PDA

View Full Version : Fins' Board talking Surtain Trade Possibilities

carlos3652
03-18-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=70843&page=2&pp=15

I've long felt it was a 50/50 proposition at best. As time moves on, I think it's a 25/75 chance we trade him.

Teams are looking for alternatives. Otherwise, they would have made the deal. They don't like the prospects, so they are looking to see if they can go a different route.

I think many of them would ultimately give up a 2nd rounder, but I think they would want a very reasonable contract. The other would be signing him to his contract, but only giving up a 4th or 5th round pick. I think a team would have to get very desperate.

Right now, I also think we are down to the Chiefs as the last option. Seattle signed a CB yesterday and they can add another one in the draft. Minnesota also signed a CB.

I think Saban would like to get a 2nd rounder for Surtain. But, I seriously doubt it will happen. At the last minute, he might decide he needs more picks as well as the money and would drop to a 3rd or 4th. Right now, though, what free agents are out there that would fill pressing need areas?

ct
03-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Dyson and Hartwell, plus Rogers and an DE in the 2nd.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 04:30 PM
this was on a Titans site, don't know nothin' about this person, but this thread aint exactly about facts

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=360423

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2005, 04:42 PM
this was on a Titans site, don't know nothin' about this person, but this thread aint exactly about facts

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=360423

Time to once again pray to the football gods that this happens. Please oh mighty football gods give me Patrick Surtain for my birthday

Taco John
03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Patrick Surtain and Edgerton Hartwell would be significant improvements to your team.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Patrick Surtain and Edgerton Hartwell would be significant improvements to your team.

just when you think a thread couldn't be any less credible...:)

Chiefnj
03-18-2005, 05:12 PM
If I were a head coach I would not give away a pro bowl skills position player, that the team can afford, for less than a 2nd round pick.

HemiEd
03-18-2005, 05:15 PM
just when you think a thread couldn't be any less credible...:)

ROFL ROFL Thanks!

Pants
03-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Saban = douche. That rook needs to f*cking learn the ways of NFL. Thinks he's a hard ass.

BigChiefFan
03-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Saban = douche. That rook needs to f*cking learn the ways of NFL. Thinks he's a hard ass.Yea, Carl will show him, we've got Bartee and McCleon to lean on, so why give up the 2nd rounder? :p

Logical
03-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Yea, Carl will show him, we've got Bartee and McCleon to lean on, so why give up the 2nd rounder? :p:thumb:The most amusing thing is that we don't have a third rounder anyway, so if Surtain gets traded for a third rounder it won't be to the Chiefs.

whoman69
03-18-2005, 06:17 PM
So if we trade them our 2nd, maybe we can get a lower pick back in return. Damn Carl :banghead: for agreeing to give up a 3rd for that freaking one dimensional tackle.

BigChiefFan
03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
So if we trade them our 2nd, maybe we can get a lower pick back in return. Damn Carl :banghead: for agreeing to give up a 3rd for that freaking one dimensional tackle.
He never was a tackle, which makes the whole signing that much more confusing and disappointing. We gave up way too much for Welby.

redsurfer11
03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Dolphins want picks huh,give them our #1. In return the Chiefs get Jason Taylor and Surtain. use the second rounder on the first available defensive player. It would allow the Dolphins to get their young QB and young Running back in the same draft.

SBK
03-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Dolphins want picks huh,give them our #1. In return the Chiefs get Jason Taylor and Surtain. use the second rounder on the first available defensive player. It would allow the Dolphins to get their young QB and young Running back in the same draft.

This would be a :hump:. Which is why your propisition is :bong:.

Mastashake
03-18-2005, 11:26 PM
:thumb:The most amusing thing is that we don't have a third rounder anyway, so if Surtain gets traded for a third rounder it won't be to the Chiefs.

I thought we got a third for John Taint?

redsurfer11
03-18-2005, 11:27 PM
This would be a :hump:. Which is why your propisition is :bong:.

