PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Johnson: Do we want him?

KCChiefsMan
03-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Chiefs | Johnson to Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:24:53 -0800

The Trenton Times reports free agent WR Kevin Johnson (Ravens) is scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs.

for league minimum, I'd be for it :thumb:

jAZ
03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm intersted.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
yes

Deberg_1990
03-18-2005, 02:04 PM
No, hes another Kennison or Morton.

CoMoChief
03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Well we need to dump Morton somehow someway. I dont know if hes in his last year of his contract or not but we need to find somebody that could trade for him. I think there are many teams out there that could use him, maybe Trade Morton to Chicago and get Tait back. I dunno just a thought, but having Johnson on our team would be a good thing for years to come. I think we need to first sign all of the defensive personell that we intend to, then go after a WR or something. Remember we have Bo coming back and also Kris Wilson.

Delano
03-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Well we need to dump Morton somehow someway. I dont know if hes in his last year of his contract or not but we need to find somebody that could trade for him. I think there are many teams out there that could use him, maybe Trade Morton to Chicago and get Tait back. I dunno just a thought, but having Johnson on our team would be a good thing for years to come. I think we need to first sign all of the defensive personell that we intend to, then go after a WR or something. Remember we have Bo coming back and also Kris Wilson.

Morton for Tait...

LOL

CoMoChief
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Kennison isnt a bad reciever. He had an outstanding year last season considering TonyG got most of the receptions and considering we run the ball so much during the game. Having Johnson,Kennison,Parker,Boehrigtor would be a good squad of WRs and having Gonzalez,Wilson,Dunn is a VERY good TE core. Not to mention the Duo of Holmes and LJ. If we can get rid of Morton and sign Johnson, we would be dangerous again this year.

beer bacon
03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Looks like we will be waiting a bit longer.

Chiefs | Johnson Visit Postponed - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:07:31 -0800

The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs postponed the visit of free agent WR Kevin Johnson (Ravens). The team now plans to meet with him in the coming weeks.

CoMoChief
03-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey at least Tait was good, hes alot better then Welbourn, who by the way caused alot of penalties in crucial situations, like making a big play but then getting called back because of holding or something then it turns into 3rd n long.

tk13
03-18-2005, 02:17 PM

The Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs postponed the visit of free agent WR Kevin Johnson (Ravens). The team now plans to meet with him in the coming weeks.
Oh yeah, that's because Carl needs to get ready for the Hartwell introductory press conference obviously!

Okay, maybe not. :)

ct
03-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Oh yeah, that's because Carl needs to get ready for the Hartwell introductory press conference obviously!

Okay, maybe not. :)

More like he just got paid and is taking a 5 week vacation to Scotland to galavant around the Isle in a skirt!

jcroft
03-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey at least Tait was good, hes alot better then Welbourn, who by the way caused alot of penalties in crucial situations, like making a big play but then getting called back because of holding or something then it turns into 3rd n long.

No one said Tait wasn't better. You got laughed at because it's absurd to think the Bears would let Tait go in exchange for a POS like Morton. If you can figure out a way to get us Tait back, go for it, but it's going to take a lot more than Morton.

HolmeZz
03-18-2005, 02:59 PM

Sounds like we're going to be making moves, and then make a pitch at KJ with the money left over.

Spicy McHaggis
03-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Sign Johnson if we have have the cash left over after the Law or Surtain signing. Tell Morton not to let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.

dtrain
03-18-2005, 03:12 PM
What kind of speed does KJ have?

Delano
03-18-2005, 03:19 PM
No one said Tait wasn't better. You got laughed at because it's absurd to think the Bears would let Tait go in exchange for a POS like Morton. If you can figure out a way to get us Tait back, go for it, but it's going to take a lot more than Morton.

Pretty much... ROFL

Chan93lx50
03-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah I would love to show the pillow bitting bastard Morton the door.

Correct me if I am wrong isn't most of the chiefs front office in Hawaii for some NFL meeting?

Maybe thats the reason Johnsons visit got postponed.

To answer the thread's question, yes I would love to see Johnson here

KCChiefsMan
03-18-2005, 03:33 PM

We need to face it, we are not getting Tait back!
Morton has ZERO trade value

KCChiefsMan
03-18-2005, 03:35 PM
What kind of speed does KJ have?

I'm not sure about his speed, but it's been said before that he has some of the best hands in the league. His stats doesnt really back that up, but I've heard that before about him