might be a drug addict I changed to morphius.

TEX
12-08-2000, 02:45 PM
During college I worked for a contractor in Colorado building houses in the mountains(one was for dick cheney's daughter, nice gal)....he had off the wall names for everything..hillarious guy...ex.a person with a large butt was refered to as "Thunder Toilets".....I had different "sayings" like pop vs soda equivilents....whenever I did something different than they did...he would say..."forgive him, he is Iowanian"...or something to that effect.

Buzzbait
12-08-2000, 02:48 PM
Mine is my real name... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Go Chiefs
12-08-2000, 02:53 PM
About as original as mine - huh Joe? :rolleyes:

redshirt32
12-08-2000, 02:53 PM
Mine came from getting kicked off the KCBB so darn many times for being: a) politically incorrect, b) a jerk, c) a pest, d) an irritant, e) bathroom bowl cleanser.

So I figured I'd be a pesky fly on the wall and never go away...<BR>

Idahojim
12-08-2000, 02:55 PM
Mine...1st name,1st letter of last and the yr I graduated from High school.

Same name on all BB's.

TEX
12-08-2000, 02:55 PM
In Tim Allen's book, he actually blames his personality on his name...His given name is Tim Alan Dick...kids called him tin dick, thin dick, skin dick, etc...he said he learned to joke about it and therefor shaped his personality as a defensive mechanism...

I can very much relate...my given name is..well, we won't get into that.

Coogs
12-08-2000, 03:00 PM
Mine stands for "smell the people".

My roommate when I was down at SMSU was talking in her sleep one night and was saying "smell the people" over and over. I asked her in the morning what she was dreaming about, but she couldn't remember. We thought it was a funny saying, so it became like our mantra. We'd say it all the time and were even going to start a band called that, but my lack of talent in instruments or singing ended that.

--Shannon--

HC_Chief
12-08-2000, 03:03 PM
Larry Davis for Kansas City

Astounding, huh? LD for KC

karob
12-08-2000, 03:04 PM
Smltheppl
LMAO and would make a great band. Lack of talent hasn't stopped a lot of others from starting a band and becoming mildly successful.

Fat Homer
12-08-2000, 03:09 PM
Joe's username is obvious...but Joe has used, MiataMan, ElvisJr out of respect of Kurt Warner Jr, we all remember him, and of course joe has used his real name too..but all those were on that other BB that Joe use to post on...Joe's grade school nicknames are too embarrassing for Joe to mention... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Coogs
12-08-2000, 03:09 PM
Bricky - That's true, but you haven't heard me sing or play. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Luzap
12-08-2000, 03:10 PM
Mine came from my line of work. My first job in the field of Credit was doing repo work. I made it an obsession. People would hide stuff that we would come for, and I made it my job to find whatever it was I was looking for, be it furniture, cars, stereos, or TV's.

One day I was given the task of hunting down a guy who managed to always stay one step ahead our best repo guys. I camped out all night at his g/f's house waiting for him to show up there. He arrived about 2 in the morning, went inside to "release some tension" and I popped his car. When I showed up at the yard with the car the guy was right behind me in his g/f's car. A fight ensued and things went south. He was too big to fight hand to hand, so I kicked him in the ribs, grabbed him around the neck and put a modified version of what the "wrestling" business calls a "sleeper hold". He struggled wildly but I hung on for dear life until he got worn down. He gave up and left, vowing to come back with his friends and kick my a$$.

The guy at the lot, said he was laughing at the way I hung on like a "maddog". He told my boss and the name stuck. I just added the extra "m" at the front to be unique.

mark

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Luzap
12-08-2000, 03:13 PM
For those who are new to the BB, I almost always use the moniker "mmaddog" when signing my post.

mmaddog
who let the dog out.....woof,woof,woof,

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-08-2000, 03:14 PM
Bob Dole wanted to irritate someone on the old BB (imagine that...) and talk in the third person, and it just seemed appropriate to pattern it after Bob Dole, who refers to Bob Dole in the third person. Bob Dole was previously "Sloat", and is "Sloat" in real life to a large number of people, since Bob Dole assumed "Morgan Sloat" way back in '88 when Bob Dole first got online and plays NTN as Sloat.

Until Bob Dole cut his hair, Bob Dole was called Diesel, and actually had kids ask for Diesel's autograph. A local high school kid actually had the entire school convinced that I was really the pro wrestler.

Good lord...no wonder Bob Dole is so warped.

CHIEF1
12-08-2000, 03:16 PM
Mine is from my devotion to the Chiefs, 'cuz I don't have red hair.

I luv 'smell the people'!

