PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Pro Bowler to meet with Chiefs today..

Joe Seahawk
03-17-2005, 07:09 AM
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/4687635p-4338102c.html

Seahawks receiver Alex Bannister is visiting with the Kansas City Chiefs. Bannister earned a Pro Bowl berth for his special-teams play during the 2003 season. … The Seahawks offered a one-year contract to Chartric “Chuck” Darby, a free-agent defensive tackle from Tampa Bay. Darby, who is seeking a three-year deal, headed to Denver for a visit with the Broncos. … The Seahawks met with free-agent receiver Joe Jurevicius. … Linebacker Edgerton Hartwell, who visited Seattle this week, plans to choose between three teams, his agent said. ... The Seahawks’ exhibition schedule includes home games against the Dallas Cowboys (Aug. 22) and Minnesota Vikings (Sept. 2). Dates have not been set for road games at New Orleans and Kansas City.

ROYC75
03-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Hey Joe, what 3 teams is Hartwell decideding on ?

Joe Seahawk
03-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Only he and his agent know..

I'd say Seattle Cincinatti and Kansas City

ct
03-17-2005, 07:18 AM
What can you tell us about Bannister? Does he get any PT at all at WR?

jspchief
03-17-2005, 07:37 AM
He saw very liitle playing time at WR last year, in spite of the fact that they have a bunch of stone-handed bums for starters. Rice probably kept him off the field.

He has 9 catches in his 4 year career. Doesn't sound like he'd make an impact in our receiving corps. He is a big SOB though. 6' 5", 207

Joe Seahawk
03-17-2005, 07:42 AM
He saw very liitle playing time at WR last year, in spite of the fact that they have a bunch of stone-handed bums for starters. Rice probably kept him off the field.

He has 9 catches in his 4 year career. Doesn't sound like he'd make an impact in our receiving corps. He is a big SOB though. 6' 5", 207

I think he had Shoulder surgery and missed all of last year.. He's a stud special teams cover guy, he's very fast, and has decent hands..

He's also the guy that ran the wrong pattern causing Milli Vanilli of the Packers pick it off for the score in OT in the 03 playoffs

Coach
03-17-2005, 07:46 AM
I think he had Shoulder surgery and missed all of last year.. He's a stud special teams cover guy, he's very fast, and has decent hands..

He's also the guy that ran the wrong pattern causing Milli Vanilli of the Packers pick it off for the score in OT in the 03 playoffs

Ugghh... not sure if I want to bring another WR that runs wrong routes and "decent" hands...

jspchief
03-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Ugghh... not sure if I want to bring another WR that runs wrong routes and "decent" hands...

How the hell can anyone say if he has decent hands anyway? He has 9 receptions in 4 years. Even if he's only been thrown to 9 times, It's not enough to have any idea what he's capable of.

All that being said, our special teams suck ass, and if he can help that, I'm all for getting him.

jcroft
03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I believe he's a very, very good gunner on special teams. I doubt he's being brought in for his WR play...

Coach
03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
How the hell can anyone say if he has decent hands anyway? He has 9 receptions in 4 years. Even if he's only been thrown to 9 times, It's not enough to have any idea what he's capable of.

All that being said, our special teams suck ass, and if he can help that, I'm all for getting him.

Exactly my point. Thus the reason why I said I rather not bring him in. Unless he's really that good in Special Teams, then I see no harm in that if he signs to a vet. min.

Chief Henry
03-17-2005, 08:11 AM
ROFL

ct
03-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Maybe he is not being brought in for his WR play, but he will command a WR roster spot, potentially pushing someone else off the roster who MAY contribute as a WR, i.e. Horn or Smith. Is this an overall improvement? I say no.