PDA

View Full Version : 20 years for not being a snitch, wonderful.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Funny thing is they can't prove she ever saw anything and they are still sending her down the road for 20. Our legal system has become a joke.

Rapper Lil' Kim Convicted of Perjury

Email this Story

Mar 17, 6:39 PM (ET)

By LARRY NEUMEISTER

(AP) Lil' Kim whose real name is Kimberly Jones enters Manhattan federal court, Thursday, March 17,...
Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - Rap diva Lil' Kim was convicted Thursday of lying to a federal grand jury to protect friends who were involved in a shootout outside a radio station.

Lil' Kim and her assistant were both convicted of perjury and conspiracy but acquitted of obstruction of justice. Kim faces up to 20 years in prison - five years each for three perjury counts and one count of conspiracy - at her June 24 sentencing.

The former sidekick and mistress of the late Notorious B.I.G., known for her revealing outfits and raunchy raps, testified that she didn't notice two close friends at the scene of the 2001 gun battle - her manager, Damion Butler, and Suif "Gutta" Jackson. Both men have since pleaded guilty to gun charges.

The jury saw radio station security photos showing Butler opening a door for Lil' Kim. And witnesses Antoine "Banger" Spain and James "Lil' Cease" Lloyd, who once made hit records with Lil' Kim in the group Junior M.A.F.I.A, testified that Butler and Jackson were at the station with her.

Both defendants shook their heads as the verdicts were delivered. Lil' Kim's supporters broke out in sobs. While many rappers have gone to prison, Lil' Kim, 29, would be the first big-name female to do time.

Asked outside court whether she had any comment, Lil' Kim, wearing a beige pants suit and a pink jacket, shook her head and said no. "We love you," a bystander shouted.

"Atlantic Records remains completely supportive of Lil' Kim, one of hip-hop's most talented artists," her label in a statement. She has an album scheduled for release later this year.

The shootout occurred outside WQHT, a.k.a. Hot 97, when Lil' Kim's entourage crossed paths with a rival rap group, Capone-N-Noreaga. Kim's entourage confronted them about the song "Bang, Bang" from a Capone-N-Noreaga album, which contained a scathing dis to Kim from her longtime rival, Foxy Brown. A shootout erupted, leaving one man injured and more than two dozen rounds fired.

The shooting took place outside the same station where the posses of 50 Cent and The Game traded bullets last week. No arrests have been made in that shooting, which left one of Game's henchmen wounded in the leg.

(AP) Rap star Lil' Kim, center, accompanied by her attorney Mel Sachs, arrives at federal court as jury...
Full Image

Assistant U.S. Attorney Cathy Seibel told jurors that the 4-foot-11 Lil' Kim, born Kimberly Jones, had repeatedly lied to them, just as she did to the grand jury. The prosecutor belittled the defense claim that the sunglasses-wearing Lil' Kim didn't notice her two close friends at the scene of the crime.

"You would have to believe they were magic sunglasses that only block out your friends who were shooting people," Seibel told the jury.

Defense lawyer Mel Sachs argued that Lil' Kim had no reason to protect Butler and Jackson because she had already eliminated them from her life.

Lil' Kim testified that after the shooting she had a falling out with Butler, Banger and Cease because they were freeloading at her New Jersey town house. She said she decided to cut off Butler completely after he caused a ruckus outside a video shoot with Phil Collins.

"I was just fed up," she said on the stand. "They were taking advantage of me."

The rapper also testified at length about her modest background and mercurial career, which began with an impromptu performance for B.I.G. on the street in their Brooklyn neighborhood.

As B.I.G. became a superstar, Lil' Kim became "Queen Bee," the oversexed gangsta girl in his otherwise all-male clique. Her first album, 1996's "Hard Core," lived up to its title with its sexually explicit lyrics - and became a big hit, thanks to songs like "Crush On You" and others with unmentionable titles.

Lil' Kim developed into one of the few female rappers with a commercially viable career. As plastic surgery slowly transformed her from cute around-the-way girl to glam, top-heavy pinup, she morphed into a sexy fashionista who, for some, exemplified female empowerment.