Joe Seahawk gives me the image of Snoopy in a Seahawks jersey w/ his sunglasses on.

rh :mad:
drifting in a sea of red...<BR>

Coogs
12-08-2000, 03:22 PM
Bob Dole - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that thought you looked like Kevin Nash aka Diesel. I think it's the eyes. I just never said anything about it cause I hate to admit that I watch wrestling.

--Shannon--

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-08-2000, 03:28 PM
Bob Dole doesn't know what it is, though the eyes thing is the usual reason given. Some adult men from Boston were in where Bob Dole worked 4 years ago and called Bob Dole Diesel about 5 minutes after they arrived. (Had hair still then, though.)

Bob Dole finds it humorous. (Also likes the fact that some little young thing came up to Bob Dole in a bar a few weeks ago and called Bob Dole "Big Sexy.")<BR>

TEX
12-08-2000, 03:30 PM
have a good weekend goofballs.

hope the chiefs don't p!$$ in our post toasties sunday...

bishop_74
12-08-2000, 03:58 PM
My mom and dad gave me mine.

DavidKC
12-08-2000, 04:07 PM
My User name is pretty obvious. I am bishop's girlfriend, but god only knows where he came up with his nickname. Normally his username on stuff is "The Dongster".

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-08-2000, 04:14 PM
"The Dongster?"

Bob Dole thinks perhaps Bishop is a little full of himself...

DavidKC
12-08-2000, 04:24 PM
Actually I named him that years ago when we were friends and it stuck http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-08-2000, 04:25 PM
Bob Dole doesn't think Bob Dole wants to know any more than that...

egonzo
12-08-2000, 04:32 PM
I'll win for most UNoriginal...My name is Steven Ray. Hence the Stevieray, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Thinking about using 65 Toss Power Trap....

Logical
12-08-2000, 04:36 PM
I am pretty BIG (and now a little older). Always liked young girls, so there you go.

Lurker Brett
12-08-2000, 04:55 PM
Though I left KC in the early 80s, my heart is always still there, and of course, the Chiefs main color is red.

Wrasse
12-08-2000, 04:57 PM
The greatest album ever put to vinyl....
"Revolver" by the Fab Four.

Mark

DavidKC
12-08-2000, 04:59 PM
Bob Dole-Actually it is not really perverted, it is more silly. It is from one of those silly 80's movies, "Sixteen Candles" I think. Long Duck Dong, The Dongster... "No more Yankie my wankie, the dongster needs food!!!" Two years later, Bishop still walks around the house saying that.

redfan
12-08-2000, 05:01 PM
Mine came from Micheal Madsen's character in Quentin Tarantino's "Reservior Dogs".

"Are you going to bark little doggie, or are you going to bite?"

Lightning Rod
12-08-2000, 05:05 PM
"Why do I gotta be Mr. Pink?"<P>

Chiefnj
12-08-2000, 05:53 PM
The "fra" part is from my last name. "zod" has its origins from my high school girlfriend, and a line spoken by General Zod, the villan from Superman II.

"Kneel before ZOD!"

I really don't think I need to delve into this one any further.... :D

------------------
Frazod

Have you had your Daley fix?

chief18
12-08-2000, 05:55 PM
Was at the craps table on a cruise ship one night and got on a 30-minute run. Needless to say, I became very popular. They found out I was from Idaho and before you knew it, I was Idahojim. Kind of stuck the rest of the cruise, and afterward with friends who were there.

It was a lucky nickname, so thought it might rub off on the Chiefs. Hasn't yet. But give it another 30 years and it might.

Gracie Dean
12-08-2000, 05:57 PM
Frazod -
I wish you hadn't just told us that. I won't be able to get that out of my head.

Chiefnj
12-08-2000, 06:01 PM
heh heh heh

Blame WisChief. He's the one who asked...

------------------
Frazod

Have you had your Daley fix?

redfan
12-08-2000, 06:24 PM
Disco,

I thought about Toby Wong, but I thought that may be too obscure.

Vortex Dweller
12-08-2000, 06:55 PM
KCCHIEFS is a gimmee- and ZOO with me, my wife and three daughters!

Gracie Dean
12-08-2000, 06:58 PM
frazod - that still blows me away.....

nmt1
12-08-2000, 07:18 PM
Blond, I would have SWORN your's was a Perfect Dark reference.

------------------
GO PITT!

nmt1
12-08-2000, 07:32 PM
Actually, in high school, my nicknames were "Tiny E." and later "Bus." Tiny E. came from my slicked back hair and sideburns and the Tiny Elvis SNL sketch. Bus came from my being a large RB. I think those are the only ones I've ever had. Pitt Gorilla seemed a more telling choice, though.

