PDA

View Full Version : HAAAAR! HAR! Condi "MILDLY" Pro-Choice! HAR! HAAR! HAAAAAAR!

Taco John
03-12-2005, 10:10 PM
ROFL

Oh sweet Jesus! That's the best news I could ever get... She's a nice enough gal and all, but I think she'd make a terrible President. Her stance on abortion just sunk her.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050311-115948-2015r.htm

|Zach|
03-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Mildly...interesting.

I heard she was a huge football fan.

FloridaChief
03-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Mildly...interesting.

I heard she was a huge football fan.

Rabid Browns fan, from what I hear...

|Zach|
03-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Rabid Browns fan, from what I hear...
Thats pretty cool.

FloridaChief
03-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Thats pretty cool.

I think she once said that her dream job would be Commissioner of the NFL...

Mr. Kotter
03-12-2005, 11:00 PM
TJ, she says she's not interested. She's been a lifetime bureaucrat. Did your read her quotes?

She has no interest. The point is moot. Her position on abortion is irrelevant, as Sec of State....and to her future generally. I could see her DRAFTED to be VP, but I believe her when she says she's not interested: why should she be?

Chill, TJ. :shrug:

Taco John
03-13-2005, 02:00 AM
TJ, she says she's not interested. She's been a lifetime bureaucrat. Did your read her quotes?

She has no interest. The point is moot. Her position on abortion is irrelevant, as Sec of State....and to her future generally. I could see her DRAFTED to be VP, but I believe her when she says she's not interested: why should she be?

Chill, TJ. :shrug:

You've learned the talking points and propaganda well. Heh. :thumb:

DenverChief
03-13-2005, 02:02 AM
You've learned the talking points and propaganda well. Heh. :thumb:
ROFL

whoman69
03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Don't bother printing up those bumper stickers. She'd never get the nomination.

SBK
03-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't think she'll win any nominiations, but could her "mild pro choice" stance be by saying she doesn't think the gov't should force it's views isn't as pro choice as the Washington times likes to think?

Personally I think that she means that the issue should be brought to a vote, and the will of the people should decide....

DanT
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM

Miss Rice said abortion should be "as rare a circumstance as possible," although without excessive government intervention. "We should not have the federal government in a position where it is forcing its views on one side or the other.
"So, for instance, I've tended to agree with those who do not favor federal funding for abortion, because I believe that those who hold a strong moral view on the other side should not be forced to fund it."

That's how I feel. Whatever one thinks about abortion, how is it fair to make those who find it morally outrageous to pay for it? Making taxpayers pay for abortions is even more wrong than making them pay for elective wars against countries on the other side of the globe that aren't a imminent threat. Paying for other peoples' abortions ought to be strictly voluntary.

Taco John
03-13-2005, 07:22 PM

That's how I feel. Whatever one thinks about abortion, how is it fair to make those who find it morally outrageous to pay for it? Making taxpayers pay for abortions is even more wrong than making them pay for elective wars against countries on the other side of the globe that aren't a imminent threat. Paying for other peoples' abortions ought to be strictly voluntary.

I'll tell you what, I'm in agreement with her stance... I think she's got a very moderate stance on it. But having a moderate stance on abortion is a good way *not* to get the Republican nomination. Why do you think Bush changed his stance?

Cochise
03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I often wonder why one side laughs at the other's litmus tests when they just require the opposite color.

jspchief
03-13-2005, 09:56 PM
I thought it was kind of refreshing to hear someone in politics that didn't blindly toe the party line.

This country would be a much better place if we could get more politicians that didn't see things in strictly donkey or elephant.

Taco John
03-14-2005, 12:56 AM
"Mildly" pro choice is refreshing!?

That's interesting, because we just learned that having nuanced positions is the biggest sin a politician can make.

Taco John
03-14-2005, 01:08 AM
I often wonder why one side laughs at the other's litmus tests when they just require the opposite color.

I think it's funny because I don't want Condi as President. She was in over her head as National Security Advisor, and President isn't going to be any better. Maybe in 8 years it'll be a different story.

jspchief
03-14-2005, 08:52 AM
I think it's funny because I don't want Condi as President. She was in over her head as National Security Advisor, and President isn't going to be any better. Maybe in 8 years it'll be a different story.

I don't think you have to worry about that. We're a long way from having a woman president or a black president. A combination of the two doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.....

Cochise
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
She was in over her head as National Security Advisor, and President isn't going to be any better.

Thank you, o guru of national security, seer of the classified, omnipotent internet message board Donkey Lhama

BigMeatballDave
03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Thank you, o guru of national security, seer of the classified, omnipotent internet message board Donkey Lhama
ROFL

beavis
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it's good to know that some dumbass donk disapproves of the job she did. I bet she's quaking in her boots thinking about the pull he has with the gay community.

Cochise
03-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, it's good to know that some dumbass donk disapproves of the job she did. I bet she's quaking in her boots thinking about the pull he has with the gay community.

I was alluding to the fact that some joker on an internet message board feels qualified to evaluate the job a national security advisor has done. It would be like at my job if they had the janitors doing the engineers' performance reviews.

Taco John
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Here's a tip for the Janitors doing the performance reviews for the engineers... If the boiler blows up and slaughters everyone in the lunchroom, someone wasn't doing their job. Lets not promote them to Principal.

wazu
03-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Here's a tip for the Janitors doing the performance reviews for the engineers... If the boiler blows up and slaughters everyone in the lunchroom, someone wasn't doing their job. Lets not promote them to Principal.

Principal? Do the fictional engineers you speak of work in a grade school?

Rausch
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
ROFL

Oh sweet Jesus! That's the best news I could ever get... She's a nice enough gal and all, but I think she'd make a terrible President. Her stance on abortion just sunk her.

Funny, that's all the more reason for me TO vote for her...

Rausch
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
I think it's funny because I don't want Condi as President. She was in over her head as National Security Advisor, and President isn't going to be any better.

That's got to be sarcasm. She's been an amazing NSA...