Her bigger-than-rap status was cemented in 1999 when, while presenting an MTV award wearing a pasty over one exposed breast, co-presenter Diana Ross jiggled Kim's bare flesh.

She won a Grammy in 2001 for her part in the hit remake of "Lady Marmalade." Now she's probably headed to prison, adding a chapter to a remarkable life that already has produced an accredited Syracuse University course titled "The Life and Times of Lil' Kim."

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 05:06 PM
BTW, no way this holds up. What a waste of money.

Rain Man
03-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Her bigger-than-rap status was cemented in 1999 when, while presenting an MTV award wearing a pasty over one exposed breast, co-presenter Diana Ross jiggled Kim's bare flesh.

Um, link?

(That'll be good practice for prison, by the way.)

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2005, 05:11 PM
BTW, no way this holds up. What a waste of money.Is this the type of thread where people start to get on you about you stance on the war on drugs and pregnancy rates? :)

(BTW, our legal system just gets sadder by the day...)

Count Zarth
03-17-2005, 05:12 PM
I thought this thread was about Carl. ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Pics?

Wallcrawler
03-17-2005, 05:16 PM
She lied under oath. She committed perjury.

She asked for anything that she receives.

Simplex3
03-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Ok, is it just me or has anyone else noticed:

Rappers must be TERRIBLE shots! You always hear about them being in group shootouts, but then they only manage to hit one guy in the leg? Christ, go to the range and practice already...

:shake:

runnercyclist
03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Let's just hope she gets the full 20

Calcountry
03-17-2005, 05:24 PM

Rappers must be TERRIBLE shots! You always hear about them being in group shootouts, but then they only manage to hit one guy in the leg? Christ, go to the range and practice already...

:shake:I think its becaue they think its cool to turn their piece sideways when they shoot.

Mile High Mania
03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
And, how many people care... I'm more interested in what Martha is going to do now that she is free.

Rain Man
03-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Here we go.

http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020823/175614__lilkim_l.jpg

Deberg_1990
03-17-2005, 05:27 PM

She was probably screwed either way....If she ratted out her friends, they would have found her lying face down in an alley a few months later. She lied to try and save them and she takes the fall for it now. But hell, thats the price you pay for hanging out with such shady characters....

eazyb81
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I think its becaue they think its cool to turn their piece sideways when they shoot.

you mean it's not cool? :shrug:

Simplex3
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
And, how many people care... I'm more interested in what Martha is going to do now that she is free.
I'm only interrested in Martha if she gets in a shootout with a rap group...

mikey23545
03-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Why would anyone think that committing perjury in a case about a shooting would not be a serious matter?

Some people need to quit roasting so many brain cells with pot...

Mr. Kotter
03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm not tryin' to start anything BD, but honestly....how is our legal system suppose to work without perjury and contempt of court (or Congress charges).

The mob, the mafia, gangs, and other thugs would merely have to threaten and intimidate scared people into shutting their mouths. It already happens, but take away those....and criminals will walk--in large numbers.

I hope they go to California, rather than my neighborhood. :shake:

Dave Lane
03-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Cool!

As Hobson said in the movie "Arthur"

Good luck in prison!

Dave

Dayze
03-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Simply Stunning

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/charlatan/snl/jeo01.jpg

TheNextStep
03-17-2005, 09:08 PM
If the lady was lying to cover the asses of people who were involved in a freakin' shootout, she deserves to do time.

That said, 20 years is insane. She'll never be sentenced to twenty. It'll probably be something like 3 years per count, served concurrently.

Phobia
03-17-2005, 09:19 PM

:shake:

I was just getting ready to post the same. As a member of the USMC, we were trained not to wasted ammo. One shot, one kill isn't just a sniper's mantra.

This stuff blows my mind. I imagine it's just like in the movies with the "hero" ducking a hail of gunfire.... It's probably all staged anyway.

Phobia
03-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm only interrested in Martha if she gets in a shootout with a rap group...

She could throw pies and send more homies to the ER.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 09:21 PM

How can you prove what somebody saw or didn't see? This is horseshit it will never stick.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 09:26 PM

Make a comeback what else. Very few give a rats ass about our horribly skewed legal system anymore. I'll predict right now she will do good. She is getting pretty old to knock the cover off the ball but else can you say for someone who's products continue to fly off the shelf while she is doing time.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MSO&t=5y

Look at the chart on that bad boy......................er I mean bad girl. She is going to rake like a MO.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Let's just hope she gets the full 20

Your a complete retard. Who is this Mr. One post, Ghostof so he can finally hand out some bad rep that finally counts for something. What a weasle.

Phobia
03-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Make a comeback what else. Very few give a rats ass about our horribly skewed legal system anymore.

I do. I bitch about it all the damn time. We have so many ****ing laws in this country that 20 lawyers couldn't combine to learn them all in a lifetime. The best thing that could happen to the US is another civil war and a fresh slate. I'm not kidding.

whoman69
03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
How can you prove what somebody saw or didn't see? This is horseshit it will never stick.
They're not saying she is a direct witness to the crime. She stated in her testimony that she did not notice two people at the scene of a crime, when in fact they have tape that one of them opened the door for her. She lied to protect friends in a court of law and should go to jail. There is no way she serves 20 years. Being a big star, she will in actuality serve no more than six month if that.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I do. I bitch about it all the damn time. We have so many ****ing laws in this country that 20 lawyers couldn't combine to learn them all in a lifetime. The best thing that could happen to the US is another civil war and a fresh slate. I'm not kidding.

Rep, thank god there are other people out there that can see the light.

The war on drugs is the worst of the worst though. Every year we add a bunch of substances to our already endless list. Just recently with this new demonization of steroids the war on drugs has expanded to include almost everything you already have in your medicine cabinet. From vicodin, xanax and darvon to the very most basic prescription meds. They are raiding American households now for ordering from pharmacies out of the country. What's next the DEA kicking in my door for my order of DMSO?

What's really sick are the weak sisters out there that feel the need to have our society micro-managed by the government to this level it's ludicrous. What's even more pathetic than that is they really think the politicians and our judicial branch are doing this in our best interest. It's all for the kids, give me a ****ing break already.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 10:18 PM
They're not saying she is a direct witness to the crime. She stated in her testimony that she did not notice two people at the scene of a crime, when in fact they have tape that one of them opened the door for her. She lied to protect friends in a court of law and should go to jail. There is no way she serves 20 years. Being a big star, she will in actuality serve no more than six month if that.

6 months is way more in line.

keg in kc
03-17-2005, 10:37 PM
The best thing that could happen to the US is another civil war and a fresh slate. I'd be content with a constitutional convention. I think all that would happen if we had a civil war is that China would come in and pick up the pieces. And as much as I like Chinese food....

Phobia
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I'd be content with a constitutional convention. I think all that would happen if we had a civil war is that China would come in and pick up the pieces. And as much as I like Chinese food....

Well, I don't think we'd actually fight a civil war. But, I think that the partisanship in government could potentially reach a point where absolutely nothing is accomplished in D.C. and the government collapses. I dunno. I think our system has gotten entirely too big for its britches. We have to get something done or we could be in for a world of shit.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 10:58 PM

Here's a kicker, I have heard it all now. California wants to push through a bunch of new legislation on the use of sun tanning beds. ROFL

WTF is that? As a country we are killing ourselves with food, it's the number one killer. Nobody wants to regulate a bunch of fat ass pigs shoveling shit down their traps though that would insensitive and definately not PC. No lets concentrate on things that are beyond ridiculous like a couple morons blaming athlete's for influencing their kids to take them so they end up commiting suicide. Did it ever occur to anyone that these idiots were wacked long before they took steroids. I have know a ton of people that have taken roids and not one of them ever said they experienced depression ever.

Now tanning beds good god. We better get on that right away. Who knows how many helpless kids are out there unknowingly commiting suicide under the lights. There doing this all for the kids naturally. :cuss: