PDA

View Full Version : Baseball drug testing before congress...

Fairplay
03-17-2005, 06:49 PM
The whole testimony before congress (on MSNBC) is a classic and recordable worthy, you should see the baseball commisioner Bud Selig and Donald Fehr, who is the baseball players representative and there lawyers squirm under testimony. This makes for great entertainment. The lawyers try to talk for 30 seconds and they get cut off by more ripping on the policy baseball has. I thought i would post this in Washington D.C. thread since it is political. Wondering if anyone else watched (or is watching) the fiasco.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey congress, get the **** out of baseball you ****ing tards.

jcl-kcfan2
03-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Hey congress, get the **** out of baseball you ****ing tards.

Thats right!!!

No more anti-trust exemption for baseball!!

Maybe then baseball can be re-born.

StcChief
03-19-2005, 12:25 PM
While we are at it. Put in a salary cap.

DenverChief
03-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Personally I think congress should take up legislation to make drug thesting senators/congressmen mandatory...with some of the crap they try and push thru you would think they are :bong:

jAZ
03-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Actually Congress is overseeing a commercial industry. They have jurisdiction over this kind of matter as much as they do over Enron or any other commerical activity.

That said, this was as much a dog-and-pony show as it was an actual attempt at doing the business of Congress.

And THAT said, I think this kind of public, under-oath forum is something that most every sports fan wants to see - even if they prefered it didn't come at the expense of the taxpayers.

I think - if nothing else - we learned that Mark McGuire probably did take steroids, and that Palmero probably didn't take them.

milkman
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
I think - if nothing else - we learned that Mark McGuire probably did take steroids, and that Palmero probably didn't take them.

Probably?

Probably means you didn't learn anything.

You didn't learn that McGuire did take steroids.
You didn't learn that Palmiero didn't take steroids.

You are still only left with speculation.

As for Palmeiro, he may have seemed the most credible, but if, as Eric Casilion(?) of ESPN radio says, his HR production really jumped the same season that Canseco became his teammate, how does he explain that unfortunate coincidence?

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Personally I think congress should take up legislation to make drug thesting senators/congressmen mandatory...with some of the crap they try and push thru you would think they are :bong:

Exactly

BIG_DADDY
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Take it one step further and impliment a lifetime ban on any politician ever testing dirty for any substance. That's what they want for baseball and they are politicians for god's sake they should be held to a higher standard.

bkkcoh
03-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Take it one step further and impliment a lifetime ban on any politician ever testing dirty for any substance. That's what they want for baseball and they are politicians for god's sake they should be held to a higher standard.

BD,

What color is the sky in your world.... :banghead: :toast: