PDA

View Full Version : According to Sirius radio.......so take it for what it's worth

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
In a Sirius radio NFL update this evening apparently the Chiefs and Dolphins have worked out the trade for Patrick Surtain, however they are still trying to work out the signing bonus, as I'm sure you can imagine Surtain wants more than the Chiefs want to give him. This deal could be done as early as tommorrow. They went on to state that Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite. Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth. I hope they're right though, cause if so tommorrow will be a banner day for the beloved. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

keg in kc
03-16-2005, 11:36 PM
It's kind of funny. I spend January and February waiting with bated breath for free agency to start. Now it's mid March and I wish somebody would just put me out of my misery.

The Bad Guy
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Sirius Radio is very reliable - I guess I'll have to go out in my car to see if this is legit or not.

Pants
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
There is no f*cking way we sign both. NO F*CKING WAY.

chiefman, you do realize you might get banned if you lied. Especially a lie of that caliber.

ZootedGranny
03-16-2005, 11:40 PM
The Chiefs couldn't possibly sign both. Not so much for contractual reasons, staying under the salary cap, etc...but because I wouldn't have something to complain about until the start of training camp.

DenverChief
03-16-2005, 11:41 PM
It's kind of funny. I spend January and February waiting with bated breath for free agency to start. Now it's mid March and I wish somebody would just put me out of my misery.
ROFL

Nzoner
03-16-2005, 11:43 PM
hope they're right though, cause if so tommorrow will be a banner day

If they're right and this happens tomorrow with St Paddy's Day and the NCAA Tourney, :toast:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
There is no f*cking way we sign both. NO F*CKING WAY.

chiefman, you do realize you might get banned if you lied. Especially a lie of that caliber.

Why would I lie? We're on the same team dude, I'm just giving you what I'm hearing. If everyone would prefer I didn't do that, let me know and I'll stop.

To expand on that I always say in my posts either take it for what's it's worth or if this is true, the only exception is if I have an actual link to give you.

SPchief
03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
The Chiefs couldn't possibly sign both. Not so much for contractual reasons, staying under the salary cap, etc...but because I wouldn't have something to complain about until the start of training camp.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DenverChief
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
I just read Gus Frerotte is a Phin ROFL the Donx are having issues

el borracho
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
That is kind of funny... except for the breath. We've were hoping you would have taken care of that by now.

milkman
03-16-2005, 11:49 PM
This can't be sirius, can it?

Pants
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Why would I lie? We're on the same team dude, I'm just giving you what I'm hearing. If everyone would prefer I didn't do that, let me know and I'll stop.

No, no, dude it's nothing personal. Just that during the start of FA people liked posting "breaking news" A LOT and others grew tired of it. Bad Guy says Sirius is very reliable and I trust him. And since the likelyhood of the Chiefs signing both Surtain and Hartwell is infinitely low, it seemed that such a rumor is a bit over the top and possibly even not true. The fact that you have a low post count doesn't help. You have no idea how happey it would make me, though. So here's to it being true :toast: .

philfree
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Sirius Radio is very reliable - I guess I'll have to go out in my car to see if this is legit or not.

You go Frank :) If the Bad Guy verifies this I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep.

Is it possible to change from XM Radio that I have in the wifes Envoy to Sirius? Does anybody know anything about such a thing?

PhilFree :arrow:

philfree
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
This can't be sirius, can it?

It had to be done ROFL

PhilFree :arrow:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2005, 11:54 PM
No, no, dude it's nothing personal. Just that during the start of FA people liked posting "breaking news" A LOT and others grew tired of it. Bad Guy says Sirius is very reliable and I trust him. And since the likelyhood of the Chiefs signing both Surtain and Hartwell is infinitely low, it seemed that such a rumor is a bit over the top and possibly even not true. The fact that you have a low post count doesn't help. You have no idea how happey it would make me, though. So here's to it being true :toast: .

I understand, and I normally try not to post things that aren't in print, post count is low cause I just started up 3 days ago, and I posted the shit right after I changed the pants I wet myself in, I hope you guys understand, if this shit doesn't pan out, I swear to god I'll never post anything not in print again, I just couldn't contain myself. I am giddy like a school girl

beer bacon
03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I understand, and I normally try not to post things that aren't in print, post count is low cause I just started up 3 days ago, and I posted the shit right after I changed the pants I wet myself in, I hope you guys understand, if this shit doesn't pan out, I swear to god I'll never post anything not in print again, I just couldn't contain myself. I am giddy like a school girl

You did nothing wrong. In fact you handled this in a really good way. You qualifed your post well. Despite this the fact that you registered recently and that our hopes have already been crushed half a dozen times this season just means most people will be pretty guarded. Thanks for the update :thumb:

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I understand, and I normally try not to post things that aren't in print, post count is low cause I just started up 3 days ago, and I posted the shit right after I changed the pants wet myself in, I hope you guys understand, if this shit doesn't pan out, I swear to god I'll never post anything not in print again, I just couldn't contain myself. I am giddy like a school girl

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 12:02 AM
That's cool, I appreciate it guys, I love this site and hope my posts in the last 3 days reflect as such. I will never f*ck with your emotions when it comes to the beloved because I assume you guys are all as mentally ill as I am when it comes to the Chiefs

C-Mac
03-17-2005, 12:07 AM

ROFL :clap: ROFL

KCChiefsFan88
03-17-2005, 12:07 AM

No kidding, following Carl and the Chiefs in free agency is a chore

BIG K
03-17-2005, 12:09 AM
In a Sirius radio NFL update this evening apparently the Chiefs and Dolphins have worked out the trade for Patrick Surtain, however they are still trying to work out the signing bonus, as I'm sure you can imagine Surtain wants more than the Chiefs want to give him. This deal could be done as early as tommorrow. They went on to state that Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite. Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth. I hope they're right though, cause if so tommorrow will be a banner day for the beloved. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

If this is INDEED true, I'd cream my pants....Oh wait a minute, due to sites visited earlier, I'm not wearing any pants..... :p

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:12 AM
If this is INDEED true, I'd cream my pants....Oh wait a minute, due to sites visited earlier, I'm not wearing any pants..... :p

File this under,
"More info than we needed to know"
or
"I didn't need that image in my head"

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I will blow Carl if he signs Hartwell and Surtain.

BIG K
03-17-2005, 12:17 AM
File this under,
"More info than we needed to know"
or
"I didn't need that image in my head"

Did you see post #24?

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Did you see post #24?

Yeah I did.

I LMAO.

I hope you realize I was joking with my response to your post.

C-Mac
03-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Did you see post #24?

Another good reason not to sign Hartwell :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
03-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I hope this will go down, being that this very well might be the most important offseason the Chiefs will have for quite some time. This year is either do or die. I believe Trent Green will leave in a couple years, Shields will be gone after this coming season as will Roaf. TRich will be retiring in a couple years and also probably will Kennison. Not that theres any reason to panic, but these issues need to be addressed. Within the next 3 seasons we might lose up to 4 offensive pro bowlers, lets just hope in that time some players will step up and make a name for themselves (cough cough Jordan Black, Parker, Wilson). Lets also hope that being that this so called rumor or whatever you want to call it true, then later down the road we dont end up like Tennessee this year and what happend to them. Like I said before, this offseason and this comin season is vitale to the Chiefs organization.

C-Mac
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I got a dumb question, but knowing the extensive effort that the Chiefs medical team put toward checking a players health, why would the make the deal with\for Surtain without even having him here?

beer bacon
03-17-2005, 12:27 AM
I got a dumb question, but knowing the extensive effort that the Chiefs medical team put toward checking a players health, why would the make the deal with\for Surtain without even having him here?

I think the deal has to be hammered out before we are allowed to fly him in for a physical.

BIG K
Yeah I did.

I LMAO.

I hope you realize I was joking with my response to your post.

It's all good. I was just happy to see TC willing to take a hit for the team! :)

Phobia

A trade is always contingent upon passing a physical.

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
I would guess, but don't quote me on this, that any deal would be contingent on a passed physical.

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure a trade is contingent

C-Mac
03-17-2005, 12:31 AM
So is it contingent on the trade or with the trade?

DenverChief
03-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Go here

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1096483195619

you can get a free 3 day trial of sirius radio and listen to NFL talk live!

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:40 AM
....the Chiefs and Dolphins have worked out the trade for Patrick Surtain, .... Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite. Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth.....

If this comes true, I'd be willing kiss Carl Peterson's ass in Westport on opening weekend next year....

DenverChief
03-17-2005, 12:41 AM
Go here

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1096483195619

you can get a free 3 day trial of sirius radio and listen to NFL talk live!
:mad: you can only listen to music :mad:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:43 AM

Maybe you and I can make a show of it....in front of "Kelley's"

Remember, YOU said blow; I said, kiss his ass.... :thumb:

DenverChief
03-17-2005, 12:47 AM

with or without tounge?

el borracho
03-17-2005, 12:49 AM

An all male 3some? Your journey to the dark side is almost complete.

Dave Lane
03-17-2005, 12:53 AM

I'm going to mark this post...

Dave

DenverChief
03-17-2005, 12:57 AM
I'm going to mark this post...

