PDA

View Full Version : Between Chiefs and Falcons according to Pastabelly

Joe Seahawk
03-18-2005, 12:58 PM
The one whom is not to be mentioned is still undecided apparently..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2015502

tk13
03-18-2005, 01:00 PM
You know it's gone on too long when you don't have to read the article, nor put the name of the player in the thread title, to know who you're talking about here....

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM
You know it's gone on too long when you don't have to read the article, nor put the name of the player in the thread title, to know who you're talking about here....
hehe ... true dat ROFL ROFL

tomahawk kid
03-18-2005, 01:02 PM
That means he ain't comin' here.

Gravedigger
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
hmmm but the falcons offered lower then we did so unless the falcons have something we don't then I'd say we might very well get him.

tk13
I don't know, everything I've read seems to indicate the Falcons really don't have much cap space to work with. We'll see... sure sounds like whoever gets him will get him at a great price.

Mr. Laz
Edgerton Hartwell
Linebacker Baltimore Ravens
2004 SEASON STATISTICS
Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int
97 - 58-39 - 01 - 00 -00

Of the five players in the ESPN.com top 32, look for middle linebacker Edgerton Hartwell, a terrific inside tackler, to reach a decision in the next day or so about where he will play in 2005. It appears he has narrowed his choices to Kansas City and Atlanta. If he chooses the Chiefs, it means Kendrell Bell, recently signed as a free agent, will play on the outside. If he opts for the Falcons, it would fill one of Atlanta's biggest needs and provide Jim Mora and coordinator Ed Donatell much flexibility.

:hmmm: i wonder if he's just guessing about Bell being moved to the outside or whether he actually talked to someone?

i would think that hartwell could be a good SSLB

the Talking Can
03-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm trying hard to care...

Woodrow Call
Who should I believe Len "Trotter is a Chief" Pastabelly or Nick "Insider" Athan?

I guess someone gets to be right this time.

Saulbadguy
You know, I think if we had both Bell and Hartwell, we could go from having the worst LB corps in the league to having one of the best...

BigChiefFan
03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Carl's interview made it sound like we weren't interested in Hartwell anymore.

Detoxing
03-18-2005, 01:09 PM
:hmmm: i wonder if he's just guessing about Bell being moved to the outside or whether he actually talked to someone?

i would think that hartwell could be a good SSLB

I would much rather see hartwell in the middle. the knock on him is that is is horribly slow.

ct
03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm trying hard to care...

... and I'm trying hard to move on, but just can't seem to keep from looking back.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I would much rather see hartwell in the middle. the knock on him is that is is horribly slow.

put Hartwell in a #48 jersey & he couldn't out run a turtle

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Carl's interview made it sound like we weren't interested in Hartwell anymore.

I heard Carl in an interview a couple days ago & he said there was a couple of CB that could be traded for...who knows what he says is true or not

BigChiefFan
03-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I heard Carl in an interview a couple days ago & he said there was a couple of CB that could be traded for...who knows what he says is true or not
Yea, I heard the same interview, Isn't the same interview he indicated we weren't interested in Hartwell anymore?

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Yea, I heard the same interview, Isn't the same interview he indicated we weren't interested in Hartwell anymore?

I don't recall, I have heard & read so much stuff, no way I can remember it all & from where it came

Gravedigger
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Carl is FOS anybody is interested in hartwell for the right price.

Bootlegged
03-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Let me write this down....hehe.....just for shits sake.

Allen
Sims
Dalton/Browning
Hicks

Kendrell Bell
Edgerton Hartwell
Shitty existing OLB (Fujita, whoever)

Surtain
Knight
Wesley
Warfield/#15 pick

Ah, dare to dream. This could be a mid-tier D!

