PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY. Especially to my fellow Irish.

Frankie
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:) :thumb:

seclark
03-17-2005, 07:03 AM
in!
sec

Donger
03-17-2005, 07:28 AM
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:) :thumb:

I thought you were of Persian ancestry?

cadmonkey
03-17-2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/15868.gif

Pennywise
03-17-2005, 08:01 AM

Abu Musab Al Oreilly Murphy.

RedNFeisty
03-17-2005, 08:04 AM
Eye, good day to all!! Letís all drink and be merry on this celebration of beer day!!

LOL :toast:

CosmicPal
03-17-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm Irish, I'm Drunk, So what?

Happy St. Paddy's Day you blokes- from someone with an Irish blood in his family.

Frankie
03-17-2005, 08:22 AM

Is there a difference? :shrug:

Frankie
03-17-2005, 08:26 AM

OK... OK... IRanISH!

ChiefsOne
03-17-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm 1/8 Irish, but look about 100% the part. Red hair and blue eyes. Does that count enough?

Happy Saint Paddy's day to all.

stumppy
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
As my dear departed great grandmother, Myrtle Galloway, would say.
Happy St. Paddy's day.:toast:

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-17-2005, 09:18 AM
We're all Irish today!!!!

:thumb:

wilas101
03-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Happy St. Patty's everyone.

It depresses me though. Living out here in the sticks.... no place ever does anything special for St. Patricks Day.

Here's to hoping everyone that can take part in a good day of over indulgence has fun doing so. :)

Donger
03-17-2005, 09:24 AM

No. No we're not, thanks.

cadmonkey
03-17-2005, 09:28 AM

Be proud of what you really are. Leave us Irish alone...........bunch of posers!

MOhillbilly
03-17-2005, 09:30 AM
bunch of potato niggs.

siberian khatru
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
One of my all-time favorite National Lampoon pieces, "Foreigners Around the World," by P.J. O'Rourke:

http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/irish.jpg
IRISH
Racial Characteristics:
Pie-faced, neckless, bandy-legged sots who almost never f*ck. Ignorant and superstitious, they are in utter thrall to the vile, conniving priests of their dark and barbarous religion. Their women have their legs on upside down and no man in the country eats anything but potatoes, and only eats them when has out of strong drink. The principal delights of the Irish are in quarreling and fighting and killing each other with bombs. They can be trained to do nothing useful that a dray horse can't accomplish in half the time, and they spew out a continuous stream of mumbles and grunts which they fancy to be "poems." They sell their children for whiskey.

Good Points:
Many Irish are dead.

Proper Forms of Address:
Bogmouth, peat-face, Mr. Potato Head, nun-buns, dumb Mick.

An Anecdote Illustrating Something of the Irish Character:
There once was an Irishman who got so drunk while he was in Rome that he kissed his wife and beat the Pope's foot to a pulp with a coal shovel.

http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/foreigners12.html

(That link will lead you to many other politically-incorrect descriptions.)

Donger
03-17-2005, 09:36 AM
There once was an Irishman who got so drunk while he was in Rome that he kissed his wife and beat the Pope's foot to a pulp with a coal shovel.

Heh.

badgirl
03-17-2005, 09:40 AM
My grandmother was dutch, does that count?

Donger
03-17-2005, 09:42 AM

German Good Points: They kill a lot of French.

ROFL

chiefs4me
03-17-2005, 09:49 AM
What's so happy about it? yes, I am irish...but not feeling the love today.

MOhillbilly
03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
What's so happy about it? yes, I am irish...but not feeling the love today.

its not love its poor genetics.

RedNFeisty
03-17-2005, 09:54 AM
One of my all-time favorite National Lampoon pieces, "Foreigners Around the World," by P.J. O'Rourke:

http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/irish.jpg
IRISH
Racial Characteristics:
Pie-faced, neckless, bandy-legged sots who almost never f*ck. Ignorant and superstitious, they are in utter thrall to the vile, conniving priests of their dark and barbarous religion. Their women have their legs on upside down and no man in the country eats anything but potatoes, and only eats them when has out of strong drink. The principal delights of the Irish are in quarreling and fighting and killing each other with bombs. They can be trained to do nothing useful that a dray horse can't accomplish in half the time, and they spew out a continuous stream of mumbles and grunts which they fancy to be "poems." They sell their children for whiskey.

Good Points:
Many Irish are dead.

Proper Forms of Address:
Bogmouth, peat-face, Mr. Potato Head, nun-buns, dumb Mick.

An Anecdote Illustrating Something of the Irish Character:

LOL...I am German/Irish and I fit none of the above descriptions!

siberian khatru
03-17-2005, 09:56 AM

I'm half Irish and it describes me to a T. ;)

RedNFeisty
03-17-2005, 10:02 AM

I was being quit facetious! However, my legs are not on upside down and I love sex!

cadmonkey
03-17-2005, 10:04 AM

I hope you at least got Jameson in return for you kids :p

go bowe
03-17-2005, 11:32 AM
aye, happy st. paddy's day to ya awl... :toast:

Morty80
03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Happy St. Patty's day... let's get drunk and do something stupid!!!

crossbow
03-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Burp !! :thumb:

Raiderhader
03-17-2005, 01:20 PM
No. No we're not, thanks.

LOL! I might have to hit one of the British pubs near my place later tonight to see what the mood is like in one of those places on St. Paddy's Day. :)

Donger
03-17-2005, 01:21 PM
LOL! I might have to hit one of the British pubs near my place later tonight to see what the mood is like in one of those places on St. Paddy's Day. :)

If it's a "real" British pub, be prepared for open hostility.

Raiderhader
03-17-2005, 01:28 PM
If it's a "real" British pub, be prepared for open hostility.

Well I ain't about to walk in there wearing green and singing an Irish drinking song. Hell, I am not wearing any green today at all. I have Scots Irish ancestary, but so far all I have been able to discover is the Scottish lineage. I see no reason to celebrate being something that I am not. I do not celebrate Cinco De Mayo either, 'cuz I ain't Mexican.

Dremel
03-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Here is to all the Mexicans going home next Cinco De Mayo! Now that is something to celebrate :BLVD:

big nasty kcnut
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Happy st paddy day. Let hope we get drunk as hell so we can have a story to tell.

Donger
03-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Well I ain't about to walk in there wearing green and singing an Irish drinking song. Hell, I am not wearing any green today at all. I have Scots Irish ancestary, but so far all I have been able to discover is the Scottish lineage. I see no reason to celebrate being something that I am not. I do not celebrate Cinco De Mayo either, 'cuz I ain't Mexican.

St. Patrick's Day and not wearing green led to many a scuffle for my brothers and I when we were growing up. Ah, memories.

Raiderhader
03-17-2005, 01:51 PM
St. Patrick's Day and not wearing green led to many a scuffle for my brothers and I when we were growing up. Ah, memories.

There was a girl last night who decided she wanted to remind me of what today was and to be sure to wear green. I told her I wasn't Irish and would not be wearing green. She said, "But all the girls are going to want to pinch you." "Yeah, that's the idea", I responded.

Donger
03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
There was a girl last night who decided she wanted to remind me of what today was and to be sure to wear green. I told her I wasn't Irish and would not be wearing green. She said, "But all the girls are going to want to pinch you." "Yeah, that's the idea", I responded.

ROFL

I had forgotten about that.

MOhillbilly
03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
:p

RedNFeisty
03-17-2005, 03:20 PM
As a child growing up I remember making a big deal out of St. Paddy's Day. Now, it seems like very few even care it is St. Patrick's day. I have only seen a small amount of people even bothering to wear green.

I know when it is MLK Day, suppose that is only because I am cusing about others getting the day off while I am still stuck at work. Okay, which is better? A holiday where you can miss work and be paid, or a holiday that has been made into a national drinking day by those who observe it?

Frosty
03-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I work next doors to a Catholic Charities office. I see they got today off. :mad:

I don't even get Memorial Day and Labor Day off. :cuss:

Coach
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
If anyone sees Warfield out tonight, please give him a ride home.

Joe Seahawk
03-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Happy St. Pats day everyone! I'm going out to celebrate!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050309/capt.sge.ric19.090305163028.photo00.photo.default-248x384.jpg

stumppy
03-17-2005, 06:39 PM

Me too !! My grandparents on both sides were German and Irish. If there is anything at all we should be able to do well it is drinking.:D Among a few other things.:evil:

Always wondered what it would be like to have a kissin cousin .;)

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm not Irish (well not much) but, hell, any excuse to drink.

RNR
03-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Same to you my Irish friend! May your pints be cold, and may there be plenty! Here is my favorite Irish prayer:
God bless those who love us, and God turn the hearts of those who don't, and if He can not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we shall know the bastards by their limp.

J Diddy
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
If anyone sees Warfield out tonight, please give him a ride home.

ROFL

J Diddy
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Same to you my Irish friend! May your pints be cold, and may there be plenty! Here is my favorite Irish prayer:
God bless those who love us, and God turn the hearts of those who don't, and if He can not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we shall know the bastards by their limp.

That is truly awesome.

Frankie
03-18-2005, 07:11 AM
So who hasn't chimed in on this thread?

WILLIAM THE IRISH

Fake bastard!
;)

|Zach|
03-18-2005, 07:12 AM
I feel like 7 shades of hell right now.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 07:28 AM
If you ever met me at in person at B5 you would know I'm Irish. I have a lot of freckles and about as white as as you can get. Look like I stepped off the pages of a Norman Rockwell painting as a kid. I traveled around the world for a few years and the big joke was that when people saw me they knew I was Irish or American and since the Irish couldn't afford to travel I had to be an American. Wasn't that funny to me but several countries thought it was hilarious.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2005, 07:32 AM

Go downtown? pub crawl?

J Diddy
03-18-2005, 07:34 AM

I feel the same. Little leprechaun kicked my ass last night.

|Zach|
03-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Go downtown? pub crawl?
Ebbet's Field.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Ebbet's Field.

They still have those great wings?

Pants
03-18-2005, 07:42 AM
German Good Points: They kill a lot of French.

ROFL

What do you feed 563,490,000 Indians when you only have 300 pounds of wheat?
Leftovers.
What's the difference between an Indian toddler and a regulation NFL football?
A football has to weigh at least fourteen ounces.

ROFL Good shit, good shit.

And no thanks, I don't need to be Irish to get wasted.

|Zach|
03-18-2005, 07:44 AM
They still have those great wings?
To be honest with you I am not sure, I have never had them. I generally go up their to drink with friends.

But everything I have had food wise has always been really good so I imagine the Wings would follow suit.

BigRedChief
03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
To be honest with you I am not sure, I have never had them. I generally go up their to drink with friends.

But everything I have had food wise has always been really good so I imagine the Wings would follow suit.

Some of the best I've ever had. Wrote a review of the place for the entertainment mag that I was working for at the time. Nice work when you can get it.:)

Frankie
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
So who hasn't chimed in on this thread?

WILLIAM THE IRISH

Fake bastard!
;)

What have you to say about yourself...... WILLIAM?

The Pedestrian
03-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Too bad I couldn't respond to this last night, but happy St. Patrick's Day!

:toast: :toast: