PDA

View Full Version : KU THRASHED by BUCKNELL!

Bootlegged
03-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Just in case you KU boys missed it....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

kc1977
03-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Yes indeed, it is a beautiful morning..in fact, it's been a beautiful few days.

On Thursday, ol' Marky McGwire embarasses himself for the scumbags he and all of the Cardinal organization are. Just a sleazy organization all around, with the big sleaze McGwire heading the way.

And now the Jayhawks exposing themselves for the sleazy, classless organization they are. Not even shaking hands? That's just great. Man, I thought that there'd be nothing better than ol' Roy knocking the Jayhawks out this year. Wrong.

The Cardinals and Jayhawks - the two sleaziest organizations out there being exposed for what they are the last 2 days.

Yep, it's a beautiful morning indeed.

BigRedChief
03-19-2005, 07:06 AM
I tell you the Kansas players not shaking hands after the game was the poorest display of sportsmanship that I've seen in college athletics in a while.

Cochise
03-19-2005, 07:37 AM
I tell you the Kansas players not shaking hands after the game was the poorest display of sportsmanship that I've seen in college athletics in a while.

I missed that - that is indeed very poor of them.

Saulbadguy
03-19-2005, 07:39 AM
I just saw the video of the final minutes. I didn't get to stay up and watch it (GF was here, she hates KU). The Bucknell players were in the center of the court dancing and celebrating. What were the KU players supposed to do, wait for them?

Cochise
03-19-2005, 07:42 AM
I just saw the video of the final minutes. I didn't get to stay up and watch it (GF was here, she hates KU). The Bucknell players were in the center of the court dancing and celebrating. What were the KU players supposed to do, wait for them?

Check out Whitlock's article.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112572

Saulbadguy
03-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Check out Whitlock's article.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112572
Pretty dissapointing. I didn't get to see it, so i'll have to take Quitlocks word on it.

NaptownChief
03-19-2005, 08:12 AM
I actually missed it....Figured no chance they could lose that game even though the AD was unable to get it scheduled at home.

Wow, what an embarrassment. I'm guessing Illinois is glad that Self decided to leave and allow Bruce Webber to come in.

But for all you die hard Jayhawk fans that are drowning in your bowl of Rock Chalk cereal just remember no matter how bad you think it is just remember you could have Mike Davis running your program.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I actually missed it....Figured no chance they could lose that game even though the AD was unable to get it scheduled at home.

Wow, what an embarrassment. I'm guessing Illinois is glad that Self decided to leave and allow Bruce Webber to come in.

But for all you die hard Jayhawk fans that are drowning in your bowl of Rock Chalk cereal just remember no matter how bad you think it is just remember you could have Mike Davis running your program.
Dammit. May Mike Davis slip and crack his skull before next season begins.

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 08:34 AM

No shaking hands and not going to the postgame interview was pretty classless. KU players showed their true character in that loss. Pretty weak...

beavis
03-19-2005, 08:37 AM
It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys.

NaptownChief
03-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Dammit. May Mike Davis slip and crack his skull before next season begins.

I have a real good feeling that Rick Greenspan(New AD) won't put up with this garbage any longer...I have a hunch he will can him in the next week or so.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I have a real good feeling that Rick Greenspan(New AD) won't put up with this garbage any longer...I have a hunch he will can him in the next week or so.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it matters if you yell at kids.

gblowfish
03-19-2005, 08:42 AM
Gooooood Morning Chiefs Planet. I am in love with life.

I know it's been said that one should not revel in the misery of others. But as one of the few Mizzou fans on this board, all I can tell you is I had one of my best days in a long long time yesterday.
Here is the breakdown on my day:
1) Took the day off work, met 3 good freinds for breakfast.
2) Went to the NAIA at the Muni downtown to watch hoops all day.
3) Had a great dinner and drinks at Manny's on the Boulevard.
4) Went to see Paul Thorn -a great musician- at Knuckleheads Bar
5) Right after the Thorn show the bar put on the last two minutes of the KU game, and KU had the worst first round meltdown since Mizzou lost to Northern Iowa!

Here I am, sitting in a Missouri bar in the east bottoms, and all these Volvo driving Johnson County poopstains are acting like a gaggle of Florida Democrats demanding a re-count! "It's not possible....it's not possible. The official scorer must have missed someting. Let's make it two out of three!"

Oh yes, Dorothy, It's not only possible, it is reality. You just got UTEPed on AGAIN!!! The horror...the horror...

And whoda thunk it that Bill "Can't Help My" Self would end the year in deeper doo doo than Quinny the Pooh? Weather radar shows a huge swatch of tears building in a line from Wichita to Lawrence to Leawood....and when they're cryin in Kansas, Spring is most certainly here.

