PDA

View Full Version : News from ESPN - Jets DE Abraham looks to shop around the NFL.

CoMoChief
03-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Word broke out on ESPN that Jets DE Abraham has cut off contact with the New York Jets and is expected to shop around other NFL teams.

Maybe the Chiefs can cut him a deal and then if we traded for Surtain and drafted Carlos Rogers or hopefully Pac Man Jones can fall to us (highly doubtful) then I think the Chiefs are in pretty good defensive shape.

CoMoChief
03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Though we also need (at least) one more OLB. Vermiel says we might loast Biesel and that leaves a hole on special teams.

Detoxing
03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
doubt it would happen....coaches are to high on hicks to cut him, and i doubt the stingy chiefs would pay him to be a back up

RINGLEADER
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Abraham is another dream FA that will probably end up at Denver or Oakland.

Stinger
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Word broke out on ESPN that Jets DE Abraham has cut off contact with the New York Jets and is expected to shop around other NFL teams.

Maybe the Chiefs can cut him a deal and then if we traded for Surtain and drafted Carlos Rogers or hopefully Pac Man Jones can fall to us (highly doubtful) then I think the Chiefs are in pretty good defensive shape.

Thought he was Franchise Tagged???

ct
03-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Abraham is gonna comman major coin, plus trade compensation no less than a 1st round pick, IMO. Would I love to have JA in R&G? HELL YES! But it won't happen.

ct
03-16-2005, 10:55 AM

He is, so the fact that contract negotiations have broken down, on the very day(I think) of the Franchise player contract deadline, is a bad sign for the JETS. Now they work a trade or wait until July, cause it sure sounds like he ain't signing the 1-year tender.

milkman
03-16-2005, 10:56 AM

I'm pretty sure you're right, which means he probably won't find a lot of interest, unless the Jets are willing to negotiate a compenstion that is less than the 2 #1 picks they would otherwise have to give up.

Wallcrawler
03-16-2005, 11:22 AM
The Jets are in the same boat that the Seattle Seahawks are.

Abraham wants (and deserves) a long term contract. He will most likely hold out if they dont deal him, so they will have to settle for what teams are willing to offer for him.

The two first round pick stipulation is ridiculous, and always has been. There arent any players in my book that are worth two first round picks.

jspchief
03-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Abraham sat out of the play-offs because he didn't want to risk injury and screw up his shot at big money this year.

I don't want a greedy POS like that.

Wallcrawler
03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Abraham sat out of the play-offs because he didn't want to risk injury and screw up his shot at big money this year.

I don't want a greedy POS like that.

Id much rather have a greedy POS sack machine on the end, than a lazy POS like Hicks who draws a check for doing absolutely nothing.

jspchief
03-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Id much rather have a greedy POS sack machine on the end, than a lazy POS like Hicks who draws a check for doing absolutely nothing.

Yea. Someone who's motivated by money...I'm sure he'll be stellar after he gets his payday. No thanks.

philfree
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM

Abraham plays RDE for the Jets so I don't know how he'd do as a LDE for the Chiefs.

PhilFree :arrow:

Chiefnj
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
There is a rumor that Abraham refused to sign the franchise contract. I don't know if that is true, or what implication it has. I think it means the Jets own him this year for nothing; he doesn't have to play but he won't get any money. Similar to what happened with Dan Williams.

ct
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
There is a rumor that Abraham refused to sign the franchise contract. I don't know if that is true, or what implication it has. I think it means the Jets own him this year for nothing; he doesn't have to play but he won't get any money. Similar to what happened with Dan Williams.

If nothing happens for the next 4 months, then yes, he'll be classified a holdout, even though he has no contract.

shaneo69
03-16-2005, 12:34 PM

It means that now Abraham can skip training camp, like what O. Pace and W. Jones have done the past 2-3 seasons.

After today, the Jets can't negotiate a long-term contract with him until just before training camp, or they'll lose their franchise tag for however long the contract is for.

shaneo69
03-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Abraham plays RDE for the Jets so I don't know how he'd do as a LDE for the Chiefs.

PhilFree :arrow:

We could just move Allen to LDE, just like we're moving Wesley to FS.

Marcellus
03-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Word is that JA is upset there is no sense of urgency to sign him to a long term contract. His agent said he's "miffed".

Meanwhile I am sure the Jets wer frustrated over JA's lack of urgency in returning for the playoffs last year. HE alo missed a playoff game against teh Raiders 2 years earlier with an upset stomach.

Most Jets fans are pi$$ed that they franchised him in the first place and want him gone.

He does not need to be a KC Chief, he has no heart.