Dave
ROFL

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:58 AM

For tongue, he's have to sign a "healthy" Ty Law too. :harumph:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 12:59 AM
An all male 3some? Your journey to the dark side is almost complete.

Nice. ROFL

But...eh, no. :shake:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 01:00 AM
For tongue, he's have to sign a "healthy" Ty Law too. :harumph:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA i only chuckled until I saw that face at the end, then I rolled.

Sure-Oz
03-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Interesting....we'll see i guess

VonneMarie
03-17-2005, 01:08 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Man, I hope that's true! About the trade...

Gravedigger
03-17-2005, 01:45 AM
OMFG that would make us the leetest defense that's something even I thought couldn't be done..... wow I really hope all of that is true. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Gravedigger
03-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Because Miami said they wouldn't allow a trip until a trade agreement was agreed upon not signed but just agreed upon so I'm assuming if we get the signing bonus right he'll just become a chief pending a physical but there's no doubt in my mind that would be a problem.

Digital Takawira
03-17-2005, 02:39 AM
http://www.freecinema.org/images/faq/briefcase_pulp_fiction.jpg

now i know what was in the briefcase in pulp fiction.

contracts for surtain and hartwell.

mcan
03-17-2005, 02:46 AM
I was hoping that we could get this done... If it's true (big if) we still have a shot at a decent prospect in the first... We could still end up with another great player...

Hicks
Sims
Dalton
Allen

Hartwell
Bell
Barber (1st rounder?)

Warfield
Surtain / (1st rounder?)
Knight
Woods

Looks good... :thumb:

CoMoChief
03-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Starting 2005-06 Chiefs defense...
LE-Hicks
RE-Allen
DT-Sims
DT-Dalton
LOLB-Bell
MLB-Hartwell
ROLB-Barber
CB-Surtain
CB-Rodgers (draft pick)*
FS-Knight
SS-Wesley
*Depends on what happens in FA or if Derrick Johnson would happen to fall to us in the draft. If DJ did fall to us then I wouldnt mind having Warfield playing opposite of Surtain. He would be solid this year I think. I think this could be a SuperBowl defense if they get their heads out of their asses and play Gunther D instead of GregR D.

mcan
03-17-2005, 03:06 AM
LE-Hicks
RE-Allen
DT-Sims
DT-Dalton
LOLB-Bell
MLB-Hartwell
ROLB-Barber
CB-Surtain
CB-Rodgers (draft pick)*
FS-Knight
SS-Wesley
*Depends on what happens in FA or if Derrick Johnson would happen to fall to us in the draft. If DJ did fall to us then I wouldnt mind having Warfield playing opposite of Surtain. He would be solid this year I think. I think this could be a SuperBowl defense if they get their heads out of their asses and play Gunther D instead of GregR D.

With all the blown coverages Wesley had last year, I would hesitate to move him to a position with MORE responsability. Also, I think Bell is a better overall athlete than Hartwell, so Bell should play the middle. I'm all about Rogers though. If he takes Warfield's spot, then Warfield in the nickle is great...

CoMoChief
03-17-2005, 03:16 AM
I think that Wesleys problem last year was like a domino effect. Our LBs are bad then its gonna leave our corners on an island and if our corners are bad it effects our safeties. Ive always thought weve had one of the best saftey combos in the NFL, its just we decided to resign McCleon, Battle and MY FAVORITE WILLIAM ****ING BARTEE and they all FUBAR'ed our whole defense, because we werent that bad at stopping the run, we improved that from the prev. season by a whole lot I think.

Saggysack
03-17-2005, 04:00 AM
LE-Hicks
RE-Allen
DT-Sims
DT-Dalton
LOLB-Bell
MLB-Hartwell
ROLB-Barber
CB-Surtain
CB-Rodgers (draft pick)*
FS-Knight
SS-Wesley

Isn't any way in hell a rookie CB will get the starting nod over Warfield, atleast not while he is eligible to play.

Count Alex's Wins
03-17-2005, 04:00 AM
With all the blown coverages Wesley had last year, I would hesitate to move him to a position with MORE responsability. Also, I think Bell is a better overall athlete than Hartwell, so Bell should play the middle. I'm all about Rogers though. If he takes Warfield's spot, then Warfield in the nickle is great...

You want your best athletes on the outside...

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 04:24 AM

I thought you said on another thread, that you didnt watch much of the 2004 Chiefs football season?? what up wit dat?

