PDA

View Full Version : Daily Chiefs Tidbits

FRCDFED
03-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm sure some of this has fully circulated since it was in the Star but figured there may be someone on here interested.

Conversations with Kansas City have intensified regarding a trade for Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain, but the Chiefs have reservations about meeting his request for a large signing bonus.
-- Miami Herald

From the moment he was met at Kansas City International Airport by Dick Vermeil, Ty Law tried to gauge whether he could be happy playing cornerback for the Chiefs. Shortly before departing town Tuesday, Law declared his best estimate to be an unqualified "yes." Vermeil likewise was impressed by Law, but echoed statements from president/GM Carl Peterson that the Chiefs would wait to see how Law's surgically repaired foot was mending before they would proceed with a contract offer.
-- Kansas City Star

Law said he wouldn't necessarily wait for the Chiefs to make a contract offer. He already met with the Steelers and said he would probably take trips to the Jets and Indianapolis.
-- Kansas City Star

If the Titans want to keep defensive end Carlos Hall, they might have to reach for their wallet. Hall, a restricted free agent, visited the Chiefs.
-- Nashville Tennessean

The Chiefs had other free-agent guests: running back Robert Holcombe of Tennessee, and Philadelphia linebacker Keith Adams. The Chiefs are planning visits, perhaps this week, with at least four other players, including Baltimore wide receiver Kevin Johnson. The Chiefs once tried to trade for Johnson when he played for Cleveland.
-- Kansas City Star

Bowser
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I'll get excited when somebody else signs. Until then, it's just "placate the angry fan time", to me.

FRCDFED
03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll get excited when somebody else signs. Until then, it's just "placate the angry fan time", to me.
Other than trading for Surtain the rest is just garbage talk.

whoman69
03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Garbage in, garbage out

carlos3652
03-16-2005, 08:50 PM

You guys are silly, after the season was over everyone was saying how they should trash all the starters on defense (keep 2-3 that earned their job)... And now, that the chiefs are bringing in new defensive upgrades compared to the crap that we have everything they do is garbage???? Talk about a hypocritical fan...