PDA

View Full Version : Iranians In the Streets Burn Pics Of Mullahs and French Flags While Calling For Bush

RINGLEADER
03-16-2005, 11:21 AM
In news that's sure to put a scare into Dems everywhere...

Iran Press News: According to received reports from various cities in Iran, today which marks the first celebration of the Iranian New Year's Festival of Fire was met with celebrations as well as huge protests and demonstrations against the Islamic regime of Iran. The protestors chanted: "We need no Sheikh or Mullah, we curse YOU - RUHOLLAH!"

A report from Tehran: Young celebrants today set scarecrows in the likeness of various Mullahs, such as Khamenei, Rafsanjani, Khatami, Sharoudi, Jannati, etc. on fire in the streets. They cried out slogans such as: "Referendum, referendum, this is the people's dictum."

In various parts of the capitol, celebrations and parties rage on. As a part of this celebration which is held on the very last Tuesday night of the year, dry bundles of bramble and shrubbery are set on fire and people jump over them. This is in order to purge their spirits of all the sins and tribulations of the passing year, in order to start the new year, with a pure heart. This is an ancient Persian (Zoroastrian) tradition, one that the Mullahs have done their best to eradicate since their takeover in 1979.

An eyewitness reported that despite severe crackdowns by the Revolutionary Guards and storm troopers, people bravely came out of their homes to celebrate. The sound of bursting firecrackers (which is a part of the celebrations), fireworks, toy rockets, confetti and various other celebratory trajectiles can be heard all over Tehran and smoke has filled the streets.

In one of the grassy knolls, in a suburban area of Tehran, large bonfires were lit and people danced around it and continued chanting the various slogans in defiance of the Mullahs and their henchmen. It is reported that the local Mullahs in various areas of several areas have locked themselves in their mosques fearing the crowds who continually and collectively shout out their slogans.

In several other parts of Tehran, revolutionary guards who have blocked off roads in order to stop cars carrying passengers of various groups from joining others. However people have begun parking their cars and have joined their fellow celebrants on foot. The guards however have become frightened by the force of the people. In this specific area several non-Iranian journalists were also present with their film crews, reporting.

<B>In another area of the city people took to setting the French flag on fire while chanting: "Europe is finished and so are their Mullahs." OR "Bush, Bush, where is Bush?" (In Persian this rhymes: Bush, Bush, kush, kush!).</B>

Like last year's celebration, the brave women who also participating in the celebrations removed their headscarves, stomping and dancing.

In the town of Karaj, near Tehran, people chanted: "Death to Khamenei" as the brutal revolutionary forces took chains and batons to people, severly beating and injuring many.

In the Southern city of Ahvaaz, on the Iran/Iraq border and the surrounding townships celebrants also came out in droves, confronting the regime's thugs. In the Shi'ite holy city of Mash'had, the city closest to the border of Afghanistan, where anti-regime and anti-Mullah fervour has always been most impressive, large groups of celebrants were arrested and detained.

http://www.iranpressnews.com/english/source/003897.html

Donger
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
bursting firecrackers (which is a part of the celebrations), fireworks, toy rockets, confetti and various other celebratory trajectiles

I wonder if anyone is providing them with the R rated versions of those toys.

SBK
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Hopefully the people can overthrow the Mullahs, especially cause those wackos are wanting to destroy us.

Waiting for a report on the evening news tonight...haha.

Cannibal
03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Good for them, maybe they will rise up overflow the Mullahs and gain independence without a single US solder setting foot on Iranian soil, or a single US dollar funding the effort. Which is what should've happened in Iraq.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 11:34 AM
the cliche police would arrest someone for saying this but... is freedom on the march?

It's remarkable that people are protesting for a vote in Iran, Lebanon, and Iraq is a day into it's first legislative session in 50 years with an elected government, since we did so much to destabilize the region, ruin the peaceful balance that previously existed, and rally Muslims all over the ME to hate America and democracy.

Donger
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
the cliche police would arrest someone for saying this but... is freedom on the march?

It's remarkable that people are protesting for a vote in Iran, Lebanon, and Iraq is a day into it's first legislative session in 50 years with an elected government, since we did so much to destabilize the region, ruin the peaceful balance that previously existed, and rally Muslims all over the ME to hate America and democracy.

No.

"Bush lied. People died." Oh, and Iraq is a "quagmire."

SBK
03-16-2005, 11:39 AM

We did destablize the ME. Too bad for dems we destablized tyranny and made the people want democracy. :thumb:

Radar Chief
03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Good for them, maybe they will rise up overflow the Mullahs and gain independence without a single US solder setting foot on Iranian soil, or a single US dollar funding the effort.

Agreed.

Which is what should've happened in Iraq.

Nice wishful thinking, to bad it isn’t supported by reality.
While were thinking wishfully, I’d have preferred that we had been more upfront and supported the Shiites and Kurds following the first GW, then maybe we wouldn’t have had to hand the problem off to a younger generation.
But that’s not the reality of the situation now either.

KCTitus
03-16-2005, 12:08 PM
I think the actions by the US in Iraq have emboldened the Iranian clamor for democratic rule.

Mr. Kotter
03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I think the actions by the US in Iraq have emboldened the Iranian clamor for democratic rule.

No way...this CAN'T be.... :rolleyes:

KCTitus
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
No way...this CAN'T be.... :rolleyes:

Well...my point was directed to Cannibal's statement that Iraq should have been done the same way.

Iran wouldnt be in the position it's in were it not for the actions of the US in Iraq.

Amnorix
03-16-2005, 12:21 PM
If Bush's move in Iraq turns into a stable Iraq and a move towards democracy throughout the Middle East that gains some traction, then I'll gladly say that I was wrong about the results.

I'm still uneasy about the reasons for this war, but that's another story, and in the great dance among nations that is international diplomacy, the ends often justify the means.

We'll see where it all ends up.

homey
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Is this like the news report where they said people were in the streets cheering Bush when what they were really saying was “death to Bush?”

Radar Chief
03-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Is this like the news report where they said people were in the streets cheering Bush when what they were really saying was “death to Bush?”

Link?

homey
03-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Control Room, rent it.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
And just think, if John Kerry had been president from 2001-to the present...

There would have been no free elections in Iraq

Saddam would still be in power today

No Iraqi parliament would be in session today for the first time in 50 years

There would most likely not have been the movement toward feedom in Lebanon against the Syrians

The Iranian democratic movement would not have been emboldened, as has been said (the results of which we won't know for a while, but it sure won't hurt the chances of freedom taking root there) and instead we'd have likely been moving forward with Kerry's plan to actually hand nuclear fuel over to Iran. (which sounds better to you?)

Radar Chief
03-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Control Room, rent it.

:spock: WTF are you babbling 'bout?
You said, “news report”. If such a news report exists, how’s ‘bout providing the link to it? :shrug:

homey
03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
There would also be 1,500 more soldiers alive, 1,000's with all their limbs.

Why do you care about Iraq so much?

Cochise
03-16-2005, 12:34 PM

BUSH LEID PPL DIEDZ~

Soupnazi
03-16-2005, 12:38 PM

Are you a professional douchebag or do you just play one on the internet?

Baby Lee
03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
A long time despot who actively sought to develop programs to build things to hurt us, who represented to the world that he had developed such programs, who offered support, shelter, and encouragement to terrorists, who looted efforts at humanitarian aid to his own aggrandizement, who starved his people through neglect, who killed his people out of insecurity, who shot at our planes, . . .

Question is;
Why do you care so little?

Cochise
03-16-2005, 12:44 PM

BTW freedom isn't free, assclamp.

Baby Lee
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
C'mon now, them dern Dune Coons prolly ain't even gonna understand freedom, let alone want it. :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
You would have to be a complete braindead moron not to know that the youth of Iran want the Mullahs overthrown and a democracy put in place.

HC_Chief
03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
You would have to be a complete braindead moron not to know that the youth of Iran want the Mullahs overthrown and a democracy put in place.

BIG_DADDY, meet homey. :)

Soupnazi
03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
About 2 minutes ago he was replying to this thread. Now he's offline. I guess he was distracted by a shiny object or something.

Duck Dog
03-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Dumbnees and Co. isn't going to be happy.

Duck Dog
03-16-2005, 01:01 PM

There would most likely not have been the movement toward feedom in Lebanon against the Syrians

The Iranian democratic movement would not have been emboldened, as has been said (the results of which we won't know for a while, but it sure won't hurt the chances of freedom taking root there) and instead we'd have likely been moving forward with Kerry's plan to actually hand nuclear fuel over to Iran. (which sounds better to you?)

Afghanistan would still be a playground for terrorists, women would still be getting whipped and beaten.

homey
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
And you'd have to be a complete brain dead moron to think that democracy doesn't come from within. Who helped us? Democracy must come within, from them, not forced from us behind a gun.

homey
03-16-2005, 01:18 PM
About 2 minutes ago he was replying to this thread. Now he's offline. I guess he was distracted by a shiny object or something.

Nah kiddo, some of us work for a living. You might want to look into that.

homey
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM

Put your money where your mouth is and join the Army. It's a lot easier to say that when you're hiding behind a computer.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Put your money where your mouth is and join the Army. It's a lot easier to say that when you're hiding behind a computer.

Deflection. The last time I checked we had a volunteer military, and everyone who was sent signed up knowing there was a chance they would be sent to a war someplace.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
And you'd have to be a complete brain dead moron to think that democracy doesn't come from within. Who helped us? Democracy must come within, from them, not forced from us behind a gun.

That damned continental army, shoving freedom down the throats of the colonists behind the barrel of a gun.

If they hadn't done it, there would have been 4,500 more people alive, and 6,000 people not wounded.

BIG_DADDY

Just like Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon right. Do you say dumb shit on purpose or are you really that ****ing stupid? It's going to place in one of those regions at the very least.

BTW, I never suggested we invade I guess you just like seeing stuff that isn't there. My guess is you only see what you want to see anyway. Lighting a match to a powderkeg that is ready to blow is a very attrative option at this point IMO.

What have you got against guns anyway? Your not one of those gun grabbin freaks are you?

DenverChief
shrubbery ROFL

homey
03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Deflection. The last time I checked we had a volunteer military, and everyone who was sent signed up knowing there was a chance they would be sent to a war someplace.

Yea, but for you to say that 1,500 Amercan lives are worth Iraq having it's freedom is hypocritical when you won’t even fight for it.

homey
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Just like Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon right. Do you say dumb shit on purpose or are you really that ****ing stupid? It's going to place in one of those regions at the very least. ?

First of all, it's way too early to say that even if these countries form a democracy, that it's going to last. You're jumping the gun on that one one small fry. For their sake, I hope it does.

What have you got against guns anyway? Your not one of those gun grabbin freaks are you?
No, the gun freaks are the one who vote straight Republican because "liberals want to take my gun away!" You know that ignorant hick shit.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Yea, but for you to say that 1,500 Amercan lives are worth Iraq having it's freedom is hypocritical when you won’t even fight for it.

Deflection again. I said nothing about whether I would or not. In fact, you know nothing about me, and I could be associated with the miliary in some capacity or have already served in my lifetime.

Maybe you should ask the servicemen who are actually over there doing the work what they think about whether it's right or not. I guess if you're right and none of them feel it's worth it they would be vastly in opposition to the war, huh?

homey
03-16-2005, 02:07 PM
And of course for every article Ringleader cherry picks, there's 3 for these.

link (http://memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=551)

2/10/2005 Clip No. 551

Footage from the 26th Anniversary of the Iranian Revolution Demonstrations

The following are excerpts from demonstrations in Tehran on the 26th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that was marked on February 10:

Reporter: I'd like to ask this young man why he came here today.

Demonstrator: We've come to punch our mighty fists in America's mouth and to say that we will defend the regime by any possible means.

Reporter: Look how our young generation, our middle generation, and our elderly they have all come to create a most beautiful epic. This toddler has the final word. Mr. Taheri, please zoom in on our dear child so we can see what he is saying.