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 04:29 AM
I thought you said on another thread, that you didnt watch much of the 2004 Chiefs football season?? what up wit dat?I had a really busy fall with work that started in mid august and lasted until November. Didn't have time, and once I was done, the season was already pretty much over. Hard to get into that.

tk13
03-17-2005, 04:35 AM
I thought you said on another thread, that you didnt watch much of the 2004 Chiefs football season?? what up wit dat?
Maybe he doesn't have a self-torture fetish like the rest of us...

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 04:35 AM
I had a really busy fall with work that started in mid august and lasted until November. Didn't have time, and once I was done, the season was already pretty much over. Hard to get into that.

so busy that you couldnt watch Chiefs games? wow. Prioritize, son.

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 04:37 AM
I did listen on 101.

Ari Chi3fs
03-17-2005, 05:00 AM
I did listen on 101.

ok. you get 1/3 of your cool points back, but your image is severely tarnished, perhaps irreparably.

ROYC75
03-17-2005, 07:49 AM
OK, Surtain,Hartwell and Law ........ ? If that happens, there is going to be some members back tracking on the sexual inndo faster than an F Troop retreat.

BTW, that 3 man slurp around by you guys ( Can, Kotter and CP ) in question would not be complete without gochiefs 1st giving out lessions to each of you. OBTW, his nominal fee is a Star Wars figurine.

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Did anyone get a confirm on this from Sirius?

Frank?

Sweet Jesus, I'm going to get nothing done today until this is either disspelled or confirmed.

dirk digler
03-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Man I hope this is true. It would instantly make our D top 15 IMO which just may be enough.

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Man I hope this is true. It would instantly make our D top 15 IMO which just may be enough.

If the D is in the top 15 and the offense can match last years production; well, I don't even want to think about it for fear of having my hopes crushed yet again.

Let's just say I'd put new tires on the old bandwagon......

ROYC75
03-17-2005, 08:15 AM
If the D is in the top 15 and the offense can match last years production; well, I don't even want to think about it for fear of having my hopes crushed yet again.

Let's just say I'd put new tires on the old bandwagon......

WOW... I'm getting good mileage on mine, all terrain .......... :hmmm:

ct
03-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Never had the opp to listen in on Sirius radio, but this sounds legit. Why? Because we already know that KC and Miami are close to a deal, but the contract extension is the big holdup. And we already know that Ed Hartwell is to decide 'soon' among a few teams, 2 of which were Arizona and Seattle, who have recently signed other LBs (BTW, so did KC, let's not forget that). Yet this leads most media outlets to assume that KC is now the frontrunner.

So basically, this is nothing new at all.

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 08:38 AM
WOW... I'm getting good mileage on mine, all terrain .......... :hmmm:

I meant that we would need to new bandwagon for all the "new" fans and media pundits that would be supporting the Chiefs anew.

KCJake
03-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Funny ROFL So true. So true

tyton75
03-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I can also see this as a bigger possibility since Carl has reupped for 4 more years... it would be more attractive to an incoming free agent if they knew that the FO was solid... (and the money was about equal)

mcan
03-17-2005, 11:21 AM
You want your best athletes on the outside...

:shake:

I think that is dated and flawed thinking. I understand that typically you want "faster" guys on the outside since they will more typically be put into coverage/pass rushing situations, but the NFL has evolved into a much faster game as a whole.

For this and many other reasons I believe it's paramount that your best athlete be put in the middle, so as to give him the best opportunity to get involved with the most plays whether they be run or pass...

milkman
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM

I think that is dated and flawed thinking. I understand that typically you want "faster" guys on the outside since they will more typically be put into coverage/pass rushing situations, but the NFL has evolved into a much faster game as a whole.

For this and many other reasons I believe it's paramount that your best athlete be put in the middle, so as to give him the best opportunity to get involved with the most plays whether they be run or pass...

Give me the speed on the outside to get around the edge when going after the QB.

Add the fact that Hartwell has been more durable, the liklyhood of staying healthy with the traffic in the middle is greater with him than Bell.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 11:51 AM
This is from Chiefs Insider so take it for what it is worth. Probably worth nothing.

http://www.warpaintillustrated.com/

I contacted the Chiefs. I have contacted all my league sources and I can tell you that the report is not accurate. There is no pending four year deal for Hartwell.. It has as much a chance of happening as Oakland defeating North Carolina in the NCAA Tourney.

My contact at the Chiefs said in reference to the report and Hartwell, "That door was closed," end quote. Guys its not going to happen unless Hartwell plays for a much lower salary and grovels to the Chiefs.

The bottom line is Hartwell could have been a Chief before Bell but wanted Ray Lewis type bucks and now he has no team to go to. Seattle just offered Herndon a deal and I doubt they'll sign Hartwell until they see if Denver matches the contract.