Yes, I have become a sports pessimist. Living and dying with Mizzou, KC Royals and KC Chiefs for 40 years will do that to you. Talk about the unholy trinity of sports frustration. But at least Mizzou fans never whine that our team "didn't win by enough." And before you wag a finger at Mizzou fans for reveling in your misery, how many of you will be hoping Roy and his "kids" go down in flames? It's OK to root against Roy...you just have to have enough "want to."

I'll tell you one thing, though. If the Tar Heels lose, at least they'll have enough class to shake hands with their opponent afterward. Such acts are what build KU's reputation. Know what I mean?

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 08:45 AM
I heard the WalMart in Lawrence sold out of wine coolers, rope, and bullets last night.

Bowser
03-19-2005, 08:46 AM

Yeah, that'll happen when a 14 upends a 3. Heh.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 08:47 AM
I heard the WalMart in Lawrence sold out of wine coolers, rope, and bullets last night.
Skip's and Ali's truck were full, eh?

Bowser
03-19-2005, 08:49 AM

Ehh, I wouldn't worry. They'll **** that up, too.

:D

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Even with an early loss in the lousy NIT, Davis is talking about returning, though.

NaptownChief
03-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Even with an early loss in the lousy NIT, Davis is talking about returning, though.

You are correct about that....But the key word is "Davis"...He is the only one giving himself the vote of confidence. Greenspan is no nonsense type a guy when it comes to winning...I think they will force him out. If I had to guess, based on the recent comments about him having "indirect interest" in the UT job is probably them telling him to try and land a job elsewhere so that you don't have the scar on your resume of being fired, which you will be if you don't find another job....That would be my guess as to how this plays out.

Old Dog
03-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Somebody tell me again how Missouri is doing in the NCAA tournament. It shows that a down year at KU is better than a good one on the other side of the border.

NaptownChief
03-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Somebody tell me again how Missouri and K-sate are doing in the NCAA tournament.

I think they won as many as the Jayhawks did.

Bowser
03-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Somebody tell me again how Missouri and K-sate are doing in the NCAA tournament.

No need to tee it up that high...............

redbrian
03-19-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/university_of_kansas/11176665.htm

ROFL :clap:

KU's low five

Was this the Jayhawks' worst tournament loss? At least they weren't a No. 1 seed, as they were in these four other upsets.

UTEP (9), 66-60
1992 second round
Little did we know a trend began

Virginia (4), 67-58
1995 Sweet 16
Hurt because it was at Kemper

Arizona (4), 85-82
1997 Sweet 16
This was Roy's best team

Rhode Island (8), 80-75
1998 second round
Quick guards led to quick exit

Bucknell (14), 64-63
2005 first round
KU's 21-game first-round streak comes to end

Good, bad and ugly

Half of KU's senior class — heck, maybe only half of KU's team — stepped up against Bucknell.

redbrian
03-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Somebody tell me again how Missouri is doing in the NCAA tournament. It shows that a down year at KU is better than a good one on the other side of the border.

Let's see lose to DePaul in the NIT or Lose to Bucknell a team with only 5 players on scholarship when all the fans know that you are going to the top. :hmmm:

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Really? You honestly believe a team on probation that could not even qualify for the first round of the NCAA is some how worse off than a #3 who loses to a team that did not beat a single big conference team all year?

Old Dog
03-19-2005, 09:03 AM
I think they won as many as the Jayhawks did.

You are correct. The point that is at KU, not winning a game is a MAJOR letdown. At Mizzou, it's expected. At K-State, they haven't sniffed teh NCAA tournament since Rolando Blackmon.

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Mizzou fans enjoy it while you can....ku has always and will always be better than the tigers

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 09:06 AM

YES

Old Dog
03-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Really? You honestly believe a team on probation that could not even qualify for the first round of the NCAA is some how worse off than a #3 who loses to a team that did not beat a single big conference team all year?

Mizzou is on probation, and KU is classless.........C'mon, you guys are making my points for me.

redbrian
03-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Mizzou fans enjoy it while you can....ku has always and will always be better than the tigers

You might want to check out your team for next year, unless they find some Juco help, don't expect much.

Note: This is not my opinion but one professed the other day by a beat writer who has followed KU for many years (sorry don't remember who it was, heard it on one of the late night sport talk shows).

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 09:08 AM

I hate to tell you this but MU didn't even have a good year.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Mizzou is on probation, and KU is classless.........C'mon, you guys are making my points for me.
So a team that does what is expected is somehow worse off than a top ten team that loses in the first round?

What point were you trying to make?

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:10 AM
As ChiefsPlanet family goes, I see the distant relatives are chimming in today.

You fuggers have been waiting for a One and Done from KU for many of years.......

Feel free to discuss and talk amongst yourselves ........Enjoy it.

As for the players not shaking hands , did you want them to join the celebration at center court ?

