03-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Close game. :hmmm:

KCFalcon59
Choke time

:shake: :shake:

beer bacon
I am a diehard Mizzou fan, but we deserve to lose this game. They are really a bunch of ****ing idiots. Good job taking all the three point shots you morons.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I laugh at the NIT for inviting Missouri, once again.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
DePaul Blue Demons of the C-USA 75
Missouri Tigers 70

:rolleyes:

beer bacon
03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
In addition let me say, **** YOU GARDNER, BROWN, CONLEY, and MCKINNEY. I hope you all get herpes. If you already have herpes I hope you get super herpes.

petegz28
03-15-2005, 09:08 PM
MU has the same kind of defense as the Chiefs!

beer bacon
03-15-2005, 09:09 PM
MU has the same kind of defense as the Chiefs!

Mizzou actually has pretty good defense. They suck at shooting threes, but still take way too many of them. They also turn it over a lot.

Pants
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Mizzou actually has pretty good defense. They suck at shooting threes, but still take way too many of them. They also turn it over a lot.

They were draining 3's when playing KU.

Frazod
The pain is over. Rotten bastards. :shake:

Spicy McHaggis
I watched the 2nd half. That Diener kid stuck it to the Tigers, sealed the game with that tip-in right in front of Kleiza. Mizzou's out of the NIT somewhere they shouldn't have been anyway.

OmahaChief
Mizzou has to be the worst coached and most undisciplined team in America. I would still rather be a Tiger then a freakin Chickenhawk.

petegz28
03-15-2005, 09:12 PM

Shit MU hasn't stopped anyone from scoring since 9 minutes left to go of the OU game!

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
The pain is over. Rotten bastards. :shake:
They deserve more. Much more. Bah..this only makes it worse.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Mizzou has to be the worst coached and most undisciplined team in America. I would still rather be a Tiger then a freakin Chickenhawk.
Thats ok. You can settle for being a Miami fan. Did they make the NIT this year? I think they did.

Pants
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Thats ok. You can settle for being a Miami fan. Did they make the NIT this year? I think they did.

ROFL

Frazod
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
They deserve more. Much more. Bah..this only makes it worse.
Yep. There's just no point to it. We should all just crawl away now. :sulk:

Spott
03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Thank God this season is over. I used to think Clarence Gilbert had a bad shot selection until I saw this years team.

|Zach|
03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Nice to see all that is over...

I will be excited for next season though!

OmahaChief
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM

They did and lost tonight to South Carolina. I am a Mizzou fan as I went to school there though.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:17 PM
It looks like the Tigers have a decent young team. They will have to rely on Kleiza more to pound it in the inside, rather than have him taking poor 3 point shots.

IMO, their recruiting will suck. How many schollies did they lose to sanctions? Plus they can't recruit off campus. I think they will be a decent team for a couple years, but fall back down again, as they suffer from their sanctions.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
They did and lost tonight to South Carolina. I am a Mizzou fan as I went to school there though.
Double whammy then..congrats.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
DePaul Blue Demons of the C-USA 75
Missouri Tigers 70

:rolleyes:Hey, retard. DePaul was a hell of a lot closer getting an at-large bid in the NCAA tournament than Mizzou. You act like this is surprising.

C-USA put four teams into the NCAA tournament and five into the NIT. We had six in the Dance last year. We're hardly some horrible ****ing conference. At least, not until next year.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey, retard. DePaul was a hell of a lot closer getting an at-large bid in the NCAA tournament than Mizzou. You act like this is surprising.

C-USA put four teams into the NCAA tournament and five into the NIT. We're hardly some horrible ****ing conference. At least, not until next year.
Yeah. DePaul is pretty good. They made the NCAA's last year. C-USA is probably one of the best conferences outside the "cartel conferences" as you call them. Well, at least they will be for now.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah. DePaul is pretty good.Not really.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Better than Memphis.

Frazod
03-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Not really.

They were until they went into a Kansas-like tailspin at the end of the season.

Skip Towne
03-15-2005, 09:24 PM
The Murons flamed out in the first round of the NIT again. Hahahahahahahahaha What a program!!!!!

|Zach|
03-15-2005, 09:26 PM
The Murons flamed out in the first round of the NIT again. Hahahahahahahahaha What a program!!!!!
This is about a feeling the KU fans will get from the post season. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh well. There is a bright side for most MU fans.

DePaul is not Missouri State.