He'll have to play for a non contendor. Look at it this way. If NFL teams thought he was a real player don't you think the Colts would make a run for him? They need linebackers as bad as we do. He's priced himself out of the market and now he's paying a price.

Warpaint Nation its time to move on and forget Hartwell....

In other news, the Chiefs might make an offer to one of three free agent wide receivers in town today, Alex Bannister, Kevin Johnson or Darrell Hill.

That's the straight word!

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 12:00 PM
If that is the case, then I appologize for getting everyone excited. I was just reporting what I had heard. My main hope for the rest of this off season is and will continue to be the pursuit of Patrick Surtain. This is the exact person the Chiefs need for CB and will immediately make us a much better defense.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:03 PM
If that is the case, then I appologize for getting everyone excited. I was just reporting what I had heard. My main hope for the rest of this off season is and will continue to be the pursuit of Patrick Surtain. This is the exact person the Chiefs need for CB and will immediately make us a much better defense.

No need to apologize keep the info coming. The guy that said what was in my post isnt exactly Mr. Reliable.

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:05 PM
I don't read WP Illustrated, but from what I understand, they know exactly about as much as you or I.

Where's kcnut, dammit?

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't read WP Illustrated, but from what I understand, they know exactly about as much as you or I.

Where's kcnut, dammit?

No kidding. When kcnut called his shot on Bell it was amazing.

Count Alex's Wins
03-17-2005, 12:12 PM

What line of reasoning is this? You want to be smart and strong in the middle (quarterback, middle linebacker, safety, offensive line, defensive tackle) and fast on the outside (linebacker, defensive end, corner, wide receiver).

Cochise
03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
According to what Hartwell said on Siruis yesterday (as reported on the Seahawks board), Hartwell was going to decide today. Said the favorites were Atlanta, Cincinatti and another team he wouldn't name. (not listed in any particular order)

So, I think we should know this afternoon on Hartwell.

tk13
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't know, but it seems like Hartwell has been "48 hours from deciding" for about 3 weeks now...

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Hey Chiefman 420, a couple of other sites are saying that Hartwell is going to announce on Sirius at 3. I dont know what time zone or even if it is a legitament rumor.

Anyway just a heads up.

Cochise
03-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Chiefman 420, a couple of other sites are saying that Hartwell is going to announce on Sirius at 3. I dont know what time zone or even if it is a legitament rumor.

Anyway just a heads up.

That's what the Seahawks board said yesterday too, that he would make his announcement this afternoon on Sirius on some afternoon sportstalk show.

Bob Dole
03-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Warpaint Nation its time to move on and forget Hartwell....

How many people live in Warpaint Nation? 4?

milkman
03-17-2005, 12:30 PM
That's what the Seahawks board said yesterday too, that he would make his announcement this afternoon on Sirius on some afternoon sportstalk show.

I know this isn't possible, but I would LMAO if he annouced that he's decided to play (team name here), and said team reported an hour later they no longer have any interest.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
How many people live in Warpaint Nation? 4?

It is a ghost town. You have "chiefsinsider" and then about 10 guys talking to him.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I know this isn't possible, but I would LMAO if he annouced that he's decided to play (team name here), and said team reported an hour later they no longer have any interest.

ROFL "Yeah Ed we will let you know in a couple a weeks."

ct
03-17-2005, 12:36 PM

If he announces he's chosen KC, then this is very possible!

htismaqe
03-17-2005, 12:44 PM

Don't sweat it. All of this cursory discussion is about Hartwell -- keep your eyes on the prize: SURTAIN.

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Don't sweat it. All of this cursory discussion is about Hartwell -- keep your eyes on the prize: SURTAIN.

Surtain would be the cherry on top. Bell/Knight/Surtain plus a couple of Hall/Adams types and Archie would be a very happy man.

htismaqe
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Surtain would be the cherry on top. Bell/Knight/Surtain plus a couple of Hall/Adams types and Archie would be a very happy man.

Yep. Me too.

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM

Does "Archie" know they are 'coloreds'?

bkkcoh
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM

I would say that would make the majority of the people on this board happier than they have been for a long time.

:thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 01:12 PM
If Hartwell is going to "announce" his decision on Sirius radio today, I have to wonder if Sirius met his signing bonus demands for the rights. ;)

Woodrow Call
03-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Does "Archie" know they are 'coloreds'?
Quiet you meathead. ROFL

mcan
03-17-2005, 01:18 PM
What line of reasoning is this? You want to be smart and strong in the middle (quarterback, middle linebacker, safety, offensive line, defensive tackle) and fast on the outside (linebacker, defensive end, corner, wide receiver).

I would agree if you were forced to settle. Lets say that you HAVE to start Gary Stills and Mike Maslowski... Where do you put them? Obviously Mike goes in the middle to protect him from having to cover WRs and split ends. And Gary goes at the WILL to protect him from having to jam up the middle since he is probably not physically capable...

However, when your choices are Hartwell and Bell (two guys who are both reasonably capable of doing both tasks) you want to put the most talented guy in the middle so that he can be a part of every down. Pitch right, the middle linebacker still has a great shot at making a play; pitch left, the middle linebacker can get there... THAT is why the best overall linebacker should always go in the middle.

"Getting to the quarterback" can happen from anywhere on the field. It happens slightly more from the outside mostly because guys that are primarily pass rushers lack the strength it takes to go THROUGH people, and prefer to go around. But a great defensive tackle or middle linebacker is just as capable of getting 10 sacks a season as a pass rushing DE or WILL linebacker. The difference is that a guy like Jerod Allen is a liability against the run, and the great middle linebacker should NOT be...

Detoxing
03-17-2005, 01:19 PM
my prediction: we will sign hartwell and surtain, draft rogers, put an uber defense on the field...go 14-2, AFC champinship game.....and then....Trent will throw like 5 interceptions and the recievers will bat away every ball thrown to em

mcan
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
...and the recievers will bat away every ball thrown to em

ROFL

Don't say that too loud though, some people might not take this as funny.

bkkcoh
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
my prediction: we will sign hartwell and surtain, draft rogers, put an uber defense on the field...go 14-2, AFC champinship game.....and then....Trent will throw like 5 interceptions and the recievers will bat away every ball thrown to em

get the rusty nuthooks out for this guy... :cuss:

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 01:24 PM

No, no....that was the Faders and Gannon a few years back...

Stinger
03-17-2005, 01:26 PM
AFC champinship game.....and then....Trent will throw like 5 interceptions and the recievers will bat away every ball thrown to em

Subsitute AFC Championship for Superbowl,and Gannon for Green you have that senerio already played out.

Count Alex's Wins
03-17-2005, 01:28 PM
I would agree if you were forced to settle. Lets say that you HAVE to start Gary Stills and Mike Maslowski... Where do you put them? Obviously Mike goes in the middle to protect him from having to cover WRs and split ends. And Gary goes at the WILL to protect him from having to jam up the middle since he is probably not physically capable...

However, when your choices are Hartwell and Bell (two guys who are both reasonably capable of doing both tasks) you want to put the most talented guy in the middle so that he can be a part of every down. Pitch right, the middle linebacker still has a great shot at making a play; pitch left, the middle linebacker can get there... THAT is why the best overall linebacker should always go in the middle.

"Getting to the quarterback" can happen from anywhere on the field. It happens slightly more from the outside mostly because guys that are primarily pass rushers lack the strength it takes to go THROUGH people, and prefer to go around. But a great defensive tackle or middle linebacker is just as capable of getting 10 sacks a season as a pass rushing DE or WILL linebacker. The difference is that a guy like Jerod Allen is a liability against the run, and the great middle linebacker should NOT be...

Oh of course. Ideally you want every defender to be a 6'5 280 lb demon from hell.

Count Alex's Wins
03-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Subsitute AFC Championship for Superbowl,and Gannon for Green you have that senerio already played out.

I think we will be just fine with Green in any big games down the road. I was worried about it but his playoff showing was excellent.

jarjar
03-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I think we will be just fine with Green in any big games down the road. I was worried about it but his playoff showing was excellent.

I agree with that. I don't see how anyone can be critical of Green right now. Last season most of his Ints were the receivers fault with a few exceptions.

mcan
03-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh of course. Ideally you want every defender to be a 6'5 280 lb demon from hell.

I'm not trying to imply that Bell and Hartwell are monsters. All I'm saying is that between Bell and Hartwell I think the best choice for the middle is Bell so that he can use the entire field. Let me put it this way:

I believe Bell would do a better job than Hartwell at ANY of the three positions. However, the position that is the most important for there to be a good job done at is at MIKE. So, Bell should go there.

The bonus is that Hartwell will do a MUCH better job than Fujita at SAM, and Barber should play a crapload better when he's healthy and playing alongside guys that know how to tackle and cover the field.