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Let me write this down....hehe.....just for shits sake.
Allen
Sims
Dalton/Browning
Hicks

Kendrell Bell
Edgerton Hartwell
Shitty existing OLB (Fujita, whoever)

Surtain
Knight
Wesley
Warfield/#15 pick

Ah, dare to dream. This could be a mid-tier D!
not bad... but i would make a few adjustments

allen
savaii
dalton
Browning (browning kicks Hicks' ass if giving a chance to compete)

Mitchell (has the speed to play OLB)
Hartwell
Bell

Surtain
Knight
????? (let woods,wesley,battle,pile,hart,connot fight it out)
Draft pick (until Warfield returns from suspension)

Frankie
03-18-2005, 01:48 PM
GOooooo FALCONS!!

jiveturkey
03-18-2005, 01:55 PM
It would be a lot easier to lose the 2nd rounder for Surtain if we signed Hartwell.

Laz,
How could you put Mitchell above Fujita on the outside? I picture Mitchell being a backup at all 3 positions and also allowing us to ocasionally play a 3-4. We'll also have Barber mid-season, which will give us even more flexibility.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 01:58 PM
If we could get our hands on Hartwell, and Bell plays well, they will make our CB's look better all by themselves

Count Alex's Wins
03-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Dum deedly doo...

el borracho
03-18-2005, 02:28 PM
So he will definitely decide in the next 6 months?

tomahawk kid
03-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Dum deedly doo...

That's just not cool.

Count Alex's Wins
03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
That's just not cool.

If we sign him you'll all be praising my name as a graphic prophet.

CosmicPal
03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Unless he falls down a flight of stairs and wrecks his knees and throws his back out, don't count on him being a Chief.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Unless he falls down a flight of stairs and wrecks his knees and throws his back out, don't count on him being a Chief.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA kind of like those fair enough tobacco commercials this would be funnier if it wasn't true

bkkcoh
03-18-2005, 02:36 PM
If we could get our hands on Hartwell, and Bell plays well, they will make our CB's look better all by themselves
'

amen, brother, amen

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Laz,
How could you put Mitchell above Fujita on the outside? I picture Mitchell being a backup at all 3 positions and also allowing us to ocasionally play a 3-4. We'll also have Barber mid-season, which will give us even more flexibility.

mitchell is under contract ... fujita is not

Cochise
03-18-2005, 03:26 PM
mitchell is under contract ... fujita is not

Wasn't fujita offered the qualifying contract for a restricted free agent?

jcl-kcfan2
03-18-2005, 03:49 PM
OK, we need a john kerry smiley for Hartwell, to express his flip-floppedness.

whoman69
03-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Wasn't fujita offered the qualifying contract for a restricted free agent?
Yes. It would be an interesting competition between Fuji and Mitchell, but I would have to give it to Fuji because he is proven and Mitchell would need to back up inside.

Logical
03-18-2005, 05:41 PM
hmmm but the falcons offered lower then we did so unless the falcons have something we don't then I'd say we might very well get him.Well they do already have a defense, so there is that.

TRR
03-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure if KC is STILL interested, or that people keep reporting that KC is still interested because of his visit to KC.

Only time will tell.

Pants
03-18-2005, 06:24 PM
hmmm but the falcons offered lower then we did so unless the falcons have something we don't then I'd say we might very well get him.

Michael Vick.

tk13
03-18-2005, 06:37 PM
ROFL Hey! I made laz's sig! Awesome! I hadn't even noticed.

:)

Logical
03-18-2005, 06:42 PM
not bad...

Mitchell (has the speed to play OLB)...
Come on Laz do you really want an OLB who looks for blockers to run into?

milkman
03-18-2005, 06:47 PM

So who's the bigger dumbass. the LB that looks for blockers, or the LB that can't read a freakin' watch?

Logical
03-18-2005, 06:56 PM
So who's the bigger dumbass. the LB that looks for blockers, or the LB that can't read a freakin' watch?

Not sure who you are talking about. Laz was assuming we did not pick up a free agent for OLB. Do we have a guy that tends to be late?

milkman
03-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Not sure who you are talking about. Laz was assuming we did not pick up a free agent for OLB. Do we have a guy that tends to be late?

No, I'm talking about this 48 hour Hartwell watch that originally started about 150-180 hours ago.

Sure-Oz
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I will be really happy if we get him but at this point im not counting on it, its been so damn drawn out, but if he signs elsewhere ill say ok finally but with us, big ass hell yeah!

ChiefsCountry
03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Well they do already have a defense, so there is that.

