PDA

View Full Version : Little Jessica's Body Found

Brock
03-19-2005, 08:51 AM
When are people going to realize that sex offenders cannot be cured or rehabilitated? No matter how many movies you make with Kevin Bacon in them trying to show these scumbags as human, the fact is they only way they're cured is with a bullet to the head. If you live in Kansas, you can check out where they live in your town here:

https://www.accesskansas.org/registered-offender/index.html?by=zip

Goddammit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150918,00.html

Cops Find Body of Missing Florida Girl
Saturday, March 19, 2005

HOMOSASSA, Fla. The body of a missing 9-year-old girl was found early Saturday, more than three weeks after she disappeared from her bedroom and a day after officials said a registered sex offender said he kidnapped and killed the girl.

Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy (search) said Jessica Lunsford's (search) body was found during an overnight search in a densely wooded area, only about 150 yards away from the home the girl shared with her father and grandparents.

"In the early morning hours, somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30, we recovered Jessica," Dawsy said.

About an hour before Dawsy's announcement, Jessica's father, Mark Lunsford, issued a brief, emotional statement to reporters. He visited the search scene shortly after sunrise.

"Everyone heard me say, time after time, that she would be home," Lunsford said, his eyes hidden behind dark black sunglasses. "She's home now."

John Evander Couey (search), 46, confessed to kidnapping and killing Jessica after taking a lie-detector test Friday in Georgia, Dawsy said.

"We're en route to bring him back home," said Dawsy, who added that he wants Couey to face "the death penalty."

go bowe
03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
iirc, it has been pretty much documented that the vast majority of (if not all) pedophiles cannot be cured...

but i don't know that all "sex offenders" cannot be rehabbed...

that's a pretty broad term...

trndobrd
03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
A "sex offender" includes everyone from the most vile of pedophiles to dumbass who grabs a chick's butt at a bar and gets convicted of sexual assault.

Not saying the former doesn't deserve a wienerectomy, but the latter probably doesn't need to be registering every time he moves for the rest of his life.

go bowe
03-19-2005, 09:25 AM
A "sex offender" includes everyone from the most vile of pedophiles to dumbass who grabs a chick's butt at a bar and gets convicted of sexual assault.

Not saying the former doesn't deserve a wienerectomy, but the latter probably doesn't need to be registering every time he moves for the rest of his life.i bet that's been a real pain in the ass for you, hasn't it? :D

trndobrd
03-19-2005, 09:32 AM
i bet that's been a real pain in the ass for you, hasn't it? :D

ROFL

sort of asked for that one

go bowe
03-19-2005, 10:19 AM
ROFL

sort of asked for that onewell, you did kinda tee it up... :D

wazu
03-19-2005, 10:48 AM
When are people going to realize that sex offenders cannot be cured or rehabilitated? No matter how many movies you make with Kevin Bacon in them trying to show these scumbags as human, the fact is they only way they're cured is with a bullet to the head. If you live in Kansas, you can check out where they live in your town here:

https://www.accesskansas.org/registered-offender/index.html?by=zip

Goddammit.

I think this is the most I have ever seen Brock type.

Cochise
03-19-2005, 11:37 AM
I know they were hoping she would come home, I was too, but how come they didn't search the immediate area until now?

memyselfI
03-19-2005, 04:47 PM
I think this is the most I have ever seen Brock type.

I have Brock on ignore so I would have never seen this post if you had not quoted it, so thank you for quoting it. And thank you to Brock for posting it. I've discovered there are 9 within a few mile radius and most frightening is one down a not so long street but within walking distance. :shake: :cuss: :banghead:

As my kids are just becoming more familiar with our new neighborhood and as they are becoming more mobile and independent and outdoors with riding their bikes...

I'm going to sit them down and show them the pictures of these people and warn them. Thank you.

KC Jones
03-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't understand why we're so lenient with pedophiles either. Seems like it would be a popular enough effort to set mandatory sentences for convicted pedophiles of life in prison without parole if not death sentences. There really is no point to give these sick sacks of shit another chance. There are just certain lines that if you cross you should die. Raping a child is definitely one of them.

wazu
03-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I've discovered there are 9 within a few mile radius and most frightening is one down a not so long street but within walking distance.

NINE?! Nine sexual predators within a few miles of your house?! Do you live in a maximum security prison?!

That's unbelievable! I always thought these psychos were few and far between. Gotta at least give Kansas credit for making this information so available. Anybody know if Missouri has a similar web site?

DenverChief
03-20-2005, 01:29 AM
NINE?! Nine sexual predators within a few miles of your house?! Do you live in a maximum security prison?!

That's unbelievable! I always thought these psychos were few and far between. Gotta at least give Kansas credit for making this information so available. Anybody know if Missouri has a similar web site?

you should be able to find something via the Dept of Corrections website

Nightfyre
03-20-2005, 04:01 AM
There are 218 sexual offenders in my city. Over half of which are thought to be violent. My cities population is 24,569.

so figure 1 in every 112.7 people you meet is a sexual offender and that 1 in every 225.4 people you meet is a violent sexual offender.

memyselfI
03-20-2005, 07:20 AM

Nope, but I live in one of the largest zip codes of one of the most liveable cities in the US...Overland Park, KS.

Brock
03-21-2005, 08:49 AM

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/SORPage.html

Cochise
03-21-2005, 09:01 AM
http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/SORPage.html

Wow, guy I went to high school with is listed in there for child molestation.

I guess there are a lot more of these pieces of Raiders out there than you think.

RedNFeisty
03-21-2005, 09:11 AM

We have 27 just in our zip code.

bkkcoh
03-21-2005, 09:20 AM
the punishment for the bastage should be locked in a room with the parents for about 30 minutes or so. I am sure that wouldn't take quite that long, but it would be justified IMHO.