------------------
GO PITT!

Griese Fan
12-08-2000, 09:29 PM
I live in Lompoc, Ca, home of the Braves, the name of the the local high school. Seemed appropriate for a Chief fan.
Although, I still wish that Kyle could help me figure out what happened with my original registered name, which I now sign off with. Pretty easy to figure out how I came up with that.
the milkman
still having an identity crisis

j molina
12-08-2000, 11:43 PM
D--First initial
J(ay)--second initial
2--Girlfriend's birthday (10-2-79)
3--My birthday (10-3-77)

Ironically 23 is also my favorite number (Big Michael Jordan fan in the day)

DaveC
12-09-2000, 01:19 PM
See if you can guess where mine came from!!

Some of these are pretty good, some are so-so. That's probably where I fit.

(My wife is a R8er_lover makes this years game days with oakland kind of raunchy)

BigChiefsFan
12-09-2000, 02:04 PM
Mark--first name
M--middle inital

Inventive, eh?

My nickname in my fraternity was "Romeo." I would date 3-4 girls at one time, only to have it inevitably blow up on me. Then I would do it again with the same results. Had a lot of fun for a while, though.

"Smell the people"--
When were you at SMSU?

MM
~~As boring as names get

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-09-2000).]

Moon§hiner
12-09-2000, 02:06 PM
Brock Landers was the lead character in "Boogie Nights".

Iowanian
12-09-2000, 03:23 PM
47 was my jersey # in college

mack is my dogs name....he is a chiefs fan and loves beer.

------------------
TWB

[This message has been edited by 47mack (edited 12-09-2000).]

elvislivesinkc
12-09-2000, 03:53 PM
gh4chiefs = Gary Hollis For(the)Chiefs.

I've been using this e-mail address for years now.

------------------
Gary

Devin Vierth
12-09-2000, 05:06 PM
Mine came from Denise, in one of my early days on the board I was having a huge row and settled into pointing out everything she said that was not logical. I followed her from thread to thread pointing out inconsistencies. First she took to calling me Borg, then Spock and finally I believe Mr. Logical because I was too passionate in my beliefs to be vulcan. I got kicked off the BB because some vulgar troll came up with a signon that was evidently indistinguishable from my "jerey". I resigned up under Logical and have kept it since then.

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-09-2000).]

Coogs
12-09-2000, 05:54 PM
Mark - I was at SMSU from 97-99. Fun times. :D

--Shannon--

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-09-2000, 06:00 PM
Bob Dole was drunk at Drury from 81-82 and SMSU from 83-84 and thought Springfield was a blast. (Well, except when it snowed and they had to call in the National Guard because they had no snow removal equipment.)

Chiefaholic
12-09-2000, 07:29 PM
I dunno. I hadn't thought about it till I was confronted with the space to fill one in. Maybe I have a latent dissatisfaction with the way I look. I'll have to ask my shrink where my user name came from.

Griese Fan
12-09-2000, 08:04 PM
UD,
I would guess that it's deeper than that. Like knowing subconsciencly that being a Raider fan is really an ugly thing.
the milkman
just trying to help

[This message has been edited by Lompoc Brave (edited 12-09-2000).]

KCWolfman
12-09-2000, 08:47 PM
Mine comes from a conversation I was having with a Ravens fan on the Baltimore Sun BB. When I was telling him that I was a Chiefs Fan and just was here because the Army had moved me yet again away further from Missouri, he said, "Man, you have obviously been misplaced."

Somehow, it stuck and when we moved to a Ravens Board, vice the Suns BB (not unlike how the Chiefs Planet board came about), I took Misplaced Chiefs Fan for my user name, and carried it over here.

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

ROYC75
12-09-2000, 09:33 PM
Mine comes from my profession. I am a telecommunications engineer. I am constantly traveling from major city to major city engineer installations of telephone equipment. So Chief fan on the road.

Dave Lane
12-09-2000, 09:48 PM
I chose my ID on the KC star board as well as most of my ISP login's and email addresses a couple of years ago during Keyon Dooling's freshman year at Mizzou. I thought about changing my id after he went pro this year, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing all of my id's & email addresses.

http://sites.netscape.net/mizzoudoolingfan/Mizzou/dooling11500.jpg

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 12-09-2000).]

Chiefaholic
12-09-2000, 09:50 PM
Gee, thanks, Lompoc! I think.....