Falcons have a defense? Do you remember that a$$ whooping we gave them at Arrowhead.

Spicy McHaggis
03-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Falcons have a defense? Do you remember that a$$ whooping we gave them at Arrowhead.

Our Offense can make anyone look like chumps. The Falcons aren't bad off at all as far as talent goes.

Logical
03-18-2005, 07:16 PM
No, I'm talking about this 48 hour Hartwell watch that originally started about 150-180 hours ago. I don't get the whole Hartwell thing to begin with, you can only put one MLB on the field at a time, and neither Bell or Hartwell are OLBs.

I am just fascinated with everyone elses obsession.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM

the WOLB in our scheme plays out in space alot ... they watch the screens ... cover tightend, cover running backs.

mitchell has the speed and athleticism to do those things.

I don't get the whole Hartwell thing to begin with, you can only put one MLB on the field at a time, and neither Bell or Hartwell are OLBs.

shall i explain it one more time?

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I don't get the whole Hartwell thing to begin with, you can only put one MLB on the field at a time, and neither Bell or Hartwell are OLBs.

That is where you are wrong. Bell can play all 3 LB positions. As I've said 1,000 times, Bell has even played rush end for the Steelers. While in Pitt, Bell lined up at every LB position in their 3-4 D.

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:21 PM
That is where you are wrong. Bell can play all 3 LB positions. As I've said 1,000 times, Bell has even played rush end for the Steelers. While in Pitt, Bell lined up at every LB position in their 3-4 D.They moved him around because he was a liability in coverage, but at the same time so explosive and disruptive in the backfield because of his first step/10 yard burst that it's hard to take him off the field.

Logical
03-18-2005, 07:22 PM
shall i explain it one more time?Don't bother, I have read it and this is one of the few football items we disagree on. Far, far, far buried in the acquire Surtain column, and get a 2nd tier true OLB.

Logical
03-18-2005, 07:23 PM
They moved him around because he was a liability in coverage, but at the same time so explosive and disruptive in the backfield because of his first step/10 yard burst that it's hard to take him off the field.Thank you Keg.

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:24 PM
They moved him around because he was a liability in coverage, but at the same time so explosive and disruptive in the backfield because of his first step/10 yard burst that it's hard to take him off the field.

Not according to the people I've talked to. I personally have been watching Bell since his college days, and "a liability in pass coverage" has never been associated with Kendrell Bell.

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Thank you Keg.

You can thank him all you want, but he's wrong about Bell being a liability in coverage. Pitt moved him around so he could attack the ball better, however, he has always been a fluid LB that can drop back into coverage.

milkman
03-18-2005, 07:26 PM

I don't really give a flying rat's ass anymore where Hartwell signs now.
I just find this whole soap opera entertaining.

I've jumped on the 'trade for Surtain bandwagon'.

keg in kc
Thank you Keg.Oh, don't thank me, Jim, he'll just tell us "I watched Pittsburgh play all the time, and Bell's terrific" even though I've heard 15,000 different radio interviews and read 20,000 different articles all from Pittsburgh writers and talkers that all state the Steelers thought he was a problem in coverage, and they spent his entire tenure there trying to find ways to overcome it.

keg in kc
See what I mean...

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, don't thank me, Jim, he'll just tell us "I watched Pittsburgh play all the time, and Bell's terrific" even though I've heard 15,000 different radio interviews and read 20,000 different articles all from Pittsburgh writers and talkers that all state the Steelers thought he was a problem in coverage, and they spent his entire tenure there trying to find ways to overcome it.

I've watched Bell play since his Sophmore season in college. I've watched him play in the pro's. So your telling me that I am wrong because you listen to radio interviews? Laughable! I live in Chicago Bear country, and the sports announcers/writers around here think Brian Urlacher is the worst MLB to ever play.