Detoxing
03-17-2005, 01:38 PM
I agree with that. I don't see how anyone can be critical of Green right now. Last season most of his Ints were the receivers fault with a few exceptions.

im not really being critical of green, just preparing myself for a huge let down...the every season life as a Chiefs fan

go bowe
03-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh of course. Ideally you want every defender to be a 6'5 280 lb demon from hell.with sub 4.4 speed...

mcan
03-17-2005, 01:40 PM

im not really being critical of green, just preparing myself for a huge let down...the every season life as a Chiefs fan

You should really try to use the "quote" feature, or you will start to sound schizoid... :(

go bowe
03-17-2005, 01:45 PM
You should really try to use the "quote" feature, or you will start to sound schizoid... :(you mean that red button that says quote on it, down there on the right side and bottom of the post you want to quote, that one?

hmmmmmm... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

go bowe
03-17-2005, 01:52 PM
yo can...

i pretty much agree with what you're saying in this thread, but i have less confidence that guys who have played ilb will be able to take over at either olb postition (which now require superior pass coverage skills thanks to the ever-maddening no contact rule)...

some guys just are built better for one or the other or are very good in traffic (a mlb) versus very good in open space (an olb)...

then there's this thing about gunther describing the lb spot as the most difficult to learn in his system and how the lb's would be the last to "get it", so to speak...

all this just makes me wonder whether we should count on an ilb being able to play olb at the same level of skill and performance...

mcan
03-17-2005, 01:56 PM
you mean that red button that says quote on it, down there on the right side and bottom of the post you want to quote, that one?

hmmmmmm... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

No.. DO NOT USE THIS BUTTON!
Sure, it SAYS "quote" on it, but that is just a trick. Now I know that shiny little button is very attractive... Almost... Seductive... But, it could be the end of humanity as we know it. STAY AWAY!

if you want to quote somebody you should do it the old fashioned way.

-Copy the text for quoting by highliting, right clicking, and clicking "copy."

-Past that text at the top of your reply.

-Type [ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/ QUOTE ]

Note: the xxxx's are the body of the pasted text.
Note: there should not be a space between the brackets and the command. [QUOTE...quoting]xxxxxxxxxx[/QUOTE...quoting]

This piece of advice COULD save your life, and everybody else's.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=mcan]-Type [ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ][QUOTE=mcan]

While you were poking fun, I am computer dumb and didn't know how to take tidbits of posts. Thanks for the insight

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 02:00 PM
LMAO see I f*cked it up

mcan
03-17-2005, 02:00 PM
yo can...

i pretty much agree with what you're saying in this thread, but i have less confidence that guys who have played ilb will be able to take over at either olb postition (which now require superior pass coverage skills thanks to the ever-maddening no contact rule)...

some guys just are built better for one or the other or are very good in traffic (a mlb) versus very good in open space (an olb)...

I guess that would depend on the individual. Again, if the guy just can't cover, he shouldn't be on the field even at the MIKE spot. That is Maz's problem IMO...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[QUOTE=mcan] -Type [ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ] [/QUOTE=mcan]

I hope this works, so I don't look like a complete tool

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Sure, it SAYS "quote" on it, but that is just a trick. Now I know that shiny little button is very attractive... Almost... Seductive... But, it could be the end of humanity as we know it. STAY AWAY!

-Type [ QUOTE="the name of the person you are quoting ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/ QUOTE ]

Note: there should not be a space between the brackets and the command. [QUOTE...quoting]xxxxxxxxxx[/QUOTE...quoting]

THIS JUST IN-THE WORLD IS GOING TO BLOW UP BECAUSE I F*CKING GIVE UP!!!!!

mcan
03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
LMAO see I f*cked it up

That was my fault. I messed up the template for you...

I never said this

Detoxing
03-17-2005, 02:04 PM

There. now arent you proud of me?

milkman
03-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Chiefsman,

While they were poking fun, they gave you a bum steer.

If you want to quote someone, just click on the red quote at the bottom right of that person's post.

Some people just don't get that we computer illiterates are easily lost out here on the web.

mcan
03-17-2005, 02:06 PM
There. now arent you proud of me?

Very...

Mcan is amazing. We haven't "done it" yet, but I'm greatly anticipating our first encounter.

This is a powerful tool once wielded correctly. :)

crossbow
03-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Agreed. Carl would have taken all of my ammo away and leave me with nothing to be sarcastic about.

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 02:25 PM
this is from the site ran by that quasi-retard Athan..take it for what its worth(??):

"I contacted the Chiefs. I have contacted all my league sources and I can tell you that the report is not accurate. There is no pending four year deal for Hartwell.. It has as much a chance of happening as Oakland defeating North Carolina in the NCAA Tourney.

