PDA

View Full Version : Who is using DVD Shrink? I'm having a problem with it...

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2005, 03:24 PM
I have been using DVD Shrink to back-up my DVDs. Recently, I've started getting an error that reads:

DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue

Copy Protection Error

The request could not be performed because of an I/0 device error.

WTF?

Michael Michigan
03-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I was in the pool!

blsilks
03-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Are you burning from a REAL dvd or are you using some outback ghetto image that you downloaded from some torrent site?

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Are you burning from a REAL dvd or are you using some outback ghetto image that you downloaded from some torrent site?I'm copying an actual purchased DVD. I've been doing this for more than a year now...

laser1972
03-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Some Dvd's can'y be copied with DVD shrink w/o using DVD decrypter first to read the video files, then dvd shrink can burn them.... Had a few come my way like that (The Grudge, etc)... Damn MPAA making it harder and harder for me to backup (cough, cough) my dvd collection...

Your welcome....

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Some Dvd's can'y be copied with DVD shrink w/o using DVD decrypter first to read the video files, then dvd shrink can burn them.... Had a few come my way like that (The Grudge, etc)... Damn MPAA making it harder and harder for me to backup (cough, cough) my dvd collection...

Your welcome....Maybe thats what it is. Shrink may not be able to decode it...

elvomito
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
re: apocalypse is one where they put new protected sectors in the disc, making it harder rip.
using dvddecrypter then dvd2one is the best method period

Tuckdaddy
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
http://www.slysoft.com/en/
Go here and get the anydvd program. It will cut through all copy protection. That same error popped up on me a year ago on three different movies. This product attaches itself to shrink and puts a cute little fox on your desktop. 300 dvd's later I have never had that problem again. There is a free 21 day trial, after that there is a $40.00 one time fee to get a code key.

Count Zarth
03-12-2005, 03:54 PM
dvd x copy platinum will get past copy protection, too.

KCWolfman
03-12-2005, 05:44 PM
dvd x copy platinum will get past copy protection, too.
Only if you have the release version prior to a year ago.

The ruling against them changed all that.

He needs to check and see if there is a firmware update for his DVD drive. That usually handles the problem. I noted the same issue about 2 weeks ago and found out my DVD Drive was on the "M" release and the most current release was "U". Since updating the drive, I have not received the error once.

Count Zarth
03-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Only if you have the release version prior to a year ago.

The ruling against them changed all that.

It can be acquired easily enough. :D

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2005, 06:50 PM
It can be acquired easily enough. :DI tried that. I could never get any of the cracks to work...
:cuss:

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Go here and get the anydvd program. It will cut through all copy protection. That same error popped up on me a year ago on three different movies. This product attaches itself to shrink and puts a cute little fox on your desktop. 300 dvd's later I have never had that problem again. There is a free 21 day trial, after that there is a $40.00 one time fee to get a code key.That worked great. Thanks. Shrink needs to upgrade their software...

KCWolfman
03-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I tried that. I could never get any of the cracks to work...
:cuss:
You probably got a ton of spyware for your efforts as well.

Before you shell out that 40.00, I advise you to try and update the firmware on your burner. That may resolve the issue.

dirk digler
03-13-2005, 08:53 AM

Before you shell out that 40.00, I advise you to try and update the firmware on your burner. That may resolve the issue.

I agree and don't shell out $40 when you can get DVD Decryptor for free.

Also just for everyone to know there will be no more updates for DVD Shrink. The owner announced on the forums that the development of DVD Shrink has ended. He also at this time is not going to release the source code for Shrink either.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=44931

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2005, 09:34 AM

Before you shell out that 40.00, I advise you to try and update the firmware on your burner. That may resolve the issue.I was going to try that, but this burner is more than a year old and I can't remember the brand name. Besides, I plan on upgrading to a DL soon...

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I agree and don't shell out $40 when you can get DVD Decryptor for free.
I've tried decrypter. I can't use it. I'm completely retarded when it comes to software. What I mean is, after I ripped a DVD with it, I couldn't figure what to do with it. Thats why I used Shrink. It does everything for you...

htismaqe
03-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Go here and get the anydvd program. It will cut through all copy protection. That same error popped up on me a year ago on three different movies. This product attaches itself to shrink and puts a cute little fox on your desktop. 300 dvd's later I have never had that problem again. There is a free 21 day trial, after that there is a $40.00 one time fee to get a code key.

That's what I use.

dirk digler
03-13-2005, 11:07 AM
I've tried decrypter. I can't use it. I'm completely retarded when it comes to software. What I mean is, after I ripped a DVD with it, I couldn't figure what to do with it. Thats why I used Shrink. It does everything for you...

Basically you rip the file to your hard drive and then you can use DVD Shrink to make it fit on a DVD. You use the File Mode and you choose where you want to rip the DVD. Then you open up Shrink and point to where your ripped your DVD to and it will shrink it.

Decryptor doesn't shrink your file it just makes a exact copy of it.

Now if you have a D/L Drive and D/L Disk you can make an exact copy of the disk with Decryptor without compression but D/L disks are still expensive.

The MPAA is going to start using different encryption soon I have a feeling which will make DVD Shrink not be able to decrypt the DVD that is why I suggest DVD Decryptor for the ones that Shrink won't decrypt. It is going to be around for a while.

KCWolfman
03-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I was going to try that, but this burner is more than a year old and I can't remember the brand name. Besides, I plan on upgrading to a DL soon...
You don't need the brandname. Go to Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, and click on the plus sign (+) in front of the DVD/CR-Rom drives, the stock number should appear. For example, I have a BENQ DVD DD DW1620 as my secondary burner. I got that info directly from what I quoted above.

ChiefsFanatic
03-25-2005, 03:08 AM
use anydvd or there is a freeware program called dvd43free that remove the protections.

But that would be illegal.....

BigMeatballDave
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
DVD decryptor sucks giant balls. It doesn't remove copy protection like it says. AnyDVD works great!

elvomito
04-01-2005, 01:32 PM
BigChiefDave you're wrong buddy.
Over 400 different DVDs ripped with dvddecrypter and copied.
no problems, except resident evil 2, which was fixed very quick.

BigMeatballDave
04-02-2005, 02:53 AM
BigChiefDave you're wrong buddy.
Over 400 different DVDs ripped with dvddecrypter and copied.
no problems, except resident evil 2, which was fixed very quick.
Well, my version is shit. Its not removing copy protection. Pure junk. I've just discovered DVD43, thanks to ChiefsFanatic. I use it with Shrink.