PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dreams

Braincase
03-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I remember my dream from last night. Almost lost control of the vehicle when the hail hit, seeing the funnel clouds, getting my dad and youngest daughter in the basement, touching a window and getting shocked like it was electrified. I won't forget this one.

Dreams are kind of wierd. I've had 'em before, forgotten them, then having that deja vu feeling like I've seen an event before it happened.

I'll let you guys know when I have the dream about the Chiefs winning the Superbowl... but I gotta tell you , this dream last night has put a scare in me. I know this one id going to happen. Intense hail, the funnel clouds, the neighbors dog getting hurt from flying debris, the whole nine yards. I just don't know when.

The Pedestrian
03-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Geez, that sounds pretty messed up. At any point did you fall? Falling dreams are the best!

Rausch
03-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Yup, those suck...

Braincase
03-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Geez, that sounds pretty messed up. At any point did you fall? Falling dreams are the best!

I've had the falling dreams - usually preseded by a dreamt gunshot to the back of the head.

I like the bounding dreams the best. Leaping for miles.

milkman
03-17-2005, 06:15 AM
I like the bounding dreams the best. Leaping for miles.

Were you big and green? :hmmm:

Braincase
03-17-2005, 06:18 AM
Were you big and green? :hmmm:

I'm always big, dude. And green on this day annually. Otherwise, I wear black as my perpetual tribute to Johnny Cash.

the Talking Can
03-17-2005, 06:29 AM
I had this dream where some senile old man kept following me around an outlet mall, he had a big Orange Julius and a colostomy bag (it too had a straw in it)...he was doing that thing where you kick the heel of the person in front of you while they're walking which causes their leg to fly forward and they take this giant, goofy looking step...well, he was doing this over and over as we walked up and down the sidewalk of this outlet mall, past Dress Barn and Van Heusen and Kitchen Palace and Bulk Undies...all of the time he was mumbling under his breath:

"I'm going to resign Carl Peterson, you asshole"
"I'm going to resign Carl Peterson, you donkey raper"
"I'm going to resign Carl Peterson, you douche bag"
"I'm going to resign Carl Peterson, you fart licker"
etc...

Then I awoke and logged on to the Chiefsplanet and realized it wasn't a dream.

Spooky.

Rausch
03-17-2005, 06:31 AM
"Tech support! TECH SUPPORT!1!"

Ultra Peanut
03-17-2005, 06:39 AM
I really hate to bring this up, since I know you've had a traumatic start to your day and all, but I'm pretty sure what you described was not a lucid dream, Case.

stanleychief
03-17-2005, 06:59 AM
About lucid dreams:

If you want to have more dreams and have them become more vivid each time, start keeping a 'dream journal'. Just get a small notebook and pen and keep it near your bed. First thing when you wake up, write down everything you can remember about the dream(s) you had. You don't have to take long and be super descriptive, but try to put some details into it.

Pretty soon, you'll be surprised how much you begin remembering. I noticed that not only did I remember more about each dream, but I started having better dreams, with more detail. You'll also start to notice that you really have multiple small dreams in a night and will begin to remember all of them.

Another interesting thing to try to look for dreamsigns, or things that indicate that you are dreaming. Look for odd patterns that are consistent in your dreams. For me, my dreamsign was that in my dreams I was chewing tobacco, which is something I had recently quit in real life. I knew that if I was chewing, I was dreaming, so it became easy to tell when I was dreaming and when I wasn't. Once you can spot your dreamsign, you can take control of your dreams. Pretty crazy stuff.

I never got too much into it, but the fact that I had less bad dreams and the dreams were much more detailed made it worth the effort.

morphius
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
As others have said, lucid dreams are dreams where you actually wake up and take over some control of the dream. I used to be able to do it, but I'm so tired anymore that when I do get a chance to take a dream over that I choose just to ignore the fact that I'm having one. Its weird, its kind of like having the TV on in another room while you sit in the dark.

Saggysack
03-17-2005, 08:40 AM
The only time I remember my dreams is when I try to run in them. Pisses me off that I can't run any faster than slow motion.

FloridaChief
03-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Lucid dreams are in the realm of the Pan-Mexican sorcerors, the "brujos" who developed the art of "Dreamings" into practical application.

In other words, it's all bullshit. F*ck you, Carlos Casteneda...

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2005, 04:27 PM
coolest and oddest dream I had was when I was 8 years old Sasqauch or Bigfoot was hosting a Late Night Show in Johnny Carson format. Bigfoot sang a jingle and everything.... even danced a little jig