No excusses, we blew this game....... As good as Bucknell was with there game plan, we were equally as bad.

NaptownChief
03-19-2005, 09:11 AM
At K-State, they haven't sniffed teh NCAA tournament since Rolando Blackmon.

Hardly my friend...Do not overlook or forget about the Mitch Richmond days...As a IU fan I will remember Micthy sticking up the back side of the number 1 seeded Purdue Boilermakers when I am 85 years old....

That was sweeter than a bowl full of cherries.

KCWolfman
03-19-2005, 09:12 AM
As for the players not shaking hands , did you want them to join the celebration at center court ?

When it was over, only Michael Lee, C.J. Giles and Alex Galindo showed enough class to shake the hands of the better basketball team on Friday night. The rest of the Kansas Jayhawks walked off the court sore losers, ignoring the handshake line of the celebratory Bucknell Bison.

Either Lee, Giles, and Galindo waited or the rest of the team were just sore losing assholes who ignored the line. Take your pick.

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:14 AM
You might want to check out your team for next year, unless they find some Juco help, don't expect much.

Note: This is not my opinion but one professed the other day by a beat writer who has followed KU for many years (sorry don't remember who it was, heard it on one of the late night sport talk shows).
are you tallking about our 3 mcdonalds all americans comming in with Chalmers being the number 1 rated pg in the country. We will be just fine...my predicted starting lineup is
PG Chalmers
G Robinson
G Galindo
F Moody
F Giles

we will be just fine

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Either Lee, Giles, and Galindo waited or the rest of the team were just sore losing assholes who ignored the line. Take your pick.

i'll go with the latter....ROFL

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:17 AM
are you tallking about our 3 mcdonalds all americans comming in with Chalmers being the number 1 rated pg in the country. We will be just fine...my predicted starting lineup is
PG Chalmers
G Robinson
G Galindo
F Moody
F Giles

we will be just fine

yes, you're freshman recruits this year looked great, i can't wait to see what the new freshman are like next year.

:rolleyes:

redbrian
03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
PG Chalmers
G Robinson
G Galindo
F Moody
F Giles

we will be just fine

Expecting a lot from the Freshman, even if they play, you should know about counting your chickens before they hatch.

If you think back not to long ago there were some baby hawk (soph) who were counted on to step up and were a huge flop.

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:20 AM
PG Chalmers
G Robinson
G Galindo
F Moody
F Giles

we will be just fine

Aren't you forgetting about 6'8" All American standout Julian Wright..... a 6'8" SG.

Hawkins will be back.

And of course........ JR will be back. He said so after last nights loss ! :mad:

Old Dog
03-19-2005, 09:22 AM
I will say that it sucked, I was just going to make sure and stop by and take some lumps this evening and see what everyone had to say.

We'll be back next year, but this is the time for the Tigers to give us some shit, and they will. I guess we sould let them have their fun, they don't get to enjoy it that often.

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Expecting a lot from the Freshman, even if they play, you should know about counting your chickens before they hatch.

If you think back not to long ago there were some baby hawk (soph) who were counted on to step up and were a huge flop.well even if Robinson, & Giles suck next year...Galindo is a stud one day they will be retiring his jersey in the fieldhouse he will become what giddens could not. Also Hawkins can play when he wants to maybee he will have a big year next year. And if Giddens can figure out what went wrong his soph year maybee he can have an average junior year

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:23 AM
We wil have a talented team next year, but very young. The freshmen this year didn't really step up to gain alot of experence.

I see a lackluster year next year.......... 20-10, give or take a win either way.

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:25 AM
20-10, give or take a win either way.isn't that the prediction for the last 20 years

PastorMikH
03-19-2005, 09:25 AM

Hmmm, according to win/losses and head to head compitition over the last month, that statement does indeed seem to be false doesn't it?

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Right now everybody is going to give us some shit......... It's OK, we failed to meet our expectations. But at KU, our expectations are set much higher than 98% of most schools.

Their shit will only be fertilizer for the team to retool with.

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 09:28 AM
As ChiefsPlanet family goes, I see the distant relatives are chimming in today.

You fuggers have been waiting for a One and Done from KU for many of years.......

Feel free to discuss and talk amongst yourselves ........Enjoy it.

No excusses, we blew this game....... As good as Bucknell was with there game plan, we were equally as bad.

Real class flipping us off. I now know why you like KU.

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Hmmm, according to win/losses and head to head compitition over the last month, that statement does indeed seem to be false doesn't it?how can you compare 23-6 to 16-16 thats just stupid

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:29 AM
isn't that the prediction for the last 20 years

Nope........ KU generally always shoots for 6 or under 6 losses per year.

All the divisional rivals set there standards around 10 - 20 losses per year.

When it comes to failure, they have 1st hand experence at it and can dish the shit out.