My contact at the Chiefs said in reference to the report and Hartwell, "That door was closed," end quote. Guys its not going to happen unless Hartwell plays for a much lower salary and grovels to the Chiefs."

tyton75
03-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I hate that guy!

carlos3652
03-17-2005, 03:12 PM
this is from the site ran by that quasi-retard Athan..take it for what its worth(??):

"I contacted the Chiefs. I have contacted all my league sources and I can tell you that the report is not accurate. There is no pending four year deal for Hartwell.. It has as much a chance of happening as Oakland defeating North Carolina in the NCAA Tourney.

My contact at the Chiefs said in reference to the report and Hartwell, "That door was closed," end quote. Guys its not going to happen unless Hartwell plays for a much lower salary and grovels to the Chiefs."

I hope Oakland does beat N. Carolina and I hope we do sign Hartwell, if we still can get Surtain...

tomahawk kid
03-17-2005, 03:15 PM

I can't believe that people actually subscribe to that rag. The guy literally throw sh!ts against a wall and hope it sticks.

Cochise
03-17-2005, 03:17 PM
this is from the site ran by that quasi-retard Athan...

"I can tell you that the report is not accurate. "

Well, there is DEFINITELY something to it now :hmmm:

Nightfyre
03-17-2005, 03:37 PM
This post is worthless without pics. As evidence.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Is this legit?

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah.

Frosty
03-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Fecal Hz?

Try more fiber

ct
03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Unless that was 3:00 Pacific time, the Ed Hartwell waiting saga continues.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah.

ROFL

You know, I've heard more crap rumors this FA period to last a lifetime.

htismaqe
03-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Unless that was 3:00 Pacific time, the Ed Hartwell waiting saga continues.

He WAS in Seattle... :hmmm:

Inspector
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
If this comes true, I'd be willing kiss Carl Peterson's ass in Westport on opening weekend next year....

He's got a BJ coming from TC.

Your kiss loses some of its impact considering this.

buddha
03-17-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't buy that Hartwell is still in the equation unless it's for a lot less than he was looking for originally. The Surtain deal has appeared to be real for some time. He would give us an immediate top tier corner and would allow KC to really make some hay with the upcoming draft.

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I think the Surtain deal is a possibility, but I don't anticipate that it will get done before draft weekend.

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Chiefscoalition has a link to this thread, here:

vortex (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=24363)

if you click on it to go there to read about here while you're really here and not there I think something rips in the space-time continuum thingy...and they seem to think Athan is a smart guy who who writes well...meaning it must really be an alternate universe...

J Diddy
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Chiefscoalition has a link to this thread, here:

vortex (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=24363)

if you click on it to go there to read about here while you're really here and not there I think something rips in the space-time continuum thingy...and they seem to think Athan is a smart guy who who writes well...meaning it must really be an alternate universe...

alternate universes rule

KChiefs1
03-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Anymore word on the Chiefs acquiring Surtain? :banghead:

htismaqe
03-18-2005, 08:10 AM
I think the Surtain deal is a possibility, but I don't anticipate that it will get done before draft weekend.

I can see something happening about the same time as the Priest/Green deal went down...

Cochise
03-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Well, sounds like the people at the Seahawks board were FOS, or Sirius was FOS, or both.

Or Hartwell changed his mind and is speeding down 435 right now in a purple-interiored limo full of popcorn... :hmmm:

milkman
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, sounds like the people at the Seahawks board were FOS, or Sirius was FOS, or both.

Or Hartwell changed his mind and is speeding down 435 right now in a purple-interiored limo full of popcorn... :hmmm:

No I just think that Hartwell mean't 2 seasons of the series 24, when he said he would make a decision in 48 hrs.

old_geezer
03-18-2005, 09:59 AM
FWIW I was listening to a radio interview with Adam Teicher yesterday morning (Thursday) and he said the Chiefs had absolutely no interest in signing Hartwell to a contract. He claimed the Chiefs had broken off talks after they signed Bell and had not been in contact since. It was either 610 or 810 radio - I can't remember which since I flip back and forth between them when I'm driving tro work.

I don't know how reliable a source he would be, but I kind of agree that it would be hard to imagine the Chiefs signing 2 MLBs when there is so great a need at CB.

Woodrow Call
03-18-2005, 12:57 PM
This is the latest on Hartwell from espn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2015502

Of the five players in the ESPN.com top 32, look for middle linebacker Edgerton Hartwell, a terrific inside tackler, to reach a decision in the next day or so about where he will play in 2005. It appears he has narrowed his choices to Kansas City and Atlanta. If he chooses the Chiefs, it means Kendrell Bell, recently signed as a free agent, will play on the outside. If he opts for the Falcons, it would fill one of Atlanta's biggest needs and provide Jim Mora and coordinator Ed Donatell much flexibility.

I would rather have a natural OLB myself but I thought I would pass this along.