PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rain Man

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I had this little guy on my hard drive for some time and forgot all about him.
http://img110.exs.cx/img110/3320/minirainman7lo.gif
I'm not sure if he's drunk, dancing or both.

Either way, he now belongs to you.

Take care of the little feller. *sniff sniff*

- 4th
neglected his parental duties.

Rain Man
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Excellent. He can join the Rain Man family of animated stick figures.

I think he's dancing, because that's one of my moves.

Bwana
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Hmmmm? That looks more like the Endelt stickman.

Gaz
03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I have a question on etiquette:

If I see a “Hey Rain Man” thread and I am not Rain Man, should I respect Rain Man’s turf and stay away or is the very act of posting on a public BB an invitation to intrude?

xoxo~
Gaz
Unschooled in proper airs and graces.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2005, 05:19 PM

If I see a “Hey Rain Man” thread and I am not Rain Man, should I respect Rain Man’s turf and stay away or is the very act of posting on a public BB an invitation to intrude?

xoxo~
Gaz

Look out, Gaz. You've pissed Rain Man off for sure now.

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 05:20 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

It's kind of like looking into the fridge at work and seeing someone elses name on a lunch sack. You can look at it, look in it or even leave your own note on it. Just dont mess with the contents.

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I ofter ponder why I always click on "Hey So-and-so" threads that are not addressed to me. I guess I'm just nosy.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2005, 05:24 PM
I ofter ponder why I always click on "Hey So-and-so" threads that are not addressed to me. I guess I'm just nosy.

You ass. Get out of here.

Gaz
03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Look out, Gaz. You've pissed Rain Man off for sure now.

I tremble.

I quake in abject fear and terror.

xoxo~
Gaz
May have soiled his pants.

Rain Man
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
I hope that no one looks at this stuff. I just posted my financials to apply for a home equity loan over on the Wells Fargo bulletin board.

Rausch
03-13-2005, 05:34 PM

No, this is the Endelt stick figure...

Frazod
03-13-2005, 05:36 PM

An ENDelt stickman would be standing next to "O" woman. :D

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 05:41 PM
No, this is the Endelt stick figure...I thought it would be something more like this:

chiefs4me
03-13-2005, 05:55 PM
4th that little stick man is adorable.....;)

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:23 PM
4th that little stick man is adorable.....;)
What are, "Things you don't want to hear on date?"

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
What are, "Things you don't want to hear on date?"...but are doomed to, unless you keep it in your pants.

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
...but are doomed to, unless you keep it in your pants.
Says the man known in certain circles as "needle dick keg, the bug f*cker."

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Says the man known in certain circles as "needle dick keg, the bug f*cker."Not your best effort there, 4th. Try again?

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Not your best effort there, 4th. Try again?
Sorry. I'm trying to cram for a test that involves my job. My wit is on the back burner.

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Good luck with that. Tests suck.

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Good luck with that. Test's suck.
Thanks and this test sucks beyond belief. Some of the stuff I already know. Some of it has ZERO to do with my job but I'm expected to know it anyway. For example, and this is just one page from hundreds of pages I'm studying:

The Federal Food and Drug Act (1906)

The deplorable conditions in many stockyards and meat processing plants lead to this 1906 legislation. It concerns itself with the purity of the products in our marketplace. It may be gross, but investigators of the day showed meatpackers who would not pull rats and other contaminants from the meat product they were processing. What the act demanded was, if the label said "Beef", it had better be "Beef". If it was not beef, but say lamb, the product would be termed misbranded. Meaning, what it says it is; it "aint!" If contamination was found, let's say perhaps it wasn't 100% beef but contained a little rat "by product", it would be called adulterated. It wasn't pure.

A 1912 Amendment to the Act also required manufacturers and distributors to provide scientific evidence for the claims they made on their products. This was to address the myriad of home brewed "cure-alls" on the market at that time. Claims to "cure cancer", and others, were common on products at that time.

The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA) (1938)

This legislation replaced the 1906 Federal Food and Drug Act. The Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA) brought with it two major improvements over the 1906 Act. First, there was a clarification and expansion of what constituted misbranding and adulteration.

Secondly, the FDCA now stated that before a drug could be brought to market, it must have been demonstrated to be safe for the use of which it is marketed. The agency responsible for this certification is the Food and Drug Administration.

Amendments to the FDCA

There have been several Amendments to the FDCA since it's inception. An Amendment does not replace the original Act, it only adds to it. You should be aware of the following three Amendments to the FDCA:

The Durham-Humphrey Amendment (1951)

In 1951, the Durham-Humphrey Amendment was passed in response to the knowledge that drug products could not be used safely without complete instructions for their use. It required that those instructions be printed clearly on the manufacturer's label. Even then, many drug products were unsafe unless they were used under direct medical supervision. No amount of instructions on the label could make the product safe for routine use by consumers. Durham-Humphrey created a new class for these drugs - legend drugs. These are what we know as prescription drugs. Since these drugs would not be used by consumers without supervision, the Amendment also exempted the legend drugs from having printed directions on the bottle. Originally, the legend drugs were marked with a warning that stated, "Caution: Federal law prohibits dispensing without a prescription". Currently, that requirement has been changed to reflect the shorter warning of, "Rx only" printed on the bottles.

The Kefauver-Harris Amendment (1962)

This Amendment added several new requirements to the previous legislation. For the first time, proof of effectiveness, as well as safety, was required before a new drug went to market. Manufacturing processes also became regulated under the misbranding laws, and prescription drug advertising became regulated by the FDA.

