PDA

View Full Version : My day in the Phog. 3-16-05

Ari Chi3fs
03-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Last week, I contacted Bill Self's Secretary about Coach John Woodens Pyramid of Success, and my idea of presenting the Jayhawks with one each. Well today...I presented KU basketball with an 12x12 laminated Pyramid for each student.

So yesterday, I get the heads up to come on down to drop them off... So this morning we left sunny Overland Park and arrived in "phoggy", overcast Lawrence at 8:45am. My 3.5 year old son and I went to their offices in the building adjacent and connected to Allen Fieldhouse.

Wow. What a dope office. A huge hallway with large format photos of KU Hoops history. Unreal. Anyway...

I didnt think I would be able to meet Coach Self today, as the hectic schedule of heading out, so my 3.5 year old son and I went to their offices at 8:45am and gave the pyramids to the secretary to give each player one of these.

I create a large version of the pyramid to fit on a wall. But, didnt bring the 24x36 version to him, I will informally present it to Kansas Basketball after the tournament... when Coach is less busy.

Regardless, The Jayhawks have a copy of Coach WOoden's Pyramid... perhaps it can inspire them.

ALSO... My son and I then went into an empty AllenFieldhouse, and bounced around his little KU ball... for 25 minutes... running on the court... a janitor came in and said that they are replacing the 13 year old floor this offseason, which is why all of the Hawks are getting lower limb injuries, no bounce/give left in the floor.

anyway... my sig is courtesy of today... woo hoo.

Rock Chalk bitches.. :KU:

Bowser
03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
I could have sworn you were a Tiger fan.

:p

Cochise
03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Kissass.

Dave Lane
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Ali

Sounds cool lets see pics of the pyramids.

Dave

Ari Chi3fs
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Tell me my sig isnt dope.

Ari Chi3fs
03-16-2005, 08:19 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=38424&stc=1
There is a thread in teh Picture Lounge from when the idea started...

Cochise
03-16-2005, 08:20 PM

I dunno, I have sigs turned off.

Ari Chi3fs
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=39195&stc=1

Cochise
03-16-2005, 08:23 PM

I know Langford's hurt, but that guy looks a little undersized. :p

Pitt Gorilla
03-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Tell me my sig isnt dope.Uh, not "dope."

Demonpenz
03-16-2005, 09:19 PM
i don't see the breads on that pyrimid

Skip Towne
03-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Langford is Da Bomb!!!

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 04:34 AM
I know Langford's hurt, but that guy looks a little undersized. :p

dont underestimate... the kid can ball. Look at those point guard skills.

trndobrd
03-17-2005, 04:38 AM
Doesn't John Wooden know "intentness" isn't a real word? No wonder he was such a failure.

Saggysack
03-17-2005, 04:46 AM

The sig sure doesn't look like dope. Wait, are you calling your son a dope? You must be real proud. Oh well, I guess the old cliche is right, like father like son. :p

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 04:59 AM
The sig sure doesn't look like dope. Wait, are you calling your son a dope? You must be real proud. Oh well, I guess the old cliche is right, like father like son. :p

Dope: (dhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifp) a colloquial term meaning very cool, or bad ass. i.e., cooler than Saggysack.

Saggysack
03-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Dope: (dhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifp) a colloquial term meaning very cool, or bad ass. i.e., cooler than Saggysack.

Bad ass?? ROFL Only boofers say that anymore.

Oh, the informal meaning from the ebonics dictionary... I see. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not from da hood. I'm just a plain ol' simple white boy.

Saulbadguy
03-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Why don't you present them with something useful, like a donation to the WEF? :p

Heh. The program will probably be put on probation for this. Accepting booster gifts is a no no.

Brando
03-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Could you make one of those up in Orange and Blue for me?
Great bonding experience with the son. I remember my father doing SU related things with me as a kid. They're the only things that I care to remember..other than the cigarettes being put out on my back.

CosmicPal
03-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Very kewl of you to do that...you're a true fan.

Rock Chalk Jayhawks baby! Three years in a row for the FF!

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Very kewl of you to do that...you're a true fan.

Rock Chalk Jayhawks baby! Three years in a row for the FF!

Three years in a row eh? Heh. You must not be a true fan, as they lost in the Elite 8 last year. :)

But yeah, I went to school there, and figured that KU players could use the inspiration... but I think I got the inspiration yesterday with my kid running around the Fieldhouse... man it was cool...

Brando, Yeah, I could do one for you in SU colors... but it wont be until after the tourney. Im still mad about 2 years ago.

I will upload the .pdf for stumppy and bobnorix [or whatevuh his name is now.] sometime this weekend.

Skip Towne
03-17-2005, 09:13 AM
You're a dope.:p

CosmicPal
03-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Three years in a row eh? Heh. You must not be a true fan, as they lost in the Elite 8 last year. :)

Damn...I geuss I just come to expect nothing but success from the Hawks.

I've been to a few games myself at Allen Field House and it is one of the most electrifying experiences a sports fan can enjoy. THAT, and a sunday afternoon at Arrowhead are the stuff dreams are made of....

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Damn...I geuss I just come to expect nothing but success from the Hawks.

I've been to a few games myself at Allen Field House and it is one of the most electrifying experiences a sports fan can enjoy. THAT, and a sunday afternoon at Arrowhead are the stuff dreams are made of....

Amen bro... Arrowhead and Allen Fieldhouse. To be a Chiefs/Jayhawk fan... the luckiest breed of fan.

Saulbadguy
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Allen Field House is very special. For its tradition, and gameday experience, I don't think you can beat it.

However, it needs some major renovations. They need to gut the entire seating area and redo it. They need a new floor (which they are doing this offseason). They need a video board. I think they are doing the video board this offseason, and I also heard its going to be sponsored by ESPN. The dancing nachos must go.

Oh yeah..they need COKE MACHINES. Those warm bottles don't cut it.