HC_Chief
03-15-2005, 09:31 PM
hehe
mu didn't deserve to be there anyway. 16-16 record? If not for the $ behind the university, no NIT. As it stands, at least you won your version of the NC: you defeated KU for the first time in what, four years? :D

duncan_idaho
03-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Saul -

they lose three shollies over the next two years, and can choose which year to lose two (it'll probably be next year, given the youth of this team). Not a big deal

The no recruiting ban ends Nov. 11 or something like that. Shouldn't be that big of an effect.

Also, if a player leaves early for Pro play (Ferguson?), they get one of the lost schollies back.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Better than Memphis.Not really.

We handed the Dienerbitches their asses and won by 13 points (and this was in January, when we were terrible... we were 10-9 going into that game). The game wasn't even that close.

We crushed the Dieners this year. Anthony Rice shut both of them down (well, he was shutting Travis down until Wiener broke his nose).

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Gotcha. I wasn't sure on the details. Either way, loss of schollies hurt.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Which is why we handed the Dienerbitches their asses with a 13-point win over them (and this was in January, when we were terrible... we were 10-9 going into that game)?
Of course..that might have been different if it were at DePaul. Heh, Dienerbitches. ROFL

Spott
03-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Damn. Where are all those KU threads where the KU fans say that it is below them to go onto MU threads and talk smack and that MU fans are the only ones that stoop to that level? Lousy non-working search function.

Frazod
03-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Damn. Where are all those KU threads where the KU fans say that it is below them to go onto MU threads and talk smack and that MU fans are the only ones that stoop to that level? Lousy non-working search function.

No need to bother for anyone who's been in this BB longer than a month.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Damn. Where are all those KU threads where the KU fans say that it is below them to go onto MU threads and talk smack and that MU fans are the only ones that stoop to that level? Lousy non-working search function.Yeah, they'd never stoop to gloating about a Mizzou loss in a Mizzou thread! ROFL

duncan_idaho
03-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, it'll hurt the depth a little... but here's next year's roster:

PG - Horton, SO; Laurie; Rs. SO
Wings: McKinney, SR; Gardner, JR; Brown, SO; Dandridge, SO; Matt Lawrence, FR (from 4a school in MO - nice shooter. think Lance Harris :) ; Keaton Grant, FR

Year after that:
PG - Horton, JR; Laurie; Rs. JR
Wings: Gardner, SR; Brown, JR; Dandridge, JR; Matt Lawrence, SO (from 4a school in MO - nice shooter. think Lance Harris :) ; Keaton Grant, SO

So basically all they should need over the next two years is one wing and one post guy...

CoMoChief
03-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I swear there are long range shooting genes in the Diener family.

CoMoChief
03-15-2005, 09:39 PM
30pts is a good game for the Diener kid.

Ultra Peanut
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I swear there are long range shooting genes in the Diener family.In addition to "annoying little twat" genes.

Spott
03-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Ah hell, we deserve the smack anyways. Quinn has really taken this program into the shitter. Norm left him with a pretty good recruiting class when he retired. Quin had some good talent come in his 1st year(Rush, Bryant, Paulding & Johnson) to go along with the incoming sophmore class of Dooling & Gilbert, but the recruits since then have sucked. Even if MU fired Quin, it would take a couple of years for the Quin recruit rejects to be replaced.

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Blah..I suppose I should rip in to MU one last time before football season starts. Probably a good thing none of the MU fans around here watch pingball.

Scoreboard. Congrats on beating Kansas, maybe you should hang a banner, if the Paige can support the weight of all of em. And finally, congrats on your bid to the NIT, for which you should not have even been.

:)

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it'll hurt the depth a little... but here's next year's roster:

PG - Horton, SO; Laurie; Rs. SO
Wings: McKinney, SR; Gardner, JR; Brown, SO; Dandridge, SO; Matt Lawrence, FR (from 4a school in MO - nice shooter. think Lance Harris :) ; Keaton Grant, FR

Year after that:
PG - Horton, JR; Laurie; Rs. JR
Wings: Gardner, SR; Brown, JR; Dandridge, JR; Matt Lawrence, SO (from 4a school in MO - nice shooter. think Lance Harris :) ; Keaton Grant, SO

So basically all they should need over the next two years is one wing and one post guy...

Where is Knollmeyer on that list? I'm not sold on Horton, either. Truthfully, I think he sucks.

Frazod
03-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Blah..I suppose I should rip in to MU one last time before football season starts. Probably a good thing none of the MU fans around here watch pingball.

Scoreboard. Congrats on beating Kansas, maybe you should hang a banner, if the Paige can support the weight of all of em. And finally, congrats on your bid to the NIT, for which you should not have even been.