I think I'll take my first hand knowledge of watching Kendrell Bell over your knowledge of 1,000 radio interviews.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 07:31 PM
They moved him around because he was a liability in coverage, but at the same time so explosive and disruptive in the backfield because of his first step/10 yard burst that it's hard to take him off the field.
sounds like blitzing strong side linebacker to me :thumb:

btw- both hartwell and bell were MLB in a 3-4 ... and that's not a true MLB. Once the outside linebacker in a 3-4 moves to the DE position, they both became outside linebackers.
(even if Vlad the impaler has heard it before. :harumph: )

but hey i'm open to signing a good Pure OLB if someone knows of one :)

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:35 PM
I've watched Bell play since his Sophmore season in college. I've watched him play in the pro's. So your telling me that I am wrong because you listen to radio interviews? Laughable! I live in Chicago Bear country, and the sports announcers/writers around here think Brian Urlacher is the worst MLB to ever play.

I think I'll take my first hand knowledge of watching Kendrell Bell over your knowledge of 1,000 radio interviews.And explain to me why your opinion should mean shit to me? Because no matter how much you want to thump your chest, at the end of the day you're some schmuck on an internet bulletin board, a nobody just like the rest of us, and I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that I'll take a beatwriter's, sportscaster's or even random radio personality's opinion over yours. They're professionals, whether you like it or not, and their opinion carries more weight than yours.

Deal with it. :shrug:

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:39 PM
And explain to me why your opinion should mean shit to me? Because no matter how much you want to thump your chest, at the end of the day you're some schmuck on an internet bulletin board, a nobody just like the rest of us, and I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that I'll take a beatwriter's, sportscaster's or even random radio personality's opinion over yours. They're professionals, whether you like it or not, and their opinion carries more weight than yours.

I think that was a little strong there Keg. I'm not thumping my chest at all, just telling you about a player that I know quite a bit about first hand. I'll be the first to tell you what I know, and what I DON'T KNOW. Thought some would be interested in knowing what I thought.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 07:39 PM
And explain to me why your opinion should mean shit to me? Because no matter how much you want to thump your chest, at the end of the day you're some schmuck on an internet bulletin board, a nobody just like the rest of us, and I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that I'll take a beatwriter's, sportscaster's or even random radio personality's opinion over yours. They're professionals, whether you like it or not, and their opinion carries more weight than yours.

but don't you talk about how the "media talking heads" just spout crap to get attention and don't know what their talking about?

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:40 PM
sounds like blitzing strong side linebacker to me :thumb:

btw- both hartwell and bell were MLB in a 3-4 ... and that's not a true MLB. Once the outside linebacker in a 3-4 moves to the DE position, they both became outside linebackers.
(even if Vlad the impaler has heard it before. :harumph: )

but hey i'm open to signing a good Pure OLB if someone knows of one :)Yeah, a 'rushbacker,' as Vermeil would call him. I'm not arguing that he can't be put in a situation where he's asked to rush the qb from either side. I could even see him as a guy who occasionally puts his hand down. All I'm saying is that he's not strong in coverage, that's not where his skills lie. He's a guy who creates pressure and disrupts the running game.

And I don't want to sound like I'm slamming him, I loved the signing. If he's 100%, I think he was the right signing rather than Hartwell, because he's a Pro Bowl calibre player. I think he's about a 200% improvement at MLB over anything we've had since I started following the team in '99.

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:48 PM
but don't you talk about how the "media talking heads" just spout crap to get attention and don't know what their talking about?Me? No. I might have 3 or 4 years ago, but my views have changed. If Pittsburgh's version of Adam Teicher tells me the Steelers didn't like him in coverage, I'm gonna treat that as a valid statement (he did and I do). If I then hear several other personalities from the Pittsburgh area say the same thing, and then several national NFL commentators mirror the opinion, it certainly doesn't weaken the statement. If some guy named "TRR" comes on here and tells me I'm an idiot for listening to them...well, fine, that's his prerogative, I guess, but he ain't changing my mind.

Now, if we're going to get into a 'talking head' discussion, and you want to go the direction of columnists like Whitlock or Woody Paige, then there's a grain of salt that needs to be thrown in. They entertain, they don't report, although there's often some truth in there. The fact is, their job is not to inform, it's to provide opinion pieces, kind of like CNN or Fox News. But we're entering a whole different topic on that tangent.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Me? No. I might have 3 or 4 years ago, but my views have changed. If Pittsburgh's version of Adam Teicher tells me the Steelers didn't like him in coverage, I'm gonna treat that as a valid statement (he did and I do). If I then hear several other personalities from the Pittsburgh area say the same thing, and then several national NFL commentators mirror the opinion, it certainly doesn't weaken the statement. If some guy named "TRR" comes on here and tells me I'm an idiot for listening to them...well, fine, that's his prerogative, I guess, but he ain't changing my mind.

Now, if we're going to get into a 'talking head' discussion, and you want to go the direction of columnists like Whitlock or Woody Paige, then there's a grain of salt that needs to be thrown in. They entertain, they don't report, although there's often some truth in there. The fact is, their job is not to inform, it's to provide opinion pieces, kind of like CNN or Fox News. But we're entering a whole different topic on that tangent.
oh... my bad, i must be thinking of the pre-pissed off Kegs :)

btw how do you know which columnists in other cities are "whitlocks" and which are "teichers"?

TRR
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Me? No. I might have 3 or 4 years ago, but my views have changed. If Pittsburgh's version of Adam Teicher tells me the Steelers didn't like him in coverage, I'm gonna treat that as a valid statement (he did and I do). If I then hear several other personalities from the Pittsburgh area say the same thing, and then several national NFL commentators mirror the opinion, it certainly doesn't weaken the statement. If some guy named "TRR" comes on here and tells me I'm an idiot for listening to them...well, fine, that's his prerogative, I guess, but he ain't changing my mind.

Where did I call you an idiot? Your the one name calling. I think your taking this "internet" discussion a little too seriously.

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 07:59 PM
oh... my bad, i must be thinking of the pre-pissed off KegsAre you kidding? I was much more pissed off 3 or 4 years ago. I'm embarrased by some of the stuff I used to say on here. ROFL

This is tame in comparison. I'm not even fired up. And TRR, you didn't 'say' I was an idiot, but you certainly inferred it. And I don't really care that you did. We've gotten off on a tangent that doesn't really matter.btw how do you know which columnists in other cities are "whitlocks" and which are "teichers"?Just my own op-ed here, but usually the whitlocks will have the "columnist" tag, and are the more widely publicized guys while the "teichers" are just "reporters" or "beatwriters". For whatever reason, the op-ed guys always seem to be the bigger sell, the big fish... :shrug:

I guess they're the ones who sell papers.

Anway, enough of this. I've got SciFi friday to watch. :)

Sure-Oz
03-18-2005, 08:01 PM
**** you, **** you, **** you and **** YOU!!! :p

TRR
03-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Are you kidding? I was much more pissed off 3 or 4 years ago. I'm embarrased by some of the stuff I used to say on here. ROFL

This is tame in comparison. I'm not even fired up. And TRR, you didn't 'say' I was an idiot, but you certainly inferred it. And I don't really care that you did. We've gotten off on a tangent that doesn't really matter.Just my own op-ed here, but usually the whitlocks will have the "columnist" tag, and are the more widely publicized guys while the "teichers" are just "reporters" or "beatwriters". For whatever reason, the op-ed guys always seem to be the bigger sell, the big fish... :shrug:

I guess they're the ones who sell papers.

No I didn't infer it. You just are taking things personally. And personally, I think your making yourself out to look like an *ss. Everyone has opinion...But to call somebody a shmuck because you don't agree with their opinion?

If you think I am a shmuck, don't ever reply to my posts. Easy as that.

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 08:05 PM
No I didn't infer it. You just are taking things personally.I'm taking things personally?

"I've watched Bell play since his Sophmore season in college. I've watched him play in the pro's. So your telling me that I am wrong because you listen to radio interviews? Laughable!"

"I think I'll take my first hand knowledge of watching Kendrell Bell over your knowledge of 1,000 radio interviews." And personally, I think your making yourself out to look like an *ss. Everyone has opinion...But to call somebody a shmuck because you don't agree with their opinion?

If you think I am a shmuck, don't ever reply to my posts. Easy as that.How's about this...go f*ck yourself.

Cochise
03-18-2005, 08:06 PM
ROFL this one melted down pretty quick ROFL

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 08:08 PM
this one melted down pretty quickNothing sets me off like self-righteous assclowns. People like John Proctor have always and will always get this from me.