Iowanian
03-21-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.iowasexoffender.com/pages.php?node=02/01/16/3679038

Here is a link for the Iowa search. It sickens me, how many of them I know from both my home town and current location. In a town of less than 2000, there are 2 on the street my nephews live.........

BIG_DADDY
03-21-2005, 09:51 AM
the punishment for the bastage should be locked in a room with the parents for about 30 minutes or so. I am sure that wouldn't take quite that long, but it would be justified IMHO.

That makes too much sence and is far too simple. No what we must do is spend millions prosecuting him and millions more executing him after spending hundreds of thousands keeping him locked up until that day.

bkkcoh
03-21-2005, 10:08 AM
That makes too much sence and is far too simple. No what we must do is spend millions prosecuting him and millions more executing him after spending hundreds of thousands keeping him locked up until that day.

Yeah, and we both know that we can't have the legal system make sense.

Lzen
03-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't understand why we're so lenient with pedophiles either. Seems like it would be a popular enough effort to set mandatory sentences for convicted pedophiles of life in prison without parole if not death sentences. There really is no point to give these sick sacks of shit another chance. There are just certain lines that if you cross you should die. Raping a child is definitely one of them.

They should take these sick bastards and tie them to a table. Then give them some medication that blocks the endorphins or whatever it is that the body produces to help lessen pain. Then cut off their whole package and let them bleed to death. :cuss:

CosmicPal
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM

Legalize marijuana, get rid of mandatory minimum sentencing, and you will then be able to put every pedophile behind bars for life....until then, accept the fact that our nation will continue to feed its prisons with as many drug offenders it can, and all the rapists and thieves get out early....

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Legalize marijuana, get rid of mandatory minimum sentencing, and you will then be able to put every pedophile behind bars for life....until then, accept the fact that our nation will continue to feed its prisons with as many drug offenders it can, and all the rapists and thieves get out early....
Pedophiles are rarely early released. Nor are they assaulted in prison until dead. Both are myths. In fact, many sexual offenders are held way past their term of release as they are deemed unfit to release - it is the only crime I know of that this measure has been used.

Drug offenders typically have had MULTIPLE convictions before state or federally incarcerated. Nor are just average potheads looking for a quarter ounce filling up the jails.

Fact is that the crime does not carry a stiff enough sentence and we honestly should be executing the bastards. That would leave plenty of room in the prisons AND make society safer.

CosmicPal
03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Pedophiles are rarely early released. Nor are they assaulted in prison until dead. Both are myths. In fact, many sexual offenders are held way past their term of release as they are deemed unfit to release - it is the only crime I know of that this measure has been used.

Drug offenders typically have had MULTIPLE convictions before state or federally incarcerated. Nor are just average potheads looking for a quarter ounce filling up the jails.

Fact is that the crime does not carry a stiff enough sentence and we honestly should be executing the bastards. That would leave plenty of room in the prisons AND make society safer.

Yes, I entirely agree on your last sentence. But, the fact of the matter is- mandatory minimum sentencing has done more harm than good for our society.

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes, I entirely agree on your last sentence. But, the fact of the matter is- mandatory minimum sentencing has done more harm than good for our society.
As far as drug regulation it has. On the other hand, the murders and other violent crimes in the KC area have been drastically reduced since the inception of the program. Since I am not a drug abuser, the lower level doesn't affect me in the least and there are less murderers on the streets - so it has been beneficial to my family.

CosmicPal
03-21-2005, 05:07 PM
As far as drug regulation it has. On the other hand, the murders and other violent crimes in the KC area have been drastically reduced since the inception of the program. Since I am not a drug abuser, the lower level doesn't affect me in the least and there are less murderers on the streets - so it has been beneficial to my family.

Murders have not been reduced because of mandatory minimum sentencing....

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Murders have not been reduced because of mandatory minimum sentencing....
They are reduced in KC and have been since the inception, as well as violent crimes.

CosmicPal
03-21-2005, 05:16 PM
They are reduced in KC and have been since the inception, as well as violent crimes.

I'll have to look into the crime statistics of KC over the past few years, but I would suffice to say it's not because of MMS- I'm sure a few cultural variables came to play- like active neighborhoods taking back their streets and stuff like that, but I doubt it's the direct result of MMS.

A few years ago, I published a paper on the effects of MMS on our society. The results of the findings were quite surprising and the paper was taken very favorably by the professor.

I have it somewhere around here. The facts are out-dated, but they weren't at the time of the publication. I'll be more than happy to find it and let you read it Wolfman. I'm not trying to stir any debates here and I highly respect and value your opinions, I would just like for you to read it for yourself and see what you think....

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I'll have to look into the crime statistics of KC over the past few years, but I would suffice to say it's not because of MMS- I'm sure a few cultural variables came to play- like active neighborhoods taking back their streets and stuff like that, but I doubt it's the direct result of MMS.

A few years ago, I published a paper on the effects of MMS on our society. The results of the findings were quite surprising and the paper was taken very favorably by the professor.

I have it somewhere around here. The facts are out-dated, but they weren't at the time of the publication. I'll be more than happy to find it and let you read it Wolfman. I'm not trying to stir any debates here and I highly respect and value your opinions, I would just like for you to read it for yourself and see what you think....
I would love to read it.

CosmicPal
03-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I would love to read it.

Give me a couple of days, and I'll locate the paper in my files. I've been meaning to update the paper with the latest research anyhow. Maybe now would be a good time to see what progress, if any we've made since the original paper.

PM if you don't hear from me in a couple of days....