You're a bitter little bitch, aren't you? It's rather amusing. :D

Saulbadguy
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM
You're a bitter little bitch, aren't you? It's rather amusing. :D
Yes..very. :)

Spott
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM

Congrats to KSU whose highlight of the season was beating a team that didn't even deserve to be in the NIT.

KcMizzou
03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Thank God this season is over. I used to think Clarence Gilbert had a bad shot selection until I saw this years team. Yeah... but now and then Clarence would get hot... and hit from f*cking anywhere. Mostly against Kansas. Which is why I remember him fondly...

The loss sucks but it's not surprising. It's nice to see all the Gay-U fans... who claim Mizzou isn't worthy of being called a rival... spent time to come and rub it in.

May your team shit it's drawers in the dance. ;) :toast:

Pitt Gorilla
03-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Lawrence is coming on an academic full ride. Criswell is rated as one of the top PFs in the country. We should be ok.

Pants
03-15-2005, 10:48 PM

Skip is a fan. And since he has seniority, he can say whatever he wants.

keg in kc
03-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow. How disappointing.

ChiefsCountry
03-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I wonder how Mizzou fans would react if KU or Illinois wins the NCAA, and Missouri State wins the NIT?

Pitt Gorilla
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I wonder how Mizzou fans would react if KU or Illinois wins the NCAA, and Missouri State wins the NIT?Illinois has a good shot, but I think UNC will take it all (I really do like Illinois' guards, though). As far as Missouri State, that would be good for the Missouri Valley Conference, as would a WSU win. Does that help?

|Zach|
03-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Skip is a fan. And since he has seniority he can say whatever he wants.
I don't know...he played that card with Eazy and you saw how that argument panned out.

Pants
03-16-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't know...he played that card with Eazy and you saw how that argument panned out.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Ari Chi3fs
03-16-2005, 12:40 AM
congrats on another stellar season.

|Zach|
03-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Skip and Eazyb went on and on about how the selectection people were or were not including all of the tourn. results into their decision this year. Skip went on and on about how he was a stupid noob and has watched big 8 ball since 1847.

Later on, tk13 heard a guy from ESPN talking about basically confirming Eazy's end in the matter.

No big deal but it gave me a few chuckles.

Dartgod
03-16-2005, 05:35 AM
Eh, who cares? We deserve it. Plus, it will be that much more enjoyable pooping on the Jayhawker's thread when they flame out in the big dance.

duncan_idaho
03-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Saul,
Knollmeyer is only a junior, so it'll be 2 years before he gets to MU... though I'm not sure how good he is going to be...

BUt then again, I didn't think Harris would amount to anything after watching him play high school ball, either. And I was definitely wrong there...

As for Horton... remember that this kid is less than a year removed from surgery on his shooting arm, which apparently has had a big effect on his shot. He has all the other skills (quickness, handles) ... I think he's going to be good. He was just asked to shoulder more of the load than he probably should have this year...

I'm really hoping Criswell is as good as advertised... then Young's worthless ass could be relegated to the bench, where he belongs.

ROYC75
03-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm not going to read this whole thing......

But props to MU on a fine season ........ :D

Saulbadguy
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Attendance: 5,997

:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
03-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Good game Tigers....better luck next year

eazyb81
03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Skip and Eazyb went on and on about how the selectection people were or were not including all of the tourn. results into their decision this year. Skip went on and on about how he was a stupid noob and has watched big 8 ball since 1847.

Later on, tk13 heard a guy from ESPN talking about basically confirming Eazy's end in the matter.

No big deal but it gave me a few chuckles.

Skip has watched over 50 years of Big 8 bball, so he is never wrong. Old guys can never be wrong. ROFL

Spott
03-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Skip has watched over 50 years of Big 8 bball, so he is never wrong. Old guys can never be wrong. ROFL

Found this link surfing the web. Not sure if this settles the debate for y'all.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/3445940

Which conference tournaments will keep the committee sweating until the end?

Six league championship games are played on Selection Sunday. Two involve the SWAC and Southland, whose winners likely will be shuffled in as 16 seeds. The others involve the big boys: the ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Big Ten.

These should affect seeding rather than the selection process, unless a surprise team ends up in one of the finals. The committee tries to develop contingency plans for every scenario. That didn't work out last season, however, when Bowlsby admitted the Big Ten and Big 12 games ended too late to be factored into the seeding process. Wisconsin, which beat Illinois in the Big Ten game, was upset with its No. 6 seed.