AustinChief
12-09-2000, 09:55 PM
I was fascinated with the old 30's and 40's horror genre (I still cant think of anything better than Plan 9 From Outer Space after a couple of Heinekins). When we dropped the Indian for the Wolf, it was natural to pick up Lon Chaney Jr's role as my moniker.

AustinChief
12-09-2000, 10:03 PM
I just went back and read everyone's... Shannon by far is the oddest, sounds like a ending line in a Fellini movie.....

*The tears roll down the clown's eye, he looks to his lover who is dressed like a peacock and he says, "My Love, just smell the people". Pan out to the rock on the shore being slowly wore down by the tide*

egonzo
12-09-2000, 10:04 PM
Russ, do you remember the models they made of those characters? Creature, Frank, Dracula, etc.? My cousin had those and painted them lifelike...They were awesome. Thanks for the memory... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

KCWolfman
12-09-2000, 10:21 PM
Stevieray,

Remember that Vampirella model. That's something I'd love to (affordably) get my hands on as a Christmas present for a friend of mine.

He's doing a new comic in the old Eerie/Vampirella/Creepy format and he's auditioned a couple of times to write Vampirella for Harris. I keep hoping he'll get it, certainly couldn't do much worse than the guy writing it now.... <sigh>

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

AustinChief
12-09-2000, 10:54 PM
Stevie - 10 Years ago, I would have been ashamed to admit ownership of them.... Now I wish I still had them. I thought I was so original to put a little red on the Wolfman's Teeth.

*also owned lots of planet of the apes memorabilia*

DoubleWannaB
12-10-2000, 10:05 AM
Well, my name is actually stolen from the immortal movie... Aliens. I frequently use it when I am gaming on line. I hav to add my birthyear to the end of it because someone ALWAYS uses my friggin name. Love...Peace... and Orange Juice.

Chief Nathan
12-10-2000, 10:16 AM
JL80 is just my first initial and last name. The name is Joe Leighty pronounced (Leck-tee) but as you can see it is spelled like the number 80 with an L in front of it.

BroncoFan
12-10-2000, 12:37 PM
Humm,
Well Mine was originaly "Wyoming transplant" "JOhn Edwards" Well The JOhn on my name kinda stuck, especially as alot of people found it annoying, so I kept it.

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-10-2000, 09:04 PM
Mine comes from, obviously, my hatred of the chokeland faiduhs. The reason I spell hader the way I do is because when I was little, I thought that was the way people said it. I thought they said it like that because it kinda rhymes. But since I have started spelling that way, I have been catching flak from all kinds of people. My Mom thought she had failed in teaching me how to spell correctly. Now I wish I could change it so I could get everyone off of my back. Uh, if anyone out there can do that without taking away my regular status, I would be extremely grateful. :D

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

KCTitus
12-10-2000, 09:46 PM
Bwana = Great White Hunter. I hunt...A LOT and I'm into guns. The Dean started calling me Bwana my 2nd year in high school because a few good friends and I couldn't seem to make it to 5th and 6th period because we were always out hunting in the fall. The name stuck through college.

Ecto-I
12-10-2000, 11:57 PM
umm . . . its long for C.R. Pants

"How about those red pants?!"

I registered with da Planet (originally as Chief_Red_Pants) on the day the red pants were debuted @Denver Sept 24th (then I realized you don't have to have underscores in your user name)

I discovered da Planet via kc.com Chiefs board, someone posted the hyperlink . . . thank God.

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

Chiefaholic
12-11-2000, 02:21 AM
Hey Wolfman - another Plan 9 fan! I've loved that movie since I was a kid. It won the award for the Worst Movie Ever Made. It defines the phrase "so bad its good".

"Home? I haf no home! I'm going to build a race of atomic super-humans and take over the world!"

Touchdown Ted
12-11-2000, 07:09 AM
First run ever into NYC,3am,raining like a mother****er,and I took the wrong exit off the BQE. My trailer was 13'6" high.....unfortunatly the 12' sign (for the FAST approaching underpass)was laying on the ground and I spotted it about 20' too late.

bkkcoh
12-11-2000, 08:46 AM
It's plagerized from the movie "Shakes the Clown".
How I ended up with it is a long and boring story.<P>

AustinChief
12-11-2000, 11:27 AM
Duck - SOme of my favorite lines are:

"A murder. And someone's behind it" Great line, think about it.....

"Can you prove this DIDN'T happen?" Yet another ultimate campy line

"You see? You see? Your stupid minds. Stupid! STUPID!" LMAO

and

"....based on secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived the terrifying ordeal." Could someone please find a way to add one more adjective to the sentence?

The original Title was "Grave Robbers from Outer Space", but I think that "Plan 9...." makes it even more deliciously bad.