Hypothetical trade talk. Dolphins are talking about moving Taylor to LB in their new alleignment.

Wallcrawler
03-19-2005, 12:52 AM

Thats very unlikely.

The Dolphins traded their 2nd for A.J. Feeley, and their 3rd for Lamar Gordon.

Theyve already lost Sammy Knight and Arturo Freeman in the secondary, and Surtain would be another loss to acquire a 2nd rounder.

The Dolphins have a lot of holes, and havent made many moves in free agency to fill them. I really doubt that the Dolphins will part with any of their picks in a deal involving Surtain.

Manila-Chief
03-19-2005, 07:36 AM

Heh!!! That is a trade I would go for!!!! Fill 3 needs at once... gives us 2 impact D players at positions where we have great need and ... third it keeps Kingless from messing up another quality first rounder. PBJ PBJ PBJ

Seriously, the purpose of the draft is to secure quality players and these 2 would meet that purpose.

But, I will not hold my breath until Kingless pulls this off ... then there are cap issues involved as well....

But, never hurts to dream...

whoman69
03-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Thats very unlikely.

The Dolphins traded their 2nd for A.J. Feeley, and their 3rd for Lamar Gordon.

Theyve already lost Sammy Knight and Arturo Freeman in the secondary, and Surtain would be another loss to acquire a 2nd rounder.

The Dolphins have a lot of holes, and havent made many moves in free agency to fill them. I really doubt that the Dolphins will part with any of their picks in a deal involving Surtain.
They didn't exactly get their money's worth on either of those trades. Maybe CP was moonlighting and working for them too.

Wallcrawler
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
They didn't exactly get their money's worth on either of those trades. Maybe CP was moonlighting and working for them too.

Heh. Could be.

But, AJ Feeley and Gordon were acquired while Wannstedt was still steering the ship, and thats over with. Nick Saban comes in and and takes over a team in a lot of trouble, and is trying to stop the bleeding, and finds that he has a 1st round pick, but then doesnt get to pick again until the 4th round.

Theyve replaced one of their losses at Safety with Tebucky Jones, I dont recall whether he plays Free or Strong. But thats the only FA move that Ive seen from the Dolphins so far that really counts for something. Vonnie Holliday, we all saw what he did, so he's not a lot to talk about. Kevin Carter is similar to that pickup.

Im sure that Saban wants to get at least a second rounder because it looks like they are looking at Alex Smith at QB, and it is also well known that this team is in dire need of a running back. Throw in all the defensive holes that they will have if they do deal Surtain, and they will be needing all the picks that they can scrounge up.

At this point, even a couple of 7th rounders would be like Gold to the Dolphins. Heh.

nascher
03-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Only Move ?

They signed Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Carter, Donnie Spragan, Gus Frerotte, Heath Evans, Stockar McDougle, Damion Cook +?

BigChiefFan
03-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Only Move ?

They signed Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Carter, Donnie Spragan, Gus Frerotte, Heath Evans, Stockar McDougle, Damion Cook +?AND they're in cap Hell. Us not having a veteran CB in FA or via trade is absurd.

Wallcrawler
03-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Only Move ?

They signed Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Carter, Donnie Spragan, Gus Frerotte, Heath Evans, Stockar McDougle, Damion Cook +?

Read.

Only move that really counts for something.

That list right there is pretty much a joke for a team who is trying to get better. That looks like a Carl Peterson free agent pickup list.

Holliday? He's a joke. Proved it right here in KC.

Carter? Washed up.

Donnie Spragan....Youre kidding right?

Frerotte: Let me find a wall to ram my skull into.....

Heath Evans...blah blah

Stockar Mcdougle.....2nd-3rd rate tackle....whoopeeee!!!

You see the pattern here?

I sure hope so. Tebucky Jones is pretty much the only pickup that counts for something. He led the Saints in tackles the past two seasons, and that is a good addition to a secondary that has had both safeties removed.

These other clowns though, get out of my face with that BS. You let me know when one of those guys makes a solid contribution to turning that team around this season.