I guess I'll just put this guy on ignore so I don't bulldog him. :shrug:

Anywho, move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar Galactica

Tivo up and rolling, sir!! :thumb:

keg in kc
03-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar Galactica

Tivo up and rolling, sir!! :thumb:F*ckin' A. About to start SG-1 right now. This night's like church for geeks. ROFL

TRR
03-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm taking things personally?

"I've watched Bell play since his Sophmore season in college. I've watched him play in the pro's. So your telling me that I am wrong because you listen to radio interviews? Laughable!"

"I think I'll take my first hand knowledge of watching Kendrell Bell over your knowledge of 1,000 radio interviews."How's about this...go f*ck yourself.

LOL! How old are you?

I'll take the high road. You keep making yourself look like an @ss.

Logical
03-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Well after my post watch Vermiel and Carl force Gun to play Bell outside so Mitchell can play MLB. That would be karmic justice.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Well after my post watch Vermiel and Carl force Gun to play Bell outside so Mitchell can play MLB. That would be karmic justice.

you mean like they are already planning to do with Wesley and Knight?

Wallcrawler
03-19-2005, 01:45 PM
you mean like they are already planning to do with Wesley and Knight?

Knight's a player. A damn good one. He can start SS, and immediately the Chiefs are better.

Whatever they do with Wesley, I could really care less after the way he played last year. Move him to FS, Cut him, trade him, make him backup/special teams, whatever. Sammy is the best SS on the roster, and gets the start.

One good starting strong safety and one bad one (assuming Wesley is as bad a FS as Woods was) is still better than starting two bad safeties.

Joe Seahawk
03-19-2005, 02:22 PM
The team signed safety Ronnie Heard from the San Francisco 49ers to a one-year contract and are competing with the Seattle Seahawks to land linebacker Edgerton Hartwell of the Baltimore Ravens, considered by many the best linebacker in the free agency market

"We're in negotiating stages with two teams," said Hartwell's agent, Harold Lewis. "I hope something gets resolved very, very quickly. I know where he wants to go and would like to play." .

:shrug:

http://www.ajc.com/saturday/content/epaper/editions/saturday/sports_24b33ed8f371f09d00f0.html

craneref
03-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Knight's a player. A damn good one. He can start SS, and immediately the Chiefs are better.

Whatever they do with Wesley, I could really care less after the way he played last year. Move him to FS, Cut him, trade him, make him backup/special teams, whatever. Sammy is the best SS on the roster, and gets the start.

One good starting strong safety and one bad one (assuming Wesley is as bad a FS as Woods was) is still better than starting two bad safeties.

While I agree that our safeties had a less than stellar year last year, it was just two years ago that the CHIEFS were considered to have one of the BEST Safety tandems in the league. I think the talent is still there in both Woods and Wesley and bringing in Knight just strengthens us even more. Remember that Woods came in and played CB when he first got here, then was moved to Safety. How about instead of a nickel back we bring in the nickel safety, Wesley, Woods and Knight on the field during passing situations, three safeties who look to lay the lumber. You may see that as a solution to the shortage of good CB ont he team, roll in the extra safety instead of the extra CB, plus it would be better support agianst the run instead of an extra CB. I am not ready to sell a GOOD young safety like Wesley because of one down year. I personally think the CHIEFS will make money with all three on the field at the same time. GO CHIEFS

Tribal Warfare
03-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Just Watch - I called when Morton was going to fall in production after a solid season when everyone on ChiefsPlanet was saying it was idiotic. I call this , that's reason why Carl is waiting on the Hartwell decision.

Adding to credibility I was the first guy on the BB that stod up for Trent Green when everyone was calling him Trint. (Phobia I'll exclude you from this)

whoman69
03-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Just Watch - I called when Morton was going to fall in production after a solid season when everyone on ChiefsPlanet was saying it was idiotic. I call this , that's reason why Carl is waiting on the Hartwell decision.

Adding to credibility I was the first guy on the BB that stod up for Trent Green when everyone was calling him Trint. (Phobia I'll exclude you from this)
Wow, you're a football genious :rolleyes: :)