Demonstrator: Death to…

Toddler: ...to America.

Reporter: Yes. we'll teach our children…

Crowd: Death to America.

Reporter: We'll impart the struggle against arrogance to our children and to the generations to come in order to always defend the aspirations of the sacred regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the goals of our revolution.

"Death to America"

Demonstrator: We have brought our child. He is thrilled to participate in the demonstration. We have come so that he too will learn and continue the path of those who brought about the revolution.

Demonstrator: Today America is afraid of us, as well it should be.

Reporter: You have come with your child. Why have you brought her to the demonstration in this cold?

Demonstrator: To punch a fist in America's mouth so it won't speak such nonsense about our Islamic revolution anymore.

Reporter: What do you feel right now?

Demonstrator: I feel very good, and I am very happy.

Demonstrator: The entire public is participating in the demonstration mainly because of what Bush said recently. It is obvious that... If the public participates in this demonstration it will be a mighty blow to America's mouth, so Bush won't dare do anything against the Iranian public.

Crowd:

Death to America

Every student chants… Death to America

Every student chants… Death to America

Every Muslim chants… Death to America

Every Muslim chants… Death to America

Death to America

This is the logic of the Koran… Death to America

Death to America

The answer to Bush's threats is… Death to America

The answer to Bush's threats is… Death to America

This raging nation [chants]… Death to America

Bush and Sharon, you should know… Death to America

Don't brag anymore… Death to America

Our nation is alive… Death to America

Ours is a fighting nation… Death to America

Ours is a fighting nation… Death to America

The cry of freedom is… Death to America

The joy of life is… Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Reporter: This dear man with a cane in his hand, has come with his wife in this cold weather. What motivated you to participate in this demonstration? Go ahead…

Demonstrator: In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful. Following our leader's order, we said the first "Allah Akbar." We will stay standing to the very end. The entire world is worth nothing compared to Islam. America, England, and the Zionists won't dare to do a thing.

Crowd:Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar.

Reporter: The excitement and enthusiasm caused… Allow me… Friends… Allow me… This excitement and enthusiasm is indescribable. These people always follow the revolution. This little girl standing next to me would like to recite something… The slogan "Death to America" is obviously heartfelt by all the people, and this is the main point of this report. Let them chant their slogans… I am here at your service. Allow me… Hello.

Young demonstrator: Hello.

Reporter: How are you?

Young demonstrator: I'm fine.

Reporter: Please recite your piece…

Young demonstrator: "In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful.

In the Month of Bahman, the leader [Khomeini] came to his friends.

He brought the good scent of spring in winter.

The moon laughed with joy when it saw him.

The darkness disappeared, stars illuminated the night.

The leader, full of fervor, sounded the Koran out loud.

He erased the oppression of kings, and brought happiness and light.

He said: "I will hit the [Sha's] government in the mouth."

How fine were his words, he destroyed the enemy."

Reporter: Thank you very much. These people chant as one: Death to America.

Crowd: Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Death to America

Reporter: Thank you very much. We will be with you later on. Just listen to this public's slogan. And the criminal America...

Demonstrator: We have no need for weapons of mass destruction. Each one of these people is an atom bomb. We have come to prove this to America and the enemies.

Reporter: Why did you come to the demonstration?

Young demonstrator: In order to defend the revolution.

Reporter: What do you think we can do?

Young demonstrator: We can say "Death to America" so America will know that we are not afraid of cannons and guns.

Demonstrator: We have come on the anniversary of the revolution with all the athletes, basij members, and people… We have come from all walks of society to say to America: Oh America, if you even think of coming to our country and attacking us, we will turn this place into a sea of blood for you. That's all.

Young demonstrator: One can say that today is the birthday of the Islamic republic, the day our revolution prevailed.

Young demonstrator: I have come to show America that we will not sit idly in the face of its oppression, and we will fight it.

Young reporter: The children took part with the adults in the demonstration on the anniversary of the revolution in order to say that they continue the path of imam [Khomeini] and the martyrs.

What does the presence of children like us at the parade demonstrate?

Young demonstrator: It demonstrates that we love the leader and our revolution.

Young demonstrator: Every year on the Anniversary of the revolution America makes a series of threats so the public won't take part, but obviously the public participates with much enthusiasm.

Crowd: Death to Bush. Death to Bush. Death to Bush.

Death to Bush. Death to Bush. Death to Bush.

Death to Bush. Death to Bush. Death to Bush.

homey
03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Deflection again. I said nothing about whether I would or not. In fact, you know nothing about me, and I could be associated with the miliary in some capacity or have already served in my lifetime.

Maybe you should ask the servicemen who are actually over there doing the work what they think about whether it's right or not. I guess if you're right and none of them feel it's worth it they would be vastly in opposition to the war, huh?

No, you justified the deaths of our soldiers as an expense of freedom for Iraq. If you won't put your money where your mouth is and fight for what you believe, then you obviously don't really believe it. The reality of war doesn't really sink in with people like you. If you voted for Bush, you should have to go fight his war. That would change some minds and the neocon movement would be over.

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
First of all, it's way too early to say that even if these countries form a democracy, that it's going to last. You're jumping the gun on that one one small fry. For their sake, I hope it does.

Come on dude, many governments have been set up behind a gun don't be ridiculous. It's not a reach to think that one of the amny beginning to take form will last either.

No, the gun freaks are the one who vote straight Republican because "liberals want to take my gun away!" You know that ignorant hick shit.

Yea I hate that shit too but here's the kicker. I didn't vote for Bush in either election and I bet you voted for the liberal candidate in every election you have ever voted in so don't act like your the one who is objective. Guns are an issue that cost the party the first Bush election and had an impact on the 2nd. Even Clinton was smart enough to tell them to change their position or they may lose. Who are the ignorant one's again?

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Control Room, rent it.
You are an extremist. The video is presented as

"By providing a balanced view of Al-Jazeera's presentation of the second Iraq war to their worldwide Arab audience, it calls into question many of the prevailing images and positions offered up by the U.S. news media"

I would call al Jazeera anything but balanced.

SBK
03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
If you voted for Bush, you should have to go fight his war. That would change some minds and the neocon movement would be over.

No it wouldn't. In fact, that vast majority of folks fighting this war voted for Bush.

Radar Chief
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM

You mean like the assumption that BD is a republican? That kind "hick shit"? ROFL

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
He said while tens of thousands of Americans died in Europe over the last century.

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM

link (http://memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=551)

2/10/2005 Clip No. 551

Mouthpiece of al Jazeera.

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
No, you justified the deaths of our soldiers as an expense of freedom for Iraq. If you won't put your money where your mouth is and fight for what you believe, then you obviously don't really believe it. The reality of war doesn't really sink in with people like you. If you voted for Bush, you should have to go fight his war. That would change some minds and the neocon movement would be over.
Where did you serve in Bosnia and Somalia?

I would hate to think you are a hypocrite.

Cochise
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Ok, so we are supposed to disregard the fact that the military is not compelled to serve and whether or not they may be in favor of it anyway.

So, as Russ says, where was your unit in Yugoslavia?

Calcountry
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Good for them, maybe they will rise up overflow the Mullahs and gain independence without a single US solder setting foot on Iranian soil, or a single US dollar funding the effort. Which is what should've happened in Iraq.But it couldn't because of a brutal jack booted dictator that had to be overthrown by force. He had already tortured, killed, mutilated millions.

Where is your liberal compassion for the helpless?

Calcountry
03-16-2005, 02:24 PM
We did destablize the ME. Too bad for dems we destablized tyranny and made the people want democracy. :thumb:Too bad the Democrats need those dictatorial institutions in place so they can look important the next time an intern gets a stain on her dress.

SBK
03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Too bad the Democrats need those dictatorial institutions in place so they can look important the next time an intern gets a stain on her dress.

What kind of stain?

Soupnazi
03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Nah kiddo, some of us work for a living. You might want to look into that.

Another gem. You're full of these whiz-bang, quick-whitted, golden piles of feces. As I said before, are you a professional douchebag, or do you just play one on the internet?

Or you only good for another BLPD response, uber-tard?

homey
03-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Ok, so we are supposed to disregard the fact that the military is not compelled to serve and whether or not they may be in favor of it anyway.

So, as Russ says, where was your unit in Yugoslavia?

I'm not the one justifying the death of our soldiers. You are. Where are you now that you can fight for something you obviously believe so strongly in? Hiding behind your computer. You're a hypocrite.

Calcountry
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
What kind of stain?If it doesn't compute, you have to refute.

homey
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
You are an extremist. The video is presented as

"By providing a balanced view of Al-Jazeera's presentation of the second Iraq war to their worldwide Arab audience, it calls into question many of the prevailing images and positions offered up by the U.S. news media"

I would call al Jazeera anything but balanced.

Of course they're not balanced, they're the self-proclaimed faux news of the Middle East. The documentary isn't very flattering on them. Besides, I was referring to the documentary, not Al Jazeera. That’s funny though “you’re an extremists…”

Cochise
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm not the one justifying the death of our soldiers. You are. Where are you now that you can fight for something you obviously believe so strongly in? Hiding behind your computer. You're a hypocrite.

Were you hiding behind your computer instead of in the streets of Mogadishu?

homey
03-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Were you hiding behind your computer instead of in the streets of Mogadishu?

Exactly, you won't answer my question because you know you're wrong. Thanks for playing. Good night.

Duck Dog
03-16-2005, 03:37 PM

Well anyone who votes for a liberal should have an abortion instrument shoved up their ass.

And BTW, I'm no hypocrite. Operation's Just Cause, Desert Shield and Desert Storm are on my resume. More of us than you think already know the reality of war.

Other than cursing her, what have you done for your country?

Calcountry
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Exactly, you won't answer my question because you know you're wrong. Thanks for playing. Good night.I thought HOMEY DON'T PLAY DAT!

Chieficus
03-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Sure everyone who supports the war should up and head over seas as part of a massive military effort. That way we can also tank the American economy, and blame Bush for that, tank our social system, and blame Bush for that, so on and so forth--you know, all the things that civilians help keep going...

The logical conclusion of your ideology is wonderful...then again, you also sound like you want someone to change you...so we shouldn't expect much...

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
So you condemn ALL administrations during your life from the age of 18 forward who have held military actions?

Again, I don't want to label you a hypocrite until you fully define yourself.

KCWolfman
03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Sure everyone who supports the war should up and head over seas as part of a massive military effort. That way we can also tank the American economy, and blame Bush for that, tank our social system, and blame Bush for that, so on and so forth--you know, all the things that civilians help keep going...

The logical conclusion of your ideology is wonderful...then again, you also sound like you want someone to change you...so we shouldn't expect much...
I sure wish that was the way it worked, that way I could say "Okay Homey and all you other liberals, you want the extra taxation, you should burden it and let us pay what we believe to be equitable, otherwise you are a hypocrite".

"Okay, libbies, you want to stop executions, you pay for the lifers and house them and leave us alone. Otherwise you are a hypocrite."

"Okay, libbies, you social security, pay for your own and leave us alone, otherwise you are a hypocrite".

"Okay, libbies, you support Kyoto treaties, either move to Japan or stop using our air polluting electricity to make your posts. Otherwise you are hypocrites".

Etc etc etc

BigMeatballDave
03-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Are you a professional douchebag or do you just play one on the internet?
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
03-17-2005, 03:56 AM
No, you justified the deaths of our soldiers as an expense of freedom for Iraq. If you won't put your money where your mouth is and fight for what you believe, then you obviously don't really believe it. The reality of war doesn't really sink in with people like you. If you voted for Bush, you should have to go fight his war. That would change some minds and the neocon movement would be over.Wow. You probably actually believe all this. What a tool...
:shake:

Radar Chief
03-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Well anyone who votes for a liberal should have an abortion instrument shoved up their ass.

And BTW, I'm no hypocrite. Operation's Just Cause, Desert Shield and Desert Storm are on my resume. More of us than you think already know the reality of war.

Other than cursing her, what have you done for your country?

Damn straight. :thumb:

KCWolfman
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
So you condemn ALL administrations during your life from the age of 18 forward who have held military actions?

Again, I don't want to label you a hypocrite until you fully define yourself.
Wow, his responses sure died with that question.

Cochise
03-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Exactly, you won't answer my question because you know you're wrong. Thanks for playing. Good night.

You won't answer the same question, and refuse to hold yourself to the same standard as you would hold a supporter of Gulf War 2.

Rausch
03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
In another area of the city people took to setting the French flag on fire while chanting: "Europe is finished and so are their Mullahs." OR "Bush, Bush, where is Bush?" (In Persian this rhymes: Bush, Bush, kush, kush!).

Obviously they've come around. Good...

Ok, I'm in support of peaceful assistance to the Iranians...

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:23 AM
We did destablize the ME. Too bad for dems we destablized tyranny and made the people want democracy. :thumb:

Best way I've heard it put in a long, long time.

Bravo.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:26 AM
If Bush's move in Iraq turns into a stable Iraq and a move towards democracy throughout the Middle East that gains some traction, then I'll gladly say that I was wrong about the results.

I'm still uneasy about the reasons for this war, but that's another story, and in the great dance among nations that is international diplomacy, the ends often justify the means.

We'll see where it all ends up.

I've always said that's fair enough of people who opposed the war. I can tick off dozens of reasons why going after Saddam was both legal and justified before you even get to WMDs but, the truth is, everything pointed to him having WMDs too.

Anyway, I figured it would take 20-30 years to see if democracy reaped the rewards of this action. It might be much sooner.

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:28 AM

I'm glad your sentiment didn't exist in the early 40's...

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:31 AM

Is that how Germany and Japan became democracies? Please keep talking...

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:35 AM

I did. Does that make me any more qualified to have an opinion that's different than yours? Saying you have to be in the military to have an opinion is about as stupid as anyone saying you can't comment on the number of deaths in the War on Terror because you never enlisted.

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:37 AM

You're still pissed about the election?

BTW, go online and read some of Kerry's speeches or watch some streaming video of the guy. That's the reason your side lost...

HC_Chief
03-18-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm glad your sentiment didn't exist in the early 40's...

heh, it did. Morons like homey have been around forever. Luckily, in this country, they're a miniscule minority. The poor French, on the other hand...

RINGLEADER
03-18-2005, 08:38 AM

How come it's only the liberals who pimp the terrorist party-line? Can you explain that to me Homey? Why are you and D-Nise the only ones writing posts that have the words "Death to America" in them.

You should be ashamed.

SBK
03-18-2005, 09:47 AM
How come it's only the liberals who pimp the terrorist party-line? Can you explain that to me Homey? Why are you and D-Nise the only ones writing posts that have the words "Death to America" in them.

You should be ashamed.

:clap:

BIG_DADDY
03-18-2005, 04:15 PM

You should be ashamed.

Just shoot em already. Nah, when you think about it they do serve a purpose for the conservatives. They drive people away from the left because nobody wants to be associated with them. :shake: These are the people the left needs to distance themselves from if they are ever going to make a comeback.

SBK
03-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Just shoot em already. Nah, when you think about it they do serve a purpose for the conservatives. They drive people away from the left because nobody wants to be associated with them. :shake: These are the people the left needs to distance themselves from if they are ever going to make a comeback.

I would normally say STFU and don't tell them what will help, but if they can't figure it out by now they never will.........

Cannibal
03-18-2005, 11:54 PM

And there would be 1,520 more US citizens alive and billions of US taxpayer dollars saved, if we had let Democracy take it's own course in the country, as we should with Iran. People don't want to be occupied or invaded. They'll fight forever. Can you imagine the bloodbath if somebody tried to invade the US? I think of the admittedly shitty movie, (although I liked it) "Red Dawn". We'd be sending mutha fugga's home in body bags. It is just the way it is. You basically have to wipe them out of existance with Nukes if you want to win.

Rausch
03-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all convictions, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?