The Medical Device Amendment (1976)

Under the Medical Device Amendment, manufacturers of certain medical devices were also required to get pre-market approval from the FDA. This Amendment did not affect prescription drugs.

Laws Concerning Controlled Substances

The first attempts at controlling narcotics came from the illegal distribution of Opium. There came to be a realization that the negative side of certain medications could be quite severe. Addiction became apparent in the case of narcotics, and Congress sought to place controls on it's availability and distribution. The following legislation reflects the process which has brought us to the system we have today.

The Harrison Narcotic Act (1916)

In an attempt to control illegal narcotic trafficking, The Harrison Act employed taxation as a weapon. Following the Act, all narcotics sold legally were to have "tax stamps", much like cigarettes have today. If a product was found without tax stamps, it was subject to seizure.

The Drug Abuse Control Amendment (DACA) (1965)

This Amendment expands Harrison to include barbiturates and stimulant drugs. Also, no longer was the enforcement via a tax levy, now it was based on Congress' ability to regulate interstate commerce. No more stamps.

The Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (1968)

In 1968, the Harrison Act and the DACA were combined under the jurisdiction of the newly formed Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. In 1973, The bureau was renamed to The Drug Enforcement Administration.

The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act (CSA) (1970)

This was the last major change in controlled drug legislation. It is also known as the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). The CSA repealed and replaced Harrison and DACA, but like DACA it relied on Congress' regulation of interstate trade for its power. The new approach of the CSA depends on record keeping and registration requirements of sufficient detail to be able to track transactions between manufacturers, suppliers, practitioners, and consumers. The concept of the DEA number originated with the CSA.

The Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA) (1970)

The Poison Prevention Packaging Act was intended to decrease accidental poisonings from prescription medications. It requires locking caps on all prescriptions dispensed from the pharmacy with only three exceptions. First, when a patient asks for a non-safety lid. Second, when a prescriber asks for a non-safety lid. And third, when the drug dispensed is an exempted drug. (ie, sublingual nitroglycerin or sublingual isosorbide)

The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act is outdated and no longer used yet, they want me to know everything aboout it. Ugh! My brain is mush.

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I got a headache just scrolling over that. Probably why I'll never have a career. All that...bookwork.

Again, good luck. Like life and work isn't pressure enough without tests.

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I got a headache just scrolling over that. Probably why I'll never have a career. All that...bookwork.
Never have a career? :spock: Care to explain that in more detail?

keg in kc
03-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Never have a career? Care to explain that in more detail?Nope, no reason to. Long, boring topic.

4th and Long
03-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Nope, no reason to. Long, boring topic.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay

C-Mac
03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Well since were in the spirit of giving, here one you probably have, but...

whoman69
03-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Looks like he's tap dancing. I think its stick Gregory Hines.

Stinger
03-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Well since were in the spirit of giving, here one you probably have, but...Hehe came across this one.

Rainman before he made it big. Hey, he had to pay the bills somehow. Get those dollar bills ready ladies and gents (NTTAWWT). ROFL

AustinChief
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Here ya go Rain Man.. another for ya...

http://www.naptime.org/hula.gif

Rain Man
03-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Ooh, cool. These are all going into my inventory. Can anyone downsize austinchief's to an avatar size? And maybe figure out what stinger's is, since it's redexed for me?

Stinger
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Ooh, cool. These are all going into my inventory. Can anyone downsize austinchief's to an avatar size? And maybe figure out what stinger's is, since it's redexed for me?

:)

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Can anyone downsize austinchief's to an avatar size?
Done.
http://img165.exs.cx/img165/5306/hula4bc.gif
Enjoy that one, hula boy. :D

Rain Man
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
At the risk of sounding greedy, can you do stinger's too?

Rep on its way.

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 07:43 PM
At the risk of sounding greedy, can you do stinger's too?

Rep on its way.
Yes master. Your wish is my command. I hear and I obey.

keg in kc
03-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Yes master. Your wish is my command. I hear and I obey.You sound like a married couple. And he's the wife.

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 07:47 PM
You sound like a married couple. And he's the wife.
Shut up and get me a beer! :p

keg in kc
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Shut up and get me a beer!Judging by my experience, the proper reply to that from wife to husband would be "get it yourself you fat piece of shit".

Rain Man
03-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Keg obviously doesn't recognizes the nuances of a good royalty-butler relationship.

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Judging by my experience, the proper reply to that from wife to husband would be "get it yourself you fat piece of shit".
*gets up grumbling and gets his own beer while muttering under his breath* bitch

keg in kc
03-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Keg obviously doesn't recognizes the nuances of a good royalty-butler relationship.Like you'd have a butler and not a maid. A french maid.

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Keg obviously doesn't recognizes the nuances of a good royalty-butler relationship.
Very good, sir.

- Jeeves

4th and Long
03-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Like you'd have a butler and not a maid. A french maid.
Rain Man doesn't strike me as the type to have a maid with hairy arm pits.

keg in kc
03-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Rain Man doesn't strike me as the type to have a maid with hairy arm pits.He's got you...servicing him...

Rain Man
03-14-2005, 07:56 PM
No household should be without a French maid. I highly recommend it. However, I must assert that Brazilian au pairs are much more affordable and often provide the same services.

keg in kc
03-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Oooh, Brazilian. I like Brazilian.