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Real class flipping us off. I now know why you like KU.

Damn, you wake up in a sour mood......... I'm one of the easier going Hawks around you'll find.

We we suck, I say it. When we lose, I say it.

When I say you guys are rubbing it in, I say it. :D

Lighten up......... do you think I should just lay over and let you shovel the dirt in my face, I'm not dead. :)

PastorMikH
03-19-2005, 09:34 AM
how can you compare 23-6 to 16-16 thats just stupid

No what's stupid is your failure to read and comprehend a post. Since you are obviously a KU student/grad, I guess I'll have to explain this to you. KU won 3 games and lost 5 games in the last month. MU went 6-3. Also, MU BEAT KU the last time they played. Over the last month of play, which team was better?

Oh, and remember that OU team that THRASHED you? MU beat them too.

So just take the KU is better than MU stuff, pack it up in a box, and bring it back out when your team really is better.

jettio
03-19-2005, 09:38 AM
If it is any consolation to the Jayhawkers, I am willing to sell regional licensing rights for the distribution and sale of the Buck F*cknell line of sports apparel and memorabilia.

ROYC75
03-19-2005, 09:38 AM
No what's stupid is your failure to read and comprehend a post. Since you are obviously a KU student/grad, I guess I'll have to explain this to you. KU won 3 games and lost 5 games in the last month. MU went 6-3. Also, MU BEAT KU the last time they played. Over the last month of play, which team was better?

So just take the KU is better than MU stuff, pack it up in a box, and bring it back out when your team really is better.

I would guess he is probally basing his opinion on the whole season....just my guess.

I see what you are saying, your team did show improvement over the last month where we failed to deliever .

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:39 AM

since when does a season play out in only a month? and the only reason you beat us head to head is cause langford got hurt. How does beating us without us being at full strength make you better? Oh and about OU you beat them during a 3 game losing streak you are so bad....let me bow down and kiss thy feet. Get real!

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Right now everybody is going to give us some shit......... It's OK, we failed to meet our expectations. But at KU, our expectations are set much higher than 98% of most schools.

Their shit will only be fertilizer for the team to retool with.

Only 2% of schools in America expect to beat a 14 seed when they are a 3 seed?

:rolleyes:

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Only 2% of schools in America expect to beat a 14 seed when they are a 3 seed?

:rolleyes:no wonder your rep is red

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:41 AM
since when does a season play out in only a month? and the only reason you beat us head to head is cause langford got hurt. How does beating us without us being at full strength make you better? Oh and about OU you beat them during a 3 game losing streak you are so bad....let me bow down and kiss thy feet. Get real!

Well, since we played without our starting point guard, you could say we were less then full strength as well......but i'm sure you will leave that part out. ROFL

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:42 AM
no wonder your rep is red

ZING!

ArrowheadHawk
03-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Well, since we played without our starting point guard, you could say we were less then full strength as well......but i'm sure you will leave that part out. ROFLis your starting pg i don't even know his name going to be a pro? I doubt it? I just going to say you win...enjoy it while you can if you think your .500 team is better than our winning team. Thats all i have to say. Good Day.

eazyb81
03-19-2005, 09:45 AM
is your starting pg i don't even know his name going to be a pro? I doubt it? I just going to say you win...enjoy it while you can if you think your .500 team is better than our winning team. Thats all i have to say. Good Day.
ummm.....do you really think Langford is going pro? I didn't know the NBA was in dire need of small guards that have bad handles and can't shoot well. I would love to see one mock draft that has Langford being drafted.

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 09:48 AM

What you are blaming injuries on that loss? ROFL MU had people out as well.

dtebbe
03-19-2005, 09:49 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

:clap: :clap:

redbrian
03-19-2005, 09:51 AM
You have got to love these KU fans.

After the biggest melt down, embarrassing loss in school history.

They remain either the epitome of clueless eternal optimist.

Or the most delusional arrogant a-holes since the NFL expansion created the donko’s fans.

Just wait till next year they cry………wait isn’t that suppose to be MU fans battle cry…. ROFL

Ok I've got to get off to the Home show and open my booth, stop by the FormCast booth if you happen to attend the show today or tommorrow, I'm easy to spot, the name redbrian should give you a clue. You all have fun for the rest of the day.

PastorMikH
03-19-2005, 09:57 AM
is your starting pg i don't even know his name going to be a pro? I doubt it?

On that point, our starting PG was a freshman this year and did a decent job of running the team. So with 3 more years of experience under his belt, who knows.

Baby Lee
03-19-2005, 10:28 AM
You have got to love these KU fans.

After the biggest melt down, embarrassing loss in school history.

They remain either the epitome of clueless eternal optimist.
If it makes you feel better, I'm a fan who is predicting the NIT for KU next year.

KChiefs1
03-19-2005, 01:00 PM
ROFL